Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,799 members, 7,844,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" (16316 Views)

After Tinubu’s Letter To Oyegun, Buhari Meets APC Chairman / Atiku To Oyegun: You Can’t Break Rules Without Creating Problems / You Looked Very Sick We Wish You Quick Recovery- PDP Responds To Buhari's Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by Pidggin(f): 10:31am On Aug 20, 2016
PataAlhaja:

A period when crude oil sold for above $100 per barrel. Now compare that to a period when crude oil is selling for $40 per barrel, knowing fully well that crude oil is the mainstay of the economy and the major source of revenue.

I'm not a fan of Buhari but make we try to dey dey objective at times.

Oil is $50/barrel now not $40. When talking about PMS you need to state actual amounts. Stating false figures even when it is 1cent difference matters a lot, you need to get your facts right.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by Pidggin(f): 10:34am On Aug 20, 2016
Orikinla:
[s]You handed over a Nigeria that left Borno state in the hands of Boko Haram terrorists with more than 15, 000 innocent Nigerians killed and millions displaced from their homes by the insurgents.
You handed over a Nigeria with more than 350, 000 refugees in neighboring countries of Chad, Niger and Cameroon and more than 1 million IDPs.
You handed over a Nigeria with the more than 200 Chibok school girls kidnapped by Boko Haram still missing.
You handed over a Nigeria where pipeline vandals were on rampage in the Niger Delta and even terrorized Lagos and Ogun states.
You handed over a Nigeria after looting the national treasury and misappropriations of billions of dollars by your former President Goodluck Jonathan, PDP ATM machine, Sambo Dasuki, former National Security Adviser (NSA), former Minister of Petroleum, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke and other partners in crime.
You handed over a Nigeria where no single government official or military officer was indicted or prosecuted for corruption, because they have been your partners in crime.
You handed over a Nigeria with dysfunctional federal ministries and failed systems of education, health and power supply.
In summary, your PDP handed over a failed state to the new ruling party, All Progressives Congress (APC) and handicapped the new President Muhammadu Buhari from day one in office.[/s]

grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by jaiyezy(m): 10:35am On Aug 20, 2016
It is a big shame and a disgrace that PDP keeps deceivin g and seeking for. Cheap popularity.APC will continue to keep doing what is right in the face of global recession,if Jonathan a weak leader had won the last general elections,he wuld be worse off cause He wuld have led Nigeria into a deep mess.Nigerians have short memories and is pathetic even the so called educated ones.jonathan and PDPp in the last 6yrs misled us and here Buhari trying to salvage us and u guys open ur trash to say nonsense cause its a reserve rights.if he was elected wen global price was 140dollars,he wuld have increase our reserve,fund strategic sector,improve the power sector,security.u guys have forgotten when late general Azazi said PDP is bokoharam and he was setup and killed.EFCC was underfunded and ICPC just to enable him to steal and his ministers,fund Niger Delta militants,making Tompolo acquire warship @ d expense of Nigeria Navy what Nonsense!!!. Obasanjo is very much right even if he didnot do some tins while President,he left some foreign reserve of 50 biillion dollars,jonathan depleted it while price was 140 dollars for crude oil.used it for campaigns and granted Alameighsaya pardon and Tompolo even mohammed Abacha just to win election only to loose the elections its pathetic.wike that uses his state funds for PDP,its a pity for Rivers people cause wit time the state wuld be indebted.
Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by PataAlhaja(m): 10:36am On Aug 20, 2016
Pidggin:

Oil is $50/barrel now not $40. When talking about PMS you need to state actual amounts. Stating false figures even when it is 1cent difference matters a lot, you need to get your facts right.

When did the price of oil become $50? Recently, of course. About 2 weeks ago, if I'm not mistaken.

The average price since PMB resumed office is definitely around $40, if not below and that's the basis of my postulation.

And who's talking about PMS here?
Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by yomz1e(m): 10:41am On Aug 20, 2016
Whether APC or PDP , Nigeria was heading downhill, we were leaving on credit and overdraft, I use the UK as an example, when Labour govt was in charge, everyone was doing well especially the low earners, more benefits for them thereby taking away more from the rich. The Labour govt were borrowing money to sustain the UK economy, covering the deficits and fully knowing that the credit will run out soon. When the conservative took over , they discovered all the deficits the labour govt has left, so to patch up the economy, they increased vat,tax and cut benefits, people with low wages complained that the conservative where not listening to the Uk citizen and they are for the rich people, which in all honesty they are, but the difference is their agenda favoured everyone somehow. The conservative govtdecisions made the UK economy strong again and now made the UK stable again. In the case of Nigeria, there are similarities, PDP were spending lavishly and only enriching their friends, family and not the people. For APC to gain the people's confidence that they are serious about helping Nigeria to recover, they have to curb corruption within the party and initiate wealth generating programs for the masses because a rich nation generates rich happy people, but sadly APC have not shown any characteristics that they are the party that can deliver and with these budget padding, Fulani killings and undisclosed issues we in for a hardship. my final words are these , if we had continue under PDP, the country will be in a direadful situation, with APC atleast our Dec et into the abyss has slowed down so only time can tell.

