Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,721 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? (48626 Views)

“my Sick Wife Denied Me Staying With Her. I Look After Her Business” – Man / How Can I Stop My Husband's Phone Addiction? / My Mother In-Law Checks My Phone, How Do I Stop Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by favexx(f): 12:00am On Aug 26, 2016
The boy should kukuma comes and b bleeping me as I am now married to 2 husbands. Btw if it was my brother I cant beat him or send him out oo buh my insults will do the job for me. Even when he is around I dont do anything concerning the parlour. I my self visit people and I @ least sweep and wash plate. The guy isnt tryin @ all

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by V0lv0(f): 12:01am On Aug 26, 2016
paragon40:
what if the guy does nt live with u, who will wash those plates and sweep..? Try to bear ur cross, and do ur things by urself, (ignore him, nt malice ohh).. when he finally leaves the house u wnt feel his absence, since he does nthng...u wnt be there when he will be pouring those lies, how u treated hm badly bla bla bla u will nt be dia.. Lastly u can also invent this 'rule' wash ur plate(s) after eating except ur hubby ohh..those days for mai mama house dem no born u well eat finish, drop plate/dishes, u must wash and rinse them in the sink, immediately..make u sef set sme standard..#wecanthelp u control ur hme.. U can also say uncle, so so pls help me do ths..he wnt refuse, be friendly.

Did you read her story. She never complained about her house chores but the mere fact that the guy cannot clean and do simple things for himself. How can she be fetching his water to bath. Has he not got hands? If you stayed with a relative would you expect your older aunt or sister in law to be fetching water for you to bath? If he was not there would she be fetching water for him ? Is that part of her chores?

Sometimes she will finish washing dishes then he will eat and leave his dirty plate in sink for her(an older woman) to wash. Tells her that the food is too small.She tells him to wash his plate after eating yet he deliberately doesn't then goes to sleep and she is left to clean after him. What kind of laziness is that. It's not like she is asking him to do her daily house chores.

While accommodation and food is free. How can one be so ungrateful and lack common courtesy, manners and home training?

Trust me if it was her own relative he won't be doing all those things because it would not be entertained.

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 26, 2016
Rossy99:
An undergraduate of polytechnic staying with us is growing wings. He doesn't help in domestic chores when hubby is away, he does when hubby is around, he Waits for us to tell him what to do before he does it and he is really making me angry which i hate to be.

When i report him to hubby, he won't do anything or even chastise him instead he complaints whenever i give him food that his food is too small. I'm not a bad type to give him little food cos i have conscience and it disturbs me wen i do bad but he is a glutton that only eats and sleeps without doing anything even to wash plates he use to eat.

What do i do?
You didn't say he doesn't do the things you asked him to do. Since he does them then keep telling him what to do. Simple. Must he do what you didn't ask him?.
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 26, 2016
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by kid7soccer(m): 12:05am On Aug 26, 2016
Bizibi:
you say wetin!!!!oya time Don reach fr the boy to sit up or leave.....shuuu!!!! 1 yr....una try.
good comment bro, good one
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by kingenry(m): 12:06am On Aug 26, 2016
@ Op, what relationship exists between you and your husband? Does your husband trust your judgment? Are you a full time house wife? What's your qualification? All these are determinants in running the home as a woman.

As a woman, a wife at that, you are expected to be imposing. Instead of groaning silently, call the boy in the presence of hubby and narrate his excesses, tell him you won't tolerate such, and that if he want to continue living in the house, he must participate in house chores.

After that, do not be aggressive, do not be harsh. Be gentle and kind. Assign to him his duties in the house. do not sweep for him again. Engage him in house chores. Simple! Today's youths can be lazy and irresponsible. am a young man, working with an MSc. whenever I visit anybody, I play some roles. In my home, I sweep, I mop, I clean, I cook, before going to work every morning, I prepare my uncle's breakfast and I do it religiously, not being forced but responsibly and dutifully forced, not convenient but I can only appreciate my woman tomorrow with the little she does. I still remember when I was serving when my uncle's wife was bringing out dishes for me to wash. Loads of dishes I didn't even know when they were used but I did, knowing I have to be responsible even when my uncle wasn't paying my bills, I was disappointed that day because I just came visiting. She was wrong but I did it not giving any sign of unhappiness . it's about being responsible. As daughters are being trained so also should sons. How will they help wife tomorrow if they lazy away today. Woman, be in charge! Be generous, kind, and firm!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by doskie(m): 12:07am On Aug 26, 2016
Rossy99:
An undergraduate of polytechnic staying with us is growing wings. He doesn't help in domestic chores when hubby is away, he does when hubby is around, he Waits for us to tell him what to do before he does it and he is really making me angry which i hate to be.

