Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era (2448 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Accepted Dropping Absolute Biafra Demand Before Army Struck / PDP Chieftain, Cairo Ojougbo Reveals How Chibok Girls Release Failed Under GEJ / "Nigeria's Problem; Lack Of Will To Save Under GEJ .. Okonjo Iweala ... Cableng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era by youngaz(m): 3:05pm On Aug 18, 2016
Now lezz go 2 d mata....i saw a topic on FP sayin NDA wants to declare biafra independence on October 1st....bt my question is,why didn't dey demand for it during Gej's tenure?....d man is from the eastern part of d country why didn't he develop dat region wen he was in power...he didn't develop it and dose living there didn't complain...why are dey now complaining of d sorry state of d region in Buhari's regime?...dey said govt are taking their oil...was it nt from d same place oil was gotten unda GEJ?....and all d profits made on dose oils were being embezzled by our chief mrs (Allison Madueke)...and yet dey didn't complain of any foul play....Jonathan left d post 4 buhari dat is wen dey no dat Federal govt is nt paying dem enuff money..read a report too sometimes ago saying there was one part of Bayelsa dat doesn't ave water...dey drink water from d same river dey washed their clothes...unda jonathan no problem bt wen buhari entered dey started protesting dat govt negleted dem...i mean it's absurd...NDA or Biafra or warreva didn't do all diz tins unda jonathan...bt why are dey doin it now?.,..dey are bombing pipelines polluting their lands...@ least once in a week on Channels tv News @ ten u'll see pple complaining abt d sorry state of their farm land being destroyed by oil spillage...my question remains why didn't dey see dose faults in their states unda GEJ
Lalasticlala c'mon i need genuine and candid opinion on diz matter...get ur yansh down heregrin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era by llade(m): 3:06pm On Aug 18, 2016
I am from Bayelsa and must confess you wrote a nice piece here.

3 Likes

Re: Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era by nrexzy: 3:06pm On Aug 18, 2016
Because NDA n IPOB IPOB wasn't right....
Re: Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era by sarrki(m): 3:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
Nice one bro
Re: Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era by attackgat: 3:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
youngaz:
Now lezz go 2 d mata....i saw a topic on FP sayin NDA wants to declare biafra independence on October 1st....bt my question is,why didn't dey demand for it during Gej's tenure?....d man is from the eastern part of d country why didn't he develop dat region wen he was in power...he didn't develop it and dose living there didn't complain...why are dey now complaining of d sorry state of d region in Buhari's regime?...dey said govt are taking their oil...was it nt from d same place oil was gotten unda GEJ?....and all d profits made on dose oils were being embezzled by our chief mrs (Allison Madueke)...and yet dey didn't complain of any foul play....Jonathan left d post 4 buhari dat is wen dey no dat Federal govt is nt paying dem enuff money..read a report too sometimes ago saying there was one part of Bayelsa dat doesn't ave water...dey drink water from d same river dey washed their clothes...unda jonathan no problem bt wen buhari entered dey started protesting dat govt negleted dem...i mean it's absurd...NDA or Biafra or warreva didn't do all diz tins unda jonathan...bt why are dey doin it now?.,..dey are bombing pipelines polluting their lands...@ least once in a week on Channels tv News @ ten u'll see pple complaining abt d sorry state of their farm land being destroyed by oil spillage...my question remains why didn't dey see dose faults in their states unda GEJ

So you didn't hear of MASSOB since the days of OBJ? What did you think MASSOB was fighting for? The unity of Nigeria?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era by youngaz(m): 3:15pm On Aug 18, 2016
attackgat:

So you didn't hear of MASSOB since the days of OBJ? What did you think MASSOB was fighting for? The unity of Nigeria?
lol...hear urself out!...now u said MASSOB surfaced unda OBJ...agreed... wen Jonathan entered did we ear anytin from 'em?...NO...capital NO...GEJ left and unda Buhari..dey resurfaced again...are dey trying to pass a message across wit dah?

