Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers (26864 Views)

Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) / Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest / Mechanized Rice Harvest In Coscharis Farm, Anambra State (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by lakesyded(m): 1:02pm On Aug 18, 2016
RobinRay:

#GarriTillBuhariGoes

*runs to go and buy groundnut*

I help u say a big amen to that.So shall it be for u alone

4 Likes

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by 9jatatafo(m): 1:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
Most rice in circulation are all local brands but those greedy traders and dealers are still selling bag for N18K and above. This country is a shame.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by Businessideas: 1:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
IKILLxxxAFONJAS:

Afonajas always hating when people say the truth about the bigotry of their slave masters
The joke is on you. Afonja is not a derogatory word, Olodo grin
You guys are jokers walahi

10 Likes

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by 989900: 1:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
If we can get rice off our Forex demands, that'd be a coup . . . the CBN did well on this.

Lagos has a noticeable stake in those rice plantations. Anambra, Ebonyi and some other states are trying too, hopefully they double their efforts too.

Imagine Nigeria earning Forex from rice exports! shocked

5 Likes

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by shukuokukobambl: 1:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
IKILLxxxAFONJAS:

Afonajas always hating when people say the truth about the bigotry of their slave masters

OSUs always crying their slave masters refused to allow them eat the crumbs from their children's tables

4 Likes

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by shellman: 1:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
dionpholly:
Insha allahu
Nigeria will soon get to the promise land

Ope front page tinz
God had been smiling on the Niger Delta&the people of no be our oily money had been arrogant. Now He is beginning to bring His radar to the orbit of prosperity to His people in other states Sooner, those arrogant folks would be drinking their oil

2 Likes

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by shukuokukobambl: 1:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
Businessideas:

The joke is on you. Afonja is not a derogatory word, Olodo grin
You guys are jokers walahi

No mind the pikin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by Josmila(m): 1:09pm On Aug 18, 2016
RobinRay:
this doesn't change the fact that rice is still 23K in my side

#GarriTillBuhariGoes

*runs to go and buy groundnut*

Waiting for your #EatSandTillBuhariGoes then i'll know you're serious, op undecidedonu

1 Like

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by ore16: 1:10pm On Aug 18, 2016
Kudos to government on local rice initiative .
Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by Josmila(m): 1:12pm On Aug 18, 2016
Diversification, food sufficiency, all these can be achieved, we're on track, pray we don't derail when oil prices pick up again.

Kudos to PMB!

1 Like

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by teebell999(m): 1:17pm On Aug 18, 2016
veekid:
shocked Buhari don dey work now for him mind abi?
Economic diversification true true

wailer spotted!!!

1 Like

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by arsenal33: 1:18pm On Aug 18, 2016
seguno2:
Jonathan's agricultural policy is like a perennial fruit tree that gives and keeps giving.

yea...perennial fruit of looting

3 Likes

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 18, 2016
AlPeter:
The problem is how can I get to buy this rice in Ibadan.

That's my own problem too. How do I steal the rice u bought and move it from ibadan to ogun state

2 Likes

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by chelseajoy: 1:23pm On Aug 18, 2016
stagger:

Wetin you dey yarn? The rice paddies where the brainchild of the GEJ admin under the Adeshina-led Agricultural Transformation Program. What has Audu Ogbeh ando his boss the man on top done about agriculture since they took office in 2015?
na GEJ give dem moni ? olodo read very well

4 Likes

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by OSESUNATE(m): 1:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
stagger:

Wetin you dey yarn? The rice paddies where the brainchild of the GEJ admin under the Adeshina-led Agricultural Transformation Program. What has Audu Ogbeh and his boss the man on top done about agriculture since they took office in 2015?
Ow long does it take rice to grow? from 2015 to 2016, is it not upto a year? The money was definitely disbursed to them by this admin. as rice takes at most 6months to reproduce

3 Likes

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by jwart(m): 1:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
Till I see it in the market, warehouse or loaded trailer with a brand name.

And only if it's not going to be full of stone.
Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by tundexijim(m): 1:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
stagger:

Wetin you dey yarn? The rice paddies where the brainchild of the GEJ admin under the Adeshina-led Agricultural Transformation Program. What has Audu Ogbeh and his boss the man on top done about agriculture since they took office in 2015?

