Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

I Have No Religion. Love Is My Religion! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have No Religion. Love Is My Religion! (1005 Views)

Religion, Love, And Hatred / Taking A Bullet For Someone You Love Is Stealing – Apostle Suleman / I Believe In God, I Believe In No Religion, What Am I ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have No Religion. Love Is My Religion! by joeloseiga: 8:44pm On Mar 01, 2017
So I haven’t written anything on this platform in years. I am back and I hope to continue writing for a long time. How have you been dear reader? What has life been offering you and how has your head been filtering these things.
My life has been great, so many wonderful things have happened to me between seven months ago and now. I have read more books, visited more places and gained more overall knowledge.
Also, I got a security column with signalng.com; “Doing the Cyber”. Awesome name yea? I got that name from the twitter name of @larimah , my column has been awesome I must admit and my readers are growing constantly. Apart from that, more of my articles have been published by many major newspapers in Nigeria it has been a very awesome and busy series of months.

“All my days I’ve been searching,
To find out what this life is worth
Through the books and bibles of time
I’ve made up my mind
I don’t condemn, I don’t convert,
This is a calling have you heard
Bring all the lovers to the fold,
‘Cause no one is gonna lose their soul
Love is my religion,
Love is my religion,
Love is my religion
Hey you can take it or leave it,
And you don’t have to believe it”
-Ziggy Marley

The past few years have been very long ones for me. I have been on a soul-searching process to answer the basic questions of life that pertains to me; Why do I do the things I do? What is the essence of life? What do I stand for? My mother’s death in 2015 (her tribute is here ) opened my eyes to how vulnerable we human beings are and how short and fragile life is. Although her death remains fresh in my memory, the fact that the world has moved on (myself inclusive) really brings to fore the fragility of life and how fast and suddenly it can be taken from you. Apparently, the faster these questions are answered, the more reasonable passing through life will be.
As a young man who grew up in a highly conservative Christian family and took a lot of interest in spiritual things on the journey of communication with the unseen God. I have read books upon books on almost every major religion on earth (They all have their excesses I must admit). This brings to fore my ideal concept of individual faith vs organised religion. What do you believe and what can you interpret from your holy book? Apparently, unless we choose to deceive ourselves, every religious leader preaches the “We are good and others are bad” or better still; “We are on the right path, the others will perish” message. That horrible label exists!
” I am a Christian and I do not want to mix with unbelievers”. ” Muslims should have nothing to do with unbelievers”. That label has brought more sadness and evil to this world than any other of our earth’s problems.
Proper observations will reveal that the teachings of almost every religion are humanity’s striving to understand their relationship with a Creator. Studying these teachings with understanding of the current situations of the earth considering the fact that these things were taught at a different time entirely can only lead to a better understanding of one’s relationship, purpose and place in the universe. The heart draws one naturally to the sacred places.
Personally, I am not interested in living life in a very limited and ignorant way where I identify myself with a label and then reject everything and everyone who doesn’t wear the same label that I do. Not only do labels separate people, they also create imaginary barriers and walls then cause us to hate, fight and look down on each other. Life is too short for me to live mine that way.
I am not interested in being trapped by dogma which in fact is all about living with the results of other people’s thinking. I want to experience the world through my own senses. I want to KNOW things, not to believe things. I want to KNOW things because I myself experienced and lived them, and not because somebody told me I should believe them.
If you spend your life arguing about who is right and who is wrong, what religion is good and what religion is wrong, you will have no time left to know and experience God. And you will have no time left to experience the power and the greatness that comes from practicing the things that all these holy books teach us.
Love is the message of all religions. Love, kindness, peace, forgiveness, compassion and unity. And if you can welcome these in your heart, chances are that you will no longer care that much whether the world sees you as a Christian, a Buddhist, a Muslim, a Hinduist or a Jew; You will no longer care about arguing who is right and who is wrong, what religion is good, and what religion is right. You will be so busy LOVING and BEing, that you will have no time left to argue, nor will you be interested in doing so. The love of God is already within us, but also in all the temples, churches, mosques and all the places of worship. And for those who have found the love of God in their hearts, they will also recognize the love of God in all these places but also in everything and everyone. Because God is everything and in everyone. As Ricardo Arjona, a famous singer from Guatemala said in his song: “religion is nothing but a method with the title: forbidden to think, everything is written”.
To some extent, I am done searching now and I have found out what this life is worth. Not in the books or bibles of time did I find but by searching my mind. I don’t condemn, I don’t convert. This is the calling, have you heard? Bring all the lovers to the fold because no one is going to lose their soul. When I look at you, I don’t see a Christian, Muslim, a Hindu, a Buddhist or any other religion. I see God playing a dress up game. Love is my Religion, you can take it or leave it, you don’t have to believe it.
NB: This post is an extract from my blog.
Visit joeloseiga. for other articles.
Re: I Have No Religion. Love Is My Religion! by luvmijeje(f): 8:56pm On Mar 01, 2017
Op you're contradicting yourself Love is your religion definitely means you have a religion.