4 Likes

Re: Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era by attackgat: 3:18pm On Aug 18, 2016
youngaz:
lol...hear urself out!...now u said MASSOB surfaced unda OBJ...agreed... wen Jonathan entered did we ear anytin from 'em?...NO...capital NO...GEJ left and unda Buhari..dey resurfaced again...are dey trying to pass a message across wit dah?

Then say you didn't hear, because you were not listening. The agitation for Biafra has long been there, just because you heard of it now is not anyones problem

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era by youngaz(m): 3:24pm On Aug 18, 2016
attackgat:

Then say you didn't hear, because you were not listening. The agitation for Biafra has long been there, just because you heard of it now is not anyones problem
Damnit!...c'mon...why d agitation for Biafra didn't come unda GEJ's tenure remains my question here....why didn't dey threaten to bomb pipeline,why didn't dey threaten to bomb 3rd mainland bridge,why didn't dey broadcast it dat dey will declare independence even wen d president is up there...why didn't dey do all diz unda Jonathan...why unda Buhari...WHY!...WHY!!.....WHY!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 18, 2016
youngaz:

The reason is simple. Our pissful brother jona is on the throne. Whatsoever evil he does we will stand with him, it's better we share this money and hide our suffering to avoid Jona being criticise from people of the North.

Chai why jona hand over pissfuly to an A0ki the people we hate, the almajiris patience Jona call.

We will not take it, we cannot be rule by this people. we will declare our independence.

Now. Do your worst, go ahead and declare independence so that when Aerial bombardment started, it will be justified by international ORGANIZATIONS. Foolish people, hate will kill you.

You have legislators, ask them to submit your request 4 referendum, use the ballot to exist Nigeria and not via violence and opening yr crocodile mouths saying trash on Nairaland.

5 Likes

Re: Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era by lytech1(m): 3:30pm On Aug 18, 2016
Hardly will you see a normal man dancing without tune..

During GEJ administration,the economy was going smoothly,every one was happy.
by then,no one will think of been cheated...

Buhari came and wake the sleeping dog,make the economy so hard for people,increase fuel price,commodity price,drastical reduction in power supply,no job,empty campaign promise e.t.c without thinking of the implication on the masses...

Tell me why people won't think of been cheated?
Tell me why people won't voice out?
Tell me you are happy with the present state of the economy?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era by Maxi112: 3:30pm On Aug 18, 2016
[s]
youngaz:
Lalasticlala c'mon i need genuine and candid opinion on diz matter...get ur yansh down heregrin[/s]
and who told you that rubbish?

haven't you being hearing about massob

before the election, the leader of indigenous people of B through radio biafra, ask his listeners not to vote either of both part apc and pep

he made it clear that Jonathan will be chased out of office, and he was right.

let me make it categorically clear to you op, radio bia was there b4 nnamdi kanu... through a man called okoko ndem

my dear op, cross check your fact b4 spilling this kind of trash

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era by youngaz(m): 3:33pm On Aug 18, 2016
FriendChoice:

The reason is simple. Our pissful brother jona is on the throne. Whatsoever evil he does we will stand with him, it's better we share this money and hide our suffering to avoid Jona being criticise from people of the North.

Chai why jona hand over pissfuly to an A0ki the people we hate, the almajiris patience Jona call.

We will not take it, we cannot be rule by this people. we will declare our independence.

Now. Do your worst, go ahead and declare independence so that when Aerial bombardment started, it will be justified by international ORGANIZATIONS. Foolish people, hate will kill you.

You have legislators, ask them to submit your request 4 referendum, use the ballot to exist Nigeria and not via violence and opening yr crocodile mouths saying trash on Nairaland.
oh Lord ave mercy!!!....can u see wat u just typed..."any evil he does u're goin to stand with im"...and u call dat a president?...judging u by ur post it clearly shows dat u knew deep within u dat Jonathan was evil..."it's beta we share diz money dan to ruled by pple from d north"...d money dah shuld be used for d country u mean?...sharing it among ur self?....and buhari said it'll take years to transform Nigeria Y'all were shouting...u made diz country like diz no doubt 'bout it...sharing money...damn! I can't stop laffing....now d man is there to curb all form of corruption dazz wen u no dat u want to declare Biafra?....coz there's no money to share again right?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era by tomquest: 3:33pm On Aug 18, 2016

youngaz:

You've not been following sociopolitical developments in Nigeria in the last 20 years (including the Abacha era when Ken Saro-wiwa was executed).

