Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Rivers CP Denies Sealing-off Venue Of PDP National Convention, Says Police Only - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers CP Denies Sealing-off Venue Of PDP National Convention, Says Police Only (1440 Views)

Rivers State Govt To Sue Police, SSS For Sealing Off Venue Of PDP Convention / Armed Security At Venue Of PDP Convention In Rivers(photos / Venue Of Port-Harcourt PDP's Convention To Be Held Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers CP Denies Sealing-off Venue Of PDP National Convention, Says Police Only by DONSMITH123(m): 11:53am On Aug 17, 2016
The Rivers State Commissioner of Police, Mr Francis Odesanya on Wednesday denied reports that his men sealed off the venue of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, National Convention in the state.
The party’s National Convention billed for today at the Sharks Staduim in Port Harcourt, the state capital, was reportedly sealed-off by a team of police officers, men of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC and plain cloth security personnel.

Reports ealier had it that the venue was sealed due to the conflicting court rulings and leadership controversies currently rocking the party.

The Force Spokesman, Donald Awunah, while speaking with Channels Television had said, the primary responsibility of the police was to protect life and prevent crisis.

Awunah added that due to the tension surrounding the convention and the conflicting court rulings on the national convention, the police thought it best to seal off the venue.

But speaking with newsmen, Odesanya said he only complied with a court order to provide security around the venue, stressing that his men did not seal off the place.

“We did not seal off the place, we are only providing security,” he ended.

When asked to disclosed the court order, he complied with, he said “It is not my duty to interpret court order. “

Cc: lalasticlala, Mynd44

http://dailypost.ng/2016/08/17/rivers-cp-denies-sealing-off-venue-pdp-national-convention-says-police-obeyed-court-order/

Re: Rivers CP Denies Sealing-off Venue Of PDP National Convention, Says Police Only by IllegalMoney: 11:58am On Aug 17, 2016
Mumu Police

2 Likes

Re: Rivers CP Denies Sealing-off Venue Of PDP National Convention, Says Police Only by Jirate(m): 12:05pm On Aug 17, 2016
IllegalMoney:
Mumu Police

Wait make Police catch you with that your IllegalMoney, you go know how far. grin
Re: Rivers CP Denies Sealing-off Venue Of PDP National Convention, Says Police Only by DONSMITH123(m): 12:22pm On Aug 17, 2016
grin grin grin
Jirate:

Wait make Police catch you with that your IllegalMoney, you go know how far. grin

1 Like

Re: Rivers CP Denies Sealing-off Venue Of PDP National Convention, Says Police Only by project8(m): 12:22pm On Aug 17, 2016
so d convention wil hold as planned?
Re: Rivers CP Denies Sealing-off Venue Of PDP National Convention, Says Police Only by shyling(f): 12:23pm On Aug 17, 2016
hmmmm I laff at APC supporters and the Nigerian youths in general....in ignorance you are forgetting that good governance needs viable opposition.... killing PDP is not an option if our democracy must thrive! Let us hope the PDP can get it's acts together for effective opposition and an alternative come 2019 if need be.

cc
modath
firefire
ngeneukwenu
dropshot
ajepako

2 Likes

Re: Rivers CP Denies Sealing-off Venue Of PDP National Convention, Says Police Only by Pierocash(m): 12:39pm On Aug 17, 2016
wike and his gangs keep decieving themselves bt trying to paint d picture to d public that police prevented them frm holding d convention.d covention ws cancelled mid night with d commisioner of police present at d meeting,nw painting a different picture to d public that it ws distrupted by police.hypocrites!
Re: Rivers CP Denies Sealing-off Venue Of PDP National Convention, Says Police Only by Tokety7: 12:48pm On Aug 17, 2016
Excellent responses from police. Police is there to obey both conflicting orders. Seal it up and provide security.
Case closed. grin grin
The killer party brought this destruction on themselves.
Re: Rivers CP Denies Sealing-off Venue Of PDP National Convention, Says Police Only by Tokety7: 12:51pm On Aug 17, 2016
[s]
shyling:
hmmmm I laff at APC supporters and the Nigerian youths in general....in ignorance you are forgetting that good governance needs viable opposition.... killing PDP is not an option if our democracy must thrive! Let us hope the PDP can get it's acts together for effective opposition and an alternative come 2019 if need be.

