Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,619 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older (14582 Views)

Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) / 7 Advantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook! / 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by tEsLim(m): 9:02pm On Dec 11, 2006
What about that! Everyone kept talking about their situations. What about mine!

I don't want to go into details. You know Nigeria. Someone who knowz me might know. She doesnt really look that old though. But when I think of it at times, men. That's how I feel!

I still can break up the whole thing. In my mind I call her baby mama! Though I think I love her too.
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by English1(f): 9:34am On Dec 12, 2006
I don't see anything wrong with it?
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:27pm On Dec 24, 2006
@english1
i guess your not an african,well in the african society its looked down on for a guy to marry a lady older than him,its not just seen as a good thing. undecided
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by English1(f): 12:33pm On Dec 27, 2006
But 5 years is nothing! Who would ever know unless you told them?
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by Busta(f): 5:21am On Dec 28, 2006
nuthin wrong with that.
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by tEsLim(m): 8:09am On Dec 28, 2006
I mistakenly told the old man. And he says lemme have my grandson and let moma find her way home. We ain't keepin no old ladies in the family. I'm 10years older than ya mama!!! undecided
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by harvey(m): 5:51pm On Dec 28, 2006
no wahala,so long u both are in love
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by Eurphoria(f): 6:01pm On Dec 28, 2006
personally i wont go for a younger man right now, but thats for no cultural thing at all. Please if you love her go for it, if you dont well you decide. But 5yrs older is no old lady geez, thats just going over the top now
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by obedz(m): 5:40pm On Dec 31, 2006
for the guys, i see motin wrong in us drullin a 5yrs older chick as lng as the chick aint complainin, i see notin wrong wit it.
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by tEsLim(m): 9:34am On Jan 01, 2007
You'll see nothin wrong till u take her home.

Till you go to ur in-law and u see her younger ones a even older than you. Till she calls one mama by her "Name". LIke hey BIMPE bawo ni. And you've been callin BIMPE auntie BIMPE and now, ur BIMPE's friends hubby tongue. Till she calls a her elder sister name too. And U dont know if u should do the same. (Though I really really hate the yoruba age respect thing. So thats one of the things that got me into trouble. I dont respect ppl like 8years above. I'd always believe someone 5years older we still age group. So i push mine as far as 8.)

What got me into this is because I always dont care about things like age. I've been dating older girls since 17yrs. I've even gone as far as someone 8years older. They wont limme alone. They all know i'm younger but dont wanna believe the reality. They say I told like I'm 10years older. THat I do things a little too mature. I push the wheels that someone 10years older would'nt even push. BUt my face says it all. THIS DUDE is a kid. BUt they see the face wrongly again. They say it jus looks too clean and fresh. That I prolly be Kenneth "Babyface" Edmond in disguise.

In this particular case I was retiring from the old-girl-date game when we met. I was so pissed this one was older too. SHe denied it and gave me some younger birthday. angry. Till some older friends saw her and was like. Yup you remember Seun they was class mates. WOW!!! shocked

She's got challances men. I look too fuckin' like. Oh!!! Its a lie, he ain't married. embarassed
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by feelgood(m): 11:45am On Jan 01, 2007
@tEslim
If u Luv the lady, go ahead ( & goodluck)
If u want out with them oldies, bust it.
However how abt the story that the ol girls do know how 2 take care of them injuns - dont envy you ol chap !
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by freemanj(m): 1:15pm On Jan 01, 2007
if you really love her then what are you waiting for.age is nothing but numbers it all boils down to the chemistry btw the 2 of you and thats exactly what love is all about ie loving the imperfect perfectly.the fact still remain that the more challenging a relationship is,the sweeter the memories. my guy 4get traditional sentiment and be a creative guy you've always wanted to be.i'm behind you men
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by reka2u: 2:09pm On Jan 01, 2007
it does not mean anything that u are going out with a girl that is 5 years older than u, what matters is "love" and other thi ngs is not important.
teslim i dont know if it has happened to u before but i'm sure u can handle the situation if it happens that is there are better ways of handling such situation. grin shocked
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by isabi(m): 3:44pm On Jan 01, 2007
ma papa said 5 is minimum and the man should be older in any case. time has proven the old boy right.
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by osegwu(m): 4:47pm On Jan 01, 2007
Age is just a number that can be reversed. If you love her
then go for her, remember that cos your marraid a lady 10
years younger than him don't mean their marriage will be happier
than yours. You know what? there is never going to be a bride you
will bring home without a family member seeing something wrong with
her so don't deterred, go marry your heart.
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by va42ndka2(m): 7:38pm On Jan 01, 2007
I think this has alot to do wit unerstanding n love. where the Nigerian mentality has no role 2 play in it, no family feelings as long as u know what ur going into n who ur into it wit.
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by blablabla(m): 7:52pm On Jan 01, 2007
what is the motive?
does she guarrantee you citizenship of a better country?
abi her parents are very loaded?
or she is hopelessly loaded?
or the sex blew your mind?
abi she don cook you for ijebu igbo
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by spinddy(f): 8:23pm On Jan 01, 2007
[color=#770077][/color]It is real good to follow your heart, but u must also use your head.No matter what anyone says, you are still gonna do what u want to do.A ghanian friend of mine just got married to a kenyan girl who is 4yrs older than him and i must say that he asked for a lot of his pals opinion before the wedding and despite all that was said, he did what he wanted to do.Always remember that at the end of the day it's only the two of you.so if you want that then go ahead and live your life with her.The very best,
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 01, 2007
There's nothing wrong with it bro. , as long as she's the one you want to be with and you both treat each other like partners and not a mother-son relationship.
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by tlo(f): 10:59pm On Jan 01, 2007
Personally, i wouldn't want 2 date 'nyone younger so he wouldn't hav 2 hav a msg thread like this (no guile intended)

n so that for the rest of our lives from time to time the "age diff" won't b one of those 'issues'

i also dont want folks to do mental maths on his '50th birthday' n are like
", wait a minute, weren't we at Tolu's 50th like 5 years ago?"