Do you know the meaning of Buhari's 97/5 percent? Do you know the state of aggression and militancy in the Niger Delta before Yar Adua's (and GEJ's) historic peace efforts?

I don't know how much you read or understand events progression. Whatever heat the polity is witnessing today is all as a result of Buhari's brutal nepotism and despotic insensitivity to the age-long grumblings of these peoples which you've mentioned.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era by youngaz(m): 3:40pm On Aug 18, 2016
Maxi112:
[s] and who told you that rubbish?

haven't you being hearing about massob

before the election, the leader of indigenous people of B through radio biafra, ask his listeners not to vote either of both part apc and pep

he made it clear that Jonathan will be chased out of office, and he was right.

let me make it categorically clear to you op, radio bia was there b4 nnamdi kanu... through a man called okoko ndem

my dear op, cross check your fact b4 spilling this kind of trash

oh i see?....now listen...of course yes i no dat radio biafra has been in existence since only God knows ion care...now why did wait till d time of election b4 saying broadcasting all dose their sh!ts....am still very clear here...why didn't dey come out UNDER jonathan.....why wait till d time of election b4 saying pple shuld nt vote for PDP or APC...there's more to it dan meets d eye i tink?
Re: Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 18, 2016
youngaz:
oh Lord ave mercy!!!....can u see wat u just typed..."any evil he does u're goin to stand with im"...and u call dat a president?...judging u by ur post it clearly shows dat u knew deep within u dat Jonathan was evil..."it's beta we share diz money dan to ruled by pple from d north"...d money dah shuld be used for d country u mean?...sharing it among ur self?....and buhari said it'll take years to transform Nigeria Y'all were shouting...u made diz country like diz no doubt 'bout it...sharing money...damn! I can't stop laffing....now d man is there to curb all form of corruption dazz wen u no dat u want to declare Biafra?....coz there's no money to share again right?

You did not read it all.

Now. Do your worst, go ahead and declare
independence so that when Aerial bombardment
started, it will be justified by international
ORGANIZATIONS. Foolish people, hate will kill you.
You have legislators, ask them to submit your
request 4 referendum, use the ballot to exist Nigeria
and not via violence and opening yr crocodile
mouths saying trash on Nairaland.

I am just mocking them. Sarcasm
Re: Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era by Izonpikin: 3:51pm On Aug 18, 2016
after the five percentage statement and a flagrant disregard for the very region that feeds buharis people(my northern brothers)..

besides niger delta is clamoring for resource control, something we have always fought for...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era by ezugegere(m): 3:52pm On Aug 18, 2016
The answer to your question is simple: They were not tagged 5% under GEJ.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era by youngaz(m): 3:54pm On Aug 18, 2016
FriendChoice:

You did not read it all.

I am just mocking them. Sarcasm
gud....was tinking u meant it...4get i said dosewink

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era by Maxi112: 4:02pm On Aug 18, 2016
youngaz:
oh i see?....now listen...of course yes i no dat radio biafra has been in existence since only God knows ion care...now why did wait till d time of election b4 saying broadcasting all dose their sh!ts....am still very clear here...why didn't dey come out UNDER jonathan.....why wait till d time of election b4 saying pple shuld nt vote for PDP or APC...there's more to it dan meets d eye i tink?
let me educate you about radio bia.

