Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,116 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? (14687 Views)

Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? / But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? / Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by cloudgoddess(f): 4:36am On Jul 18, 2016
This question occured to me while reading up on some recent medical research. According to (Christian & other) scripture, God created every living thing. Why did he create bacteria?

He says man are to rule & have dominion over all animals. Yet bacteria and other deadly microbes continue to conquer us; Christians and non-Christians alike are at the mercy of whatever untreatable bacteria they happen to be unfortunate enough to be infected by.

For those without a full understanding of what bacteria are or how they work (genuinely not trying to be condescending but to educate):

Bacteria are tiny, single-celled animals that outnumber people at least 1000000:1 and are completely invisible to the human eye (progressively more advanced microscopes have been invented by scientists allowing us to better visualize them and analyze their physical & chemical structure). They are on everything, including all over & inside of your body, and in the air you breathe.

Some bacteria are harmless. But others cause horrible, often gruesome diseases and defects when they are able to access the human body. Some kill by dissolving your flesh as they release acidic chemicals into your epithelial tissue. Some cause festering rashes, blindness, internal bleeding because they are feeding on your cells and releasing deadly waste into your body.

The bacteria has no motive but to survive. From its perspective, it's simply doing what comes natural.

Perhaps the worst part is that they can gain resistance to any medicine we throw at them. Their DNA can literally change in a way that enables them to avoid the effects of any antibiotic that was previously effective. Once that happens, the resistance trait widely spreads and soon you have a huge amount of bacteria that are all resistant to our medicines (our chemical "weapon" against bacteria). In other words, they getting better at fighting back.

According to religious thought (Abrahamic specifically) a loving and merciful God, who made earth for humans to rule, intentionally created an entire domain of creatures that are invisible killers -- capable of multiplying rapidly, destroying our bodies from the inside out & continuously improving/upgrading their own artillery.

Why would he do this?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by locosis007(m): 4:47am On Jul 18, 2016
Edifying Question no doubt

BUT ASKING GOD WOULD SOLVE ANYTHING.

PREVENTING BACTERIA SPREAD OR BACTERIA SANITIZATION EDUCATION WOULD GO A LONG WAY

2 Likes

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by oaroloye(m): 5:39am On Jul 18, 2016
SHALOM!

I find this sort of question irritating- were you never taught basic Biology?

There are millions of species of Bacteria, whereas only a minute proportion of them can cause disease.

Bacteria process Organic Chemicals for use by other organisms. It is possible that Bacteria have functions we have not discovered yet. Without Bacteria to create Humus, soil would be useless as sand.

There are important Bacteria that protect our soft and moist tissues from intrusive organisms.

ALL DISEASE IS CAUSED BY SIN.

RIGHTEOUSNESS creates a shield against invasion by organisms that can cause problems. HOLINESS intensifies this protection to the point where organisms are driven out of other persons as well as oneself.

. EXODUS 15:22-26.

22. So Moses brought Israel from the Red sea,
and they went out into the wilderness of Shur;
and they went three days in the wilderness,
and found no water.
23. And when they came to Marah, they could
not drink of the waters of Marah, for they were
bitter: therefore the name of it was called
Marah.
24. And the people murmured against Moses, saying,
"What shall we drink?"
And he cried unto The LORD; and the LORD shewed him a tree, which when he had cast
into the waters, the waters were made sweet: there He made for them a Statute and an Ordinance, and there He proved them,
25. And Said,
"If thou wilt diligently
hearken to
The Voice of
The LORD thy God,
and wilt do that
which is Right in His Sight,
and wilt give ear
to His Commandments,
and keep all His Statutes,
I will put none of these Diseases upon thee,
which I have brought
upon the Egyptians:
for I am the LORD
that Healeth thee."

DISEASE from Bacteria is only a problem to Sinners. Questioning God's Wisdom in creating Bacteria betrays ignorance.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by tempem: 7:07am On Jul 18, 2016
No long story.

Like someone highlighted, there are bacteria which has importance for soils and crops.
Meanwhile, what about the harmful bacteria? The bottom line of bacteria in human is sickness and death.
Was it part of God's plan?

