Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,131 members, 7,811,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe (63594 Views)

100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe / Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" / Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by doskie(m): 8:57am On Aug 18, 2016
YorubaFynest:
[size=14pt]If Hausas and Ibos want to go at it, they need to do it in the North or South Sh!t. Yorubaland is not for bitter idiottts to display their bitterness.

**** Imagine what would have happed had a Hausa man named his dog Ojukwu in the South sh!t. Would he have done this in the North? These fools take the peace in Yorubaland for granted.

We will not let foreign faeces or osus make Yorubaland inhabitable for others.

Yorubaland will continue to remain peaceful and tolerant to opposing views.
[/size]
honestly speaking I'm from edo state. I allude the Yoruba clan with the greatest respect i can have for a Nigerian. They are the most peaceful people in Nigeria undoubtedly. I served in yoruba land, and since then i settled in a yoruba speaking community in lagos state. Yoruba women older than you will greet you. Even their children. I have lived in the north, east, south and west. And outside Nigeria; yorubas are the most respected and recognized. You have not lied my brother

4 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by delvinmaya(m): 8:58am On Aug 18, 2016
Mumus plenty this country I swear. So please tell me where in the constitution it is forbidden to name your pet any name you wish. Some here are claiming it's insulting but to who? If I name my dog your father's name and you choose to take offence, your problem not mine, if you cause wahala with me, trust me I will sue you and wreck you. Even the commissioner of police knew it's a no brainer. If the victim decides to fight for his right, in a sane country he will make millions.
And let's stop making this a tribal thing

2 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by ephi123(f): 8:58am On Aug 18, 2016
Poor dogs. They cannot even choose their own names cheesy
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by cheruv: 9:00am On Aug 18, 2016
YorubaFynest:

Name a dog "Trump" and walk him through a white-centric neighborhood right now.

Stop yarning dust.

You're right. Tribalism caused the Ibo man to name a dog "Buhari" and walk him through a Hausa community. When will you Ibos learn to take fault and stop playing victim? Keep your intolerance in the SE.
The Igbo in question is from SS

1 Like

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Gassa007: 9:01am On Aug 18, 2016
StOla:

Why are some people so self-destructive, suicidal and craving for conflict and anarchy?

The Northerners did not misconstrue his intention. They know him to be a hateful Igbo, the likes of which vent their frustration and misery on this forum and other online media. Now an Ipob member who has forgotten he is not in Aba, has met his match in Buhari's tribesmen. Even if the complainant is claiming to have Buhari as his father's name / surname, it is evident that both defendant and plaintiff are fighting a tribal proxy war over President Buhari.

Can he name his dog Ojukwu or Azikiwe? Imagine a Yoruba man in Nnewi naming his goat Ojukwu, or a Fulani man in Aba naming his dog Nnamdi Kanu and parading it around the IPOB meeting centres? That is the suicidal attribute the Igbos are known for. Imagine using such a revered name in a community populated by Hausa-Fulani? Even if he had named the dog Awolowo, I know his Yoruba hosts may find it repulsive, but would not react violently, resulting in the boldness of the Igbo man who then concludes that Yorubas are cowards and are docile.

Since the Igbo man welcomes bravery and detest the peaceful Yorubas as weaklings, let him celebrate and enjoy the bravery of his Hausa-Fulani neighbours. It is stupidity such as this that was displayed by Igbos in the North, that led to their slaughter in the Northern pogroms as a Northern civilian reaction to the Jan 1966 coup killings of Northern politicians and Army officers.

However, whether the coward directed his friends of hate to eat up his own dog is irrelevant as no case exist here, talk-less of an implication. Nevertheless, the arrested man is safer in that police custody as his bigoted life will be wasted without a second thought, the moment he steps out of police "custodial protection".
We all know the Hausa-Fulani, they don't need to mouth hatred and beat their hollow chest to teach an equally hateful lesson.

See what hate has caused now? His days of peace are over in that community. Except he is released by the police directly at Aba, where his fellow bigoted clansmen will welcome him as a hero who had to runaway from Yorubaland because of Hausa-Fulanis who are his fellow settlers.

