Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

5. Odu Irosun Meji- Remember To Count Your Blessings! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 5. Odu Irosun Meji- Remember To Count Your Blessings! (7968 Views)

Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! / 14- Odu Irete Meji- Eji Elemere Let Your Fortunes Make You A Better Person! / 10. Odu Osa Meji- Attack Is The Best Form Of Defense. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5. Odu Irosun Meji- Remember To Count Your Blessings! by lawani: 11:56am On Aug 16, 2016
Eriwo ya!

IROSUN MEJI!

ORE YEYE O!

I I

I I

II II

II II

Osun means increase just as the name implies just like orisun means source. Sun is the word there that means multiplicity or increase. It can be children, money, knowledge, prestige, honor and etc. All increase are from Osun. Ore yeye o!

If you look carefully, you will know that you are increasing even if not financially, it may be in experience or wisdom. So know where you were in the past compared to where you are now and acknowledge your progress, your increase, your multiplication.
That was the divination for me which led to my pointing out to people disrespecting me that I am infact a millionaire by networth since I am in the council of freight forwarders, an intellectual by accomplishment as in I have been published in a science journal. When I was not required to put quality in my thesis, I put it and Prof Akeredolu of Chemical Engineering, Obafemi Awolowo University Ile Ife had no choice but to publish me. It was Dr Mrs Ajayi in Microbology in thesame school that told me 'What you have is significant because even some Professors do not have more than 20 if up to, of such works'. I was 24. So when the dregs of the Earth insulting and attacking me would not relent, I used the irosun meji on them. Ore yeye o!

And those are just what I have that even the dregs of the Earth can not contest. Not to talk of the highest blessing of Barbara Bush being my wife and mother of my children. Barbara herself is a dollar millionaire by networth. Not to talk of her family. She invests well and makes profit. Not to talk of the high quality people, all risen for me. Let me leave it at things you can not dispute. Go to Obafemi Awolowo University and the Council of Freight forwarders in Nigeria.

So, look deep and you will always have something to be grateful for. Irosun is Iro Osun meaning Reverberations of increase or Sounds of Increase or evidence of increase. Always keep tab on it. Be grateful always.

A verse in Irosun meji or Eji Irosun goes thus

Ifa ko jebo na o fin
Ifa ko jebo na o dode orun gburegbure
Ada nko?
Ada nko?
Ada nko?
Ada lo odo
A difa fun Eleko Odere
Eyi ti o loro kale o to le!
Eleko Odere
Se bo lo la?
Oroso dudu
O gbaja funfun
O fapoti tidi O le kenka
Eleko o dere se bo lo jere
Orunmila ma je ki ola emi ati awon ebi mi ko parun
Ase Edumare.

Translation

Ifa let our offering be perfected
Ifa let our offering reach heaven
Where is the matchete?
Where is the matchete?
Where is the matchete?
The matchete has gone to the river
Made Ifa divination for the Eko seller in the town of Odere
The one who will become wealthy before nightfall
Eko seller of Odere
Didnt you say you are yet to prosper?
You are dressed in black and cross apparelled in white.
You sit on a stool, majestically!
Eko seller of Odere, you say you are not making profit?
Orunmila do not allow the prosperity of me and my family to disappear!
Ase Edumare
Edumare Ase!
Re: 5. Odu Irosun Meji- Remember To Count Your Blessings! by ppuyiosa: 8:41pm On Jan 12, 2017
I am intrigued on all you notes on some of the Ifa odu's. Can you give me more info on Irosun-Ogbe ?

1 Like

Re: 5. Odu Irosun Meji- Remember To Count Your Blessings! by lawani: 11:39pm On Jan 12, 2017
ppuyiosa:
I am intrigued on all you notes on some of the Ifa odu's. Can you give me more info on Irosun-Ogbe ?

I DONT KNOW ANY IROSUN OGBE STORY AS I AM STILL LEARNING. HOWEVER IF YOU ASK A QUESTION LIKE 'SHOULD I MARRY HER?' OR WHO IS THIS PERSON I WANT TO MARRY? AND IROSUN OGBE IS CAST. THE MESSAGE IS 'SUPPORT THE BLESSING OR SHE IS A SUPPORT FOR YOUR BLESSING. DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU ASKED! THEN IT MIGHT COME WITH IRE OR IBI. IF IT IS IROSUN OSA, IT MEANS YOU SHOULD RUN! ETC

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Time To Abolish Bride Price / Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. / Random Acts Of Kindness (Africa)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.