Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah (23194 Views)

Uzodinma Iweala ''Proposes'' To Genevieve Nnaji On The Red Carpet (Pic) / “I'll Do Anything To Have Genevieve Nnaji On My Bed”– Upcoming Artiste / Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by banom(m): 12:29pm On Oct 01, 2009
omar22:

Well she sha66ed a famous hausa man for money

Any evidence ? or just the famous stories you normally cull up from[b] IGOGORO Joint[/b]
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by vanni(f): 1:48pm On Oct 01, 2009
@banon

isi adi y mma,

kam mere ya ebere
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by theviper1: 1:59pm On Oct 01, 2009
@newintexas, am happy that u made me to understand that u live in canada. am homeless and in fact am a un citizen, bt if i have to take u on ur points,u are as flawed as can be and shows that u know very little about those nationals that u told me about. let me pick the holes in these countries. chinese, one of the worst and most dangerous organized crime syndicates in the world. notorious for trafficking pple in containers and wholesome acts of kidnapping and hostage taking. the Ukraines and other eastern europeans, carjacking,drug and arms running syndicates. ever heard of the russian mobs. they are not nigerians.  Indians, what can u tell me about indians? if u will truely tell me that indians are better behaved than nigerians,then i will give up. what are the indians not involved in? from racketeerings to all manners of shady deals.go to the uk and check well in ur native canada and lets see what u can come up with about the lebanese and indians. the thing is that nigerians for reasons that i do not know,have just picked a trail of bad name.we are not the worst behaved pple. i learnt that cia rates nigeria as the 3rd most fraudelent, it means that we are 2 numbers below the pple that does the real deal. when u talk about drug trafficking,we are no where near the lifters and the US knows that. WE are not listed as the most corrupt nation on earth (much as a lot of countries will wish that we are). lets not excuse anyone who takes our nation for granted. oprah will think twice b4 saying that the chinese or the indians are corrupt or are criminals cos she will be running the risk of being ruined. bt we nigerians wants to praise her for running our country down cos we believe that we have a bad govt. yes!, we do have a bad govt and a corrupt system,we have drug traffickers and scammers,bt we are not the worst on earth. we should have the decency to protect and uphold our intergrity. no place on earth is perfect.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by theviper1: 2:10pm On Oct 01, 2009
@banon and @ vanni, i have told u pple that this is not about hating G,bt telling the truth about oprahs double standard. like i said before,i dont know the lady neither do i wish her ill. if anything,i should be happy for her cos am a nigerian and ezigbo nwa afo. so i want u folks to drop the bickering with @omar22. the dude has points. i care less though about genevieves personal life. it is her business the way she wants to live,afterall most celeb are very eccentric and no one is purely clean.when push comes to shove,there will always be something in the cupboard that will taint us. so lets focus on the insult that oprah heaped on us and how she will make amends rather that discuss Genevieve.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by omar22(m): 2:32pm On Oct 01, 2009
Any evidence ? or just the famous stories you normally cull up from IGOGORO Joint

You need to JUMP on the NEXT BROOM SMOKING TOWARDS THE EAST
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by THEAMAKA(f): 3:00pm On Oct 01, 2009
*comes to peep in. OH WAIT! omar22 is still here, not surprised.*
*walks out*
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by Princek12(m): 4:11pm On Oct 01, 2009
banom:

@ Vani

Baby kee ije ?

I can see you exchanging words with the retard called prince123, i dont want to believe you have such useless time to waste on retards, ok , i now remember you told me you are on leave from work,
It is very obvious that you are a fool, and until we outcast people like you from the Nigeria and the Nigerian community at large, we will never progress. You are clearly an uncivilized, local, & indecent human being; you are/were probably an unexposed, illiterate house boy/girl. Why does everything have to be abusive? Can't you engage in intellectual discourse without being abusive to another? I guess not. May God help Nigeria on her birthday.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by mavisblack: 4:44pm On Oct 01, 2009
am so happy 4 her,she sure deserves it.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by buchiwet: 5:14pm On Oct 01, 2009
That is good Genny, Congrats!!! You are always the best, i love you
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by omar22(m): 7:34pm On Oct 01, 2009
It is very obvious that you are a fool, and until we outcast people like you from the Nigeria and the Nigerian community at large, we will never progress. You are clearly an uncivilized, local, & indecent human being; you are/were probably an unexposed, illiterate house boy/girl. Why does everything have to be abusive? Can't you engage in intellectual discourse without being abusive to another? I guess not. May God help Nigeria on her birthday.

