Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

For Catholic Faithfuls - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Catholic Faithfuls (7910 Views)

Things I Noticed About The Catholic Faithfuls Abroad... / Someone Should Please Call The Catholic Faithfuls Of Ahiara Diocese To Order. / Catholic Faithfuls: Pope John Paul II has passed away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by joftech(m): 6:51pm On Jul 29, 2005
Take for example, the church talks about purgatory but ignores the idea of the existence of hell when purgatory can be proved to be non-existent and hell to be existent based on biblical fact. We Xtians hold the bible to be complete and believe it's writings were inspired by God and anything outside it that does not agree with anything inside it is not biblical.

@kodewrita, this shows that you don't know the inner working of the catholic church. In the catholic catechism it's always stressed that there is heaven, hell and purgatory; This i also believe.

When you look at this world, the punishment for someone that kill is always different from that of someone that steal some amount of money. So you must know there must be a way God will pardon someone that happen to die in some trivial, and even in purgatory you will have to go through some of the experiences that people in hell go through, but only that you will still have hope of leaving someday, but your leaving is not 100% guaranteed, and for Christ sake why won't anyone aim for heaven straight.

When you talk about the Bible, No church on earth can know the Bible more than the Catholic church, i won't want to go into the details here.
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by kodewrita(m): 2:00pm On Aug 01, 2005
@joftech i won't engage you in discussion because of one statement which points to blind unreasoning faith and also because you didnt
joftech:

@kodewrita, When you talk about the Bible, No church on earth can know the Bible more than the Catholic church, i won't want to go into the details here.

what is the logical basis for that statement? Who says god has to give a halfway place for anybody? The rich man was not allowed to go back to earth to atone for his sins but lazarus went straight to heaven. it says there is a huge gulf between heaven and hell and does not imply a halfway point? You talk about the church as the sole custodian of biblical truth? so tell me why they condoned the Al Aqsa massacre during the crusades ? why did they kill protestants simply because they did not agree with their views during The Reformation? Why did they collect money for indulgences so people could get into purgatory (that was what martin luther fought against)?

Get your facts right before saying anything. show me a verse that shows the basis for purgatory.

Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by Motee(f): 11:16am On Oct 17, 2005
Please your views on Catholic worshippers is needed on one of the topics from Family/Marriage. The topic is Catholic/Pentecostal: why the disagreement?
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by IAH(f): 12:20pm On Oct 17, 2005
I'm a Catholic. I come from a Catholic family but I don't believe in their doctrines. So I go to different churches and sometimes don't go to any church at all for a long period of time. My parents tried to force me before but they gave up when they saw I wasn't going to change. I see Catholics as the same with Cele, Jehovah Witness and Deeper life people! They are not in one accord with other Christians.
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by EddyTells(m): 2:51pm On Nov 08, 2005
yeah its open again, go speak your heart out[Catholic/Pentecostal: why the disagreement?url][Catholic/Pentecostal: why the disagreement?/url]
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by lioness(f): 3:23pm On Nov 08, 2005
@ Seun- apology for breaking any rule

i wasnt going to say anything all this while  but I was wonderiing.................  I have worked with catholics for awhile now at different intervals and all the time, they have discriminated every other denomination and proven to be selfish with their religion.  A typical catholic feels everyother religion is trash or has some fault, but their's is the only one that stands. And today again Angel girl has proven that point.  She has done that by calling her own "catholic faithfuls" to share in catholic issues and stuff. its almost like she wants to  make a catholic group out of this forum.

Why on earth, would she raise a thread and make it for catholic faithfuls. If you wanted to raise church why didnt you just create a " www.onlycatholics.com". You say you don't want a debate. so now am supposed to agree with everything you say    I have nothing against catholics. but you guys just sicken me with your self righteous rubbish and then, all others are the devil. I have lived, loved, dated, worked, quarrelled with a whole lot of you and its just the same discrimination against other religion. IT ISNT FAIR. its no one's fault  that they belong to a different denomination that isnt catholic.
Apart from the controversy surrounding your doctrines, you guys act like your the closest to God while your far from christainity or even the act of christainity. If you knew anything about christainity you know better to love other christains.

And for those of you who are determined to die catholics, i hope they bury u on "planet catholic" and not on the same ground with Anglicans, pentecostals or other denominations.

@ Ra - piece of advice, the fact that your anglican and the anglican choir sings alike the catholic choir doesnt make you a catholic. To the catholics, your still a bloody anglican even if you roll face down to ...........
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by lioness(f): 3:40pm On Nov 08, 2005
@ Jofteck
Let me level you out just alittle.  SIN NA SIN whether na pencil u theif or na murder.  Or didnt you read in your bible that all sins are equal. Who ever told you that God reasons like men. To give small punishment and big punishment.  You talk of knowning the bible. because its said that catholics compiled the bible doesnt mean they know it all. By the way, compiling the bible is different from writiing or actually studying the bible.