cc
modath
firefire
ngeneukwenu
dropshot
ajepako
[/s]

Arrant Nonsense. When u are talking of opposition, talk KOWA, NCP, Labour etc and not that curse u called Pdp. Never again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers CP Denies Sealing-off Venue Of PDP National Convention, Says Police Only by DONSMITH123(m): 12:53pm On Aug 17, 2016
Tokety7:
[s][/s]

Arrant Nonsense. When u are talking of opposition, talk KOWA, NCP, Labour etc and not that curse u called Pdp. Never again.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers CP Denies Sealing-off Venue Of PDP National Convention, Says Police Only by Pidggin(f): 12:55pm On Aug 17, 2016
Tokety7:
[s][/s]

[s][/s]

God willing PDP has my 100% vote in any future election so which one is never again? Na who force you to vote? Abeg go siddon
Re: Rivers CP Denies Sealing-off Venue Of PDP National Convention, Says Police Only by TheFreeOne: 12:58pm On Aug 17, 2016
We did not seal off the place, we are only providing security ,”

Providing security whilst denying access into the venue for PDPs national convention.

In IllegalMoney's voice "ZOMBIE POLIICE"
Re: Rivers CP Denies Sealing-off Venue Of PDP National Convention, Says Police Only by Tokety7: 1:08pm On Aug 17, 2016
Pidggin:
[s][/s]

God willing PDP has my 100% vote in any future election so which one is never again? Na who force you to vote? Abeg go siddon

The inconsequential few like ur kind will always have ur say but the majority lot will definitely have their way. Ur pathetic kind can't be found wanting on our blessed land so no big deal.
Re: Rivers CP Denies Sealing-off Venue Of PDP National Convention, Says Police Only by Bern1992(m): 1:08pm On Aug 17, 2016
Pidggin:
[s][/s]

Aston Villa can spottedspo ;Dtted grin
Re: Rivers CP Denies Sealing-off Venue Of PDP National Convention, Says Police Only by Pidggin(f): 1:13pm On Aug 17, 2016
Tokety7:

The inconsequential few like ur kind will always have ur say but the majority lot will definitely have their way. Ur pathetic kind can't be found wanting on our blessed land so no big deal.

Haha my tribe will not vote for PDP no matter the media campaign you are paid to do, we don't mind being called inconsequential

1 Like

Re: Rivers CP Denies Sealing-off Venue Of PDP National Convention, Says Police Only by DONSMITH123(m): 1:18pm On Aug 17, 2016
Pidggin:
[s][/s]

Is there any party called PDP in nigeria again?

1 Like

Re: Rivers CP Denies Sealing-off Venue Of PDP National Convention, Says Police Only by Tokety7: 1:25pm On Aug 17, 2016
Pidggin:

Haha my tribe will not vote for APC no matter the media campaign you are paid to do, we don't mind being called inconsequential

U and ur tribe are part of the inconsequential few. Only ur say will be heard but never ur way. That is the beauty of democracy.
Re: Rivers CP Denies Sealing-off Venue Of PDP National Convention, Says Police Only by Pidggin(f): 1:33pm On Aug 17, 2016
Tokety7:

[s][/s]
U and ur tribe are part of the inconsequential few. Only ur say will be heard but never ur way. That is the beauty of democracy.
[s][/s]

We shall vote for PDP, inconsequential or not. Why are you so pained? grin

You can insult as much as you want Nothing! I repeat God willing nothing will make me thumb print anything with a broom sign cheesy

1 Like

Re: Rivers CP Denies Sealing-off Venue Of PDP National Convention, Says Police Only by Tokety7: 1:36pm On Aug 17, 2016
[s]
Pidggin:

We shall vote for PDP, inconsequential or not. Why are you so pained? grin

You can insult as much as you want Nothing! I repeat God willing nothing will make me thumb print anything with a broom sign cheesy
[/s]

Tokety7:

(1) (Reply)

Biggest Rice Mill Factory In Africa To Be Commission In Kano (photos) / Edodecides:photo Of Apc Guber Running Mate Awarding Lucky Igbinedion / Edo Governorship Election Official Results: Live Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.