Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,543 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

I Dumped My Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Dumped My Religion (1827 Views)

I Have No Religion. Love Is My Religion! / Woman Disrupts Church Service In Kenya, Claims Pastor Dumped Her For Another / Losing My Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Dumped My Religion by blacksahara: 11:11pm On Aug 18, 2016
For years I've been contemplating the God issue vis a vis heaven, hell and the likes. But today I made the big step and now I'm an atheist. Do I feel peace within me? Nope, because I dread the moment it'll come out. Do I feel I've made the right choice? Tbh, I can't say for now. But I believe time will tell and prove me right.

I know Christians alongside muslims will look to insult me, or convince me to change my mind. Please save it and respect my decision
Just the same way I've decoded that I won't attack or insult any believer of faith. Everybody has the right to pick their choice.

I was born into a strong Christian home but I don't feel God. If there is, then I think He's unfair and I'm not down for that.

I don't know how to break it to my folks. I know y friends will take it as it is even tho they'll resent me for it.

My relationship? I can kiss it goodbye, cos my girl will break it off with me the moment I tell her. I don't want to lose her neither do I want to keep a secret from her and mislead her.

My family? My parents will probably disown me. My siblings may leave me and respect my decision, but I know my parents especially my mom will not.

To the atheists in the house, how did u come out? How do u handle the stigmatisation? I know my chances of having a relationship is next to zero.

I need advise because sooner or later I have to cone out.

1 Like

Re: I Dumped My Religion by HungerBAD: 11:13pm On Aug 18, 2016
You are an adult and i do respect your decision.

But there is a God in Heaven.

Hahn come and see your new brother. He should be able to guide you.

Hahn where u dey?

2 Likes

Re: I Dumped My Religion by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 18, 2016
I hate Religion too.
But I believe there's a creator aka GOD.
I like to believe He doesn't meddle with our affairs.

2 Likes

Re: I Dumped My Religion by Pidggin(f): 11:30pm On Aug 18, 2016
Obviously you've been an athiest for a while now. Whom are you trying to deceive?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dumped My Religion by blacksahara: 11:33pm On Aug 18, 2016
Pidggin:
Obviously you've been an athiest for a while now. Whom are you trying to deceive?
Did u not read the begining of the post? Who says I'm deceiving anyone? If you don't like the post will thunder strike u, if u keep quiet?

4 Likes

Re: I Dumped My Religion by Pidggin(f): 11:36pm On Aug 18, 2016
blacksahara:

Did u not read the begining of the post? Who says I'm deceiving anyone? If you don't like the post will thunder strike u, if u keep quiet?

Why hide behind an alternate moniker since this is an anonymous forum?

Modified: Haha, this OP just tried to send me a PM grin
Re: I Dumped My Religion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:42pm On Aug 18, 2016
LMAOoo .... winner01 , 4evagod , richirich713 , felixomor , naijadeyhia atheists now create new monikers to spew lies

This is the nadir of desperation

LMAOOOOOOOOO

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Dumped My Religion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:43pm On Aug 18, 2016
Pidggin:

This is so true . A desperate atheist created this moniker to deceive gullible people .

Lwtmb

My God !!! grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: I Dumped My Religion by Pidggin(f): 11:46pm On Aug 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

This is so true . A desperate atheist created this moniker to deceive gullible people .

Lwtmb

My God !!! grin grin grin

Lol this is a counter thread to TheSixthSense conversation story grin there is nothing these folks won't do for attention

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Dumped My Religion by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 18, 2016
Your life, your choice..

You can force a horse to the stream but you can't force it to drink from it... Enough said!

1 Like

Re: I Dumped My Religion by ifenes(m): 11:49pm On Aug 18, 2016
blacksahara:
For years I've been contemplating the God issue vis a vis heaven, hell and the likes. But today I made the big step and now I'm an atheist. Do I feel peace within me? Nope, because I dread the moment it'll come out. Do I feel I've made the right choice? Tbh, I can't say for now. But I believe time will tell and prove me right.

I know Christians alongside muslims will look to insult me, or convince me to change my mind. Please save it and respect my decision
Just the same way I've decoded that I won't attack or insult any believer of faith. Everybody has the right to pick their choice.

I was born into a strong Christian home but I don't feel God. If there is, then I think He's unfair and I'm not down for that.

I don't know how to break it to my folks. I know y friends will take it as it is even tho they'll resent me for it.

My relationship? I can kiss it goodbye, cos my girl will break it off with me the moment I tell her. I don't want to lose her neither do I want to keep a secret from her and mislead her.

My family? My parents will probably disown me. My siblings may leave me and respect my decision, but I know my parents especially my mom will not.