The Bible answers:
Gen 1:28- God never wanted us to die.
Gen 3: 5&6- Adam and Eve listened to Satan rather than God.
Well, we were never created like robots. So, we have freedom.
Events turned.
Satan thereby became the ruler- 1 John 5:19; John 12:30.
Obviously, Satan has proven to be a bad ruler.
But soon God will right all the wrongs Satan caused.
Death will be no more, sickness, mourning nor outcry, former things would pass away- Revelation 21: 3,4
Isnt that comforting?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 18, 2016
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

There are millions of species of Bacteria, whereas only a minute proportion of them can cause disease.

Bacteria process Organic Chemicals for use by other organisms. It is possible that Bacteria have functions we have not discovered yet. Without Bacteria to create Humus, soil would be useless as sand.

There are important Bacteria that protect our soft and moist tissues from intrusive organisms.

RIGHTEOUSNESS creates a shield against invasion by organisms that can cause problems. HOLINESS intensifies this protection to the point where organisms are driven out of other persons as well as oneself.

and found no water.
Marah.
"What shall we drink?"
And he cried unto The LORD; and the LORD shewed him a tree, which when he had cast
into the waters, the waters were made sweet: there He made for them a Statute and an Ordinance, and there He proved them,
25. And Said,
"If thou wilt diligently
hearken to
The Voice of
The LORD thy God,
and wilt do that
and wilt give ear
to His Commandments,
which I have brought
upon the Egyptians:
for I am the LORD
that Healeth thee."

DISEASE from Bacteria is only a problem to Sinners. Questioning God's Wisdom in creating Bacteria betrays ignorance.

Pneumonia
Key facts

Pneumonia accounts for 15% of all deaths of children under 5 years old, killing an estimated 922 000 children in 2015.
Pneumonia can be caused by viruses, bacteria or fungi.

Measles, a viral respiratory infection, killed over 500,000 children in 2003, more than any other vaccine-preventable disease. The measles death toll in Africa is so high – every minute one child dies – that many mothers don't give children real names until they have survived the disease. Measles weakens the immune system and renders children very susceptible to fatal complications from diarrhoea, pneumonia and malnutrition. Those that survive may suffer blindness, deafness or brain damage.

Tetanus, referred to in the Old Testament as the “seventh-day death,” killed an estimated 200,000 newborns and 30,000 mothers in 2001. The tetanus bacteria are ubiquitous – they live in soil, in animal dung and in feces. Tetanus can infect newborns if the umbilical cord is cut with unsterile instruments or the incision treated with contaminated dressings.

ARE U SAYING ITS THE CHILDREN SIN THAT CAUSED THIS?? WHAT HAS THE CHILDREN DONE EXACTLY??

Winner01
kingebukasblog

14 Likes

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 18, 2016
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 18, 2016
locosis007:
Edifying Question no doubt

BUT ASKING GOD WOULD SOLVE ANYTHING.

PREVENTING BACTERIA SPREAD OR BACTERIA SANITIZATION EDUCATION WOULD GO A LONG WAY
More than 30 million children are unimmunized either because vaccines are unavailable, because health services are poorly provided or inaccessible, or because families are uninformed or misinformed about when and why to bring their children for immunization.

3 Likes

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by ValentineMary(m): 11:15am On Jul 18, 2016
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

and found no water.
Marah.
"What shall we drink?"
25. And Said,
"If thou wilt diligently
hearken to
The Voice of
The LORD thy God,
and wilt do that
and wilt give ear
to His Commandments,
which I have brought
upon the Egyptians:
for I am the LORD
that Healeth thee."

Pls tell me u did not write that with ur hands.

11 Likes

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Seun(m): 11:57am On Jul 18, 2016
Changed title to "Why Did God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria?"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by cloudgoddess(f): 12:10pm On Jul 18, 2016
Seun:
Changed title to "Why Did God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria?"
Thanks Seun smiley
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by cloudgoddess(f): 12:17pm On Jul 18, 2016
Even though I explicitly mentioned in my post that not all bacteria are disease-causing, I shouldn't be surprised that people would try to focus solely on the benign ones so they could argue a strawman.