(1)That radio station stated in the year 2009 #fact

(2) then nnamdi wasn't the person anchoring the program then, the person then was using only ibo language to broadcast, and the broadcast was done once a week, and the person is being paid befor he can broadcast #fact

(3) in radio bia.. do you know that nnamdi kanu has being arrested b4 by Jonathan? I guess you don't know, then radio bf wasn't having a wider coverage then... after his release he assured his followers never to give up, that was why they made sure radio bia is broadcasting in Nigeria.

why didn't them come under Jonathan? Ans bro they came but Jonathan ignored them unlike the dullard of daura...Who sworn to destroy the agitators, I happens to know what radio bf is through buhari him self.... don't blame gej blame pmb he gave them the popularity

why wait be4 the election befor telling them not to vote pdp and apc?Ans grin cheesy will he tell them after the election very laughable... he told his fellowers to bycut the election befor the election....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 18, 2016
[s]
ezugegere:
The answer to your question is simple: They were not tagged 5% under GEJ.
[/s]

Not really. How can they be tagged as 5% when they massively voted 4 him. (Jona)
Re: Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era by 12Monkeys: 4:06pm On Aug 18, 2016
Why did boko haram members surrender en masse during boko buhari and not Jonathan

Why is the bbog movement dead under buhari even though the girls are yet to be rescued

3 Likes

Re: Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era by Ngozi123(f): 4:13pm On Aug 18, 2016
youngaz:

Radio B.iafra was out in full force under GEJ's administration. The difference between now and then is that they didn't get as much publicity under GEJ's administration as they do now. This newfound awareness is mostly due to Buhari's over aggressive reactions to the pro-separatist groups, notably the illegal detainment of Nnamdi Kanu, murdering peaceful IPOB protestors and engaging in a full out war with the Niger Delta militants. None of these things happened under GEJ and that, in addition to the ever increasing hardships suffered by those in the SS and SE due to the incompetency of the incumbent government, is the reason for the rise in support for these groups.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era by Funlordjnr: 4:14pm On Aug 18, 2016
Simple! Because loot and excess ogogoro bin dey flow each their side that time!

Now as owu don show story don change!
Re: Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era by Funlordjnr: 4:15pm On Aug 18, 2016
angry
Re: Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era by Ngozi123(f): 4:20pm On Aug 18, 2016
Maxi112:
let me educate you about radio bia.

(1)That radio station stated in the year 2009 #fact

(2) then nnamdi wasn't the person anchoring the program then, the person then was using only ibo language to broadcast, and the broadcast was done once a week, and the person is being paid befor he can broadcast #fact

(3) in radio bia.. do you know that nnamdi kanu has being arrested b4 by Jonathan? I guess you don't know, then radio bf wasn't having a wider coverage then... after his release he assured his followers never to give up, that was why they made sure radio bia is broadcasting in Nigeria.

why didn't them come under Jonathan? Ans bro they came but Jonathan ignored them unlike the dullard of daura...Who sworn to destroy the agitators, I happens to know what radio bf is through buhari him self.... don't blame gej blame pmb he gave them the popularity

why wait be4 the election befor telling them not to vote pdp and apc?Ans grin cheesy will he tell them after the election very laughable... he told his fellowers to bycut the election befor the election....

I wish that I could give 1000 likes for this post!

There were plenty of threads on Nairaland discussing/complaining about radio B.iafra during GEJ's administration. It was before I officially joined but I remember reading about it while I was still lurking on the forum. The people who say it only came to light after APC's victory must have joined after the 2015 elections.

2 Likes

Re: Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era by Abagworo(m): 4:35pm On Aug 18, 2016
@OP there was no genuine agitation for Biafra and there is still none. It's politics rooted in the inability of some people to hold on to power. Hopefully they will be exposed soon for all of us to know.
Re: Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era by Maxi112: 4:39pm On Aug 18, 2016
Ngozi123:

I wish that I could give 1000 likes for this post!

There were plenty of threads on Nairaland discussing/complaining about radio B.iafra during GEJ's administration. It was before I officially joined but I remember reading about it while I was still lurking on the forum. The people who say it only came to light after APC's victory must have joined after the 2015 elections.
thanks alot you're kind.

btw... I'm a rivers man, I don't know anything about bia this or that. I only believe in Niger delta garbage. I knew about the it when the dullard of daura, a man with out certificate, the only head of state that was over thrown without a single gun shut grin cheesy oh gawd! grin when he tries to jam their radio station and he failed, his agent went to Nigeria info to peddle fake news like always.

