Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

7 Not So Popular Tv Series You Should Consider Watching - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 7 Not So Popular Tv Series You Should Consider Watching (1789 Views)

Top 15 Nigerian TV Series You Should Start Binge-watching / Terrible Movie/Series You Just Watched / 7 Not So Popular Tv Series You Should Consider Watching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Not So Popular Tv Series You Should Consider Watching by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 19, 2016
Since most of the popular series like GOT, The Flash et al. are on a hiatus, here are 7 not so popular series you should consider watching. I ranked them in ascending order of their reception on Rotten Tomatoes.
NB: an asterisk implies a season is ongoing.

7. Blindspot
Tomatometer: 68%
Number of season(s): 1
Episodes: 23
Synopsis: Blindspot focuses on a mysterious tattooed woman who has lost her memory and does not know her own identity. The FBI discovers that each tattoo contains a clue to a crime they will have to solve.
Stars Jamie Alexander ( Jessi in Kyle XY and Sif in Thor/Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D) and Sullivan Stapleton ( from Strike Back and 300: Rise of an Empire).

6. Cleverman
Tomatometer: 88%
Episodes: 6
Synopsis: The six-part drama series reimagines several stories of the Aboriginal Dreaming in a modern, superheroic context, and reflects on racism, asylum seekers and border protection. Its central story revolves around two estranged indigenous brothers who are forced together to fight for their own survival when one of them is passed the mantle of the "Cleverman". Creatures from the Dreaming also feature in the series' real world dystopian landscape.

5. Preacher
Tomatometer: 89%
Episodes: 10
Synopsis: When Texas preacher Jesse Custer is inhabited by the renegade spawn of an angel and a demon, he gains the power to control people with just a word. Now Jesse, his badass ex Tulip, and his friend Cassidy (who happens to be a vampire) are thrust into a twisted battle spanning Heaven, Hell and everywhere in between.

4. The Last Kingdom
Most critics are calling it a British Game of Thrones (with a little less sex grin ).
Tomatometer: 92%
Episodes: 8
Synopsis: The setting is a historical one of England roughly around 800-900 A.D. The conflict involves the vikings who are eager to take more ground and the native English peoples or more correctly the Saxons who desire to hold the ground they have and repel the Vikings from England.

3. Jessica Jones
Whenever Netflix jumps on a Marvel material it always turns out good and Jessica Jones is not an exception.
It is set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), sharing continuity with the films of the franchise, and is the second in a series of shows (after Daredevil) that will lead up to a Defenders crossover miniseries.
Tomatometer: 93%
Episodes: 13
Synopsis: Following a tragic end to her brief superhero career, Jessica Jones tries to rebuild her life as a private investigator, dealing with cases involving people with remarkable abilities in New York City.

2. Stranger Things
*In DJ Khaled's voice* Another one... from the stables of Netflix.
Tomatometer: 94%
Episodes: 8
Synopsis: On November 6, 1983 in the small town of Hawkins, Indiana, 12-year-old Will Byers vanishes mysteriously. Will's mother, Joyce, becomes frantic and tries to find Will while Police Chief Jim Hopper begins investigating, and so do Will's friends: Dustin, Mike, and Lucas. The very next day, a psychokinetic girl knowing Will's whereabouts is found by the boys. As they uncover the truth, a sinister government agency tries to cover it up, while a more insidious force lurks just below the surface.

1. Mr Robot
The most critically acclaimed and my favourite of the lot (okay maybe I'm a wee bias 'cause I'm studying computer science).
Tomatometer: 98%
Number of season(s): 2
Episodes:
Season one: 12
Season two: 7*
Synopsis: Elliot Alderson, a cybersecurity engineer and hacker who suffers from social anxiety disorder and clinical depression. Alderson is recruited by an insurrectionary anarchist known as "Mr. Robot", to join a group of hacktivists. The group aims to cancel all debts by attacking the large corporation E Corp.
Stars Rami Malek( King Ahkmenrah in Night at the Museum trilogy).

So guys, which one of 'em have you watched or do you plan on watching?

Re: 7 Not So Popular Tv Series You Should Consider Watching by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 19, 2016
Pictures

Re: 7 Not So Popular Tv Series You Should Consider Watching by chachanga: 2:24pm On Aug 19, 2016
Not badd, overlooked the blind spot
Going to pick up the Mr Robot anyway
Re: 7 Not So Popular Tv Series You Should Consider Watching by somehowpenis(m): 2:25pm On Aug 19, 2016
Stranger things was is hella popular, its rating was superb
Re: 7 Not So Popular Tv Series You Should Consider Watching by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 19, 2016
somehowpenis:
Stranger things was is hella popular, its rating was superb
I don't think it's quite popular in Nigeria compared to The Flash or even Lucifer.
Re: 7 Not So Popular Tv Series You Should Consider Watching by somehowpenis(m): 2:54pm On Aug 19, 2016
Oladaniel19:

I don't think it's quite popular in Nigeria compared to The Flash or even Lucifer.
nigeria is not used as a thesis to rate successful series, the lucifer didn't even come close to stranger things rating wise.. The show with just 8 episodes for season 1 garnered a lot of fans and rating worldwide.. It was very popular

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Not So Popular Tv Series You Should Consider Watching by Neroski(f): 2:59pm On Aug 19, 2016
Stranger Things is awesome.I can't wait for Season 2.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Not So Popular Tv Series You Should Consider Watching by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 19, 2016
somehowpenis:
nigeria is not used as a thesis to rate successful series, the lucifer didn't even come close to stranger things rating wise.. The show with just 8 episodes for season 1 garnered a lot of fans and rating worldwide.. It was very popular
I get your point. The topic of my post is misleading, I meant 7 not so popular series (in Nigeria) you should consider watching.
Re: 7 Not So Popular Tv Series You Should Consider Watching by opeaceo: 3:06pm On Aug 19, 2016
From your synopsis, Blindspot and Mr Robot should be interesting, hopefully, they have or they"ll be renewed for subsequent seasons.
Re: 7 Not So Popular Tv Series You Should Consider Watching by somehowpenis(m): 3:08pm On Aug 19, 2016
Oladaniel19:

I get your point. The topic of my post is misleading, I meant 7 not so popular series (in Nigeria) you should consider watching.
oh alright man
Re: 7 Not So Popular Tv Series You Should Consider Watching by BeFancy: 3:29pm On Aug 21, 2016
Av seen clever man and is quite interesting , waiting for season two. Don't really like Mr robot . blind spot was OK.watching Jessica Jones right now and is kinda boring to me .
Re: 7 Not So Popular Tv Series You Should Consider Watching by rossyc(f): 3:28pm On Aug 24, 2016
have seen Blindspot, quite interesting..
Re: 7 Not So Popular Tv Series You Should Consider Watching by whiteeyes: 7:28am On Aug 25, 2016
Neroski:
Stranger Things is awesome.I can't wait for Season 2.
I'll start watching soon too. I also tried watching Preacher but got mixed up with the story line.

1 Like

Re: 7 Not So Popular Tv Series You Should Consider Watching by SaNcHiS(m): 12:37pm On Aug 25, 2016
I don't think it's quite popular in Nigeria compared to The Flash or even Lucifer.[/quote]
i hate both, flash is is too childish

(1) (Reply)

The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' / Interesting Movies On Youtube / who is your funniest hollywood comedian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.