Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

Convention: How PDP Governors Ignored BOT Advice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Convention: How PDP Governors Ignored BOT Advice (11146 Views)

PDP Governors Dump Atiku, Pick Sule Lamido - Sahara Reporters / How PDP Prevented Ekwueme From Making Nigeria Great – Tinubu / Photos Of Buhari With APC And PDP Governors And Aisha Buhari In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Convention: How PDP Governors Ignored BOT Advice by Islie: 2:06am On Aug 18, 2016
[quote]Olusola Fabiyi, Abuja

Facts have emerged on how governors of the Peoples Democratic Party ignored the recommendations of the party’s Board of Trustees on how to end the crisis in the party thereby jettisoning the chance to salvage the situation and make the convention hold.

Investigations by our correspondent in Abuja on Wednesday revealed that the governors rejected the recommendations made by the Reconciliation Committee of the BoT on how to avoid a controversial national convention.

The BoT, under the leadership of Walid Jibrin, set up the committee which was headed by a former Minister of Information, Prof. Jerry Gana, to reconcile aggrieved members of the party, especially the factional chairman of the party, Ali Modu Sheriff.

However, while sources within the party said the board was favourably disposed to the implementation of the suggestions, the governors opposed them, insisting that they were going ahead with the national convention without Sheriff.

Knowing that time was not on its side, the BoT Committee, had put up a preliminary report, in which it outlined ways of pacifying Sheriff and his associates.
The report, which was exclusively obtained by our correspondent in Abuja on Wednesday, indicated that the terms were agreed to by the Sheriff group.

It said, “After several consultation and verification sessions with Senator Ali Modu Sheriff and associates, the committee received a positive and strong commitment to genuine reconciliation.
“Accordingly, the committee has resolved to submit an interim report.”

The report indicated that the convention should be shifted from Port Harcourt to Abuja, though it was still going to hold on Wednesday.

Besides, it also suggested that both Sheriff and the Chairman of the National Caretaker Committee, Senator Ahmed Makarfi, should be allowed to address the convention.

The report also said that Sheriff must be allowed to hand over to the incoming national chairman after the elections.

The seven-point recommendation, which was sighted by our correspondent, added that all party congresses earlier approved by the National Executive Committee must remain, while fresh congresses could be held in states with disputed congresses.

The recommendations said, “All legal cases in the law courts to be withdrawn with immediate effect.

“All the party congresses earlier approved by NEC to remain, but fresh congresses to be properly conducted in states where severe disputes have arisen because of previous unacceptable congresses, after convention, “Reconstitute the convention planning committee to comprise nominations from both sides; “Agree on co-chairmen to preside over the convention planning committee;

“Ensure a credible, transparent and superbly organised convention to produce highly qualified and suitable national officers through a process of free, fair and highly credible elections.

“Both Senator Ahmed Makarfi and Senator Ali Modu Sheriff to address the national convention, with Senator Ahmed Makarfi declaring the convention open as convention chairman and Senator Sheriff to hand over to the new chairman after the elections.

“Party’s national convention to be shifted from Port Harcourt to Abuja, the Federal Capital City, but the convention should still hold on Wednesday, August 17, 2016.”

Meanwhile, a governor, who spoke with our correspondent on Saturday evening, described the inability of the party to hold the convention as a blessing in disguise.

He said there were signs that the convention would end on a sad note going by the revelations at Port Harcourt.

He said, “I think some of my colleagues were not sincere with the planning.

“Imagine all the states in the South-West, except Ondo and Ekiti, not having up to 10 delegates.”[quote]

http://punchng.com/convention-pdp-govs-ignored-bot-advice/

Re: Convention: How PDP Governors Ignored BOT Advice by HungerBAD: 2:21am On Aug 18, 2016
Makes no sense.

Aside the bragging rights to the Chairmanship Position, i am still puzzled to the real reasons why these guys are fighting to take control of the PDP party. A party to me that is dead, buried, resurrected,buried again and the graveyard shifted into the wilderness.

