Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe (63577 Views)

100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe / Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" / Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by AfroKnight: 8:29am On Aug 18, 2016
Imagine naming your dog "Ikemba", painting the name on it and parading it on the streets of Nnewi or even Alaba market in Lagos.

It won't be amusing to biafrans.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by tinsel: 8:30am On Aug 18, 2016
People commenting first need to know how the moslems regard dogs.
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by PaulIdu: 8:30am On Aug 18, 2016
StOla:

Why are some people so self-destructive, suicidal and craving for conflict and anarchy?

The Northerners did not misconstrue his intention. They know him to be a hateful Igbo, the likes of which vent their frustration and misery on this forum and other online media. Now an Ipob member who has forgotten he is not in Aba, has met his match in Buhari's tribesmen. Even if the complainant is claiming to have Buhari as his father's name / surname, it is evident that both defendant and plaintiff are fighting a tribal proxy war over President Buhari.

Can he name his dog Ojukwu or Azikiwe? Imagine a Yoruba man in Nnewi naming his goat Ojukwu, or a Fulani man in Aba naming his dog Nnamdi Kanu and parading it around the IPOB meeting centres? That is the suicidal attribute the Igbos are known for. Imagine using such a revered name in a community populated by Hausa-Fulani? Even if he had named the dog Awolowo, I know his Yoruba hosts may find it repulsive, but would not react violently, resulting in the boldness of the Igbo man who then concludes that Yorubas are cowards and are docile.

Since the Igbo man welcomes bravery and detest the peaceful Yorubas as weaklings, let him celebrate and enjoy the bravery of his Hausa-Fulani neighbours. It is stupidity such as this that was displayed by Igbos in the North, that led to their slaughter in the Northern pogroms as a Northern civilian reaction to the Jan 1966 coup killings of Northern politicians and Army officers.

However, whether the coward directed his friends of hate to eat up his own dog is irrelevant as no case exist here, talk-less of an implication. Nevertheless, the arrested man is safer in that police custody as his bigoted life will be wasted without a second thought, the moment he steps out of police "custodial protection".
We all know the Hausa-Fulani, they don't need to mouth hatred and beat their hollow chest to teach an equally hateful lesson.

See what hate has caused now? His days of peace are over in that community. Except he is released by the police directly at Aba, where his fellow bigoted clansmen will welcome him as a hero who had to runaway from Yorubaland because of Hausa-Fulanis who are his fellow settlers.

After his brain was reset at the police station, hear him declare eternal love for Buhari.

Don't let Bigotry and hatred ever take you from standing for the truth...No matter how anyone tries to spin this that man committed no known crime and infact the police needs to apologise to him and the policeman with a poor sense of equity and judgement needs to be dismissed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Dannie2015(m): 8:31am On Aug 18, 2016
Most of d dogs I've known all my life are named 'Jack' n d last time I checked, pple still answer d name.... As a matter of fact, I had two Jacks in my previous yard. One was a dog n d other is my next door 'human' neighbour. What's d big deal if d young man decide to name his dog buhari anyway?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by SilvanusII(m): 8:31am On Aug 18, 2016
This made me realise how very useless and jobless our security officials are. People name their dogs 'Scott', 'Lucky', 'Thatcher', 'Bill' in this same Nigeria, yet the English or Americans have not descended on us in holy fury screaming 'breach of world peace'. Is Buhari the dog ur father? Awon oloshi

3 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by marshborn(m): 8:31am On Aug 18, 2016
People have no rights in this country called Nigeria! Just imagine
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 18, 2016
AfroKnight:
Imagine naming your dog "Ikemba", painting the name on it and parading it on the streets of Nnewi or even Alaba market in Lagos.

Mr Man, nothing will happen. angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 18, 2016
AfroKnight:

Mr Man, nothing will happen. angry angry.
People name their dogs MOPOL, yet you don't see security men shooting dogs everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 18, 2016
I still do not see where the fuss and anger concerning this whole shi!t came from. Without mincing words, Buhari, i mean the useless president Nigeria has today behaves like a dog and he is a dog.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by ahamonyeka(m): 8:37am On Aug 18, 2016
GODKID98:

school me,pls!
guy nothing like convict he was only detained.
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by cktheluckyman: 8:37am On Aug 18, 2016
tinsel:

You must respect others religious belief. What is the position of dog in the Moslem world?
Buhari is even worse than a pig in the Muslim world, the man was just been lenient

2 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by repogirl(f): 8:38am On Aug 18, 2016
RZArecta:
a fellow Nigerian named his goat after Jonathan, nobody heard all this nonsense we're hearing now. Just because a despot is in power now, you want everyone to bow down and worship your tin god

https://www.nairaland.com/3294886/man-name-goat-jonathan-see
why always Buhari?

Buhari mentors touts and illiterate youths since he himself is an illiterate and doesn't know better than unfairness and violence is always the first action he would take.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by misscall247: 8:39am On Aug 18, 2016
YorubaFynest:

Name a dog "Trump" and walk him through a white-centric neighborhood right now.

Stop yarning dust.

