Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' (1788 Views)

Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter / Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? / Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by ijawgirl: 3:03am On Feb 11, 2011
What kind of movie is that?=creepy
it was an amazing movie, natalie portman is such a brilliant actress but i don't like the lesbian part-- it's disgusting and weird :/

Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by iice(f): 8:37am On Feb 11, 2011
Loki waka far
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by ijawgirl: 8:55am On Feb 11, 2011
;d
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by frgy1: 11:48am On Feb 11, 2011
was the scene imagined or it happened ?
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by ijawgirl: 4:16pm On Feb 11, 2011
real
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by obinna5000(m): 10:08am On Feb 12, 2011
frgy_:

was the scene imagined or it happened ? 

@'frgy'
That scene was definitely not real. It was just one of her weird imaginations.

@ijaw_girl
Na wa o! cheesy Na so you like this film reach? grin
I remember you hating this movie even before you finally saw it. Anyway, it's all good. wink
BLACK SWAN was damn too weird for my liking. But it's still a good film anyway.
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by ijawgirl: 4:36pm On Feb 12, 2011
lol yea i thot it was gonna be another crappy balle movie~

silly me-i tot her weird imaginationz were real
it was towards the end I realized she was just a psycho
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by ijawgirl: 5:56pm On Feb 12, 2011
This film is the sleeper of the year! SEE IT!
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by semid4lyfe(m): 12:34pm On Feb 13, 2011
Dry movie. . .forced myself to watch it to the end cos I wanted to see her (Natalie Portman) dance the blank swan and see how it'd end.

Good acting by Natalie Portman sha.
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by ijawgirl: 11:01pm On Feb 13, 2011
it was worth the wait~

epic finale
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by obinna5000(m): 2:02pm On Feb 14, 2011
Natalie Portman won the Best Actress award at the just concluded BAFTA awards. Na Oscar award remain.
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by ijawgirl: 6:11pm On Feb 14, 2011
pretty lady~deserves it
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by vescucci(m): 6:20pm On Feb 14, 2011
As they say, the converts are the most convinced.
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by ijawgirl: 6:41pm On Feb 14, 2011
lol yea, Vescucci in my veins

lolz
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by Emmz(f): 10:36pm On Feb 14, 2011
I think it is overrated. Its just ok. 127 hrs deserved a win sumwhr at the baftas but didnt get any. Pls see 127hrs. I dont  know what my obsession is

with one location movies but i believe they are all brilliant. see 4 example phonebooth, the inside man etc. Brilliant. Plus 127hrs is a true story so go

see it
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by ijawgirl: 11:37pm On Feb 14, 2011
hmmm Emmz u need 2 visit the movie section more`~

127 hrs-going 2 see it today-the preview sucks tho~
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by obinna5000(m): 9:17am On Feb 15, 2011
@Emmz
127 Hours was good but as long as it got nominations, its still ok.
As for this award season, I don't see James Franco beating Colin Firth in the Best Actor category.
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by vescucci(m): 10:00am On Feb 15, 2011
Any Bookmaker would put odds of exactly 1 on Colin winning the Oscar. 127hours was ok but it wasn't all that jare. It was like a comedy and it shoulda been a moving tragic tale.
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by obinna5000(m): 10:19am On Feb 15, 2011
vescucci:

Any Bookmaker would put odds of exactly 1 on Colin winning the Oscar. 127hours was ok but it wasn't all that jare. It was like a comedy and it shoulda been a moving tragic tale.

@vescucci
Are you sure it was 127 Hours you watched? Did you see it to the end? undecided
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by vescucci(m): 11:25am On Feb 15, 2011
Sure it was. He lost his hand in the end. I expected him to have lost the whole of his forearm due to gangrene but he lost what seemed to be just his hand. Immediately the film started, it was obvious he'd have to cut it, so cutting it and surviving the ordeal is a hell of a happy ending.
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by larablog: 1:19pm On Feb 15, 2011
Black Swan was a pretty good movie. Very different, wasn't expecting it to be horror.
Was expecting some lame dance movie.
Natalie Portman made the movie what it was
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by iice(f): 2:51pm On Feb 15, 2011
vescucci:

Lol. Whilst i love Franco and Boyle, i must agree. It was just ok not something spectacular. . .[s]i was waiting for a shit scene as per boyle[/s] grin
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by vescucci(m): 3:19pm On Feb 15, 2011
Lol. Atleast there was pee
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by Emmz(f): 10:59pm On Feb 15, 2011
ijaw_girl:

hmmm Emmz u need 2 visit the movie section more`~

127 hrs-going 2 see it today-the preview sucks tho~

ok im having a blonde moment so i dont know what you mean. Is dis a bad comment or a good one. Nways ild like to know what you think about the movie.
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by Emmz(f): 11:03pm On Feb 15, 2011
obinna5000:

@Emmz
127 Hours was good but as long as it got nominations, its still ok.
As for this award season, I don't see James Franco beating Colin Firth in the Best Actor category.