The one smart thing i have noticed in all these "Arrangee" Quarrels between all factions, is that the Northerners are a very smart people. So far, Sheriff and Makarfi's supporters are not burning the North up.

Take this same scenario to the South-South. By now the Militants would have flattened the Community,and the houses of the opponents of who they are Loyal to.

Since the PDP has decided to destroy themselves, without us even taking any anointing Oils for Prayers from Father Mbaka,Apostle Suleiman,TB Joshua or even that Mad Prophet under the Oshodi Bridge, we the good people of Nigeria will be willing spectators.

29 Likes

Re: Convention: How PDP Governors Ignored BOT Advice by eyesofgod: 3:23am On Aug 18, 2016
Obsequies of PDP, so long and too long.

2 Likes

Re: Convention: How PDP Governors Ignored BOT Advice by babyfaceafrica: 5:37am On Aug 18, 2016
Jokers

1 Like

Re: Convention: How PDP Governors Ignored BOT Advice by kahal29: 5:47am On Aug 18, 2016
Wike & Fayose decided to impose Modu Sheriff as Chairman without doing SWOT analysis hence the current problem. Though he came onboard when people were running away from PDP. The 1st thing he did was clear all outstanding salary backlog (with his personal money) both Federal n State level. Then he tried unifying them all to consolidate his powers.

Then he made a mistake n dropped the bombshell too early, (which made Wike n Fayose to start thinking otherwise.

Modu Sheriff is too ambitious & power hungry. That's why he was already preparing to be Presidential candidate few months after becoming Chairman.

He is Stupendously wealthy and has deep pocket that his kinsmen accuse his of printing money.

Wike thought as Gov of Powerful Rivers State with oil money, he could easily kick Modu around to do his bidding. But I will say as a new comer, he didn't know that even Oga get Oga.

In 2003, Modu Sherriff removed a sitting Gov, drove him out of the party & took over as Gov of the State. I doubt if it has ever happened in Nigeria, to drive away a sitting Gov from a ruling party, make him decamp & defeat him in general election.

He spends any amount of money to achieve his goals. He currently has no political office hence will fight to finish to retain that office in order to remain relevant.
Wike & Fayose should prostate & beg this man as this mess they created is not ending any time soon.

Courtesy of TJ

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Convention: How PDP Governors Ignored BOT Advice by NameChecker: 8:30am On Aug 18, 2016
kahal29:

Wike & Fayose decided to impose Modu Sheriff as Chairman without doing SWOT analysis hence the current problem. Though he came onboard when people were running away from PDP. The 1st thing he did was clear all outstanding salary backlog (with his personal money) both Federal n State level. Then he tried unifying them all to consolidate his powers.
Then he made a mistake n dropped the bombshell too early, (which made Wike n Fayose to start thinking otherwise.
Modu Sheriff is too ambitious & power hungry. That's why he was already preparing to be Presidential candidate few months after becoming Chairman.
He is Stupendously wealthy and has deep pocket that his kinsmen accuse his of printing money.
Wike thought as Gov of Powerful Rivers State with oil money, he could easily kick Modu around to do his bidding. But I will say as a new comer, he didn't know that even Oga get Oga.
In 2003, Modu Sherriff removed a sitting Gov, drove him out of the party & took over as Gov of the State. I doubt if it has ever happened in Nigeria, to drive away a sitting Gov from a ruling party, make him decamp & defeat him in general election.
He spends any amount of money to achieve his goals. He currently has no political office hence will fight to finish to retain that office in order to remain relevant.
Wike & Fayose should prostate & beg this man as this mess they created is not ending any time soon.
Courtesy of TJ

That is why I insist that PDP is a Scam Party
grin

6 Likes

Re: Convention: How PDP Governors Ignored BOT Advice by drey08(m): 8:33am On Aug 18, 2016
grin

Re: Convention: How PDP Governors Ignored BOT Advice by shamsuRana(m): 8:35am On Aug 18, 2016
kahal29:

Courtesy of TJ

in sheriffs word..

