Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,383 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Germany Or Nigeria? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Germany Or Nigeria? (345 Views)

Germany Job Seeker Visa Opportunity / Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! / Germany Or Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Germany Or Nigeria? by Rollit: 8:35pm On Aug 18, 2016
I presently work in a private energy firm, with a decent pay of between 150 to 200k. However, the prospect for growth is very small. I mean, I may be on this pay for 4 to 5 years even with a good performance. I have gained admission into a highly rated German university to study Power engineering. I wont be paying tuition. I think studying this course will open a lot of career opportunities for me, ranging from positions in the likes of Siemens; General Electric; Total and Shell (which are now operating a renewable energy division) However, the dilemma for me now is that I do not want to leave this job for the uncertain. In the Nigeria of today, many would kill to have this job. So, I have been thinking, are there professional courses or programmes I can do part-time while working that will make me worthy of taking up a position in this coveted coys? Or, is there a masters programme (power-related or not) in a Nigerian university that is highly regarded that can land me this same position as I would, going for the Msc programme I have secured in Germany? I have got a Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering.

Mods, a lot of input would make me better informed. Please, I would appreciate a spot on the front page. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Study Abroad!let Us Help You Find, Select,and Apply To Schools Around The World! / What Is The Best Way One Can Get A Promotion In This Country? / Idq And Mdm Online Training By Working Professionals From India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.