Enough of all this trash u keep spewing.. U are always quick to attribute every success of this govt to ur drunkard hero but won't accept he mess up with the economy. .. I'm not sure u read through the testimonies of the farmers.. .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by OSESUNATE(m): 1:31pm On Aug 18, 2016
stagger:

You guys are always quick to hijack any success recorded under this admin. from them attributing it to jonathan but any failure is their fault and not jonatthan's. ITS PATHETIC!!!

6 Likes

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by Pavore9: 1:42pm On Aug 18, 2016
Guyman02:

The husks can be used as fuel for small turbines that will power the mills and also serve as feed stock for cattle, goats and sheep and also it can be used for organic manure that will help eliminate dependence on NPK and its attendant environment consequences. I hope the govt will think towards that line. Kudos to Kebbi.

With Lagos acquiring land for rice production in SW and Anambra and Ebonyi also doing well in rice production we expect Nigeria to be self sufficient in in rice farming soon.

Thinking more of the private sector taking up the initiative rather than waiting for government. Setting up a rice husk particle boards production unit will be a plus.

2 Likes

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by WhatOnEarth: 1:56pm On Aug 18, 2016
grin

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by sara2007: 2:03pm On Aug 18, 2016
jwart:
Till I see it in the market, warehouse or loaded trailer with a brand name.

And only if it's not going to be full of stone.

I bought labana rice last week. The rice is like imported rice. In fact i went to sahad storeshere in abuja looking for caprice gold (imported) but only naija rice brands were available (including labana). I grudgingly bought labana.

......... Fast forward....i love labana. I will buy it again. I did not see any difference between it and caprice gold.

Offer me labana and caprice, i will go for labana cos first and foremost, no difference quality wise, cheaper than caprice pricewise.

6 Likes

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by LordAdam: 2:06pm On Aug 18, 2016
989900:
If we can get rice off our Forex demands, that'd be a coup . . . the CBN did well on this.

Lagos has a noticeable stake in those rice plantations. Anambra, Ebonyi and some other states are trying too, hopefully they double their efforts too.

Imagine Nigeria earning Forex from rice exports! shocked

Exactly. It is good news that even if the FG and the Ministry of Agriculture has fallen short, the CBN is still stepping up to the plate.

Although, I think it would be best if the farmers honored their agreements with the FG. The governments made commitments in local rice production, there are other concessionary investments in rice mills around the country.

This is where much of the current government's interest should go to. We have to do all in our power to reduce our import bill. In so doing, we create room for more local businesses that send more money to the government's coffers through tax.

I expect the government to look at the perennial problem of our beans not meeting International standards for export. The EU has repeatedly shut their doors to importing our beans, often sending many containers back. The FOREX gained may not be as much as oil, but it is substantial, and we should be working towards it.

Much of our import bill goes to food, if we can reduce that, we would be right on track to a Nigeria not at the caprices and whims of volatile oil prices.

The Nigerian economy is already diversified, (in fact we have the most diversified economy amongst OPEC members. As at 2015, the oil and gas industry only contributed 9% to our GDP) thanks to the sordid economic planning of the previous democratic administrations.

What we need now is to increase the ratio of private to public workers by creating an enabling business environment; and then naturally, non-oil revenues to the government would grow.

-Lord

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by LordAdam: 2:22pm On Aug 18, 2016
Pavore9:

Thinking more of the private sector taking up the initiative rather than waiting for government. Setting up a rice husk particle boards production unit will be a plus.

The ease of doing business is way too low in Nigeria. Which is why novel ideas like these should have substantial input from the government. It could be in form of low- or no-interest loan, or tax relief, or elimination of double taxation, or a government-private JV.

That it took an Harvard graduate to kick-start the production of tomato pastes in Nigeria, today Dangote is a player in that industry, says a lot about government's short-sight and the cautious nature of private investors in Nigeria.

In countries where the ease of doing business is way higher, investors can take up more risk and pioneer new industries, because they'd have a good idea of what challenges to expect and would have the ready ears of the government in finding ways to surmount the problems.

In Nigeria, the opposite is true. Driving a new business in Nigeria is like driving in the night with zero visibility. And unless you are Dangote, Elumelu or some big shot with direct access to the seat of power, you can kiss rubbing minds with the government to tackle challenges good bye.

I know of an indigenous company that produces glass and pays #5 million in electricity bills monthly (before the recent price hike) when they have steady running generators and stand-by generators going for 95% of working time.

If a conducive business environment is provided by the government, Nigeria will rival Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and 'em new Asian tigers.