And you, how often do u study the bible yourself. or you just let someone tell you what you want to hear.  Thats why people are still in the catholic churches, because the church makes christainity so easy with plenty short cuts of confession and purgatory.
Shebi na u one die catholic [as e don turn curse] your eye go clear when u find purgatory u no see.
[quote][/quote]
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by IAH(f): 6:56pm On Nov 08, 2005
lioness:

i wasnt going to say anything all this while but I was wonderiing................. I have worked with catholics for awhile now at different intervals and all the time, they have discriminated every otherdenominationand proven to be selfish with their religion. A typical catholic feels everyother religion is trash or has some fault, but their's is the only one that stands. And today again Angel girl and proven that point. She has done that by calling her own "catholic faithfuls" to share in catholic issues and stuff. its almost like she wants to make a catholic group out of this forum.

Why on earth, would she raise a thread and make it for catholic faithfuls. If you wanted to raise church why didnt you just create an " www.onlycatholics.com". You say you don't want a debate. so now am supposed to agree with everything you say I have nothing against catholics. but you guys just sicken me with your self righteous bull rubbish and all others are the devil. I have lived, loved, dated, worked, quarrelled with a whole lot of you and its just the same discrimination against other religion. IT ISNT FAIR. its no one's fault that they belong to a different denomination that isnt catholics.
Apart from the controversy surrounding your doctrines, you guys act like your the closest to God while your far from christainity or even the act of christainity. If you knew anything about christainity you know better to love other christains.

That was why I said I see Catholics as the same with Deeper Life, Jehovah Witnesses and Cele. These groups of people see anybody outside their fold as a pathetic sinner who is not going to take part in the eternal bliss God has prepared for ONLY THEM. Hehehe, the rest of us are going to roast like cow leg in hell!
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by prettyH(f): 5:00pm On Nov 15, 2005
Hi yall,
Gd to see catholics speaking up. I'm one but the mode of worship lacks real praise and worship except u r part of the charissmatic. But still i've learnt how to combine both and it makes it fun. But i'll like to know which churches u guys go to.
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by prettyH(f): 5:06pm On Nov 15, 2005
lioness:

i wasnt going to say anything all this while but I was wonderiing................. I have worked with catholics for awhile now at different intervals and all the time, they have discriminated every other denomination and proven to be selfish with their religion. A typical catholic feels everyother religion is trash or has some fault, but their's is the only one that stands. And today again Angel girl has proven that point. She has done that by calling her own "catholic faithfuls" to share in catholic issues and stuff. its almost like she wants to make a catholic group out of this forum.

Why on earth, would she raise a thread and make it for catholic faithfuls. If you wanted to raise church why didnt you just create a " www.onlycatholics.com". You say you don't want a debate. so now am supposed to agree with everything you say I have nothing against catholics. but you guys just sicken me with your self righteous rubbish and then, all others are the devil. I have lived, loved, dated, worked, quarrelled with a whole lot of you and its just the same discrimination against other religion. IT ISNT FAIR. its no one's fault that they belong to a different denomination that isnt catholic.

And for those of you who are determined to die catholics, i hope they bury u on "planet catholic" and not on the same ground with Anglicans, pentecostals or other denominations.

@ Ra - piece of advice, the fact that your anglican and the anglican choir sings alike the catholic choir doesnt make you a catholic. To the catholics, your still a bloody anglican even if you roll face down to ...........

See i'm a catholic and i had a muslim roomate for years and moreover, she's one of ma closest friends. All ma friends r from various denominations and we r tight. S i totally disagree wiv u bout d discriminating part. Air ur views its a free world abi. But our faith stands.

@IAH pls u seem to av had a bad experience cos ur post is deep. Sis pls we aint dat bad. Believe me at least i speak for my self.
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by IAH(f): 7:18pm On Nov 15, 2005
prettyH:

@IAH please u seem to av had a bad experience because your post is deep. Sis please we aint that bad. Believe me at least i speak for my self.

I'm a Catholic too...well, not exactly.
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by prettyH(f): 3:13am On Nov 16, 2005
What do u mean by not exactly?
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by lioness(f): 9:18am On Nov 16, 2005
WHATEVER!!! I've said my bit.

