Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) (53073 Views)

Deaf Man Builds Locally Made Tipper Truck In Anambra (Photos) / Mubarak Abdullahi Builds Helicopters In His House / Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by sorepco(m): 12:05pm On Aug 17, 2016
I think he meant nepa electric or cable and socket...nigerians r not 2 good with words. Just ike referring to the electric sector as power sector.
Anyways kudos to the young man. If he were to be in japan dem for mold am 2 scientist extraordinnaire!!

AfroKnight:
What kind of olodo blogger is this?

The fan uses batteries but not electricity? Chai! Bloggers o.

Kudos young man. May your talents bring you2 all you desire.
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by Sirheny007(m): 12:05pm On Aug 17, 2016
dickrider:
This is one of the reasons why the igbos won't get any biafra. We need their technological know how to build a better and prosperous one Nigeria. The yoruba's are sophisticated and far ahead in academics and politics while the Igbo's knowledge of business and technology is second to none. The only constraint here is the north but we have to keep tolerating them cos the British handed over power to them and they are born to rule Nigeria. Biafra will never come. One nigeria we shall remain. sad

The yoruba's are sophisticated and far ahead in academics and politics.......

Do you know what you are saying??
That is a serious topic to debate on.... sad
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by AntiIPOOP(m): 12:12pm On Aug 17, 2016
Lol by using motor and battery, well he try sha
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by wadetaw202: 12:14pm On Aug 17, 2016
MadCow1:

My secondary school mate built a remote controlled car.. The remote was wireless..

#TrueStory..

Wow! Impressive
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by mrvitalis(m): 12:16pm On Aug 17, 2016
lordyugo:

u really dnt understand d concept of innovation. He was innovative with the scarce resources he had.
In the advanced world they value practicals more than theory , so I dnt knw whr u got that idea from.
dnt be self righteous wit ur " am a mechanical engineer crap" cos originality its virtually non existent in the science and technology world ds days rather modification nd advancement in existing technologies.
Africans and always putting dwn creative mindsets rather than employing those wit it.
I dare u to show me any country were or any multinational company that rate practical ahead of theory
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 17, 2016
kudos to the young man
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by upuphim(m): 12:18pm On Aug 17, 2016
Where are the Philanthropists to help establish this guy? His talent must not be wasted or himself exported to another country.
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by princejayy(m): 12:19pm On Aug 17, 2016
That ain't innovative.. I did that project single handedly in secondary school cool
The only difference is that he is using it to make money.
Thumbs up to the guy anyways grin smiley

Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 17, 2016
dickrider:
This is one of the reasons why the igbos won't get any biafra. We need their technological know how to build a better and prosperous one Nigeria. The yoruba's are sophisticated and far ahead in academics and politics while the Igbo's knowledge of business and technology is second to none. The only constraint here is the north but we have to keep tolerating them cos the British handed over power to them and they are born to rule Nigeria. Biafra will never come. One nigeria we shall remain. sad

Ebere onye muru gi n'eme m. Your own mumu no be here.
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by Getintouch2004(m): 12:22pm On Aug 17, 2016
seunlayi:
Nice innovation but who go buy goods without warranty?

Yes ooo, Afonja just landed.

Keep hating, inugo?
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by Vikelo1212: 12:25pm On Aug 17, 2016
mrvitalis:

First of all what is innovation??
This technology is already in place,
the duration is only a function of the given battery

What has this added to engineering??

Lol those he even know what angle to tilt the fan?? Or u thing those angles are just chosen??

No wonder Nigerians value practicals over theory

Check the meaning of innovation and tell me if this is innovative

Mind u am a mechanical Engineer And this is my feild

Mechanical Engineer my ... And so? What have u ever produced or achieved to show for it. It seems another person's progress dey pepper you? The boy tried, period!
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by Curvinus(m): 12:25pm On Aug 17, 2016
Another Phillip Emeagwali in the making. "From the east shall emerge a devastating army of technologically savvy young men and women who will create a dynasty that will dominate and conquer their peers for many generations to come...Nostradamus 1816.

Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by Bobbysmart6(m): 12:26pm On Aug 17, 2016
I hope d government dnt get blind.bcuz dey got blind anytym dey c a bright future civilian
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 17, 2016
Onegai:
Can we all stop chestbeating and boasting and on the other hand stop saying "it's not innovative"? Neither helps us. Who cares if he's 5% or he is not innovative, this young man has one skill we as a country called Nigeria needs:

He has the hunger for technical know-how. And if we are serious about manufacturing, about dollar being N1=$1, we will put our heads together to encourage his thirst for technical know-how and business.

So, does anyone have his contact, does he need a laptop? If someone is willing to fix up an old laptop, we can get one for him, and other can help to install Engineering and other relevant software on it for him (free). That's how to make this story relevant.

grin

Nne don't fool yourself. You hear, if you day fine who go support am, no even think am for this naija.
The man is igbo, Hausas and tribalism na husband and wife, shay them go even allow am make em show skills? I'm a programmer even selling some software services here in Nigeria, either they demand letter from central bank or they bring up one very stupíd law, na em you strong mouth day talk this one? Your boyfriend give you small crack this morning? Talk true o
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by donmarvex1(m): 12:34pm On Aug 17, 2016
Amberon11:
What's not innovative about a teenager building a hand fan that can last for 15 hours if fully charged? This fan is suitable for the Nigerian clime. If China did it, you'd have appreciated it more.