1 Like

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by folks4luv(f): 10:41am On Aug 20, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Couldn't have said it any better, the emboldened is so so true...

Folks4luv you have to read this too.
I know some may be singing d praises of PDP, but I dont do that, i don't believe PDP is d best to happen to Nigeria since bread n butter, but to say APC is a Canaan of some sort is absurd. u think d politics of 'chop I chop' ended with PDP? give APC more time to produce more jibrins. pdp didn't leave d country in a good shape but the truth is, APC worsened d situation, that's d fact APC apologists won't admit

2 Likes

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by dozmok(m): 10:42am On Aug 20, 2016
dermmy:
They handed over a better Nigeria that couldn't defeat boko haram technically the way APC defeated them technically. grin

mtchewww, and APC has fantastically defeated them abi

2 Likes

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by Wadeoye(m): 10:43am On Aug 20, 2016
ZuzuMan:
grin grin grin

And PDP handed over a country where nobody was secure. Boko haram and ethnic militants have almost taken over leadership in Nigeria.

We first have to secure Nigeria before we can talk about economic development.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by judondasylva(m): 10:44am On Aug 20, 2016
very factual

2 Likes

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by Pidggin(f): 10:46am On Aug 20, 2016
PataAlhaja:

When did the price of oil become $50? Recently, of course. About 2 weeks ago, if I'm not mistaken.

The average price since PMB resumed office is definitely around $40, if not below and that's the basis of my postulation.

You see yourself? The average price has been $45/barrel not $40. Now that it has been $50 for over two weeks does this not mean the government is making far above the estimated $38/barrel?

Look, if our country will grow we have to look beyond sentiments.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 20, 2016
folks4luv:

I know some may be singing d praises of PDP, but I dont do that, i don't believe PDP is d best to happen to Nigeria since bread n butter, but to say APC is a Canaan of some sort is absurd. u think d politics of 'chop I chop' ended with PDP? give APC more time to produce more jibrins. pdp didn't leave d country in a good shape but the truth is, APC worsened d situation, that's d fact APC apologists won't admit

You still dont get it do you? Ok, let me give a simple analogy, a child breaks the handle of a door, then carefully puts it back as a trap for another person to take the blame, the next person touches the handle and it "breaks", in reality who broke the handle?

2 Likes

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by Wadeoye(m): 10:53am On Aug 20, 2016
PataAlhaja:

And despite that, monthly allocations to states and FG have been growing. They thought they could cripple the economy by bombing oil pipelines. Today, states are getting more money than they got even under PDP where crude was selling at over $100. FG has been paying salaries regularly without delay.

The only thing we need to do now is reduce our reliance on importation and begin to do things locally - foods, fuel, etc. If this is done, the value of naira will go up immediately.

We are on the right path... today we are talking about diversification and everybody is buying into it. In the next few years, if the tempo continues, Nigeria would have been liberated completely from the shackles (PDP orchestrated) holding it back.

1 Like

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 20, 2016
Wadeoye:

And PDP handed over a country where nobody was secure. Boko haram and ethnic militants have almost taken over leadership in Nigeria.

We first have to secure Nigeria before we can talk about economic development.

Gbammm! cool
Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by yohannazack(m): 10:59am On Aug 20, 2016
When PDP was in power, yes, corruption thrived, but I could also see programs that if properly and genuinely executed there will be a lot benefits to Nigerians. When PDP increased fuel price, there was SURE-P, U-Win, they had kerosene distributed to different areas in all the states of the Federation. We all know what SURE-P was meant for. But when APC increased fuel price, which mechanism did they put in place to cushion the effect? These were people who told Nigerians that, if they win the election fuel will be sold at no more than 40.00, but reverse is the case. They don't seem to have any plans for this country only deceiving Nigerians that they are fighting corruption which i feel is diversionary. Is fighting corruption a project? I don't think so, for past one yr, this government has no tarred one kilometer road. I therefore urge this government to concentrate on issues that effect the lives of Nigerians. They should stop blame games, because it shows how incompepptent they are to rule this country.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by folks4luv(f): 11:04am On Aug 20, 2016
lexiconkabir:

You still dont get it do you? Ok, let me give a simple analogy, a child breaks the handle of a door, then carefully puts it back as a trap for another person to take the blame, the next person touches the handle and it "breaks", in reality who broke the handle?
you see? it's not that simple. lemme expand that a lil. the child breaks d door handle, another person comes and reveals d handle is broken, but then promises d owner of d house to fix d handle ASAP, only if the owner will order d child to leave d house, the owner obliged him, d child leaves, but then, after a year n half, this person is still holding d broken door handle screaming 'the child broke the door, not me' but then, the handle was not fix n d door itself is now going down too.
that is how I will describe the situation. sorry for d long drama lol.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by yohannazack(m): 11:06am On Aug 20, 2016
Wadeoye:

And despite that, monthly allocations to states and FG have been growing. They thought they could cripple the economy by bombing oil pipelines. Today, states are getting more money than they got even under PDP where crude was selling at over $100. FG has been paying salaries regularly without delay.

The only thing we need to do now is reduce our reliance on importation and begin to do things locally - foods, fuel, etc. If this is done, the value of naira will go up immediately.

We are on the right path... today we are talking about diversification and everybody is buying into it. In the next few years, if the tempo continues, Nigeria would have been liberated completely from the shackles (PDP orchestrated) holding it back.
But are the governors using the money for betterment of the people? Show me a governor that's doing well, you may mention Ambode, what about the rest of the states?

1 Like

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by Wadeoye(m): 11:07am On Aug 20, 2016
yohannazack:
When PDP was in power, yes, corruption thrived, but I could also see programs that if properly and genuinely executed there will be a lot benefits to Nigerians. When PDP increased fuel price, there was SURE-P, U-Win, they had kerosene distributed to different areas in all the states of the Federation. We all know what SURE-P was meant for. But when APC increased fuel price, which mechanism did they put in place to cushion the effect? These were people who told Nigerians that, if they win the election fuel will be sold at no more than 40.00, but reverse is the case. They don't seem to have any plans for this country only deceiving Nigerians that they are fighting corruption which i feel is diversionary. Is fighting corruption a project? I don't think so, for past one yr, this government has no tarred one kilometer road. I therefore urge this government to concentrate on issues that effect the lives of Nigerians. They should stop blame games, because it shows how incompepptent they are to rule this country.

What did they achieve with SURE-P? Yeye omo igbo. Why are you crying of hunger after one year if SURE-P has added value to your life or that of your relatives? SURE-P was only an avenue to loot - this is the only thing PDP knows to do - looting.

Infrastructure, we don't have.
Hospital we dont have.
Schools - dilapidated
Refineries - not functioning
Nigeria imports virtually everything we need including toothpick.

Tell me one single program of PDP that has helped Nigeria and and made it a self-reliant country.

Yeye - Igbos don't know what governance is all about. The reason the whole alaigbo is the way it is.
Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by Wadeoye(m): 11:09am On Aug 20, 2016
yohannazack:

But are the governors using the money for betterment of the people? Show me a governor that's doing well, you may mention Ambode, what about the rest of the states?

Let them steal it... EFCC is there watching each and everyone of them. They also know and am sure you will see different attitude from them.
Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by MasterofdRolls1(m): 11:09am On Aug 20, 2016
emeka2847:
Better Nigeria indeed.
After placing Nigeria on the path to collapse.

How? And which path please? Is it that you don't read or unable to comprehend the message the thread seems to convey?
Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by DMerciful(m): 11:09am On Aug 20, 2016
Why not counter the facts n figure PDP shared rather than being emotional....a clear case of when you have nothing tangible to offer.
Stelvin101:
In as much as this APC govt is not meeting up Nigerians expectation as many Nigerians expected, People's Democratic Party (PDP) is the worst mistake Nigeria has ever made in the history of this nation. Most it always be about Political party? Can't two political parties work together for the betterment of a nation. This is one major problem Nigeria is suffering from.

1 Like

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 20, 2016
folks4luv:

you see? it's not that simple. lemme expand that a lil. the child breaks d door handle, another person comes and reveals d handle is broken, but then promises d owner of d house to fix d handle ASAP, only if the owner will order d child to leave d house, the owner obliged him, d child leaves, but then, after a year n half, this person is still holding d broken door handle screaming 'the child broke the door, not me' but then, the handle was not fix n d door itself is now going down too.
that is how I will describe the situation. sorry for d long drama lol.