After his brain was reset at the police station, hear him declare eternal love for Buhari.

Trash!!! when did West turn to North

2 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by nosike3(m): 9:03am On Aug 18, 2016
daveyjay:
I knew he was qonna be released, even thouqh he acted irrational, of all ways to honour your said hero, you name a doq after him, interestinq, it's not aqainst the law....
fix your keypad my friend Q for G?? Haba! Cyber hero! angry
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by pappy4real(m): 9:07am On Aug 18, 2016
StOla:

Why are some people so self-destructive, suicidal and craving for conflict and anarchy?

The Northerners did not misconstrue his intention. They know him to be a hateful Igbo, the likes of which vent their frustration and misery on this forum and other online media. Now an Ipob member who has forgotten he is not in Aba, has met his match in Buhari's tribesmen. Even if the complainant is claiming to have Buhari as his father's name / surname, it is evident that both defendant and plaintiff are fighting a tribal proxy war over President Buhari.

Can he name his dog Ojukwu or Azikiwe? Imagine a Yoruba man in Nnewi naming his goat Ojukwu, or a Fulani man in Aba naming his dog Nnamdi Kanu and parading it around the IPOB meeting centres? That is the suicidal attribute the Igbos are known for. Imagine using such a revered name in a community populated by Hausa-Fulani? Even if he had named the dog Awolowo, I know his Yoruba hosts may find it repulsive, but would not react violently, resulting in the boldness of the Igbo man who then concludes that Yorubas are cowards and are docile.

Since the Igbo man welcomes bravery and detest the peaceful Yorubas as weaklings, let him celebrate and enjoy the bravery of his Hausa-Fulani neighbours. It is stupidity such as this that was displayed by Igbos in the North, that led to their slaughter in the Northern pogroms as a Northern civilian reaction to the Jan 1966 coup killings of Northern politicians and Army officers.

However, whether the coward directed his friends of hate to eat up his own dog is irrelevant as no case exist here, talk-less of an implication. Nevertheless, the arrested man is safer in that police custody as his bigoted life will be wasted without a second thought, the moment he steps out of police "custodial protection".
We all know the Hausa-Fulani, they don't need to mouth hatred and beat their hollow chest to teach an equally hateful lesson.

See what hate has caused now? His days of peace are over in that community. Except he is released by the police directly at Aba, where his fellow bigoted clansmen will welcome him as a hero who had to runaway from Yorubaland because of Hausa-Fulanis who are his fellow settlers.

After his brain was reset at the police station, hear him declare eternal love for Buhari.

Honestly, I couldn't have said it any better. Like u took the words right outta my my mouth. His act is like luring a cat with fish and expecting it to act numb. In as much as I despise violence in any form, whatever form of misfortune that could have befallen this dunce for his foolish acts would have been his own sole doing. How do u even do in other people's land things u won't ordinarily accept in ur own territory?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Immorttal: 9:07am On Aug 18, 2016
ministeriallist:
If A dog is named Obama in the US, nobody would give a hoot. It's simply a sign of admiration of a personality.
Evidently, we don't value pets in this country.

I can see what tribalism has reduced us to in this country.
Most unfortunately, even some of our law enforcement Agents had to be corrected by their superiors b4 the innocent man was released.
One needs to be careful in this country because good intentions could easily be misconstrued by ignorant people.
Sorry man, that's your fellow Nigerians for you. They're more concerned about trivial matters that doesn't have effect on the price of fuel or garri.
finally a brilliant nigga is here.

1 Like

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Excuzeme: 9:10am On Aug 18, 2016
idesylvester:
That's because u didn't add Sai Baba to d name...

Shey na buhari and Dog b ur hero now... fuel cheap 4 ur side be that

Well, sorry.. next

Dont mind the not-so-clever Ed**t!

I guess he did not admire his father enough, to name his Dog after his own father.
Why not name one of his Children after Buhari, if he so much love Buhari?

I smell LIES!