Yeah i know. Jst saying it should have won sumtin thou. Its alright. Yeah not in a zillion yrs will Franco beat Firth not with the Kings speech.

By the way is it jst me or what do you think about Jesse Eisenberg being sidelined. I think Andrew Garfield is getting the spot light and Eisenberg is in the shadows and i thought he was great in the social network.
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by vescucci(m): 11:08pm On Feb 15, 2011
Blame JT and leave Andrew Garfield alone o. I'm gonna be watching that dude closely. He's gonna be the future. Jesse was actually very good too but you have the feeling he never left his comfort zone. He remembers and executes his lines perfectly.
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by Emmz(f): 11:12pm On Feb 15, 2011
vescucci:

Ok calm dwn now and be realistic. Comedy I couldnt even watch "the cutting the arm" scene. Is a true life story hence a drama. I dont know how much action you expect from a true life story that is set in just one location. Please be realistic. Besides you obviously knew he was going to cut off his hand before you went to see the movie hence y no surprise there.

The movie is about how it happened, the lesson learnt( tell at least 1 person whr ure goin u never know) and the survival story. If it wasnt a good movie, it wouldnt get a nomination. I kinda think youre one of dose pple who love action movies. correct me if im wrong.  smiley
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by Emmz(f): 11:16pm On Feb 15, 2011
vescucci:

Blame JT and leave Andrew Garfield alone o. I'm gonna be watching that dude closely. He's gonna be the future. Jesse was actually very good too but you have the feeling he never left his comfort zone. He remembers and executes his lines perfectly.

I kinda get wat ure saying cos iv known jesse for zillion years now; From some series and he actually talks like that. He is really fast when he speaks but i just felt his acting in the social network. He was good. A nomination would have been appropriate. Anyway whatever.
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by ijawgirl: 12:46am On Feb 16, 2011
Emmz:

ok im having a blonde moment so i dont know what you mean. Is dis a bad comment or a good one. Nways ild like to know what you think about the movie.

I meant participate more-- u are good at analyzing movies smiley

the preview of 127hrs sucks-it aint encouraging-dont think I wanna watch it
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by vescucci(m): 2:24am On Feb 16, 2011
The dude is an adrenaline junkie. He didn't think it was anything he couldn't handle at first. He made a video satiring his foolishness and it was when it dawned on him that the pearly gates beckoned that he really got worried. His predicament shoulda sprung the quintessential five stages of denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance but his own were acceptance, anger, denial, bargaining and refusal. It's like stuff from a self help brochure. What I expected the film to dwell on was the depression (which was missing hence no tragedy) but it did not. There was a game show analogy instead, hence the comedy. The guy didn't even cry once if I recall. After the whole shebang, he went right back to skiing and whatever adrenaline fix he could manage.

Realistic is exactly what I'm being. Inasmuch as I didn't say it was obvious to me in particular, knowing he was gonna cut his arm before seeing the movie doesn't mean I wouldn't have figured it out without knowing beforehand. Anyone woulda and shoulda. I liked the hallucination about the rain and the rock moving due to the water's upthrust. Wishful thinking. Classic denial.

Now you've made me sound like I hate the movie. About my movie taste. It's simplicity itself but another time.
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by Pamperme: 12:58pm On Feb 16, 2011
creepy but very very nice. Natalie Portman at her best,
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by jeseen007: 3:32pm On Feb 16, 2011
Its a really good  movie, Natalie portman was amazing too. The story and the ending was a true ending. a classic its gonna be a good movie to watch. , Watch movies online free , Watch Movies Free

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Shannara Chronicles / Gotv N The Sony Channel / Bbnnaija | Nengi Caught Half-naked In The Toilet With Kidd Waya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.