Can you even draw a fan?? undecided

please check the meaning of innovation.
Thanks .

it's a creative work anyway. I appreciate that. But no no.. not an innovation
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by sandrahnaub(f): 12:34pm On Aug 17, 2016
mrvitalis:
There is nothing innovative here tho

Let's stop celebrating rubbish, igbos are good in technology but not this, go to PRODA or siedi in enugu that's were u see igbo engineering not this rubbish

Mind u I am igbo too
mumu
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by Dentmoyin(m): 12:37pm On Aug 17, 2016
mrvitalis:

First of all what is innovation??
This technology is already in place,
the duration is only a function of the given battery

What has this added to engineering??

Lol those he even know what angle to tilt the fan?? Or u thing those angles are just chosen??

No wonder Nigerians value practicals over theory

Check the meaning of innovation and tell me if this is innovative

Mind u am a mechanical Engineer And this is my feild
oya show us your hand work! I neva see your name for nairaland frontpage before, stop hating so you can go far...haba! You aint ashame to form this is my field with a small boy...hmmmm naija sef, sha i blame buhari
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by Origin(f): 12:39pm On Aug 17, 2016
Up naija. Good thinking good product. I beg add solar panel make he no use battery.
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 17, 2016
mrvitalis:

Let's stop celebrating rubbish, igbos are good in technology but not this, go to PRODA or siedi in enugu that's were u see igbo engineering not this rubbish

Mind u I am igbo too

afonja spotted..
MR man .. You are no Igbo
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by CioAngels(f): 12:51pm On Aug 17, 2016
May His grace support you in future. Unfortunately you may not be a politician's child. The governor and hìs group will not look your way because your group of inventors are better than their children so they feel threatend.
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by speaktome(m): 12:54pm On Aug 17, 2016
Did you skip ur drugs today [quote author=Xbursta post=48557606][/quote]
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by emitheo(m): 12:55pm On Aug 17, 2016
I have to get one for myself..
Considering the epileptic power supply.
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by NORSIYK(m): 1:02pm On Aug 17, 2016
dickrider:

Stop deceiving yourself IGBOS are ahead of aFONJAS in terms of education, aFONJAS are like Liverpool fans... They still dwell in their old glory. Wake up IGBOS are ahead of aFONJAS
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by airsaylongcon: 1:06pm On Aug 17, 2016
MadCow1:

You see.. No one is knocking his hussle..

But we just need people to cool down like this Nigga just invented the Atom Bomb. grin

I have built something like this as a kid.. A fan that operated on batteries.. But kudos to him for trying to build it into a commercial product.

U Don see d way English press dey hype their player wey
Manage dribble tortoise? Everyone hype e own
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by daveP(m): 1:06pm On Aug 17, 2016
mrvitalis:

Mind u I am igbo too
burros f-stop this hate na haba, this boy has lil or no support, peeps you meNtioned
have. so
cmon
appreciate him.
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by oaroloye(m): 1:08pm On Aug 17, 2016
Title of your Post is VERY STUPID!

Battery power is ELECTRICITY! Don't you know anything?

If you had said that he made a fan that worked without MAINS ELECTRICITY, I should not have bothered viewing your post, because there is nothing new about that.

THERE IS SUCH A THING AS MOTORS WHICH OPERATE WITHOUT ELECTRICITY.

There is a design of motor that exploits properties of Magnets that care carefully censored from publicly-released textbooks.

It uses 92 magnets- which might be impossible for most experimenters to obtain in Nigeria.

[See: THE SECRET WORLD OF MAGNETS, by Howard Johnson.]

There are techniques of making engines and generators that require no input to sustain them, whose power apparently comes from nowhere.

These are OVERUNITY PERPETUAL-MOTION devices, and they are BANNED by the American Patent Office.

Anyone who builds them, THERE, is in danger of assassination.

1 Like

Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by zionboyz(m): 1:10pm On Aug 17, 2016
Show me a single one you and those that likes/shares your post have ever done. No matter how it may be he has done better than you and will go far than you. Be quite and be happy for the littel lad.
mrvitalis:

Mind u I am igbo too
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by phobia2002: 1:12pm On Aug 17, 2016
This one won't get scholarship but when they beat u for having sex hypocrite will run there just to make headline
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by parisbookaddict(f): 1:12pm On Aug 17, 2016
dickrider:

i agree.. the igbos and yoruba have so much in common.
the northern elites are the bane of progress in nigeria.
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by iukpe: 1:14pm On Aug 17, 2016
omenka:
"Without electricity" yet with a battery

How these bloggers dey reason sef?? Na wa oo!
grin
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by SafeAlhaji(m): 1:14pm On Aug 17, 2016
segun400:
The young boy, Mr. Ukoma Michael hails from Ideato north, L.G.A in Imo state but resides in Aba with his parents.

He built a handmade fan using wire meshes which can be powered with a battery. I hear the fan can last for 19 hours if well charged.

He already has his fans package in cartons for sale. .

Ukoma says his vision is to have a company of his own that will specialize in producing fan and aircraft.

Below are some of Ukoma's inventions.

Source:http://www.flexygist.com/2016/08/17/photos-young-nigerian-boy-builds-standing-fan-using-wires-without-electricity/

Good one, he is even dreaming of making aircraft
Re: Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) by tundexijim(m): 1:19pm On Aug 17, 2016
NORSIYK:

Stop deceiving yourself IGBOS are ahead of aFONJAS in terms of education, aFONJAS are like Liverpool fans... They still dwell in their old glory. Wake up IGBOS are ahead of aFONJAS

Infact na igbo Sabi everything pass for this country.. if that will make u get a sleep this night.... Chest beater oshi....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Facts About The Sun You Probably Didn't Know / Civet Killed In Ogun Bush In Osere Matogun / Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.