Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

The Nigeria I Know ( A Chronicles ) Day 2 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigeria I Know ( A Chronicles ) Day 2 (327 Views)

Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 / Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates / Updates-Day 2 Of Bukola Saraki Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Nigeria I Know ( A Chronicles ) Day 2 by maestro2000(m): 6:37pm On Aug 18, 2016
[center] Qui Si Convien Lasciare Ogni Sospetto

Ogni Vitta´ Convien Che Qui Sia Morta

Here Must All Distrust Be Left

All Cowardice Must Here Be Dead[/center]

For today I was going to focus on the government and start from where I stopped last time, but an incidence made me have a rethink and forego the government bashing for now. My grouse today is the citizenry and its perception. Some might wonder why I am tackling this particular issue today. Well, the state of our nation shows that values have eroded, we celebrate mediocrity, worship nepotism and are quick to assault ourselves in regards to our tribes. We are worse than slave masters and we manifest the highest form of racism against ourselves. We segregate ourselves further on religion and bully ourselves online, on the streets and at every given opportunity. Remarks like “afonja, Yoruba, Igbo, biafrauds, gworo chewing etc” have become so common place that we fling these words around carelessly without a thought of what impact these words might have. Annoying is the fact that even the educated amongst us are slowly being dragged into this, wherefore are we then headed as a nation? As a country? And as a people?

I digress a lot I fear, however there is just so much to say and apparently little time or space to do this. I was on Nairaland today and stumbled on a thread about Donald Trump insulting Nigeria. I read all through the article and a smile creased my face when I read the closing remarks which is

“LAST LINE:

WHAT IF TELL YOU THE ABOVE IS AN IMAGINED OUTBURST FROM TRUMP? IT. ACTUALLY, IS.”
[i][/i]

I decided to read through the comments and was appalled by what I saw. Insults were being thrown around, first at the perceived enemy Trump, then against each poster depending on the tribe you are from. Are we so descended low that we lack an iota of sense to understand that first the article was intended as a satire to reflect the sad state of affairs in the country. Why then are we so quick to not comprehend but to resort to insulting a perceived enemy “though one must say Trump might have been a tad too forward in certain statements’ and then turning on ourselves!!!.

Its sad where we find ourselves but education which should ensure the learned are able to comprehend and reflect accordingly has so far not proved a saving grace maybe because the education sector is “rubbish”.

As for the government and a certain Army HQ, remember we are a democracy………..

WRITTEN BY : GUY FAWKES

http://megasblog.com/2016/08/18/the-nigeria-i-know-a-chronicles-day-2/

(1) (Reply)

Full Speech Of Pres Buhari At The Association Of African Central Banks / Dear Buhari, At Times Confession Is Not Cowardice By Ehi Ekhator / Fed Govt Ready To Borrow From Afdb, World Bank, China Exim Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.