Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit (10244 Views)

GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC / GTBank Half Year Profit hit N100billion / PZ Cussons Declares N2.3bn Pre-tax Loss In Q1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by OMOTOWO(m): 11:01am On Aug 18, 2016
dayosaurus:

It's I'm not am. When would gtb stop recruiting illiterates
lolz...dont mind the idiot
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by Franky826: 11:01am On Aug 18, 2016
with these inflated figures I'll still wait till you post a post tax profit.

meanwhile if your stocks goes public I promise you from the depth of my heart the wise will not buy with this volatile economy.

GTB I bank with you but can you guys stop lyingundecided
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by back2dmatter: 11:05am On Aug 18, 2016
Dasdfgnb:
Am proud to be a GTB staff... ikotun branch all the way

And so ?

You be mumu
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by GentleYoung(m): 11:18am On Aug 18, 2016
[quote author=dayosaurus post=48578901]

It's I'm not am. When would gtb stop recruiting illiterates[/quote
I am 100perc sure he's not a staff of Gtb
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by Yinkatolu: 11:24am On Aug 18, 2016
superdude007:

Ogami, Accounting Profits are not fictitious because before it is publish it has to be check by a qualify Audit Firm (with ICAN seal) whether, the Financial statement is a CREATIVE ACCOUNTING..So, Oga don't say what you don't know. I met no harm. Thanks
u made me laugh. So because one audit firm endorses a report exonerates the profits from being fictitious? Do u know about Enron's scandal?(read it up), are u also aware that there are some non-quantitative variables accounting profits does not take care of? Do u also know that accounting profits doesn't take cognisance of time value of money? I say what i know so withdrawal that your statement.
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by PastorOla1: 11:45am On Aug 18, 2016
WITH OR WITHOUT ALL ILLEGAL DEDUCTIONS, PROFIT KO, PROFIT NI. JIBITI
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by haibe(m): 11:50am On Aug 18, 2016
Ekakamba:
[size=25pt]Fat Lie!!![/size] Profits that don't reflect on customers' saving/fixed accounts ain't truly profit. [size=30pt]Legal Scammers![/size]
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by haibe(m): 11:59am On Aug 18, 2016
Yinkatolu:

u made me laugh. So because one audit firm endorses a report exonerates the profits from being fictitious? Do u know about Enron's scandal?(read it up), are u also aware that there are some non-quantitative variables accounting profits does not take care of? Do u also know that accounting profits doesn't take cognisance of time value of money? I say what i know so withdrawal that your statement.

Oga even tho the profits are not necessarily cash flow related, its still a measure of how profitable the entity is and even more reliable because of the accrual basis used.

You cited the ever popular case of Enron, thats like 0.000001% of the total companies in the world, there are several companies in the world that havent been found to be fraudulent after audit so you cant rule out all companies profits because of one or two cases out of millions.

Auditors act independently and all material mistatements are eradicated before the financial statement is published.

And who told you accounting doesnt consider Time value of money? Have you read all the IFRS and IASs to verify this? Smh

Dont just say what you dont know sir!!

1 Like

Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by haibe(m): 12:19pm On Aug 18, 2016
Adex097:
As an Economist, I don't give a flying f*** about accounting profits. angry
so when you have a company, you will be reporting economic profits to shareholders?

Lol.. dude economic profits has its own usefulness, for example in decision making management accountants would consider imputed/implicit costs because they are relevant. However in financial reporting, there wont be any need for implicit costs because you are reporting most especially to investors, they dont care about, say opportunity costs , they care literally about how much the company is really making and that is all that matters
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by superdude007(m): 12:25pm On Aug 18, 2016
Yinkatolu:

In fact you made me smile and I am happy you named Enron’s scandal but you don’t review the event that happens. Now, let me ask you, who prepare the Financial Report?
Yes, Andersen fall hands but the principle in preparing and presenting financial statement still stands and those that fall hands will face the consequences of the Institute (ICAN). Baba, non-quantitative cost/expenses are stated in the disclosure of the Financial Statement.
Yes in Accounting the time value of money is not recognize but in Economics.. I don’t want to argue with you brother.

Be guided! cool
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by capableTy(m): 1:17pm On Aug 18, 2016
mrsage:
Your last paragraph though. There's nothing special about the result.

All banks operate in the same challenging environment

Abi oooooo.. They should create job opportunities by that then
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by Adex097: 2:05pm On Aug 18, 2016
What then was I talking about undecided, don't just quote/reply a post in a haste. Take your time to read, understand and if possible, study it before you reply.
When I said "as an Economist", I was actually passing a message which I'm quite sure a layman down the street would understand without any difficulty.
So my bro, Just in case in you do not know, ECONOMISTS DON'T CARE ABOUT ACCOUNTING PROFITS angry. BYE undecided

1 Like

Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by haibe(m): 2:53pm On Aug 18, 2016
Adex097:

What then was I talking about undecided, don't just quote/reply a post in a haste. Take your time to read, understand and if possible, study it before you reply.
When I said "as an Economist", I was actually passing a message which I'm quite sure a layman down the street would understand without any difficulty.
So my bro, Just in case in you do not know, ECONOMISTS DON'T CARE ABOUT ACCOUNTING PROFITS angry. BYE undecided

Its pure ignorance to say economists dont care about accounting profit, thats a joke, you are not an economist, so speak for whoever you are and don't generalise. Its also ignorance for people to think accountants don't care at all about economic profit (thats why i gave how we use implicit costs). For certain purposes (like comparism, control, and necessary investment decisons), economists would require accounting profits. Top economists in the world would never tell you "they don't care at all about accounting profits". You probably are just an economics student who have been feeded with some incorrect assumptions and myths. And trust me i know that happens a lot to nigerian economics students.