You're right. Tribalism caused the Ibo man to name a dog "Buhari" and walk him through a Hausa community. When will you Ibos learn to take fault and stop playing victim? Keep your intolerance in the SE.
E pain dis one too

1 Like

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by darlingtonIIV(m): 8:43am On Aug 18, 2016
StOla:

Why are some people so self-destructive, suicidal and craving for conflict and anarchy?

The Northerners did not misconstrue his intention. They know him to be a hateful Igbo, the likes of which vent their frustration and misery on this forum and other online media. Now an Ipob member who has forgotten he is not in Aba, has met his match in Buhari's tribesmen. Even if the complainant is claiming to have Buhari as his father's name / surname, it is evident that both defendant and plaintiff are fighting a tribal proxy war over President Buhari.

Can he name his dog Ojukwu or Azikiwe? Imagine a Yoruba man in Nnewi naming his goat Ojukwu, or a Fulani man in Aba naming his dog Nnamdi Kanu and parading it around the IPOB meeting centres? That is the suicidal attribute the Igbos are known for. Imagine using such a revered name in a community populated by Hausa-Fulani? Even if he had named the dog Awolowo, I know his Yoruba hosts may find it repulsive, but would not react violently, resulting in the boldness of the Igbo man who then concludes that Yorubas are cowards and are docile.

Since the Igbo man welcomes bravery and detest the peaceful Yorubas as weaklings, let him celebrate and enjoy the bravery of his Hausa-Fulani neighbours. It is stupidity such as this that was displayed by Igbos in the North, that led to their slaughter in the Northern pogroms as a Northern civilian reaction to the Jan 1966 coup killings of Northern politicians and Army officers.

However, whether the coward directed his friends of hate to eat up his own dog is irrelevant as no case exist here, talk-less of an implication. Nevertheless, the arrested man is safer in that police custody as his bigoted life will be wasted without a second thought, the moment he steps out of police "custodial protection".
We all know the Hausa-Fulani, they don't need to mouth hatred and beat their hollow chest to teach an equally hateful lesson.

See what hate has caused now? His days of peace are over in that community. Except he is released by the police directly at Aba, where his fellow bigoted clansmen will welcome him as a hero who had to runaway from Yorubaland because of Hausa-Fulanis who are his fellow settlers.

After his brain was reset at the police station, hear him declare eternal love for Buhari.

TRASH! Since when did giving your dog a human name become illegal or suicidal?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by StOla: 8:43am On Aug 18, 2016
ProfDumbledor:

Shame to you hate peddler and traitor. this happened in your region and all you and your fellow slaves cud do was team up with your slave masters to torture the innocent man. thank Goodness we still have some reasonable people from your place who saw no offense in what the guy did.

I already adduced that there's no criminal case here, so the cowardly Igbo man need not have his friends dispose of the dog.

Pray tell me why I should be defending a hate filled Igbo man who was looking for trouble? Why should I regard the Igbo man who has all manner of names to call me?

Do I owe the Igbo man any love, who despite living peacefully in my region, would still disrespect me for being peaceful and term me coward?

The Igbo man enjoys Fulani bravery as opposed to Yoruba cowardice, let them continue to enjoy it.

Even a Yoruba man would not go to Alaba or Idumota Market in Yoruba land, and be bad-mouthing Ojukwu, because it is an area obviously populated by Igbos even if it is Yorubaland.

But the Igbo man is a suicidal piece of work.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Dentmoyin(m): 8:44am On Aug 18, 2016
can't stop imagining how he will come back and ask were is buhari, and everybody dey like he enter bush to go chop shit...the man dey like 'this my hero sef...lolz that man need to be flog 40 strokes of the cane right in his balls for ridiculing our president...

3 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Jalinco: 8:44am On Aug 18, 2016
The reason why you stay too long in police custody is that you don't know how to say the truth. Police actually saved you from committing suicide
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Alexandro15: 8:45am On Aug 18, 2016
Don't people name their pets Elizabeth? Why hasn't the british government harassed them?

Was the name Buhari coined only for the president? Abeg, they should go and sit down. They should have charged him to court and loose shamefully.

Even an illegal immigrant at that. Smh
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by LordRegalia: 8:45am On Aug 18, 2016
StOla:

An appalling load of crock which leaves one to wonder at the kind of mind that would spew forth such.

Expressing unfounded opinions as to motives and characterizations of individuals one has never met on a personal note.

Launching into a tirade over the events of Nigerian history that are totally unrelated and in absolutely no way similar to the matter at hand. 

Then chest beating over the Hausa / Fulani disregard for the value and sanctity of human life like it is something to be proud of. 

And all of this over what? The name given to a dog? Only narrow-minded folks make issues out of mundane things like the name given to a dog. People who need to learn that whatever name you give a dog or anything for that matter has absolutely no bearing on whosoever wherever he / she may be that bears the same name.

