Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,587 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Germany Or Nigeria? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Germany Or Nigeria? (979 Views)

Germany Job Seeker Visa Opportunity / Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! / Germany Or Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Germany Or Nigeria? by Rollit: 8:40pm On Aug 18, 2016
I presently work in a private energy firm, with a decent pay of between 150 to 200k. However, the prospect for growth is very small. I mean, I may be on this pay for 4 to 5 years even with a good performance. I have gained admission into a highly rated German university to study Power engineering. I wont be paying tuition. I think studying this course will open a lot of career opportunities for me, ranging from positions in the likes of Siemens; General Electric; Total and Shell (which are now operating a renewable energy division) However, the dilemma for me now is that I do not want to leave this job for the uncertain. In the Nigeria of today, many would kill to have this job. So, I have been thinking, are there professional courses or programmes I can do part-time while working that will make me worthy of taking up a position in this coveted coys? Or, is there a masters programme (power-related or not) in a Nigerian university that is highly regarded that can land me this same position as I would, going for the Msc programme I have secured in Germany? I have got a Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering.

Mods, a lot of input would make me better informed. Please, I would appreciate a spot on the front page. Thank you.
Re: Germany Or Nigeria? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 8:57pm On Aug 18, 2016
Bro to be Frank with yo... If you have money for the Block Account you need to open as a student, Get the hell outta this poo hole called Nigeria...

Travel abroad, Study and get a Job there...

Relax and start earning in Euros...

sooner or later. you start touring round the world...

Thank me later ..

1 Like

Re: Germany Or Nigeria? by Rollit: 9:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:
Bro to be Frank with yo... If you have money for the Block Account you need to open as a student, Get the hell outta this poo hole called Nigeria...

Travel abroad, Study and get a Job there...

Relax and start earning in Euros...

sooner or later. you start touring round the world...

Thank me later ..
You seem to know about studying in Germany. Yes, there's such thing as a blocked account to be opened. Getting a job in Germany after studying is not without its owm difficulties. There's the German language to deal with.
Re: Germany Or Nigeria? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 9:46pm On Aug 18, 2016
Rollit:

You seem to know about studying in Germany. Yes, there's such thing as a blocked account to be opened. Getting a job in Germany after studying is not without its owm difficulties. There's the German language to deal with.

Look at you... You wana stay in your comfort zone ooo...??

If you can survive in Nigeria, can't you learn German??... Cant you hustle??

I just tire for you...
Re: Germany Or Nigeria? by futurewise11(m): 6:28am On Aug 19, 2016
Rollit:

How much is 150k? People who earn more than you are looking for escape route out of nigeria.

Firstly you cant get visa anymore due to block account and theres no more available appointment date for winter 2016 student visa applicant.

I will be in your school city next weekend, expect some pictures.
Re: Germany Or Nigeria? by Rollit: 8:49am On Aug 19, 2016
futurewise11:

How much is 150k? People who earn more than you are looking for escape route out of nigeria.

Firstly you cant get visa anymore due to block account and theres no more available appointment date for winter 2016 student visa applicant.

I will be in your school city next weekend, expect some pictures.
I have had my interview already. I only need to fund the blocked acct. Wch school are you heading to?
Re: Germany Or Nigeria? by futurewise11(m): 12:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
Rollit:

I have had my interview already. I only need to fund the blocked acct. Wch school are you heading to?

I'm already here already....apply for Form A and fund your account.

Your visa has been processed already by the auslanderbehorde ( foriegners office) here...go and fund then pick up your visa.

Mein zwei lofel
Re: Germany Or Nigeria? by Rollit: 8:37am On Aug 20, 2016
I need more inputs, please. cc CrazyMan, 1forall. Front page, please.
Re: Germany Or Nigeria? by Joysmart(f): 3:02pm On Aug 20, 2016
Rollit:
I presently work in a private energy firm, with a decent pay of between 150 to 200k. However, the prospect for growth is very small. I mean, I may be on this pay for 4 to 5 years even with a good performance. I have gained admission into a highly rated German university to study Power engineering. I wont be paying tuition. I think studying this course will open a lot of career opportunities for me, ranging from positions in the likes of Siemens; General Electric; Total and Shell (which are now operating a renewable energy division) However, the dilemma for me now is that I do not want to leave this job for the uncertain. In the Nigeria of today, many would kill to have this job. So, I have been thinking, are there professional courses or programmes I can do part-time while working that will make me worthy of taking up a position in this coveted coys? Or, is there a masters programme (power-related or not) in a Nigerian university that is highly regarded that can land me this same position as I would, going for the Msc programme I have secured in Germany? I have got a Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering.

Mods, a lot of input would make me better informed. Please, I would appreciate a spot on the front page. Thank you.
My brother Germany it is o
The value of that your 150k is wiping off everyday as a matter of fact it's worth about 75k now compared to last year so it's not worth risking such a golden opportunity for
If you have the means please fly out ASAP
Power engineering is very lucrative by the way
Good luck with whatever Choice you finally make

Unless you don't have block account money which is understandable but if you do my brother don't even blink
Re: Germany Or Nigeria? by Tkayhandsome(m): 5:06pm On Aug 20, 2016
If I have my way, I won't spend a night in Nigeria
Re: Germany Or Nigeria? by teddyYz: 7:11pm On Aug 20, 2016
Joysmart:
My brother Germany it is o
The value of that your 150k is wiping off everyday as a matter of fact it's worth about 75k now compared to last year so it's not worth risking such a golden opportunity for
If you have the means please fly out ASAP
Power engineering is very lucrative by the way
Good luck with whatever Choice you finally make

Unless you don't have block account money which is understandable but if you do my brother don't even blink
Please, how much is the required block account money?

(1) (Reply)

Salary Of Logistic Manager In Alpha -beta Consulting / Programs Similar To Afrika Kommt / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.