Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,156 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Abia Governorship: I’ll Challenge Appeal Judgment At Supreme Court – Ogah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Governorship: I’ll Challenge Appeal Judgment At Supreme Court – Ogah (883 Views)

Fayose's Vintage Car Spotted At Supreme Court (Photos) / Lere Olayinka Drinks With Friends As Sheriff Loses At Supreme Court (Photos) / Jimoh Ibrahim Loses Appeal At Supreme Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Governorship: I’ll Challenge Appeal Judgment At Supreme Court – Ogah by meethumb: 12:14pm On Aug 20, 2016
Dr. Sampson Uchechukwu Ogah whose Certificate of Return as the Governor of Abia State, issued by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), was nullified by the Appeal Court sitting in Abuja, on Thursday has vowed to challenge the verdict at the Supreme Court.

Ogah, through his organisation said that it still has confidence in the judiciary and believes that the Supreme Court will look into the judgment judiciously and correct the anomalies.

But, the Traditional Prime Minster of Umudiawa Kingdom, Chief Okezie Ezigbo in his reaction, said that the judiciary has proven that they are transparent.

He said; “Now that the legal battle is over, all hands must be on deck to move Abia forward, as the governor is out to deliver dividends of democracy to Abians.”

Ezigbo, who doubles as the chairman of Umuhia North LGA, said that now that the battle is over, the governor will double his efforts to ensure that he arrives at a very good result in serving Abians at very good record time”.

Meanwhile, the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Enyinnaya Apollos said that Ogah has the right to appeal and that the governor is ready to meet him at Supreme Court.

“The court gave a thorough examination of the matter before delivering the judgment, the five justices unanimously agreed on that judgment. Majority of Abians are happy and rejoicing over the judgment, that is the reason why the governor said that he is reinvigorated to serve them more”, the governor’s spokesman said.

Source - http://www.abacityblog.com/2016/08/abia-governorship-ill-challenge-appeal.html

Re: Abia Governorship: I’ll Challenge Appeal Judgment At Supreme Court – Ogah by taylor88(m): 12:15pm On Aug 20, 2016
hmm
Re: Abia Governorship: I’ll Challenge Appeal Judgment At Supreme Court – Ogah by eziyi(m): 3:41pm On Aug 20, 2016
Which majority is happy?is it the workers you a owing many months of salary or the landlord's you destroyed there houses and made the place water logged that is happy
Re: Abia Governorship: I’ll Challenge Appeal Judgment At Supreme Court – Ogah by kenny987(f): 5:23pm On Aug 20, 2016
What does he want to challenge na? The rape of democracy or d turning summersault of democracy on its head? Abi d defective originating process not even properly signed? Uche Ogah should just save his money and get involved with d Abia state government, probably fund out what prominent role he can play to better the lot of his people. It will be to his credit and that of his party unless he has decamped quietly, he must not be governor to be relevant.
Re: Abia Governorship: I’ll Challenge Appeal Judgment At Supreme Court – Ogah by lagdmark(m): 6:04pm On Aug 20, 2016
Why dis ogah boy no want to face his filling station, oyel business and live politics alon. He is too gentle to challenge the cabals
Re: Abia Governorship: I’ll Challenge Appeal Judgment At Supreme Court – Ogah by attackgat: 7:53pm On Aug 20, 2016
kenny987:
What does he want to challenge na? The rape of democracy or d turning summersault of democracy on its head? Abi d defective originating process not even properly signed? Uche Ogah should just save his money and get involved with d Abia state government, probably fund out what prominent role he can play to better the lot of his people. It will be to his credit and that of his party unless he has decamped quietly, he must not be governor to be relevant.

Don't talk like that. Ogah is pursuing his agenda through the law courts. The Supreme Court will have the final say.
Re: Abia Governorship: I’ll Challenge Appeal Judgment At Supreme Court – Ogah by kenny987(f): 8:00pm On Aug 20, 2016
attackgat:

Don't talk like that. Ogah is pursuing his agenda through the law courts. The Supreme Court will have the final say.

Personally I think he is unnecessarily rocking the boat. We are in perilous times and we need all our strong men to help build our homeland. This fighting can be addressed at home and he can negotiate some kind of understanding with the governor. All the adversarial posturing takes us nowhere and at the end of the day, alaigbo pays the price.

Posterity will be kind to him if he plays the role of statesman, gives even a portion of Abia a much needed facelift and so on. He can reach an understanding for a lucrative contract which pays him well and also translates into substantial development for ndi Abia. He can negotiate a House of Reps or Senate seat then even become governor afterwards, after all they are of d same party. At least of he concedes at this level and really has d people at heart, I am certain Ikpeazu will appreciate his goodwill cos it'll be an obvious sacrifice and both of them can save the extra costs of proceeding to the Supreme Court.

This madness smacks of sabotage and we have had enough of it in Igbo land. It's time to rally together for our own good. A bum nwa Anambra mana ihe gbasara alaigbo nile n'amasi m nke ukwu.

