Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Our Daily Manna For Today 18/8/16 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our Daily Manna For Today 18/8/16 (433 Views)

Our Daily Manna For Today 25/8/2016 / Our Daily Manna For Today 24/8/2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Daily Manna For Today 18/8/16 by Nobody: 5:43am On Aug 18, 2016
TOPIC: ALWAYS SOMETHING FOR SOMETHING!
BASIC SCRIPTURE: PHILIPPIANS 3: 4-15
There is something called opportunity cost in Economics. It is the price you pay or the losses you suffer in other to gain something. Life is about loosing to gain. If you want a better tomorrow, then be prepared to make some sacrifices. It could be a long fast. It could be breaking a bad relationship. It could be cutting the number of hours you sleep, or obeying your husband even when it's very painful. It could be your tithe payment. It could be spending more time on your job, or quiet time with God daily. But you must loose to gain. Indeed, even in FREEETOWN nothing is free! Yes, Freedom itself is not free! Everyday soldiers give their lives for you to have a peaceful nation worldwide. The Lord gave His life! You must pay the price if you wish to select the blessing! Nature cannot be deceived or cheated upon, it will give you what you are fighting for only after paying her price! Mohammed Ali once said: don't quit now! Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion! That was his price for human greatness! Oh! I like this: "every luxury must be paid for and every luxury is a luxury starting with being in the world" (Cesare Pavesa). We've heard that the late Michael Jackson spent about 6 hours everyday learning new dance steps and he ruled his music world. Assuming he spent that time playing or visiting friends? You can't advance without sacrifice. Reject laziness and ask yourself: what must I drop, or let go in order to make faster progress in this second half of the year? Paul said in today's basic scripture(vs 7); "What things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ". What would you count as loss in order for you to advance in life and ministry? Think! A life of pleasure without a price is a lie. A life of cruising without crying is fraus. Be determined to pay the price. Sometimes sorrow is better than laughter (Eccl 7:3). The brief delay you are experiencing now before your breakthrough could be the price for your character moulding by God. Your day is near! There is nothing like something for nothing, it is always something for something! Always remember this: " price has to be paid for success! Almost everyone who has reached the summit worked harder and longer, studied and planned more assiduously, practiced more self -denial, overcame more difficulties than those of us who have not risen so far." Everything has a price! Hold on and hold out!
PRAYER POINTS:Take Song 1: Tis so sweet to trust...
1. In your own words, pray about today's WORD as led.
2. I shall pay a price lime Paul for my advancement. Lord, empower me by fire.
3. You agents of temporary pleasure and laziness delegated to silence my progress in life, be uprooted today in Jesus name (pray this prayer point 7 times with power).

(1) (Reply)

Two Things / The Evil Judgement Of Yahweh Against The Yacobites / Amplified Chatterings Before And After Moslem Call To Prayer/worship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.