Truth be told, it is people like this who are responsible for the myriad of problems bedeviling Nigeria. People who cannot rise above thinking along the lines of Afonja, Ipob, Herdsmen, Ijaw, Christian, Muslim and all the other delineating identities and sentiments to see every citizen equally as Nigerian.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by blaq05: 8:47am On Aug 18, 2016
[quote You called that one(musa) police? I doubt if he can recite National Anthem. How do you expect him to have sense of equity when he's a dumb police man. Not sure he passed his SSCE thou.. Same like his oga at the top! Didn't mention name oo before they go come arraign me put inside cell

2 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by misscall247: 8:49am On Aug 18, 2016
MadCow1:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4121451_dog_jpeg719d48dbaac739a23dc7a7cf17239d0e

Its one thing to name your dog Buhari, its another thing to shave the name into both sides of the Dog.

This Man should be re-arrested and tried for criminal mischief and inciting behavior.. angry
hahaha.....E pain u!!!hahaha!

for d man mind he b like we all know dat buhari is a dog.......so u can hang urself

4 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by snipesdam(m): 8:49am On Aug 18, 2016
These northerners sef, they would have just taken action on the Dog...
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 18, 2016
Firefire:
[s][/s]

Why are some people this hateful and exhibiting same on the cyberspace ?

Bro., free yourself from the spirit of hatred, irrespective of the opinion(s) of others towards you.

Thank you.

Keep your brain quiet and go offline!
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by postmann: 8:49am On Aug 18, 2016
StOla:

You're by far a bigger bigot than those you're trying to drag over the coals.

You're a sad news to an enlightened society and in consternation I see hate all over your write up, depicting you as someone who isn't comfortable in his own skin and your blood springs from the fountain of bitterness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by czaratwork: 8:51am On Aug 18, 2016
All the cats we raised while growing up are always named Jimmy. why didnt Jimmy Carter arrest us for doing so.

Things have really detoriated in nigeria. if only tribalism and nepotism will allow us condemn what is bad.
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by MadCow1: 8:52am On Aug 18, 2016
misscall247:
hahaha.....E pain u!!!hahaha!

for d man mind he b like we all know dat buhari is a dog.......so u can hang urself

Pain me say wetin?

I don't care if you call the President a Pig.. Does not change the fact that he is your President.

My only concern here is the peace and safety of normal everyday Nigerians who are unfortunate to find themselves in the vicinity of this deranged man. Its all fun and games now until people start dying then you will start shouting everywhere.

The Man's actions were inciting. The damage he would have caused may have resulted in loss of lives..

Sometimes its not what we do, but the resultant effect. #ChewOnThat..

3 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by bethyz(m): 8:53am On Aug 18, 2016
He has all the right. Any body against this man naming his dog don't no his fundamental human right. You have even lost your right for common sense. We Nigeria live in this countrue it imitated by anyone . Anybody can do anything and we won't take because we don't no our right. Police can do anything to us and get away with it because we don't no our right.

1 Like

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by samazagudu(m): 8:54am On Aug 18, 2016
Why can't you Name to your father.. Did you love Buhari pass your papa. Nonses

2 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 18, 2016
For those asking if an Hausa man could name his dog ojukwu in the south east......yes he could and nothing will happen. My neighbour's dog back then in Enugu was named ojukwu and the guy is Yoruba!!

When are we ever going to stop tribalism?
When are we ever going to see ourselves as one?
If buhari hadn't singled out 5%, I'm very sure this iPob ish wouldn't have escalated to this level. Even when we had it during Jonathan's tenure, it was not so rampant like this!

Hausa hates igbo
Yoruba that use to like igbo, now hates igbo! Habba!

Anyways, I leave you all with; 1 john 4:7-8

3 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by bethyz(m): 8:56am On Aug 18, 2016
He has all the right. Any body against this man naming his dog don't no his fundamental human right. You have even lost your right for common sense. We Nigeria live in this country intimitated by anyone . Anybody can do anything and we wil take it because we don't no our right. Police can do anything to us and get away with it because we don't no our right. Fight for someone's right today and someone will fight for yours.
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Lovelynature(m): 8:57am On Aug 18, 2016
StOla:

Seems you have been having grudges against the Igbos for long and find this thread as a means to express your long burning hatred for them. Where was it mentioned that the said man is an Igbo man. The post clearly said '' the trader who is a father of two from Niger Delta". Mind you, I'm not trying to speak for the Igbos, but the ones I know around here are hardworking business men that focus more on their businesses and have no time for tribal or religious arguments. You find them around mostly on Sundays if they aren't going for outing after church services.

The arguments you read here everyday are from young jobless Nigerians youths from almost all Naija tribes abusing themselves. Take for instance, this name checkers of a thing and all that.

Bro, in the name of our dear loving Creator and God, Who found it fit to create different tribes, races, cultures and other differences, please stop hating. It does more harm to the hater than the hated. Shalom bro. One love

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by HomeOfMe(f): 8:57am On Aug 18, 2016
StOla:

Have you forgotten the yorubas named a cooking utensil after ojukwu's head? It is called "agbari ojukwu",so let's stop criticising,Lol! Very funny..

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Two-headed Snake Eats Two Mice Using Both Mouths At Same Time (graphic) / Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) / See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.