"When I was Governor of Borno State, Wike was busy carrying papers for Amaechi. He is an amateur when it comes to national politics. Money will get you judgement, but truth will 'abort' two conventions . That is how powerful I can be."

~ Sen. Ali Modu Sheriff, National PDP Chairman

18 Likes

Re: Convention: How PDP Governors Ignored BOT Advice by StepTwo: 8:36am On Aug 18, 2016
the recommendations doesnt make sense.

how will you allow both of them to speak in the same convention as chairman and caretaker chairman. where is that done?

shouldnt the reconcilliation bring about one person stepping down?

this Jerry Ghana Sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Convention: How PDP Governors Ignored BOT Advice by MrHenshaw: 8:46am On Aug 18, 2016
StepTwo:
the recommendations doesnt make sense.

how will you allow both of them to speak in the same convention as chairman and caretaker chairman. where is that done?

shouldnt the reconcilliation bring about one person stepping down?

this Jerry Ghana Sha
Are u new in this country?everything is possible with PDP.

2 Likes

Re: Convention: How PDP Governors Ignored BOT Advice by kaecyy(m): 8:47am On Aug 18, 2016
Power hungry politicians. All Nigeria wants z a good opposition party nt a party of miscreants.

1 Like

Re: Convention: How PDP Governors Ignored BOT Advice by giles14(m): 9:15am On Aug 18, 2016
Islie:

please if Ali modu s.is been stupid den let d SS n SE pdp move out and merge with apga + ppa lp etc or better still form a new party.

did northern dominance sickens me.
Re: Convention: How PDP Governors Ignored BOT Advice by free2ryhme: 9:17am On Aug 18, 2016
Why has this not thread enter page 1 & 2? It becos trolls can't understand what is being communicated here
Re: Convention: How PDP Governors Ignored BOT Advice by chikany: 9:17am On Aug 18, 2016
all I have to say is that PDP should go to God in prayer...
Re: Convention: How PDP Governors Ignored BOT Advice by CornelG(m): 9:27am On Aug 18, 2016
Hahahahaha PDP even AY, Gordons, Basketmouth, Ali Baba and other senior comedians they fear una ooo because una comedy drama too much ooo. Meanwhile i wish una quick Recovery that is if you will ever recover because your illness is more deathly that EBOLA! Maker stop here before the foolish PDP wailers begin to attack me foolishly.
Re: Convention: How PDP Governors Ignored BOT Advice by ijustdey: 9:29am On Aug 18, 2016
the governors are much greater than the BOTs in Nigeria settings......

he who pays the Piper's dictate it's tune
Re: Convention: How PDP Governors Ignored BOT Advice by xboyelyusuf(m): 9:49am On Aug 18, 2016
Reconcile or not,one glaring fact is that the PDP is completely DEAD in the north. So,don't blame some of us that keep wondering why the media still bothers about PDP.
Re: Convention: How PDP Governors Ignored BOT Advice by feedthenation(m): 9:55am On Aug 18, 2016
I put the blame on the gang of PDP governors...they are the ones who are planning of taking over the party structure for their own selfish means, especially, the trio of Wike, Fayose and Mimiko.

They think this will be like the election of the PDP governors' forum where 16 is greater than 19 to force Amaechi out of PDP.

Ali Modu Sheriff is one tough cookie, he's the 'tsetsefly' who have landed on the on PDP scrotum - either to kill it with a sledge hammer or leave to fester on PDP's lifeblood.

The best thing that can happen is for those PDP faction under Markafi to realign with APGA, LP to form a credible opposition party and be prepared to fight the election in 2019.

