Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,449 members, 7,958,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:48 PM

GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit (10450 Views)

GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC / GTBank Half Year Profit hit N100billion / PZ Cussons Declares N2.3bn Pre-tax Loss In Q1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by Adex097: 6:59am On Aug 18, 2016
As an Economist, I don't give a flying f*** about accounting profits. angry
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by BESTEAGLE: 6:59am On Aug 18, 2016
Paper gain. What about the workers they ve sacked?
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by jaywhoco(m): 7:02am On Aug 18, 2016
With lots of contract staffers. Monkey dey work. Baboon dey chop
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by axfix(m): 7:02am On Aug 18, 2016
[Exactly. What they do with all the money is what i find difficult to comprehend when it cant trickle down to contract staff and other junior workers.quote author=homehunters post=48578960]with all their numerous charges and majority of their staff are outsource. you could go to a branch and only 2 of the branch staff are core staff while the rest are outsourced and all all work same job description, same hours, but different pay. how the core staff benefit from profit sharing while the outsourced staff who also contributed to the declared profit of the bank he's home with nothing .[/quote]
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by redroom: 7:03am On Aug 18, 2016
All these banks are criminal establishments they steal customers money in name of bank charges then turn around to declare profits, talking abt robbing Peter to pay paul
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by axfix(m): 7:06am On Aug 18, 2016
[Exactly. What they do with all the money is what i find difficult to comprehend when it cant trickle down to contract staff and other junior workers.
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 18, 2016
Ok....how much go enter my account from em profit??

Mtcheeeew!

#RADARADA
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by timibare(m): 7:06am On Aug 18, 2016
dayosaurus:

It's I'm not am. When would gtb stop recruiting illiterates
hahahahahahha choi

1 Like

Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by Scout60(m): 7:24am On Aug 18, 2016
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 18, 2016
Dasdfgnb:
Am proud to be a GTB staff... ikotun branch all the way
mtchewww
Who ask you
We dey talk about profit, you dey talk about ikotun undecided
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by eph12(m): 7:34am On Aug 18, 2016
Am sure most of this profit is from sales of dollar

1 Like

Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by manie(m): 7:39am On Aug 18, 2016
Dasdfgnb:
. I hope you have shares in the company, it not enough to be comfortable as an employee who relies solely on linear income rather than also having residual income.
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by Dething: 7:46am On Aug 18, 2016
Dasdfgnb:

Hahahahahah! GT staff! You see your life? How much do you get from GT?

1 Like

Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by Yinkatolu: 8:01am On Aug 18, 2016
Adex097:
As an Economist, I don't give a flying f*** about accounting profits. angry

For your mind u wan proof to us say u sabi book small. Anyways we all know that accounting profits are fictitious.
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by kolexy(m): 8:12am On Aug 18, 2016
olaolaking:
And their unsatisfied customers keep growing

You can't blame a single Bank for the issues we have with the Economy. I think the Bank should be applauded for it's strong Cooperate governance.
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by lawalmovichhhh: 8:15am On Aug 18, 2016
bro pls i leave in agbado also......pls i need a job ....07038913293
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by 0kp0nku: 8:31am On Aug 18, 2016
Great news, Great Bank, GTBank!
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by oluezekiel(m): 8:35am On Aug 18, 2016
Bolustic:

Bros, ITK isn't a good thing o. There are many things you think you know too but may be actually wrong, does that make you an illiterate?

Besides, this is English, even the Britons and Australians don't know every part of it.
I don't think he's done anything bad by correcting the guy, you see many people substituting 'am' for I'm'...it's getting worse everyday even among graduates. The only thing I noticed is that his last sentence sounded personal.
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:16am On Aug 18, 2016
I see people keep shouting "charges " upandan..... You expect them to do stuff for you for free?.... undecided

1 Like

Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by bejeria101(m): 9:19am On Aug 18, 2016
That is a bank.
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by davide470(m): 9:24am On Aug 18, 2016
mrsage:
Your last paragraph though. There's nothing special about the result.

All banks operate in the same challenging environment
There is everything special about the result! Learn to appreciate..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by superdude007(m): 9:36am On Aug 18, 2016
Yinkatolu:

For your mind u wan proof to us say u sabi book small. Anyways we all know that accounting profits are fictitious.

Ogami, Accounting Profits are not fictitious because before it is publish it has to be check by a qualify Audit Firm (with ICAN seal) whether, the Financial statement is a CREATIVE ACCOUNTING..So, Oga don't say what you don't know. I met no harm. Thanks

1 Like

Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by power900: 9:50am On Aug 18, 2016
Dasdfgnb:
really, I visit that branch very often, can you drop a phone to call you through, I got some questions about fixed deposits and stuffs related,okay
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by TheSpellChecker: 9:55am On Aug 18, 2016
dayosaurus:

It's I'm not am. When would gtb stop recruiting illiterates?

Wow!

What a punchline!!

You really know how to hit illiterates below the belt!!! wink

Keep it up.

And maybe, together, we can rid Nigeria off so many dumbos... cool
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by manie(m): 9:56am On Aug 18, 2016
power900:
really, I visit that branch very often, can you drop a phone to call you through, I got some questions about fixed deposits and stuffs related,okay
Try treasury Bill instead of fixed deposit. I got 14.5% for my NTB investment a fortnight ago
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by Fostercat(m): 10:18am On Aug 18, 2016
I bank with GTB till date .Good bank before. I must tell you now,they have become very fraudulent recently and I am contemplating removing my funds from the bank.
Simple account reconciliation is now a big task for them.They are celebrating all deductions made from our monies with no value added to the customers.people keep money in soak away and in GP Tanks with no charges.lol

Considering keeping my one cent under my pillow
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 18, 2016
dayosaurus:

It's I'm not am. When would gtb stop recruiting illiterates
So spelling proves capability and talent? Nigerians are always obsessed with the ability to speak English than the actual talent you have. Thats why we will keep offering substandard services. Come let me show geniuses who can't speak a word of English if you haven't seen one. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by back2dmatter: 10:52am On Aug 18, 2016
Ekakamba:
[size=25pt]Fat Lie!!![/size] Profits that don't reflect on customers' saving/fixed accounts ain't truly profit. [size=30pt]Legal Scammers![/size]

Only a Mediocre will write like this.
Re: GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit by back2dmatter: 10:59am On Aug 18, 2016
redroom:
All these banks are criminal establishments they steal customers money in name of bank charges then turn around to declare profits, talking abt robbing Peter to pay paul

Another Mediocre in the making.....

70% on the profits reported by Financial institution comes from Interest on loans and advances to reputable companies.

However, if you think banks are robbing Peter to pay Pay, you can almost visit CBN Headquarters at Abuja to apply for Banking License and start your banking operations.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Demolition: 6,000 Traders To Lose Shops At Kaduna’s Unguwan Rimi Market / PAYONEER: Pictorial Step By Step Guide On How To Create A Payoneer Account + KDP / Business: Stop Portraying Africa As Gloomy, Dangote Tells Investors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.