Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,903 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Why Did God Create Time (christians Only) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Create Time (christians Only) (1747 Views)

Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? / Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? / Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did God Create Time (christians Only) by Pidggin(f): 11:28am On Aug 17, 2016
My take is this: God created time for the purpose of judgment because without time it would be unjust for judgement to occur.

What's your take on this?
Re: Why Did God Create Time (christians Only) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 17, 2016
Sigh

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time

I think this post pretty much establishes that the intelligent ones aren't the religious ones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Create Time (christians Only) by oaroloye(m): 4:09pm On Aug 17, 2016
Pidggin:
My take is this: God created time for the purpose of judgment because without time it would be unjust for judgement to occur.

This is easily the most stupid thing an ILLUMINATI SHILL has ever written.

A person who is not completely stupid would take the time to explain why judgment would be just or unjust to occur with or without Time.

. THE NINE TIME VECTORS. Geoffrey Filbert.

Future to Past; Future to Present; Future to Future;
Present to Past; Present to Present; Present to Future;
Past to Past; Past to Present; Past to Future.

[See: EXCALIBUR REVISITED: THE AKASHIC BOOK OF TRUTH, by Geoffrey Filbert (co-founder of Scientology).]

IN GREEK MYTHOLOGY, JASON, the Argonaut had to fight an army of skeletons, who could not be killed.

He was counseled to throw a STONE into their midst, so that each would think that the skeleton soldier next to him was attacking him- so they all left off attacking Jason, and started fighting one another.

That is the purpose of stupid shill questions like this.

Without TIME you cannot have EVENTS.

When you have Absolute Control of Particles and Energy, you can MAKE Time flow in any of NINE Directions- and as such, you can do ANYTHING. Such is the THIRD TALENT OF POWER.

. THE TEN TALENTS OF POWER MATTHEW 25:1-46.

1. TOTAL RECALL.
2. EXTRASENSORY PERCEPTION.
3. TELEKINESIS.
4. TELEPORTATION.
5. TRANSLATION.
6-10. ETERNAL LIFE.

Idiot.

Re: Why Did God Create Time (christians Only) by Pidggin(f): 4:26pm On Aug 17, 2016
Joshuabase:
Sigh

I think this post pretty much establishes that the intelligent ones aren't the religious ones.

And I am supposed to take the writer of the article in Wikipedia more seriously than my God?

Jn 1:1-3
Re: Why Did God Create Time (christians Only) by Pidggin(f): 4:29pm On Aug 17, 2016
oaroloye:

[See: EXCALIBUR REVISITED: THE AKASHIC BOOK OF TRUTH, by Geoffrey Filbert (co-founder of Scientology).]

IN GREEK MYTHOLOGY, JASON, the Argonaut had to fight an army of skeletons, who could not be killed.

He was counseled to throw a STONE into their midst, so that each would think that the skeleton soldier next to him was attacking him- so they all left off attacking Jason, and started fighting one another.

[/b]Without TIME you cannot have EVENTS.
[b]

When you have Absolute Control of Particles and Energy, you can MAKE Time flow in any of NINE Directions- and as such, you can do ANYTHING. Such is the THIRD TALENT OF POWER.

. THE TEN TALENTS OF POWER MATTHEW 25:1-46.

1. TOTAL RECALL.
2. EXTRASENSORY PERCEPTION.
3. TELEKINESIS.
4. TELEPORTATION.
5. TRANSLATION.
6-10. ETERNAL LIFE.

Look how you shot yourself in the foot. Obviously you agree with my point of view
Re: Why Did God Create Time (christians Only) by promise10: 8:23pm On Aug 17, 2016
Pidggin:

I love critical questions like this!

When we say that an eternal God created time, we are not saying that God said "Let there be time" and time appeared. Not that.

The fact that an eternal God STARTED(time) creation AT A POINT, THE BEGINNING(time) proves that God INITIATED time, thus created time. He initiated it, which has an influence on cause and effect. For there to be a cause and effect, there MUST be TIME. Time for this, time for that.

Now, for God to START(time) creation, the book of genesis 1:1 says "In the BEGINNING(time), God created(CAUSE) heaven and earth(EFFECT)".

Hope it helps.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Create Time (christians Only) by Pidggin(f): 7:47am On Aug 18, 2016
promise10:

I love critical questions like this!

When we say that an eternal God created time, we are not saying that God said "Let there be time" and time appeared. Not that.

The fact that an eternal God STARTED(time) creation AT A POINT, THE BEGINNING(time) proves that God INITIATED time, thus created time. He initiated it, which has an influence on cause and effect. For there to be a cause and effect, there MUST be TIME. Time for this, time for that.

Now, for God to START(time) creation, the book of genesis 1:1 says "In the BEGINNING(time), God created(CAUSE) heaven and earth(EFFECT)".

Hope it helps.

Yes it does but are you saying He created time because He desired creation to experience Cause and Effect alone or there's more to this?