6 Likes

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by KingEbukaNaija: 12:22pm On Jul 18, 2016
DeepSight:

You are either illiterate and thoughtless or you must be about 5 years old.
Go get some sleep.

Oh my God !

2 Likes

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by KingEbukaNaija: 12:24pm On Jul 18, 2016
Elohim1:

So Much For An Illiterate Like U?? WHAT DO U HAVE TO CONTRIBUTE??

Peruse through his topics and posts . Oga Deepsight is not your mate in any way .
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 18, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Peruse through his topics and posts . Oga Deepsight is not your mate in any way .

Yeah I Know His Ur Boss And U Are Also Not Of His Level Well You Were Quick To Defend Him I Guess U Must Be His Servant Boy Oh I Forgot SpeakFor Yourself

4 Likes

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Fynestboi: 12:29pm On Jul 18, 2016
God created every living thing. Why did he create bacteria?

Really?

So it is God that created airplane? It is God that created atomic bomb?

God created all things never implies, all what we have on earth today, were created by him.

Most of what we have today are the handwork of things he created.

More like A gave birth to B and B gave birth to C
Will it be Logically wrong to suppose A created C?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 18, 2016
Fynestboi:

Really?

God created all things never implies, all what we have on earth today, we're created by him.

Are U Implying That Man Has The Ability Of Omnipotent & Omniscience To Create LIVING THINGS Like God?? Cause That's What It Looks Like To Me

5 Likes

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by cloudgoddess(f): 12:38pm On Jul 18, 2016
Fynestboi:

Really?

God created all things never implies, all what we have on earth today, we're created by him.

So you're saying god didn't create bacteria? So who/what do you think did & why?

Also by that logic, couldn't one say "god didn't create present day humans, just the first ones"?

2 Likes

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Fynestboi: 12:42pm On Jul 18, 2016
Elohim1:

Are U Implying That Man Has The Ability Of Omnipotent & Omniscience To Create LIVING THINGS Like God?? Cause That's What It Looks Like To Me

Now this is where you are missing it, so it is God that's behind man (supposed God's creation) to be killing other living creatures like him?

My point is, God has nothing to do with disease causing bacteria.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by plaetton: 12:45pm On Jul 18, 2016
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

Omg!!! shocked

This sort of post makes wanna cry.

BTW, was this post cut from a stone age writing?

Where is the common sense ?

If disease are caused by sin, then how about ANIMAL DISEASES caused by bacteria that affect animals, birds and even fishes?
And oh, how about plant diseases caused by bacteria?

I guess in your deluded fantasy world, plants and animals also sinned against your sky fairy god.

Nonsense. undecided

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by cloudgoddess(f): 12:46pm On Jul 18, 2016
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

and found no water.
Marah.
"What shall we drink?"
25. And Said,
"If thou wilt diligently
hearken to
The Voice of
The LORD thy God,
and wilt do that
and wilt give ear
to His Commandments,
which I have brought
upon the Egyptians:
for I am the LORD
that Healeth thee."

The bacterium responsible for the Black Death, Yersinia pestis, killed over 200 million Europeans. Yet those people took Christianity far more seriously than anyone today. They even prayed ceaselessly for healing, to no avail.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 18, 2016
Fynestboi:

Now this is where you are missing it, so it is God that's behind man (supposed God's creation) to be killing other living creatures like him?

My point is, [u]God has nothing to do with disease causing bacteria.[/U]
Well Your Point Doesn't Make Sense!!

Disease Causing Bacterial Exist
God Is Not Omniscience
God is Not Omnipotent
Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by KingEbukaNaija: 12:49pm On Jul 18, 2016
This question can be construed as why do pain , suffering , diseases , earthquakes , natural disasters exist . Why did God "create" them

This video should help a bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM1y6wYJVfw

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by kevoh(m): 12:51pm On Jul 18, 2016
Why would an adult imply that sin causes diseases? Why? Why? Why?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Fynestboi: 12:52pm On Jul 18, 2016
cloudgoddess:

So you're saying god didn't create bacteria? So who/what do you think did & why?