-Lord

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by Iolite(f): 2:27pm On Aug 18, 2016
sara2007:

I bought labana rice last week. The rice is like imported rice. In fact i went to sahad storeshere in abuja looking for caprice gold (imported) but only naija rice brands were available (including labana). I grudgingly bought labana.

......... Fast forward....i love labana. I will buy it again. I did not see any difference between it and caprice gold.

Offer me labana and caprice, i will go for labana cos first and foremost, no difference quality wise, cheaper than caprice pricewise.

I have tried LABANA, nice rice, also the rice from NASARAWA and right now am trying ASHI from benue state, for me that is the best. All at sahad store.

2 Likes

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by Salas4oru(m): 2:34pm On Aug 18, 2016
stagger:

So this administration shouldn't implement the previous administration's policies because it's GEJ/PMB country? You should think deep pls before you comment. It's obvious people like you are not happy about the progress made so far as a nation. You're more concerned about your ethnicity n religious affiliations.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by LordAdam: 2:35pm On Aug 18, 2016
OSESUNATE:
You guys are always quick to hijack any success recorded under this admin. from them attributing it to jonathan but any failure is their fault and not jonatthan's. ITS PATHETIC!!!

tundexijim:

Enough of all this trash u keep spewing.. U are always quick to attribute every success of this govt to ur drunkard hero but won't accept he mess up with the economy. .. I'm not sure u read through the testimonies of the farmers.. .

OSESUNATE:
Ow long does it take rice to grow? from 2015 to 2016, is it not upto a year? rice takes at most 6months to reproduce

chelseajoy:
na GEJ give dem moni ? olodo read very well

Don't be ignorant.

The man is right. Do your research.

So you think it is ordinary N15b that transformed the rice industry in Nigeria?

Read: FG establish 10 integrated rice mills and 6 Cassava processing plants in 2014
http://nannewsnigeria.com/fg-establish-10-integrated-rice-mills-6-cassava-processing-plants

We expect 7 rice mills to be set up in Kebbi
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/agriculture/33479-we-expect-7-rice-mills-to-be-set-up-in-kebbi

As at 2013, we already had 15 high-powered mills operating in the country between 2010 and 2013, 13 set up within 1 year
https://www.nairaland.com/1558518/videos-15-new-rice-mills

My question is how many mills has Buhari set up. The only people looking to set up a new mill is recent times is the Lagos state government investing in Kebbi state.

The rice farmers are even lucky that they had an exclusive agreement with the FG under GEJ, with the PMB government just following suit. The other farmers are having a tough time as fertilizers are hard to source these days, thanks to government's incompetency. If the fund hadn't been managed by the CBN, the outcome would have been very different.

You are arguing with stagger who has extensive knowledge of the agricultural terrain in Nigeria, when you can't even boast of one plot of farmland.

Do you think you can just sit in your house, wave a magic wand and then rice production would increase? Use your brain.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by 4four(m): 2:41pm On Aug 18, 2016
stagger:

but empty treasure is the brainchild of buari? u pple can be easily predictable, if anything good thing happen it is Gej even it almost two yrs he left office but if any bed thing happen it is Buari, i think that was d reason some of u tag him jesus of Otuke
Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by LordAdam: 2:47pm On Aug 18, 2016
Salas4oru:

So this administration shouldn't implement the previous administration's policies because it's GEJ/PMB country? You should think deep pls before you comment. It's obvious people like you are not happy about the progress made so far as a nation. You're more concerned about your ethnicity n religious affiliations.

What previous policy? Did they intend to follow any policy when they tampered with fertilizer voucher distribution already highlighted as one of the biggest innovations in Nigeria's macro-agricultural involvement.

Read this, to learn the difference between a serious government's involvement in Agriculture and that of an unserious government--http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/175496-jonathan-approves-n26-billion-2015-farming-season.html

GEJ provided 26b from a 4 trillion naira budget. Buhari provided 15b from a 6 trillion naira budget and you are here spreading saliva disgustingly.

This performance is nothing compared to what Buhari should be able to do. In fact, put a 6-year old there, and he would do better.

From 2013 till date, we have been breaking historic levels of rice harvests, its a trend that will continue regardless of if a stone is in Aso Rock. I just hope Buhari does not spoil things, because he is already contemplating removing fertilizer subsidy and has done virtually nothing to invest more in needed infrastructure.

No new mills, no concessions for new seed companies, or fertilizer companies. All of them are looking at Dangote refinery.