[See i'm a catholic and i had a muslim roomate for years and moreover, she's one of ma closest friends. All ma friends r from various denominations and we r tight. S i totally disagree with u bout d discriminating part. Air your views its a free world abi. But our faith stands./quote]
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by prettyH(f): 4:13pm On Nov 16, 2005
@ lioness,

pls its we ain't fighting r we
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by lioness(f): 5:01pm On Nov 16, 2005
No way girl, we aint................. PrettyH cant stand the ROAR of a lioness wink
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by EddyTells(m): 5:16pm On Nov 16, 2005
WOW, Da lioness is are gonna roar at PrettyH soon grin
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by prettyH(f): 6:31pm On Nov 22, 2005
@ lioness

which roar?
abeg
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by EddyTells(m): 9:26am On Nov 23, 2005
@prettyH.............Duh
simply logic, the lion/lioness roars
just like dog barks when they re mad
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by Angelgirl(f): 10:46am On Nov 25, 2005
Sorry sister Lioness and others if my thread seems or sounds discriminating to you, I am a proud catholic, and i created this forum to be a meeting point for me and my catholic brethrens, for us to share our common views and learn more about our faith, at the initial stage i know it will turn out to be a controversial thread, becos anything catholic is always controversial, forgive me, but its a free world, you can create your thread too and call it 'For Pentecostal Faithfuls' or whatever, i will gladly visit, read, learn more and maybe appreciate my Pentecostal brethren, Cos that was my main aim for this thread, for others to appreciate the Catholic Faith.

Thanks.
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by chrisd(m): 6:45pm On Dec 16, 2005
I found many people from other christian churches who are not christians at all. So the problem is not of being catholic or whatever. Not a matter of convictions but a matter of attitudes. I also feel that bible only christians is not the way to go.
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by chrisd(m): 6:50pm On Dec 16, 2005
My inpression among many christian denominations is that most times catholics are misunderstood. I don't know if is because they want to remain faithful to the original reformers or what.

1 Like

Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by prettyH(f): 6:54pm On Dec 16, 2005
Yeah i guess so
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by chrisd(m): 6:58pm On Dec 16, 2005
To you all, what you think of Bible ONLY christians?
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by kezieuc: 11:22am On Dec 17, 2005
hey my bday is september 8 which is d same month cool with mother mary so if some one knows how to speak latin should teach me rolleyes
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by kezieuc: 11:28am On Dec 17, 2005
hey my bday is september 8 which is d same month cool with mother mary so if some one knows how to speak latin should teach me rolleyes
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by Zeus: 5:16pm On Dec 17, 2005
Happy advent preparation to you all (Catholics)
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by prettyH(f): 9:35pm On Dec 17, 2005
Same to you. cheesy
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by EddyTells(m): 11:01am On Dec 19, 2005
Hey i know latin,u want me to teach you..........................

[hey my bday is september 8 which is d same month with mother mary so if some one knows how to speak latin should teach me/quote]
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by Etienne(m): 3:37pm On Dec 24, 2005
It is really good to see people still proud to be catholic when there is so much attacks against the church. Let us keep it up. It has always been a thing of great concern to me that we know so little about our faith. let us share together here. The church has been battered by many ugly histories but the gates of hell shall not prevail. The human element in the church should not discourage us. God won't ask us how well we have been able to argue against the misdeeds of a priest, nun, or a catholic lay but how we have been able to live love (and there is much lack of love, of good faith in anti-catholic protests meant to attack rather than to know). For those who want to know, I would like to recommend "Rome Sweet Home" by Scott Hahn and "The Faith Explained" by Leo J. Trese from any catholic bookshop. Let us form a shield of encouragement for ourselves. The young are especially vulnerable in a world of crisis of faith.
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by Etienne(m): 3:44pm On Dec 24, 2005
To you all, what you think of Bible ONLY christians?

Well for Bible only christians, one can say they have something good to base themselves on. But the Bible cannot only serve as what we live by. This is fraught with some misunderstanding, I believe, but, I think everything is a matter of time. In a matter of 100 years from now, they too will make allusions to certain things in their church which would be used to better confrim the scriptures. Tradition and Scriptures will make us more confirmed in our faith.
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by kodewrita(m): 7:00pm On Dec 26, 2005
This is the way I feel about xtianity and the catholic church.

Q: what r the main principles of xtianity?
Love of God
Love Of man
Belief that Jesus Christ (God in the flesh) died for our sins

Q: Is membership of the catholic church required to get to heaven?
No

Q: Is the pope necessarily superior to me in God's eyes?
No

I believe you catholics place more emphasis on being catholics than on being christian. Focus on the essentials. As martin luther said, the scripture must be the sole source of christian doctrine not church tradition(catechism).
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by Etienne(m): 7:32pm On Dec 26, 2005
Tradition should not be seen in a diabolical way.

Simply put, it is the way things were being done and that is why the Catholic Church has it that even the Bible grew out of Tradition. It was the tradition to read from the prophets and a letter from the apostles and after this the president of the christain assembly explains and urges on what to do as a kind of sermon. St Justin the Martyr gives us this record. It is still out of this tradition that the Bible went on to be gathered together as a library of books as we have it.

If there are some confusion lets seek for explanation OBJECTIVELY and not just cast aspersions on what we do inside the house when you have not gotten more than a peep up the drive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria / If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself / Belgian MP: 'Muslim Immigration To Europe Is A Trojan Horse Invasion'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.