Anyway, how are you going to express this religion in terms of service to your neighbors and society at large?

Not trying to put label on people is tolerance and not love. So kindly redefine your love religion.

1 Like

Re: I Have No Religion. Love Is My Religion! by GodsMopol: 9:06pm On Mar 01, 2017
God is Love, evidently, you are a product of Gods love

3 Likes

Re: I Have No Religion. Love Is My Religion! by mumumugu(m): 10:12pm On Mar 01, 2017
i have fallen in love with you and your post. In short, you deserve a free kis from me

1 Like

Re: I Have No Religion. Love Is My Religion! by joeloseiga: 11:00pm On Mar 01, 2017
Thank you very much. You can follow me for more posts. Thanks.
mumumugu:
i have fallen in love with you and your post. In short, you deserve a free kis from me
Re: I Have No Religion. Love Is My Religion! by joeloseiga: 11:02pm On Mar 01, 2017
We should try to reflect love from the creator. Generally, all religions seem to draw us closer to a source of love which we are supposed to reflect in our daily interactions in lif.
GodsMopol:
God is Love, evidently, you are a product of Gods love
Re: I Have No Religion. Love Is My Religion! by joeloseiga: 10:15am On Mar 02, 2017
unfortunatly, I do not agree with you on this one. "Love is my religion" in this context means Love is all i beleive in. Not puting a label on people might be tolerance as you have rightly stated however, it is only when you learn to be open minded and love people that we can experience inner peace and have a more stable society.
luvmijeje:
Op you're contradicting yourself Love is your religion definitely means you have a religion.

Anyway, how are you going to express this religion in terms of service to your neighbors and society at large?

Not trying to put label on people is tolerance and not love. So kindly redefine your love religion.
Re: I Have No Religion. Love Is My Religion! by terrezo2002(m): 3:04pm On Mar 02, 2017
He that does not love does not know God. God is Love. A man can never love without acknowledging God.
When we live in obedience to God's words, we are showing love.
When we put on God's character, we are showing love.
When we hate sin and love righteousness, we are showing love.
There's no love greater than for a man to lay down his life for his friend. But God's love supercedes that. He loved us while we were still sinners, He gave of Himself, His best, His beloved to be judged instead of sinners who deserved hell.
If anyone recieves Christ, he is given right to be a child of God. God's spirit comes into him and then he will have the abilities to exhibit the fruit of the spirit which is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, faith, goodness, temperance. Galatians 5:22
Re: I Have No Religion. Love Is My Religion! by joeloseiga: 4:14pm On Mar 02, 2017
When we respect other people's opinion and dispensation towards religion and we refuse to block people for having a different label than we do, then the love each religions preach can begin to reflet in our daily lives. We are all on the right paths in our own different ways.
terrezo2002:
He that does not love does not know God. God is Love. A man can never love without acknowledging God.
When we live in obedience to God's words, we are showing love.
When we put on God's character, we are showing love.
When we hate sin and love righteousness, we are showing love.
There's no love greater than for a man to lay down his life for his friend. But God's love supercedes that. He loved us while we were still sinners, He gave of Himself, His best, His beloved to be judged instead of sinners who deserved hell.
If anyone recieves Christ, he is given right to be a child of God. God's spirit comes into him and then he will have the abilities to exhibit the fruit of the spirit which is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, faith, goodness, temperance. Galatians 5:22
Re: I Have No Religion. Love Is My Religion! by terrezo2002(m): 6:32pm On Mar 02, 2017
joeloseiga:
When we respect other people's opinion and dispensation towards religion and we refuse to block people for having a different label than we do, then the love each religions preach can begin to reflet in our daily lives. We are all on the right paths in our own different ways.
There is only one way, one truth, one love. That one truth, way and love is God. When you do God's will, you automatically love everyone including those who hate you. God's love is encompassing.
You can't just choose your own way because you didn't create yourself. The one who made you has designed the best life for you to live so just humble yourself and submit
Re: I Have No Religion. Love Is My Religion! by K9blunt(f): 6:43pm On Mar 02, 2017
True..... You don't need any deity to love or do the right thing. Let your conscience guide you.

I for one don't look kindly at people who say it's because of a god they love or do good... It means naturally they are bad and are ticking time bombs waiting to explode!
Re: I Have No Religion. Love Is My Religion! by joeloseiga: 9:16pm On Mar 02, 2017
This is very true also. At the end of the day, our religions and labels only mask our true personal identities. We are a reflection of how our mind really works.
Thank you for your comment.
K9blunt:
True..... You don't need any deity to love or do the right thing. Let your conscience guide you.

I for one don't look kindly at people who say it's because of a god they love or do good... It means naturally they are bad and are ticking time bombs waiting to explode!

(1) (Reply)

Church To Organise Free Eye Test In FESTAC, Lagos / Where Are The Haters Of Apostle Suleman As He Preaches In RCCG Youth Convention / Top 10 Nigerian Gospel Singers And Their Sexy Spouses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.