SPOT ON
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by THEAMAKA(f): 11:14pm On Oct 01, 2009
oh shut up!!!

basically this is what im trying to say:

many people are turning this topic into a bashing/blaming genevieve nnaji for OPRAH mentioning her name.
do you want her to now kill herself? what is the taboo in that?
and also, some people are turning this into a "because oprah is from the west/US we glorify her. . ." blah blah and some other bullshit.
this has NOTHING and i repeat NOTHING with Oprah being from the US.
even if Oprah was from China, India, Japan, Turkey, Ghana, France, Brazil, or even Tanzania. . .
WHO CARES?!?!
the point is Oprah is one of the most powerful and influental people in the world. she has an INTERNATIONAL audience. people love Oprah and watch her show.
so this isnt about Oprah being from the US, its about what Oprah has the power to do.
im just greatful and hopeful that this can bring more international attention to Nollywood. this can potentially benefit Nollywood.
so stop venting and throwing insults at Genevieve, cause it aint her problem.
and i dont see why people are venting on Oprah either.
just shut up and be happy. shit.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by THEAMAKA(f): 11:15pm On Oct 01, 2009
and omar22 is still here, talking trash, as usual.
*rolls eyes*

tongue
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by theviper1: 2:07am On Oct 02, 2009
@THE AMAKA,were wayoo. if u come here and ask pple to generally and blanketly shut up their mouths cos they aired their opinions,what is the diff then btw those u accuse and u. and again i havent seen where pple said anything cos oprah if from the US or the west. truth is that some of u gets these issues twisted. oprah is and will still remain a nigga,no matter what audience that she commands. if u fail to see anything wrong in the way oprah insulted nigerians,i will not insult u cos it is your life,maybe u are an opraholic. bt since u said that u lives in the states,let me ask u this question, where u aware of a japanese phone companys advert that used a monkey and the slogan "yes we can" during the obama campaign, do u remember the world condemnations that followed them and that they immediately pulled the advert and appologised? that was one man and u dont think that it is worthy of an appology from oprah for insulting a nation of 150million living souls. i believe that if that statement ever came from a nigerian talk-show hostess,US would have asked that programm be closed with immediate effect. bt goodluck to Genny and to u cos u need it mor that the baby do. like i said earlier,oprah dare not say this against some countries.

@omar22,plz ignore them and state your mind and the facts the way they are. we all doesnt have to talk based on sentiments and tribal leanings.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by kech(f): 2:34am On Oct 02, 2009
LOL!!, I can see this thread is still kicking in full gear. Oh Genevieve, Oh Genevieve, thou art the fairest of them all!  grin grin grin Let me post another topic on Stephanie. Our Naija stars are really doing it big this season. It's in the air.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by THEAMAKA(f): 3:15am On Oct 02, 2009
actually people did mention things about Oprah being from the west/US some pages back.
i just decided to comment on it now.

AND, NO im not an Opraholic, i dont even watch her show.

continue losing sleeping, nonsense.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by theviper1: 3:51am On Oct 02, 2009
@the amaka, u didnt answer to my post correctly.u just answered the areas that u think benefits u the most. no blame on that,cos u may be among those who shy away from the truth. bt just like i said,the US govt protested that advert strongly without minding that the US economy was in meltdown,without thinking of AIG,LEHMANS BROS or GENERAL MOTORS. it was that way cos there are diff departments for everything in govt and u dont have to live abroad to know that.
bt the part that eluded me is the part about losing sleep that ended with nonsense. who was the nonsense meant for? hpe not me cos i never disrespected u and it wont do u any good to cross that line for it carries with it deadly consequences. this is a public place where we can all agree to disagree and still be nice and civilized about it.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by THEAMAKA(f): 4:08am On Oct 02, 2009
i didnt even have time to reply to your post.
the post above (^^^^) i only read the first two lines.

ill comment on all of it later, dont worry.
keep waiting and venting, nonsense.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by OgidiBoy(m): 4:23am On Oct 02, 2009
Why are all these ppl getting all twisted about Oprah's comments? shocked shocked Nigeria is one of the most [not the most] corrupt countries in the world, where is the lie in that. If Nigerians can't deal with that reality then we have serious problems. We should be more worried about fixing our country and not what Oprah said. Oprah is an effing entertainer and can say whatever she wants. Do you ppl want Jesus to come down from heaven and tell us our country is so freaking corrupt before we can believe it ?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by THEAMAKA(f): 4:55am On Oct 02, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Why are all these ppl getting all twisted about Oprah's comments? shocked shocked Nigeria is one of the most [not the most] corrupt countries in the world, where is the lie in that. If Nigerians can't deal with that reality then we have serious problems. We should be more worried about fixing our country and not what Oprah said. Oprah is an effing entertainer and can say whatever she wants. Do you ppl want Jesus to come down from heaven and tell us our country is so freaking corrupt before we can believe it ?
GBAM!!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by omar22(m): 9:43am On Oct 02, 2009
@the amaka

Its people like you who makes the western world conclude on Nigerians that "when they speak to you, you would feel that they are about to get into a fight with you! You (AMAKA) in general you have been weighed and you have been measured, am sorry you cant handle a challenging conversation, can you imagine YOU sitting down on the Oprah Winfrey show? how long would it take before you blow a gasket or burst a blood vessel because you dont agree with someone else's opinion! well the security guards would do their job to the max!

It shows that since you cant handle a forum online, how would you handle a real life public forum, I guess you would be more suited to the Jerry Springer show!!!