Until l see all these people saying he has not done anything wrong, NAME thier Dog after their father's name, they should just keep quiet

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by blackboythink: 9:10am On Aug 18, 2016
You are neck deep in Hate and your sentiments and bias against the Igbo tribe you were unable to hide in this long write-up of yours. smh...Nigeria will never excel with minds link your's.

StOla:

Since the Igbo man welcomes bravery and detest the peaceful Yorubas as weaklings, let him celebrate and enjoy the bravery of his Hausa-Fulani neighbours. It is stupidity such as this that was displayed by Igbos in the North, that led to their slaughter in the Northern pogroms as a Northern civilian reaction to the Jan 1966 coup killings of Northern politicians and Army officers. shocked

All i see are two silly men who have little or nothing worthwhile to do or think about, dragging issues which shouldn't hold water. undecided

Nigerians Grow Up!!!
Think Productivity, think Innovation, Think Tomorrow.
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by giles14(m): 9:10am On Aug 18, 2016
Yoruba u pple n hypocrisy are like devil n lie.so because he named his DPG buhari he was locked up for 3days.

and since wen did Niger Delta turn igbos.

dis beast u yorubas are fanning will one turn and also consume you pple.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by StOla: 9:12am On Aug 18, 2016
HomeOfMe:
Have you forgotten the yorubas named a cooking utensil after ojukwu's head? It is called "agbari ojukwu",so let's stop criticising,Lol! Very funny..

Yes they did so, but in Yoruba land.

Do you think this arrested man is the only Igbo man who has used Buhari's name condescendingly? There would definitely be many in the SE doing that, but in the safety of their domain.

Why look for trouble outside your own land, in an area dominated by Northern settlers?
Even I as a Yoruba man would not go to Alaba or Ladipo market and be mouthing off against Ojukwu or Igbos generally, despite being in Yorubaland, because of the high Igbo population there, and the reverence they have for that person.

That is the common sense that is deficient in the Igbos that make them suicidal.

I posit that the Igbo man lacks the basic skills to co-habit peacefully in the midst of other ethnicities.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by holluphemydavid(m): 9:12am On Aug 18, 2016
Naming ur pet wotever u like is neva a crime, dunno wot is wrong with all dis untrained policemen

2 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Guyman02: 9:13am On Aug 18, 2016
StOla:

The report says he is from Niger Delta, so you have agreed that Niger Delta is also Igbo and when did a Niger Republic citizen become Northerner in Nigeria or you Afonjas only choose to classify Igbos based on how you feel at different times? Also, the incident happened in South West contrary to your assertions or is SW now North? You Yoruba Muslims should try to be rationale and stop your anti Igbo posture.

You mention the pogrom but forgot to add that Yoruba Muslims were not spared during the recent Jos riots

4 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Aringarosa(m): 9:14am On Aug 18, 2016
All this hullabaloo is for what? Was the Dog complaining? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by frenzydilz(m): 9:15am On Aug 18, 2016
OP I swear you just made my day with this post. Can't stop laughing. God bless you plenty cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by DICKtator: 9:16am On Aug 18, 2016
nosike3:
fix your keypad my friend Q for G?? Haba! Cyber hero! angry

grin grin grin grin
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by StOla: 9:17am On Aug 18, 2016
pappy4real:

Honestly, I couldn't have said it any better. Like u took the words right outta my my mouth. His act is like luring a cat with fish and expecting it to act numb. In as much as I despise violence in any form, whatever form of misfortune that could have befallen this dunce for his foolish acts would have been his own sole doing. How do u even do in other people's land things u won't ordinarily accept in ur own territory?

One day, the field of science would finally unravel why the Igbo man leaps before looking.

Maybe it is an element in the food they eat, or its just some God given trait not suitable for a multicultural world.

The man was lucky the police kept him safe with an arrest, and was released after raging tempers had been calmed.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by watchindelta(m): 9:20am On Aug 18, 2016
I see notin bad naming a Dog Buhari....

1 Like

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by jojosweet(f): 9:22am On Aug 18, 2016
YorubaFynest:
[size=14pt]If Hausas and Ibos want to go at it, they need to do it in the North or South Sh!t. Yorubaland is not for bitter idiottts to display their bitterness.