3 Likes

Re: Convention: How PDP Governors Ignored BOT Advice by miqos02(m): 10:02am On Aug 18, 2016
ok
Re: Convention: How PDP Governors Ignored BOT Advice by seguntijan(m): 10:28am On Aug 18, 2016
Let me tell you Wike's Gimmicks.
He bribed some few governors to pick a politically dunce material like the 60 year old Agbaje who knows next to nothing when it comes to evil policking of manipulation in the PDP as the Chairmanin what looks like the 1999 preference of the OBJ as against the SW interest.
Wike will then make Secondus, a man possessed with every superb evil of the PDP and manipulative credentials, the Deputy Chairman of Agbaje. This will make Agbaje the face of evil impunitythat Secondus will be committing via his master Wike.
To achive this, Wike reduced the number of delegates from the North by 50% and increase Southern Delegates by 50%. That is why he made himself the Chairman of the Convention. He can give 15 tags to Kano and give 35 to Bayelsa.........Wow!
In the end, he will pocket the party and run it the way he likes, possibly sell it to the highest bidder in 2019 who will make him VP candidate since Sheriff had disappointed him by promising severalother people Vp ticket!
Sheriff and Wike know themselves very well, their battle is the battle of thieves who want to steal an elephant that drank itself to death at the riverside!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Convention: How PDP Governors Ignored BOT Advice by frodobee: 10:32am On Aug 18, 2016
Islie:
Hmmm,edited?
Re: Convention: How PDP Governors Ignored BOT Advice by lexyclasy: 2:57pm On Aug 18, 2016
HungerBAD:
Makes no sense.

Aside the bragging rights to the Chairmanship Position, i am still puzzled to the real reasons why these guys are fighting to take control of the PDP party. A party to me that is dead, buried, resurrected,buried again and the graveyard shifted into the wilderness.

The one smart thing i have noticed in all these "Arrangee" Quarrels between all factions, is that the Northerners are a very smart people. So far, Sheriff and Makarfi's supporters are not burning the North up.

Take this same scenario to the South-South. By now the Militants would have flattened the Community,and the houses of the opponents of who they are Loyal to.

Since the PDP has decided to destroy themselves, without us even taking any anointing Oils for Prayers from Father Mbaka,Apostle Suleiman,TB Joshua or even that Mad Prophet under the Oshodi Bridge, we the good people of Nigeria will be willing spectators.
You this MBANO beast....is it a curse that you should always reason irrationally....you claim PDP is dead yet any news about PDP.....you will suspend what ever thing you were handling to produce your catalytic text....i dont know what you stand to gain....but i can only advice you to work out more on the government you enthrone to return Nigeria to the biggest economy which we gladly handed to you, secondly channel your strength to restored Naira back to 216/$, 3rdly the same way you gallivant on Nairaland do that to return Nigeria to Polio free nation you met,Again ensure that Boko haram is eradicated for 6month as promise, moreover see to it that the same verbal war you wage with the likes of Oshomole and Fashola that a reasonable government can give light to his people within 6month now the ball is in your court yet the system is getting worst, i should also remind you that fuel and kerosine we bought cheaper at 87/50 is now 145/190, put more effort in diversifying economy which you preach rather than releasing huge money to carry out seismic work in benue basin and Borno , i wish to also remind you that when you were attacking rice was sold at 9,000 a bag for MAMA GOLD it is now 18,000, lest i forget the people you attack successfully conducted an election in NE but now that you are defending you could not be able to defend election for over a year in just Rivers state what a shame, you have also succeeded in spreading your bad luck to sport unit by failing to qualify the nation in next nations cup, not even TP for Olympic contingents, is just a shame after you boast in spending 6months to roll out dunces in the name of ministers yet some are crooks some are nonentities that lack will power to turn things around yet people like you keep shouting KAI BABA..... Now you have seen the CHANGE in numerous tax avenue, very soon you will tax opposition.....you can only convince the qwebs but not people like me......stop dancing naked on the street.....90% of your saints members were PDP outcast.....talk constructively and reasonably next time......be warned

(1) (Reply)

Kano Protest In Pictures / ................ / Bomb Explosion Claims One, Injures Several Others In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.