Why I ask is because He could have still created Cause and Effect without time but without time there can be no judgement, for example a still born baby cannot be judged haven not yet entered into this sinful world alive despite being alive in the womb
Re: Why Did God Create Time (christians Only) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
*sighs*

I'll respect the OP wishes and not comment. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Create Time (christians Only) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 18, 2016
Joshuabase:
Sigh

The bold is even less intelligent.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create Time (christians Only) by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 18, 2016
Pidggin:

I don't know why God created time. I respect your view point but I do not think that's the case.

There are a lot of things we do not know about God and his creatures. Granted, he has revealed quite a bit about himself and some of his creations but I believe the best we can do for most parts, is try to understand how what he created work as against knowing the reason behind their existence.
Re: Why Did God Create Time (christians Only) by Pidggin(f): 8:03pm On Aug 18, 2016
darknez:

I don't know why God created time. I respect your view point but I do not think that's the case.

There are a lot of things we do not know about God and his creatures. Granted, he has revealed quite a bit about himself and some of his creations but I believe the best we can do for most parts, is try to understand how what he created work as against knowing the reason behind their existence.

Thanks brethren, this scripture Ps. 93:2

"Your throne, O Lord, has been firm from the beginning and you existed before time began"

Was the inspiration behind my question. Thanks once again
Re: Why Did God Create Time (christians Only) by HCpaul(m): 8:50pm On Aug 18, 2016
The question should be "Why did you create this post?"

I sigh......
Re: Why Did God Create Time (christians Only) by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 19, 2016
Pidggin:

Thanks brethren, this scripture Ps. 93:2

"Your throne, O Lord, has been firm from the beginning and you existed before time began"

Was the inspiration behind my question. Thanks once again

Cool.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create Time (christians Only) by promise10: 4:55pm On Aug 19, 2016
HCpaul:
The question should be "Why did you create this post?"

I sigh......
You are such a wonderful atheist.

Would you like us to debate on this issue of a SUPREME GOD? Just on nairaland.

I believe you have so many unanswered questions.

If you would like that, would you mind creating a thread strictly for both of us? So you can throw out your question and debate on them.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create Time (christians Only) by SenatePresdo(m): 7:25pm On Aug 19, 2016
Pidggin:

Time does not exist, it is an illusion harbored inside the mind of humanoids due to their naiveté and lack of extensive understanding on how the Universe works.
Re: Why Did God Create Time (christians Only) by Pidggin(f): 8:00pm On Aug 19, 2016
SenatePresdo:

Time does not exist, it is an illusion harbored inside the mind of humanoids due to their naiveté and lack of extensive understanding on how the Universe works.

If time is only an imagined phenomenon, why do we age?
Re: Why Did God Create Time (christians Only) by SenatePresdo(m): 9:59pm On Aug 19, 2016
Pidggin:

If time is only an imagined phenomenon, why do we age?

That is a good question.
But first and foremost, I will like you to know that humans are quite arrogant with their certain assertions about the whole of existence (The Universe) just to suit there understanding of it.

We don't age because of time, we age because we are living things. If you think we age because of time, why hasn't River Niger or maybe zuma rock aged? Doesn't it pass through time (that is if it exists).
If time is the reason why we age,
They should also age of cause.
so we don't age because of time, but we age because we are living things.

Like I said earlier, humans invented time out of their arrogance or naivete. The universe comes multi-verse does not recognize time, humans do. IMO
Re: Why Did God Create Time (christians Only) by Pidggin(f): 10:45pm On Aug 19, 2016
SenatePresdo:

That is a good question.
But first and foremost, I will like you to know that humans are quite arrogant with their certain assertions about the whole of existence (The Universe) just to suit there understanding of it.

We don't age because of time, we age because we are living things. If you think we age because of time, why hasn't River Niger or maybe zuma rock aged? Doesn't it pass through time (that is if it exists).

Like I said earlier, humans invented time out of their arrogance or naivete. The universe comes multi-verse does not recognize time, humans do. IMO

If the universe does not recognize time why do we for example have weather and climate that follow a certain pattern which is influenced by time, why does the sun rise and set, why do we have day and night?

Non living things also experience ware and tear with passage of time. Cars become old, houses, air planes, ships, etc. Rivers first start from tributaries before they eventually become Rivers. The fossils you find in rocks might defer due to time of formation. There's always a beginning stage for these things you know
Re: Why Did God Create Time (christians Only) by HCpaul(m): 11:30pm On Aug 19, 2016
promise10:

You are such a wonderful atheist.

Would you like us to debate on this issue of a SUPREME GOD? Just on nairaland.

I believe you have so many unanswered questions.

If you would like that, would you mind creating a thread strictly for both of us? So you can throw out your question and debate on them.

No. I have determined not to create any thread on this section again, particularly the one referencing to my atheistic stance.

Am very sorry that I can't but if there is an avenue for any, we can talk.