thers's also the thing they say about women aging earlier, while men grow to be more dignified in their looks.

but that's ME!

it shouldnt b a big deal if u can handl it n if d both of u can b mature about it n treat each other with mutual respect
regardless.

besides many couples hav, and stay together for many many years

wish u the best
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by stiyke(m): 11:19pm On Jan 01, 2007
within u, you know you should bust the whole thing, but u came to nairaland for us to give u the go ahead. My brother dont put urself thru that misery, let her go. am sure u will find a younger gal that you would fall in love with. Or has ur time passed??
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by babyboy2(m): 1:08am On Jan 02, 2007
stiyke:

within u, you know you should bust the whole thing, but u came to nairaland for us to give u the go ahead. My brother don't put yourself through that misery, let her go. am sure u will find a younger girl that you would fall in love with. Or has your time passed??
bro,how does somebody's time get passed?
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by nameless2(f): 2:40am On Jan 02, 2007
I can only repeat, what was written before: If you love her, go for her!
I always say: Love has no age!

and it is true in most cases! wish you all the best
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by righocream(m): 7:37am On Jan 02, 2007
Really there is nothing to it. I see age as nothing really that converns anyone but the both of you who are inlove. I guess she loves it the way that you give it to her, so I must commend that you must be the right oildriller in the minning field.

If you like and love her just do what you think your heart tells you, as for me if you liked I gave you an advise then I have this one for you, I love older chicks because they are so easy to understand, I have always dated older ones, I have a brother who is about 9 years older than I am and I caught this chick and we started dating, we had had it several time in several wheres' till I decided to bring her to mama ( show her my crib) and found out that she was my eldest brothers classmate, they got gisting and all then I found out there were close, he calls her on the phone one day we were coincidentally at it and started trying to be fast, she just handed the phone to me to hear all what he was saying and how he had this crush on her, really I did respect her a lot cos I know that someone younger wouldnt have done better, she handled things her age would,

she asked me not to get into any aguements with him though and I should pretend I knew nothing.lol I like her so much for this and you know that gave me so much reason to beleive that older chicks are the bomb, they say things as they come and not just the way that you wanna hear it.

If I had an opportunity with someone u have no, I would go for her so far she is beatiful and has my type of qualities

cheeers
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by boladonas(m): 9:56am On Jan 02, 2007
'
righocream:

82828Really there is nothing to it. I see age as nothing really that converns anyone but the both of you who are inlove. I guess she loves it the way that you give it to her, so I must commend that you must be the right oildriller in the minning field.

If you like and love her just do what you think your heart tells you, as for me if you liked I gave you an advise then I have this one for you, I love older chicks because they are so easy to understand, I have always dated older ones, I have a brother who is about 9 years older than I am and I caught this chick and we started dating, we had had it several time in several wheres' till I decided to bring her to mama ( show her my crib) and found out that she was my eldes
t brothers classmate, they got gisting and all then I found out there were close, he calls her on the phone one marryday we were coincidentally at it and started trying to be fast, she just handed the phone to me to hear all what he wa s saying and how he had this crush on her, really I did respect her a lot because I know that someone younger woouldnt have done better, she handled things her age would,
t
she asked me nolt to get into any aguements with him though and I should pretend I knew nothing.lol I like her so much founger giror this and you know that gave me so much reason to beleive that older chicks are the bomb, they say things as tor a yhey come and not just the way that you want to hear it.
f
k
Ifo I had an opportunity with someone u have no, I would go for her so far she is beatiful and has my type of qualities
o
chleeers
[/ quote]
o
is t
No matter how hard u try, the age differenlces wil always manifest.
Your best bet if u dont wanna be unfaithful is to look for a younger gurl
half word is enough 4 d wise
dont marry ur mama and become a slave
u wanna have a wife you ll ever be afraid 2 tell ur mind?
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by jidesamuel(m): 3:30pm On Jan 02, 2007
there is nothing so special about having affair with a lady older than u in as much the Love and understanding is there. Besides what if u tell u lies reducing her age in such a way that u think u are older that her, wont u go ahead and marry her cool,u beater not make her regret telling you the truth about her age.
i have dated someone older than me and the relationship was superb.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by Ak51(m): 4:54pm On Jan 02, 2007
If there is love, then there is nothing wrong with it but i dont think i can do it because it would kind of irritate me to have sex with her and what is the point of marrying when u dont have sex. maybe if she is very attractive sha.
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by solo2(m): 5:26pm On Jan 02, 2007
Nothing is wrong in that, All you need is love and understanding.
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by osteen(m): 6:22pm On Jan 02, 2007
hay man if u love her stay wit her and be happy
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by cushman(m): 7:22pm On Jan 02, 2007
I can marry a woman 10 years older. It doesn't really matter once there's love and understanding
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by oIo(m): 10:08pm On Jan 02, 2007
If you are happy, then go on wiv it,
No Shakin' grin
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by edmondo(m): 11:09pm On Jan 02, 2007
my guy is a good thing to follow ur mind,if u love the lady u can go ahead and take her to the altar.forget abt wot pple wuld say.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? / Are you feeling angry right now? Let-off steam here! / Single Parenting: My Success Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.