Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,362 members, 7,860,993 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:29 PM

Where Is My Country? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is My Country? (328 Views)

If Only My Country Could Be Like This / ‘I Regret Serving My Country’ – Orubebe / I Read This Post And I Feel Ashamed Of My Country...... No Unity And Love Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Is My Country? by isaacbill01: 4:29pm On Aug 16, 2016
I have not been following event as it unfolds at the current Olympics. so anxiously I called a friend of mine who is a sport analyst to inquire about the position of my beloved country and he shocked me when he said Nigeria is medal-less to satisfy my curiosity I switched on the T.V and coincidentally, a sport channel was showing the list of country with medal and I searched and searched all to no avail...
I realized my country is no longer what it was and now a ghost of its former self.
South Africa lead the black continent with the highest medal and its remind me of its dominance economically over Nigeria .
Maybe Olympics is not abt winning but participation. it is a shame when countries like Bahrain keep appearing on the medal table.
U.S .A , China and great Britain keep leading the world economically, technologically and now. "Olympically"
Despite all the disappointment I will keep searching for my country on the medal table as the game progresses. cc lalasticlala cc Omenka

Re: Where Is My Country? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 16, 2016
na today....

(1) (Reply)

Extremism: US John Kerry To Visit Nigeria Next Week. / Is Amalgamation By Force? / Labour Union Promises To Support Osun State To Grow Revenue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.