To the atheists in the house, how did u come out? How do u handle the stigmatisation? I know my chances of having a relationship is next to zero.

Know that you are not alone,so be honest about being an Atheist. I pays to open up. It may be rough at first but you will realize that was the best decision

Always think for yourself and do not jump on anyone's belief or bandwagon. Learn to listen to your heart because within is the real you.

Being an Atheist is no excuse to do whatever you like. Remember you will always be responsible for your actions. Be nice and respectful to people because that way you can contribute to a better society.

Continue to keep an open mind.

Family may reject you but do understand alone you came and alone you will need to sort yourself out. We live in a world of abundance,there is no way you will lack your basic need. Somehow you will sort yourself out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dumped My Religion by braithwaite(m): 11:51pm On Aug 18, 2016

You're an atheist now : weldone..that's if your story z genuine. You create this moniker today sef.. ur first topic kwa.. oga tell us more

(You can't turn a hoe to an house-wife ..that shit z true ) snz

Prepare yourself for eternal damnation from the religious folks..

2 Likes

Re: I Dumped My Religion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:53pm On Aug 18, 2016
Pidggin:

Lol this is a counter thread to TheSixthSense conversation story grin there is nothing these folks won't do for attention

as in ... and there are so many of such threads out there !!! shocked shocked shocked . Full of lies

Atheists are very deceitful .!!! Well , what do you expect from exponents of a false belief grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Dumped My Religion by blacksahara: 11:55pm On Aug 18, 2016
Pidggin:

Why hide behind an alternate moniker since this is an anonymous forum?

Am I angry bout ur comment? No. You think this is easy for me? All my relationships are as good as ruined and all you care about is to make senseless allegations?

To begin with this is my first time in the religion section.

I wish you don't go through what I'm going through right now. For ur info, it's not an easy process. I'm almost at tears right now. Nothing makes sense to me.
Re: I Dumped My Religion by blacksahara: 11:57pm On Aug 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

as in ... and there are so many of such threads out there !!! shocked shocked shocked . Full of lies

Atheists are very deceitful .!!! Well , what do you expect from exponents of a false belief grin
I won't argue with you bout belief or faith cos I've decided I won't tow that line. I respect others decision. I actually advise anyone that has a faith to stick with it.
You just can understand, its like hell within me.
Re: I Dumped My Religion by blacksahara: 11:58pm On Aug 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
LMAOoo .... winner01 , 4evagod , richirich713 , felixomor , naijadeyhia atheists now create new monikers to spew lies

This is the nadir of desperation

LMAOOOOOOOOO
Wrong.
Re: I Dumped My Religion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:59pm On Aug 18, 2016
blacksahara:

Am I angry bout ur comment? No. You think this is easy for me? All my relationships are as good as ruined and all you care about is to make senseless allegations?

I wish you don't go through what I'm going through right now. For ur info, it's not an easy process. I'm almost at tears right now. Nothing makes sense to me.

Only fools will be deceived by this grin grin grin . Look at them trying to appeal to emotions wink . There is no proof whatsoever that you are telling the truth .

I'm outta here . Gosh . I'm disgusted by this attitude from you atheists .

3 Likes

Re: I Dumped My Religion by Pidggin(f): 12:00am On Aug 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

grin cheesy I expect him to come back with a supposedly valid excuse for using an alternate moniker
Re: I Dumped My Religion by blacksahara: 12:00am On Aug 19, 2016
Please note I'm not here to preach atheism. If you practise a religion, stick to it. If I can draw so much hate from ppl that don't even knw me, hell will have no fury like those that do.
Re: I Dumped My Religion by blacksahara: 12:02am On Aug 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Only fools will be deceived by this grin grin grin . Look at them trying to appeal to emotions wink . There is no proof whatsoever that you are telling the truth .

I'm outta here . Gosh . I'm disgusted at this attitude from you atheists .
How hard is it for u to understand the fact that I'm not preaching atheism. Emotion play? Yes you are right because I can't help it
Re: I Dumped My Religion by blacksahara: 12:04am On Aug 19, 2016
Pidggin:

grin cheesy I expect him to come back with a supposedly valid excuse for using an alternate moniker
And will you believe me if I tell u that I have a thousand monikers?
Your thinking is really shallow.
Re: I Dumped My Religion by Pidggin(f): 12:08am On Aug 19, 2016
blacksahara:

I am not making senseless allegations, I know exactly what I am saying but you won't understand because you don't know what the Holy Spirit is capable of smiley

First of all you attack me for exposing you, now you try acting all emotional?

Keep deceiving people if you like, bye smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Dumped My Religion by blacksahara: 12:08am On Aug 19, 2016
ifenes:

Know that you are not alone,so be honest about being an Atheist. I pays to open up. It may be rough at first but you will realize that was the best decision

Always think for yourself and do not jump on anyone's belief or bandwagon. Learn to listen to your heart because within is the real you.