It doesn't add up....lol.
Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by DMerciful(m): 11:15am On Aug 20, 2016
Do you have sense at all? PDP was killing Nigeria for 16yrs and Nigeria did not die only to die 1 yr of APC. You have been trying to cut down a tree for 16yrs the tree did not fall and you handed over to someone who is trying to protect the tree and it fell under a yr.....does it make sense to you? Y can people use their brain when they're not being charged to do so!
lexiconkabir:
You guys are joking right?

All what we experiencing now, is as a result of the damages done by previous governments, but people are too emotional and irrational to think.

1 Like

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by jelal007(m): 11:16am On Aug 20, 2016
PDP dey mad gannnn....better kini?
Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by manutdadex(m): 11:17am On Aug 20, 2016
PataAlhaja:

A period when crude oil sold for above $100 per barrel. Now compare that to a period when crude oil is selling for $40 per barrel, knowing fully well that crude oil is the mainstay of the economy and the major source of revenue.

I'm not a fan of Buhari but make we try to dey dey objective at times.
stop with d crude oil reference...and buhari is still spending billions of naira for oil exploration in d north and yet there is no money. A government where d budget of minst of info is way greater than that of agriculture. If oil sells for 140 under dis government, it will b wasted.. Its not all abt aw much oil is sold.. Cluelessness is a disease with no cure

1 Like

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by tundexijim(m): 11:25am On Aug 20, 2016
razortruth:
I'm sorry but it looks like it is the bitter truth. As corrupt as PDP was, things weren't as bad as it is now

Isn't things deteriorating before they left? Haven't they started borrowing to pay salaries b4 they left? The bitter truth is oil boom helped pdp. How many capital projects were they able to invest in with the boom? Govt is not jst abt having bogus money in circulation but the ability to do the right thing with the money. The truth is Nigeria has bin hardwired to go through a period like this considering our mismanagement in the past. I will only rate APC on their ability to diversify and how they are able to invest on infrastructures....

1 Like

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 20, 2016
DMerciful:
[s]Do you have sense at all? PDP was killing Nigeria for 16yrs and Nigeria did not die only to die 1 yr of APC. You have been trying to cut down a tree for 16yrs the tree did not fall and you handed over to someone who is trying to protect the tree and it fell under a yr.....does it make sense to you? Y can people use their brain when they're not being charged to do so![/s]

I don't respond to insults, go learn some manners, if you want to lay down your points, do that in a civilized way...

Good day!

2 Likes

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by EROMS38(m): 11:34am On Aug 20, 2016
Godbless PDP

1 Like

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by folks4luv(f): 11:35am On Aug 20, 2016
lexiconkabir:

It doesn't add up....lol.
as far as u aren't denying reality, it so so add up, at least to my earlier point

2 Likes

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by DMerciful(m): 11:42am On Aug 20, 2016
When people are unreasonable, you tell them they are unreasonable. We have come to a point in Nigeria when we should be doing straight talk.
lexiconkabir:

I don't respond to insults, go learn some manners, if you want to lay down your points, do that in a civilized way...

Good day!
Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by Okwyjesus(m): 11:46am On Aug 20, 2016
emeka2847:
Better Nigeria indeed.
After placing Nigeria on the path to collapse.

stop making noise. Show us figure and indices to prove ur Buhari is resurrecting the collapse Nigeria. Simple......

2 Likes

Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by Henrichemeka(m): 12:20pm On Aug 20, 2016
I just like this fact as they were systematically arraged
Re: PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" by Amitex(m): 12:59pm On Aug 20, 2016
If you cannot make it better, at least leave it the way you met it. APC with all her lies have plunged the nation into an economic abyss and they are still blaming the government that handed over power to them over 16 months ago. Take a good look at the current exchange problem, people advised Buhari to allow forces of demand and supply to determine an appropriate value, he objected and created a gulf between official and parallel market rates. After all trial and error, they came back to their senses, by which time the damage has been done. Again on ND crisis, people advised him to embrace dialogue, he refused. Today NDA are not only bombing pipelines, they are demanding a republic. Again take a close look at the polio issue. The WHO celebrated the fact that Nigeria got it right by eradicating polio. Just Nigeria and Pakistan were the countries still polio prone, yet our leaders dropped the ball. Unfortunately, they do not have a good reason to blame Jonathan now on this. Another area is the area of food sufficiency, the government of Jonathan made a huge success at empowering farmers with direct supply of seedlings, fertilisers, and other implement, today the miidle-man is back. They now blame food scarcity on insurgency. If for six years of of Boko Haram we were feeding well, what happened suddenly after the sect have been defeated to create food scarcity?
APC is a huge failure!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Officers Arrest, Drag IPOB Jewish Protesters In Umuahia / Police To Take Over Security In North-east From Military:ig / Kogi Speaker, Momoh Lawal Impeached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.