Since light travels faster than sound,
people appear bright until you hear them speak
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by THEAMAKA(f): 10:04am On Oct 02, 2009
oh please!!!
hahaha

you obviously didnt read my post correctly.
why are you people losing sleep over what Oprah said or what Genny did or didnt do?
thats my whole point.

like i said, if you cant read my post correctly.
since you were trying to turn this thread into a "people should stop this western world glorification" or whatever its called.
THE AMAKA:

basically this is what im trying to say:

many people are turning this topic into a bashing/blaming genevieve nnaji for OPRAH mentioning her name.
do you want her to now kill herself? what is the taboo in that?
and also, some people are turning this into a "because oprah is from the west/US we glorify her. . ." blah blah and some other bullshit.
this has NOTHING and i repeat NOTHING with Oprah being from the US.
even if Oprah was from China, India, Japan, Turkey, Ghana, France, Brazil, or even Tanzania. . .
WHO CARES?!?!
the point is Oprah is one of the most powerful and influental people in the world. she has an INTERNATIONAL audience. people love Oprah and watch her show.
so this isnt about Oprah being from the US, its about what Oprah has the power to do.
im just greatful and hopeful that this can bring more international attention to Nollywood. this can potentially benefit Nollywood.
so stop venting and throwing insults at Genevieve, cause it aint her problem.
and i dont see why people are venting on Oprah either.
just shut up and be happy. shit.

but read the title of this thread. . .
WHAT IS YOUR ISSUE HERE?

even to congradulate genny, wahala dey.
anything, wahala dey.
PLEASE WRITE OPRAH ON HER SITE OR WHATEVER AND COMPLAIN TO HER, STOP VENTING.
this thread is to honor Genny.
not to be venting about Oprah.
if you have a problem with her, write her on her website.
i really dont care what Oprah said, i dont take too much offence to it and im not about to lose sleep over it.
sorry that you guys feel that way.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by jibiti: 1:58pm On Oct 02, 2009
Congrates Genny

You no dey disappoint

Oya carry go
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by redeboxx: 2:10pm On Oct 02, 2009
Each time i see her, i see confidence an goal gettin. pls revisit her pics
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by theviper1: 2:26pm On Oct 02, 2009
@omar22, guess that ur last post said it all. its time to drop the anchor and take bow cos its obvious that we are dealing with a lil kid here. am not losing sleep and am not about to get into a disrespecting match with an adolescent who is still wet under her ears. it shows that u can take the man out of the bush,bt can never take the bush out of the man or the girl in this case. i you dont kno it,then u dont know it. nao posso perdi a minha tempo com essa merda e brincadeira.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by THEAMAKA(f): 2:45pm On Oct 02, 2009
like i said earlier, i dont care what oprah said!
im not taking offence to it.
but i guess YOU ARE!
so, any problem?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by steaming(f): 4:53pm On Oct 02, 2009
Oprah can come hia too and scout for more famous stars, in naija, we make movies part 1, 2 and 3 whereva and weneva we c the opportunity!

nairaland, focus has shifted from genevieve, one of the worlds famous by oprah(part 1) to genny, d igbo girl (part 2), to thrashin and cursin amongst members (part 3 & 4, refusing to end!)

i tire o, we just too much, nollywood on nairaland!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by obyann(f): 5:12pm On Oct 02, 2009
I need to Genny's attention to this post grin grin grin
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by ifihearam: 5:30pm On Oct 02, 2009
WHO SAW IT LIVE
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by ifihearam: 5:33pm On Oct 02, 2009
ITS A BIG LIE FROM THE PIT OF HELL

WORLD FAMOUS MY FOOT,OOHHH PERHAPS WORLD FAMOUS FOR HAVING ANAL SEX WITH VICE PRESIDENTS OR THEIR SONS

IS GENNY MORE FAMOUS THAN RMD

SHE HAS NOT EVEN ACTED ANY INTERNATIONAL FILM YET YOU CALL HER WORLD FFAMOUS

WHO IS OPRAH BY THE WAY,SHE IS A PUNK ASS AND A LONELY BITCH
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by vanni(f): 6:01pm On Oct 02, 2009
@ Ifihearam

Go and hang yourself

Cos she will continue to fly higher

Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by ifysiimpa(f): 6:13pm On Oct 02, 2009
good for Genny and bad to oprah cos I think she's stupid. you accuse a country by stating there is no decent person in Nigeria, president included. and bite your word and honors one out of the bunch. I hope she doesn't expect any love from Naija.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by TheSeeker(m): 2:24pm On Oct 03, 2009
@Viper, you don't need to start bantering words with people who wish to lick a$ses of some woman who has no respect for a dear country. As for Genevivie, i don't see what impact this has on the image of the country, but anyway, my congratulatory messages to her.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Simi And Praise Cover Vanguard Allure May Edition / Defamation: DJ Spoilt Kid Apologises To Nathaniel Bassey / Etisalat Ends Contract With Olamide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.