Being an Atheist is no excuse to do whatever you like. Remember you will always be responsible for your actions. Be nice and respectful to people because that way you can contribute to a better society.

Continue to keep an open mind.

Family may reject you but do understand alone you came and alone you will need to sort yourself out. We live in a world of abundance,there is no way you will lack your basic need. Somehow you will sort yourself out.

Thanks. Advice noted
Re: I Dumped My Religion by blacksahara: 12:11am On Aug 19, 2016
Pidggin:

I am not making senseless allegations, I know exactly what I am saying but you won't understand because you don't know what the Holy Spirit is capable of smiley

First of all you attack me for exposing you, now you try acting all emotional?

Keep deceiving people if you like, bye smiley
Expose what exactly? That I've had my opinions for a long time? That was stated

Believe me whether u like or not. This evening I told God that if He is actually real and can hear me, He should give me a sign. I'm hoping I'll get one but it doesn't look like nothing is coming.

About emotion. Do u really expect me to be joyous at this point?
Re: I Dumped My Religion by Davidhero(m): 12:30am On Aug 19, 2016
Ehen, u be Atheist. Fine
Re: I Dumped My Religion by Nobody: 12:44am On Aug 19, 2016
Blacksahara you lie faster than the shots from an AK47. LMAO

What a desperado! Gosh Atheists disgust me with their level of envy and hypocrisy. Chai

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dumped My Religion by Pidggin(f): 12:55am On Aug 19, 2016
blacksahara:

Expose what exactly? That I've had my opinions for a long time? That was stated

Believe me whether u like or not. [/b]This evening I told God that if He is actually real and can hear me, He should give me a sign. I'm hoping I'll get one but it doesn't look like nothing is coming. [b]

About emotion. Do u really expect me to be joyous at this point?

See how you are contradicting yourself? grin this is what you posted "I know Christians alongside Muslims will look to insult me or convince me to change my mind, please save it and respect my decision" "I was born into a Christian family but I don't feel God, if He is real then I think He is unfair and I am not down with that" are you now the same person telling me you asked God for a sign to prove He is real today? Trying to act as if you want to be converted or something when you've already judged Him

I thought you said your decision has already been made and that no one should try to convince you otherwise?

The more you post the more you contradict and confuse yourself.

My brother I know your intention behind this thread, God loves you please do not quote me again as I will not respond. Good luck to you and yours

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Dumped My Religion by wiegraf: 12:58am On Aug 19, 2016
If you're still dependent on your parents then you need not tell them

In fact, don't, for now

1 Like

Re: I Dumped My Religion by Nobody: 4:10am On Aug 19, 2016
blacksahara:

Most atheists here live in the closest. Some are serious evangelists out there. wink -Fake atheists grin

SirWere is just like you. He should be able to advise you.
Re: I Dumped My Religion by blacksahara: 4:41am On Aug 19, 2016
Pidggin:

See how you are contradicting yourself? grin this is what you posted "I know Christians alongside Muslims will look to insult me or convince me to change my mind, please save it and respect my decision" "I was born into a Christian family but I don't feel God, if He is real then I think He is unfair and I am not down with that" are you now the same person telling me you asked God for a sign to prove He is real today? Trying to act as if you want to be converted or something when you've already judged Him

I thought you said your decision has already been made and that no one should try to convince you otherwise?

The more you post the more you contradict and confuse yourself.

My brother I know your intention behind this thread, God loves you please do not quote me again as I will not respond. Good luck to you and yours
Whether u rrespond or not is ur business. I did not contradict myself. Asking God (if He exists) to prove himself was a last option for me, because I really feel that if He does He won't let met go 'astray' but guess what He didn't.
Re: I Dumped My Religion by blacksahara: 4:43am On Aug 19, 2016
naijadeyhia:
Blacksahara you lie faster than the shots from an AK47. LMAO

What a desperado! Gosh Atheists disgust me with their level of envy and hypocrisy. Chai
And you are a human polygraph? Envy what or who exactly? You? I think I'll pass. U don't even know me yet if u v d chance u'll shoot me before u shoot d devil u believe in.
Re: I Dumped My Religion by blacksahara: 4:44am On Aug 19, 2016
Muafrika2:

Most atheists here live in the closest. Some are serious evangelists out there. wink -Fake atheists grin

SirWere is just like you. He should be able to advise you.
To be honest, my family is my main concern. I'm not interested in been loud or to disturb ppl bout it. Everybody has the right to make their choice.

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Tried To Change Me / My Spirit Of Divination And The Need To Discard It / Once Saved Always Saved?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.