7pm I tuned in to that station to comfirm if what I had in the radio was right... to my greatest suprise the radio is broadcasting with daring buhari

That was when I took it upon my self to make a research about the station... I don't blame those tagging the radio rubbish... Cause they are just an average black man! who will clown around if not them? grin cause they are too lazy to make a common research.they are only good at marrying numerous wife making babys grin using our money to do ranka dede cheesy

That was how I became addicted to it, I learnt so many thing...

it makes me believe the word Niger delta is fraudulent...

dear...the argument behind the issue of bf can never be defeated in anywhere... what ever you've bring it on and be disgraced...

thanks ones more

5 Likes

Re: Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era by omolami: 6:24pm On Aug 18, 2016
Time, when under whose administration to demand separation/independence by NDA is not an issue. Let the geographical expression be separated. It is their right to demand for it.
Re: Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era by outknow: 6:38pm On Aug 18, 2016
In Nnamdi Kanu's Voice "...Buhari is a paedophile, he raped a nine year old girl. When you are shaking buhari, that is the hand that raped a minor, an innocent 9year old girl. He is a tyrant,he will crumble the economy.imbecilic jonathan was pushed out of office by hausa fulani.He is an imbecille. Biafra is nearer under tyrant buhari than under imbecilic jonathan.buhari will not agree, he will make us popular.freedom fighting is better now.Anything i tell you to do, do it. My goodness me. Emeka gift prepare a tweet. Twitter will be on fire this evening, we are
tweeting America today....we must continue..."

Truly truly , I am missing this dude

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era by Noneroone(m): 6:43pm On Aug 18, 2016
Abagworo:
@OP there was no genuine agitation for Biafra and there is still none. It's politics rooted in the inability of some people to hold on to power. Hopefully they will be exposed soon for all of us to know.
you're not exposing anything 'cos nothing is hidden. You need to learn one thing about igbo. An average Igbo is not a power freak. An average igboman is more of an economic being than a political one. He prefers a good environment where he can conduct business, earn cool cash, excel in other fields and live a comfortable life. Hausa/fulanis are the ones who to rule whether they can or no, whether he is successful or not, educated or not. He measures success in terms of power while Igbos do so in terms of wealth. It is therefore unfair to say Igbos are fighting for Biafra 'cos the cant rule nigeria 'cos if it was the north who hasnt ruled the country since 1960 the country would've exploded. Igbos are after Biafra b'cos the system in Nigeria doesnt favour capitalist and egalitarian lifestyle . There is so much bitterness, hatred, envy and fight against them. Therefore the hausa and yoruba can easily exploit our cool headed approch to power and implement this hatred at the government level, stopping us from achieving our full potentials. We must extricate ourselves from this system and live out to our full potentials if we must survive as a race that is why Biafra is inevitable.

3 Likes

Re: Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era by jmoore(m): 6:46pm On Aug 18, 2016
Because Buhari declared himself as the President of '97%', not the whole of Nigeria when he made that foolish '5% statement'.
Re: Why Didn't Niger Delta/biafra Demand For Separation Under Gej's Era by Dainfamous: 7:00pm On Aug 18, 2016
Question is will Sw/northern bigoted people allow Gej to build anything in the eastern region?look at common Enugu int airport they wanted to eat Stella raw.jealous and envy from them can destroy any good thing coming up to reality.

Lets pay them back with their own coins, the new generation will never again allow such things you don't wait for it to cool down give those hateful prickks pay back immediately trust me is the only way...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another Lie Exposed:Here Is What Buhari Wont Tell U Abt N5, 000/month Stipend / PDP Youths Reacts To Former Vice President Atiku Return To PDP / Boko Haram: US Finally Reacts To Release Of Dapchi Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.