2 Likes

Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by Xtaceeey: 3:15pm On Aug 18, 2016
So These guys above me are arguing about why GTB made profit? Talking about accounting and economics?... SMH

GTBank Is just like Man UTD, it's the hate that makes them stronger...

Guys u can keep arguing...
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by dearie(m): 3:24pm On Aug 18, 2016
Kudos to the Management of GT.

This only happens when Mgt adheres to and are led by principles and not bandwagon.

Weldone guys!
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by benjanny(m): 4:13pm On Aug 18, 2016
Best bank so far
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by Chukzyfcb(m): 5:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
Adex097:
As an Economist, I don't give a flying f*** about accounting profits. angry
if you don't give a flying f about accounting profits, then you are a quack. simple as that. its on these reports that seasoned economist can use to predict the performance of the stock market. well you are a quack tho so I don't expect you yo know the correlation between the reports and it's effect on the economy
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by Adex097: 7:13pm On Aug 18, 2016
If you don't give a flying f about accounting profits, then you are a quack. simple as that. its on these reports that seasoned economist can use to predict the performance of the stock market. well you are a quack tho so I don't expect you yo know the correlation between the reports and it's effect on the economy
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by Chukzyfcb(m): 8:37pm On Aug 18, 2016
Adex097:

STFU Boy, your inability to understand the contextual meaning of my statement shows how imprudent and low IQed you are.

Mr man you are a quack simple. for that statement you uttered shows your level of exposure. your kind will cause great danger to any company if made a head of a finance dept. an economist who formulate policies but doesn't check if his policies are yielding positive results for her company is a quack!!! vent all you want.

2 Likes

Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by magicfingers009: 10:30pm On Aug 18, 2016
Hahaha. Saw a lot of ignorant comments here.

Well this is the best time to be a shareholder with GTBank. I can imagine what dividend they would declare. Thus year's own was great. Next year would be mega.
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by haibe(m): 11:06pm On Aug 18, 2016
magicfingers009:
Hahaha. Saw a lot of ignorant comments here.

Well this is the best time to be a shareholder with GTBank. I can imagine what dividend they would declare. Thus year's own was great. Next year would be mega.

Do u have any idea how much DPS they declared this year ? Thanks
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by fubtos(m): 11:00am On Aug 19, 2016
GTB, GTB,... GTB! They are really messing up big time.
I don't care about what ever profit they declare.
I strongly suggest there should be more clearity and transparency in their business with customers. It's difficult to understand even some simple transaction with them these days.

1 Like

Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by fubtos(m): 11:07am On Aug 19, 2016
GTB, GTB,... GTB! They are really messing up big time.
I don't care about what ever profit they declare.
I strongly suggest there should be more clearity and transparency in their business
wit
back2dmatter:

Another Mediocre in the making.....
70% on the profits reported by Financial institution comes from Interest on loans and advances to reputable companies.
However, if you think banks are robbing Peter to pay Pay, you can almost visit CBN Headquarters at Abuja to apply for Banking License and start your banking operations.
h customers. It's difficult to understand even some simple transaction with them these days.
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by magicfingers009: 9:36pm On Aug 19, 2016
haibe:

Do u have any idea how much DPS they declared this year ? Thanks

They declared 70k and would declare 25k for this half year profit

1 Like

Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by Dasdfgnb(m): 11:45am On Aug 24, 2016
back2dmatter:

And so ?

You be mumu

you will know haters when u meet one... Am making my money while u r there wasting away ur life... bro get something doing
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by Dasdfgnb(m): 11:49am On Aug 24, 2016
OMOTOWO:
lolz...dont mind the idiot
u look stupid for saying that bro... am not writing a letter so I dont need to be formal.. tender ur CV and I will also do the same then we will see who is more learned and qualified
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by Dasdfgnb(m): 11:55am On Aug 24, 2016
manie:
. I hope you have shares in the company, it not enough to be comfortable as an employee who relies solely on linear income rather than also having residual income.

you are right abt that.. am actually on IT at the bank and yeah I also blog... I av my own personal blog... its 100% sure am gonna work @ GTB when am done frm Lautech thanks to my mom cos of her connections... will fink abt the shares stuff when am a full staff

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Future Proof Is Your Business? / Political Interference In CBN Operations Led To Recession – Moghalu / Setting Up A Computer Business Centre In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.