Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,215 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

A FTM Needs Your Help Urgently (EDD Issue) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A FTM Needs Your Help Urgently (EDD Issue) (2279 Views)

A Sister Needs Help, Urgently Please! / I Need Help Urgently! (For Sale) / Depressed Wife Needs Your Urgent Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A FTM Needs Your Help Urgently (EDD Issue) by icebebe(f): 1:42pm On Aug 20, 2016
Hello NL FAM

i need your help,am 2days late to my EDD yet no contraction,no signs am so worried,pls is dere anytin i can take to make labour start,my mum said somtin abot takin gesto oil(nt sure of the spellings) pls i need help pls.av done all d exercise,walked long distance, ate pinapple,climb the stairs a million times to bring on labour but nothing seems to be happening,pls i need a solution,i want a natural birth biko help!
Re: A FTM Needs Your Help Urgently (EDD Issue) by okirewaju(f): 1:53pm On Aug 20, 2016
If your hubby is around try sex. I am not a fan of drinking any ish also.

Or better still try the pregnancy thread
Re: A FTM Needs Your Help Urgently (EDD Issue) by byvan03: 2:03pm On Aug 20, 2016
Relax, some even stay as much as 2weeks extra after EDD. Do what Okiweraju said and relax afterwards to let the embarassed get to the cervix. Seems it's your first. Keep doing what Okiweraju said till it happens. I wish you a stress free delivery.

1 Like

Re: A FTM Needs Your Help Urgently (EDD Issue) by babythug(f): 2:12pm On Aug 20, 2016
Have you seen/discussed with your Dr?

Let them check and make sure baby is fine.

Castor oil doesn't always work to induce labour. But if you've tried walking, pineapples etc i'd advice to insist that your Dr should make sure baby is fine.

Good luck!
Re: A FTM Needs Your Help Urgently (EDD Issue) by blank(f): 3:39pm On Aug 20, 2016
Castor oil has nasty side effects are like nausea, diarrhoea, etc.

Why not exercise as much as our can, have sex and eat pineapples and unripe papaya.

Worst case scenario, ask your do to induce.
Re: A FTM Needs Your Help Urgently (EDD Issue) by JustHere2Observ(f): 5:14pm On Aug 20, 2016
Your EDD is usually + or - 2 weeks, so you are still very much ok. But if you are in a hurry you can induce labor by having sex.
Re: A FTM Needs Your Help Urgently (EDD Issue) by icebebe(f): 5:15pm On Aug 20, 2016
JustHere2Observ:
Your EDD is usually + or - 2 weeks, so you are still very much ok. But if you are in a hurry you can induce labor by having sex.
pls is it hard sex?
Re: A FTM Needs Your Help Urgently (EDD Issue) by JustHere2Observ(f): 5:18pm On Aug 20, 2016
icebebe:
pls is it hard sex?

Not rough sex oo, the main thing you need is your husband's sperm inside you to trigger labor. The sperm contains prostaglandins that help in ripening the cervix. Do it constantly, and if it doesn't work it just means baby's rent is not up yet.

1 Like

Re: A FTM Needs Your Help Urgently (EDD Issue) by Mj18: 6:48pm On Aug 20, 2016
icebebe:

Hello NL FAM

i need your help,am 2days late to my EDD yet no contraction,no signs am so worried,pls is dere anytin i can take to make labour start,my mum said somtin abot takin gesto oil(nt sure of the spellings) pls i need help pls.av done all d exercise,walked long distance, ate pinapple,climb the stairs a million times to bring on labour but nothing seems to be happening,pls i need a solution,i want a natural birth biko help!

Hello, try not to worry. Ur EDD is +/- 2weeks. I'm assuming you are going for your antenatal weekly, so there shouldn't be a problem. You can try sex or walking as people suggested. Though it was castor oil that worked for me(or baby was just ready), I took it at 41 weeks on a friday and I had my baby the next day. Though if you are going the castor oil route, don't take more than a tablespoon in 4 hours, because there are side effects of too much. Just try and chill till 41 weeks, if baby hasn't come you can try the castor oil or your doctor will induce. I wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: A FTM Needs Your Help Urgently (EDD Issue) by greatgod2012(f): 8:15pm On Aug 20, 2016
No panic my sister!

Your EDD is +or- two weeks.

I had my last baby at exactly 42 weeks. When the pregnancy was 40+, I asked the Dr to induce me, he assured me that the baby is fine and that if after 42 weeks, the baby wasn't forth coming, he would induce me, and exactly the date he gave me, I started labor and actually put to bed that very day.

I wish you safe delivery in Jesus name.
Re: A FTM Needs Your Help Urgently (EDD Issue) by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 20, 2016
Don't panic, the EDD is +/- 2weeks..it will come, if you can't wait, then tell your doctor to induce you..

Don't take much of the Castor oil, it has a nauseating effect at times...

By God's grace, you shall have a safe delivery.

(1) (Reply)

Cheating Fiance / 2012 Toyota Venza Pearl White !!! / The Affair Made Her Happy Again But The Cost I Cannot Bear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.