2 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship: I’ll Challenge Appeal Judgment At Supreme Court – Ogah by attackgat: 9:07pm On Aug 20, 2016
kenny987:

Personally I think he is unnecessarily rocking the boat. We are in perilous times and we need all our strong men to help build our homeland. This fighting can be addressed at home and he can negotiate some kind of understanding with the governor. All the adversarial posturing takes us nowhere and at the end of the day, alaigbo pays the price.

Posterity will be kind to him if he plays the role of statesman, gives even a portion of Abia a much needed facelift and so on. He can reach an understanding for a lucrative contract which pays him well and also translates into substantial development for ndi Abia. He can negotiate a House of Reps or Senate seat then even become governor afterwards, after all they are of d same party. At least of he concedes at this level and really has d people at heart, I am certain Ikpeazu will appreciate his goodwill cos it'll be an obvious sacrifice and both of them can save the extra costs of proceeding to the Supreme Court.

This madness smacks of sabotage and we have had enough of it in Igbo land. It's time to rally together for our own good. A bum nwa Anambra mana ihe gbasara alaigbo nile n'amasi m nke ukwu.

Your problem is that you are still thinking like a corrupt Nigerian. The Governor of any state is who the law says it is, not who won an election. There are no sentiments here. If anyone, for any reason believes that they have been short changed in any electoral process, they head to the courts for justice. The courts decide who is right and who is wrong. Ogah is rocking no Boat, he is using the instruments of the courts to decide the captain of the Boat. It is his constitutional right
Re: Abia Governorship: I’ll Challenge Appeal Judgment At Supreme Court – Ogah by Ahmeduana(m): 9:12pm On Aug 20, 2016
meethumb:

Dr. Sampson Uchechukwu Ogah whose Certificate of Return as the Governor of Abia State, issued by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), was nullified by the Appeal Court sitting in Abuja, on Thursday has vowed to challenge the verdict at the Supreme Court.

Ogah, through his organisation said that it still has confidence in the judiciary and believes that the Supreme Court will look into the judgment judiciously and correct the anomalies.

But, the Traditional Prime Minster of Umudiawa Kingdom, Chief Okezie Ezigbo in his reaction, said that the judiciary has proven that they are transparent.

He said; “Now that the legal battle is over, all hands must be on deck to move Abia forward, as the governor is out to deliver dividends of democracy to Abians.”

Ezigbo, who doubles as the chairman of Umuhia North LGA, said that now that the battle is over, the governor will double his efforts to ensure that he arrives at a very good result in serving Abians at very good record time”.

Meanwhile, the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Enyinnaya Apollos said that Ogah has the right to appeal and that the governor is ready to meet him at Supreme Court.

“The court gave a thorough examination of the matter before delivering the judgment, the five justices unanimously agreed on that judgment. Majority of Abians are happy and rejoicing over the judgment, that is the reason why the governor said that he is reinvigorated to serve them more”, the governor’s spokesman said.

Source - http://www.abacityblog.com/2016/08/abia-governorship-ill-challenge-appeal.html
SOMETIMES HANDSOME-NESS DON'T AMOUNT TO INTELLIGENCE, THIS MAN IS SO DUMB TO THE EXTEND THAT HE DOESN'T KNOW WHEN HE IS BEEN BEATEN HANDS DOWN!

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship: I’ll Challenge Appeal Judgment At Supreme Court – Ogah by funkyibodude(m): 9:16pm On Aug 20, 2016
In Donald trumps voice, "Africans need to be re-colonized for the next 100yrs undecided".
Re: Abia Governorship: I’ll Challenge Appeal Judgment At Supreme Court – Ogah by kenny987(f): 10:29pm On Aug 20, 2016
attackgat:

Your problem is that you are still thinking like a corrupt Nigerian. The Governor of any state is who the law says it is, not who won an election. There are no sentiments here. If anyone, for any reason believes that they have been short changed in any electoral process, they head to the courts for justice. The courts decide who is right and who is wrong. Ogah is rocking no Boat, he is using the instruments of the courts to decide the captain of the Boat. It is his constitutional right

I take exception to being referred to as one thinking like a corrupt Nigerian. It's okay not to understand or agree with my opinion but u crossed a line by ur opening statement. I would be more in line with urs if they were of opposing parties but being of same party, sometimes personal gain or fights need to be sacrificed for the greater good.

I have not said it's not his right neither have I proposed any illegality. However, if u take note of the judgment of the Court of Appeal, he really has no case and he'd be better off saving himself unnecessary heartache and still come out smelling like roses. To each his own anyway.

(1) (Reply)

Bauchi State Police Command Parades Robbers & Weapons Recovered 4rm Them(pics) / Akeredolu Aketi Wins APC Primaries In Ondo State / Seriously, Why Is Imo State Not Observing The Biafran Sit At Home Protest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.