By the way, I don't think that I have many unanswered questions about god because the only answer that am looking for is evidence and all other claims are counterfeits. I (a real and visible being) can't serve an unidentified personality. But I don't usually have issues with religion cuz I rule my life from within.
Re: Why Did God Create Time (christians Only) by Ranchhoddas: 11:58pm On Aug 19, 2016
SenatePresdo:

That is a good question.

What the hell. Humans invented time?
Re: Why Did God Create Time (christians Only) by SenatePresdo(m): 12:25am On Aug 20, 2016
Pidggin:

If the universe does not recognize time why do we for example have weather and climate that follow a certain pattern which is influenced by time, why does the sun rise and set, why do we have day and night?
well I get your point, which is based on the material world and not including the immaterial which consists about 70% of the Universe.
but then, it still does not justify the existence of time.

Those phenomenons you mentioned are all constant, I.e their "unending repetition" which are earth bound. If time is influencing them, why their centripetal pattern? Why are they constant? Time is not constant, so why don't they follow suit if time influences them by also being
Non-constant.

Assuming you enter a spaceship and travel very far away from earth and land in another planet which is not even in our solar system, what would you say is the time??

We invented time here on earth with our own earthly rotation around it axis, its revolution around its mother star in other to suit us. We are been arrogant to impose time on the universe.

Non living things also experience ware and tear with passage of time. Cars become old, houses, air planes, ships, etc. Rivers first start from tributaries before they eventually become Rivers. The fossils you find in rocks might defer due to time of formation. There's always a beginning stage for these things you know

Lol. Ok!
You think those experiences are the effect of time? There is always a beginning stage for them all, and that is why they will have an end, not because they passed through time for long.

Special Relativity might give you more clue.
And I wouldn't wanna bore you with spiritual facts because you may ask for prove which I'm not with..lol
Re: Why Did God Create Time (christians Only) by SenatePresdo(m): 12:33am On Aug 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
What the hell. Humans invented time?
God didn't, He's a timeless Being. Humans makes use of time due to the nature of their dimension.
Re: Why Did God Create Time (christians Only) by Nobody: 5:35am On Aug 20, 2016
SenatePresdo:

You best check the definition of time before you continue with this unbelievable ascertion.

PS: If you have a job interview for 4pm, pls do your self a favour and keep to the TIME. grin
Re: Why Did God Create Time (christians Only) by orisa37: 6:44am On Aug 20, 2016
Time is the Essence of Planning and all is the Word of God.
Re: Why Did God Create Time (christians Only) by Ranchhoddas: 9:08am On Aug 20, 2016
SenatePresdo:

God didn't, He's a timeless Being. Humans makes use of time due to the nature of their dimension.
Humans use time. They did not invent it. The rotation of the earth is not an invention.
Re: Why Did God Create Time (christians Only) by SenatePresdo(m): 9:47am On Aug 20, 2016
darknez:

You best check the definition of time before you continue with this unbelievable ascertion.

PS: If you have a job interview for 4pm, pls do your self a favour and keep to the TIME. grin

Were/are you a science student? If none,
I don't think you might be able to understand the concept.

If you have a science background, does time exist in a Black-hole?

If everything is science, Do you know how the Art of real prophecy works?

We mistake change for time.
Everything in the universe happens in parallel, there is no such thing as time
Re: Why Did God Create Time (christians Only) by SenatePresdo(m): 10:23am On Aug 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Humans use time. They did not invent it. The rotation of the earth is not an invention.
That means that time is only experienced here on earth by humans because the earth rotates, thus causes time.

What about black-holes, does time exist there?
And can you explain how the art of prophecy works, or don't you think it is part of science?
Re: Why Did God Create Time (christians Only) by Ranchhoddas: 10:55am On Aug 20, 2016
SenatePresdo:

That means that time is only experienced here on earth by humans because the earth rotates, thus causes time.

What about black-holes, does time exist there?
And can you explain how the art of prophecy works, or don't you think it is part of science?
What has prophecy got to do with anything?
Re: Why Did God Create Time (christians Only) by SenatePresdo(m): 12:27pm On Aug 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
What has prophecy got to do with anything?
It has many things to do with your suppose Time.
The universe is timeless, everything happens at parallel. That is why prophecy is possible. You won't seem to understand because it requires more of intuition than logic for you to understand that the universe is timeless.
Re: Why Did God Create Time (christians Only) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 20, 2016
SenatePresdo:

Were/are you a science student? If none,
I don't think you might be able to understand the concept.

If you have a science background, does time exist in a Black-hole?

If everything is science, Do you know how the Art of real prophecy works?

We mistake change for time.
Everything in the universe happens in parallel, there is no such thing as time

Do you live in a 'black hole'? Did the same science tell you that there is no such thing as time?

Actually, science promotes the concept of time. For it to state that time slows down near a black hole should tell you something.

The notion that time does not exist is your thing which definitely is not backed by science as it relates to the Earth...so I wonder why you bring science into this.

(1) (Reply)

If Bible Prophecies Are True..... / Download Ibloggospel 2018 Nigerian Worship Mixtape / Jesus Says We Can Attain Eternal Life By Our Works Of Righteousness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.