Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,879 members, 7,824,673 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Governor Wike Attacks Sheriff & Rejects Factional Leader’s Condition For Peace - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Wike Attacks Sheriff & Rejects Factional Leader’s Condition For Peace (1110 Views)

El-Rufai Reacts To The Demolition Of APC Factional Office In Kaduna State / Senate Condemns Demolition Of Kaduna Factional APC Secretariat / Sheriff Rejects Bot Proposals On Fresh Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Wike Attacks Sheriff & Rejects Factional Leader’s Condition For Peace by morereb10: 8:24am On Aug 16, 2016
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers state has reacted to accusations leveled against him and his Ekiti state counterpart, Ayodele Fayose, by Ali Modu Sheriff. Share on Facebook Share on Twitter binciki Rivers state governor, Nyesom Wike has reacted to accusations leveled against him by Ali Modu Sheriff.

Wike said that contrary to the claim by the factional chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Senator Ali Modu Sheriff, he has no plan to hijack the party. The Rivers state governor also rejected Sheriff’s condition that he (Wike) should step down as the National Chairman of the PDP National Convention Planning Committee and that the party’s convention should be moved to Abuja.

The governor was reacting to the PDP factional chairman’s allegation that he (Wike) and his counterpart from Ekiti state, Mr Ayo Fayose, were making moves to seize the control of the party at the national level. Speaking with newsmen in Port Harcourt on Monday, August 15, Wike described Sheriff as being petty, adding that he would continue to give the PDP the support it required. Also describing Sheriff as a member of the party who was not ready to make sacrifices for the party to move forward, the governor pointed out that Sheriff failed to prove his critics, who predicted that he would destroy the PDP, wrong.

“Did we hijack the party when he said he never expected he would be chairman and then we made him chairman? Now, because it is not in his favour, he is saying we are hijacking the party. “It is very wrong for Sheriff to have said that. When did he come to the party? We were in the PDP since its formation. Am I going to hijack the party from a person that just (recently) became a member?

“Sheriff has nothing to say again and that is why he is talking about the hijacking of the party. Who is going to contribute more in terms of PDP winning? I am from Rivers State, he (Sheriff) is from Borno. “What is the vote from Borno that he gave to the PDP and what is the vote from Rivers that I gave to the PDP? If there is election today, who will support the PDP more? Is it him from his state or me from Rivers state?”

See complete news @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/08/governor-wike-attacks-sheriff-rejects.html

cc mynd44 obinoscopy

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Attacks Sheriff & Rejects Factional Leader’s Condition For Peace by HungerBAD: 8:24am On Aug 16, 2016
Wike again?

Am I the only one getting the feelings that Nigerians do not care,about the PDP anymore?or who rules them?

Nigerians have a lot to bother about now,instead of to be worried about a bunch of criminally minded politicians.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Attacks Sheriff & Rejects Factional Leader’s Condition For Peace by huntila(m): 8:29am On Aug 16, 2016
Technically, Rivers gave PDP more votes than Borno.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Attacks Sheriff & Rejects Factional Leader’s Condition For Peace by shukuokukobambi: 8:29am On Aug 16, 2016
Wike has forgotten that Sheriff was sitting peacefully in his house drinking kunu and chewing gworo before he and Fayose went to beg him to come help them save PDP?

#ISTANDWITHSHERIFF

Though on another note, i'm impressed with the gentlemanly way Wike attacks these kind of issues. So maturely without much fight because he knows he might need the bridge another day. That's how a wise man thinks. Discretion is the better part of valor. Not like my dear brother Fayose wey dey burn everything in sight. imagine him calling Sheriff "an HIV infested bride" cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Attacks Sheriff & Rejects Factional Leader’s Condition For Peace by Ridwan1821: 8:38am On Aug 16, 2016
PDP should unite and stop this faction of a thing.
Re: Governor Wike Attacks Sheriff & Rejects Factional Leader’s Condition For Peace by greatness22(m): 8:45am On Aug 16, 2016
Nice one from wike, sheriff is just a shameless fat pig.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Attacks Sheriff & Rejects Factional Leader’s Condition For Peace by Decodedp: 8:52am On Aug 16, 2016
HungerBAD:
Wike again?

Am I the only one getting the feelings that Nigerians do not care,about the PDP anymore?or who rules them?

Nigerians have a lot to bother about now,instead of to be worried about a bunch of criminally minded politicians.

HungerBAD again?

I bet my left yash that no sane mind cares about your posts again.

Who still care about the opinion of a paid agent who sees no evil and says no evil as far as APC is involved.

Some are even beginning to believe he's a robot

2 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Attacks Sheriff & Rejects Factional Leader’s Condition For Peace by Decodedp: 8:58am On Aug 16, 2016
@topic,

This is a better response when compared with that of FFK..

Wike raised valid points which sheriff can't dispute.
Re: Governor Wike Attacks Sheriff & Rejects Factional Leader’s Condition For Peace by Thisis2raw(m): 9:35am On Aug 16, 2016
Sheriff of yesterday wants to go against wike that has been in PDP FOR ages. Na wa oh. Well Sha my darling governor abeg forget about dat one concentrate on that road you dey do for my hometown Rumuorlumeni, no mind sheriff
Re: Governor Wike Attacks Sheriff & Rejects Factional Leader’s Condition For Peace by DIKEnaWAR: 9:38am On Aug 16, 2016
My question to Wike is; what were they thinking when they made Sheriff the chair of the party?

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Attacks Sheriff & Rejects Factional Leader’s Condition For Peace by DLuciano: 10:26am On Aug 16, 2016
HungerBAD:
Wike again?

Nigeria more than cares. APC is already a failure, Nigeria are searching for capable replacement for APC come 2019.
Re: Governor Wike Attacks Sheriff & Rejects Factional Leader’s Condition For Peace by oganology33(m): 10:54am On Aug 16, 2016
HungerBAD:
Wike again?

Yes! Wike Again!!!

And Yes! Ure the only one getting dat feeling that Nigerians do not care abt the PDP.

With the way ur beloved APC is going, Nigerians wld sadly settle with the Lesser Evil AKA PDP until a beta alternative 2 these Crazy political parties emerge.

(1) (Reply)

See What FUNAAB Students Did To A Thief Who Stole Tecno Phone During Protest. / PHOTOS: Gov. Wike Inspects Woji/ Akoajo Bridge / Did You Look Into The Mirror Before You Made This Accusation Against Me?(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.