Buhari does not have an option but to follow hand-over notes. He can't even improve on what was given him. We have our hands in our teeth hoping he doesn't screw things up. Is that who you call a leader.

Please, move along.

When this government does something worth celebrating of its own accord, it would be unarguable. For now, he is under performing even in the rice sector, where all the ground work has been done for him.

Stop celebrating mediocrity.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by princetom1(m): 2:49pm On Aug 18, 2016
Pavore9:
Yet to acknowledge any state that rivals Kebbi State in rice production, kudos to the farmers!

Thinking of what is being done with the tonnes of the rice husks being generated.

Try read well, but again, even if the whole north land is used to produce rice, Nigeria will still have same problem. There must be law that prohibit selling to anyone else apart from the authorized dealer's, who will mill it and in turn sell it to Nigerians only. At this rate, even if they produce 1 billion tones of paddy, customers from other country will populate the market and make it unattainable to Nigerians as usual. Whtas the use of producing rice in Nigeria and it still is expensive like it is now. Nonsense, everyone wants to rip us off. Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by tundexijim(m): 2:50pm On Aug 18, 2016
LordAdam:

Don't be ignorant.

The man is right. Do your research.

So you think it is ordinary N15b that transformed the rice industry in Nigeria?

Read: FG establish 10 integrated rice mills and 6 Cassava processing plants in 2014
http://nannewsnigeria.com/fg-establish-10-integrated-rice-mills-6-cassava-processing-plants

We expect 7 rice mills to be set up in Kebbi
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/agriculture/33479-we-expect-7-rice-mills-to-be-set-up-in-kebbi

As at 2013, we already had 15 high-powered mills operating in the country between 2010 and 2013, 13 set up within 1 year
https://www.nairaland.com/1558518/videos-15-new-rice-mills

My question is how many mills has Buhari set up. The only people looking to set up a new mill is recent times is the Lagos state government investing in Kebbi state.

The rice farmers are even lucky that they had an exclusive agreement with the FG under GEJ, with the PMB government just following suit. The other farmers are having a tough time as fertilizers are hard to source these days, thanks to government's incompetency. If the fund hadn't been managed by the CBN, the outcome would have been very different.

You are arguing with stagger who has extensive knowledge of the agricultural terrain in Nigeria, when you can't even boast of one plot of farmland.

Do you think you can just sit in your house, wave a magic wand and then rice production would increase? Use your brain.

-Lord

Why do u make it look like Buhari isn't doing anything and quick to condemn his action even when it's good. Should Buhari destroy the existing mill and build new ones jst because he want to prove a point. If gej made enough effort like u claim, why was there scarcity of food when importation of rice was ban?

2 Likes

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 18, 2016
sara2007:

Please how much is a bag

1 Like

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by LordAdam: 2:58pm On Aug 18, 2016
4four:
but empty treasure is the brainchild of buari? u pple can be easily predictable, if anything good thing happen it is Gej even it almost two yrs he left office but if any bed thing happen it is Buari, i think that was d reason some of u tag him jesus of Otuke

Oga, define empty treasury?

Don't spread your ignorance or celebrate mediocrity.

Put a 6-year old in Aso rock and he would do the same or better than this you are celebrating. Or are you suggesting we thank Buhari for not effing up the rice sector like he did with the real economy?

You guys set an impossible standard for GEJ, I see no reason why Buhari should not receive the same treatment. After all, he claims to be plugging waste and fighting corruption.

When it was GEJ's turn, you guys said it was paper improvement, now it's Buhari and it should enter the Guinness Book of World records.

Anything short of reducing Nigeria's dependence on rice imports to less than 5% by 2019 is nothing but failure on Buhari's part. He looks set on doing just that--failing.

He has already sidelined Ebonyi and Anambra, two other major rice producers. We need holistic growth in the rice sector. We don't just need isolated good news from Kebbi, what about Kano, Kaduna, Katsina, Zamfara, Sokoto, Bauchi, Gombe, Niger, Kogi, Ogun, Ekiti, Ebonyi, Rivers, Anambra, Delta, Edo and Bayelsa States where Adesina also enacted tenets of the rice revolution? 1 state out of 18, and you are here celebrating Buhari.

If I give you back-hand now, them go say person do bad thing.

-Lord

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Ties Tree With Juju Cloth To Scare People, But See What Happened Next. Pics / A Day Old Foreign Turkeys Are For Sale In Ibadan / Tarpaulin Fish Pond Price List - Cost Of Different Sizes Of Mobile Fish Ponds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.