Also by that logic, couldn't one say "god didn't create present day humans, just the first ones"?

Lol God created bacteria, but the disposition of killing has nothing to do with God.

However you may argued that it was willed by God for them to infect on their host for survival, yet establishing the necessary connection between God and the bacteria is still problematic in nature.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by ireneony(f): 12:54pm On Jul 18, 2016
cloudgoddess:
This question occured to me while reading up on some recent medical research. According to (Christian & other) scripture, God created every living thing. Why did he create bacteria?

He says man are to rule & have dominion over all animals. Yet bacteria and other deadly microbes continue to conquer us; Christians and non-Christians alike are at the mercy of whatever untreatable bacteria they happen to be unfortunate enough to be infected by.

For those without a full understanding of what bacteria are or how they work (genuinely not trying to be condescending but to educate):

Bacteria are tiny, single-celled animals that outnumber people at least 1000000:1 and are completely invisible to the human eye (progressively more advanced microscopes have been invented by scientists allowing us to better visualize them and analyze their physical & chemical structure). They are on everything, including all over & inside of your body, and in the air you breathe.

Some bacteria are harmless. But others cause horrible, often gruesome diseases and defects when they are able to access the human body. Some kill by dissolving your flesh as they release acidic chemicals into your epithelial tissue. Some cause festering rashes, blindness, internal bleeding because they are feeding on your cells and releasing deadly waste into your body.

The bacteria has no motive but to survive. From its perspective, it's simply doing what comes natural.

Perhaps the worst part is that they can gain resistance to any medicine we throw at them. Their DNA can literally change in a way that enables them to avoid the effects of any antibiotic that was previously effective. Once that happens, the resistance trait widely spreads and soon you have a huge amount of bacteria that are all resistant to our medicines (our chemical "weapon" against bacteria). In other words, they getting better at fighting back.

According to religious thought (Abrahamic specifically) a loving and merciful God, who made earth for humans to rule, intentionally created an entire domain of creatures that are invisible killers -- capable of multiplying rapidly, destroying our bodies from the inside out & continuously improving/upgrading their own artillery.

Why would he do this?
why do you have hatred toward God.
You can hate on any religion. .
Pls do not hate on God almighty.

Most diseases are man made.

For God has given man the power and dominion.
Talking about power; which is knowledge and wisdom (how man apply knowledge)

When man misuse his power circumstances are bound to occur.

This is the reason why we have scientists (knowledge God has given us) to tackle these problems.

You don't expect God to come down from heaven to get things fixed.
He has given man the dominion to rule over everything, it's now left for man to make use of it (brain)

Have you ever heard of the phrase "we treat but God heal"

I believe in God and i rely on science.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by Fynestboi: 12:55pm On Jul 18, 2016
Elohim1:

Well Your Point Doesn't Make Sense!!

Disease Causing Bacterial Exist
Yes

God Is Not Omniscience
Your argument?
God is Not Omnipotent

Your argument still? cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? by plaetton: 12:59pm On Jul 18, 2016
ireneony:
why do you have hatred toward God.
You can hate on any religion. .
Pls do not hate on God almighty.

Most diseases are man made.

For God has given man the power and dominion.
Talking about power; which knowledge and wisdom (how man apply knowledge)

When man misuse his power circumstances are bound to occur.

This is the reason why we have scientists (knowledge God has given us) to tackle these problems.

You don't expect God to come down from heaven to get things fixed.
He has given man the dominion to rule over everything, it's now left for man to make use of it (brain)

Have you ever heard of the phrase "we treat but God heal"

I believe in God and i rely on science.
Kindly give us a list or at least a partial list of man-made diseases, and also the ones that are not man-made.

Where on Earth did you guys go to school and what did they teach you there?

Sunday school is NOT school. undecided

Do you see why oyinbo people do not teach religious crap in their schools?

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

COZA Port Harcourt OutReach Programme To The Less Privileged (Pictures) / Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In / Has God Ever Done Any Irrefutable Miracle For You Before? Come In And Share

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.