**** Imagine what would have happed had a Hausa man named his dog Ojukwu in the South sh!t. Would he have done this in the North? These fools take the peace in Yorubaland for granted.

[/size]
just say ur people are afraid jor undecided all this yeye grammar mtcheww! So what if he named his dog buhari?, did he name it mohammadu buhari(GCON) so what if he was Hausa and named it ojukwu na only ojukwu get the name? Instead of u to say our judicial system is all shades of messed up and the police has no ground whatsoever to jail him total violation of his rights on freedom of speech and expression for something as silly as name tagging u are here busy tribal demacating.mtcheeeeeeeeeeeew!

1 Like

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by ColtPython(m): 9:23am On Aug 18, 2016
Firefire:

You see, bringing tribalism into politics. embarassed

So, you still believe some people are on PDP payroll in this era? where PDP go get the money to pay my costly bill? [size=19pt]My expense is not less than 50k Naira a day.[/size]
Take my advise, leave trash for LAWMA quite tribal warfare.

Let the unrepentant bigots advance their trade, unless you are also one of the traders.

Shalom!

Bros, are you on life-support machine?

Pls get well soon o.

1 Like

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Donshemzy1234: 9:24am On Aug 18, 2016
why all of una con dey vex like dz or has it pass naming a Dog a certain name ni.

Don't worry I have plans to name my dog a particular name seemingly from the south- south. No offense oo
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Teeneyo(m): 9:27am On Aug 18, 2016
You didn't name your child buhari since he is ur hero,bt ur dog,very funi

2 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Taeewo(m): 9:28am On Aug 18, 2016
Omo nna, u did not name Buhari after a street or ur company ( Buhari Okrika clothing store) .........

Admire ko Infatuated ni.. .

1 Like

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by sorextee(m): 9:29am On Aug 18, 2016
When I was serving in katsina, daura to be precise.. So many hausas named their dogs JONATHAN (Gej was the president then).. I've never liked or supported the idea of giving animals human names... Especially in a country like ours.
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by amazingspiderma: 9:29am On Aug 18, 2016
Nigeria is immiscible. We are just wasting each others time, Nigeria is just a map.

1 Like

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Iscoalarcon: 9:29am On Aug 18, 2016
onnenka:
So that Nairalander who said the guy is from delta state and doesn't like being referred to as Igbo is correct.

And We were busy fighting for someone that doesn't accept being Igbo.
lol cheesy so you only fight for your igbo brothers ke

1 Like

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by searay(m): 9:30am On Aug 18, 2016
StOla:

but someone did this

1 Like

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by VERDA: 9:31am On Aug 18, 2016
tinsel:

You must respect others religious belief. What is the position of dog in the Moslem world?

And Jonathan that was called so many unprintable names does not deserve respect abi?....
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Iscoalarcon: 9:31am On Aug 18, 2016
sorextee:
When I was serving in katsina, daura to be precise.. So many hausas named their dogs JONATHAN (Gej was the president then).. I've never liked or supported the idea of giving animals human names... Especially in a country like ours.
shut the F*uck off Muslims don't keep dogs as pets so you are just lying

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by engrchykae(m): 9:32am On Aug 18, 2016
YorubaFynest:

[/size]
the southwest since the coming of the uthman Dan fodio has been polishing cowardice as peaceful disposition which led to the eternal loss of illorin to the emirate,now igbos and hausas are the gladiators in the arenav(Lagos) while the afonjas self deceptly put on a cloak of peace loving clowns.
u will stand up or be colonized.

1 Like

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Amanwulu1(m): 9:33am On Aug 18, 2016
GODKID98:

school me,pls!
why don't u accept d correction and take up d challenge to learn as he suggested? Afterall nobody in dis forum can see u in real life and knw u. For me I've learnt so much on dis forum and google but not by dabbling into something that is beyond me as u just did.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Two-headed Snake Eats Two Mice Using Both Mouths At Same Time (graphic) / Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) / See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.