When i report him to hubby, he won't do anything or even chastise him instead he complaints whenever i give him food that his food is too small. I'm not a bad type to give him little food cos i have conscience and it disturbs me wen i do bad but he is a glutton that only eats and sleeps without doing anything even to wash plates he use to eat.

What do i do?
how old is the baboon?

How is hr related to you

Why is he in your house

How old is your first child

Who gives him pocket money and how much

Does he steal,? Drink beer? Smoke? Bring babes home? Bring friends home? By friends you know what i mean?

Or is he the type that reads his books? Is he the praying type?..

If his good qualities supersedes his bad features, then it means he is open to counsel, advice, and help out of youth delinquency... Thats in the case he's still young.

But if he has very negative qualities that show hr wasn't brought up properly by his parents before he came to your house, and he shows no response to counsel and punitive correction, then he has no business in your house especially where you have younger kids who may inadvertently take him as a model.
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 26, 2016
ststyreal:

Taaaaaa! Forget that thing. Which husband get only the right? Wetin be marriage? It simply means 1+1 equals to one. God forbid make I marry another person husband, as far as say na my husband I marry, na wetin I like, him go follow me like and na so e go be for him own case too. A total stranger no go come inconvenience me for my house and u say make I swallow am, na lie, e no fit work. Na my house him come and since wey him no wan behave himself then, i go show am the way. Bible say anything wey go hinder you from entering the kingdom of God, make you cut am throw way. So my brother, don't let us drag this issue, am honestly stating what I would do, even though I fervently pray not to experience such in my home but peace is paramount for a fruitful and a happy family and whatever that would hinder such should be jointly dealt with by the couple.

In short make the boy sha turn una house help in exchange for feeding and shelter....abi
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by farouk0403(m): 12:12am On Aug 26, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
the guy is not even her in-law angry he's a total stranger, living in a rent free house with free food and all, and he's been staying in the house for a year angry would you allow a stranger to stay in your house for more than a year, eating your food and not paying rent? angry

plsssssssss stop

from the way you speak I can bluntly say you leave a sad life, so you can't help someone for free right?
some women are selfish and arrogant, don't forget you are a lady you will also have children's and you you don't know what the future will behold for them, may be they will find their self in the same situation.

Helping a single soul won't do you any harm neither will it reduce your monthly income,
it will just clear any obstacle that will try to block your way in the future.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by kid7soccer(m): 12:13am On Aug 26, 2016
Dis Ur questions correct die, no vex u dey work for police cause, na them dey like ask dis kind questions
doskie:
how old is the baboon?

How is hr related to you

Why is he in your house

How old is your first child

Who gives him pocket money and how much

Does he steal,? Drink beer? Smoke? Bring babes home? Bring friends home? By friends you know what i mean?

Or is he the type that reads his books? Is he the praying type?..

If his good qualities supersedes his bad features, then it means he is open to counsel, advice, and help out of youth delinquency... Thats in the case he's still young.

But if he has very negative qualities that show hr wasn't brought up properly by his parents before he came to your house, and he shows no response to counsel and punitive correction, then he has no business in your house especially where you have younger kids who may inadvertently take him as a model.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Organs(m): 12:15am On Aug 26, 2016
greatgod2012:

ko le to yen!
This life is very simple!
And the world is a global village.

He needs your help now doesn't mean you can't need his help in the future.

It may even be your children that he will render help to in the nearest future.

We shouldn't use today to destroy our tomorrow.

Instead of making life miserable to him, speak out your mind to him, ask him if he too can accept what he's doing to you from another person. Not with screaming or cursing or throwing tantrums but maturely and patiently.

Remember, nobody is totally bad!

Correct woman: You don marry? you be beta person, reach out if you dey single or looking on changing husbands..lol but if you be man, i withdraw my proposal with the speed of usain bolt.
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by AfroKnight: 12:16am On Aug 26, 2016
The husband is probably unwilling to offend the boy's father. But he should give that boy serious warning. My wife is not everybody's wife. She cannot be washing plate for a small boy squatting in the house. This alone turned my stomach. Washing plates for the boy. Chai! Too bad. Madam, call your husband and explain. If any ward of mine should leave his plates for my wife to wash, he will find himself in his father's house that very night.

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by doskie(m): 12:20am On Aug 26, 2016
kid7soccer:
Dis Ur questions correct die, no vex u dey work for police cause, na them dey like ask dis kind questions
lolzzz... Police too dey arrest me. So i don dey learn the work small small.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by ugonna1054(m): 12:27am On Aug 26, 2016
eeyahh sorry ma!
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by kid7soccer(m): 12:27am On Aug 26, 2016
doskie:
lolzzz... Police too dey arrest me. So i don dey learn the work small small.
LOL. No b small ting oo.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Pamelayoung: 12:28am On Aug 26, 2016
Declare a 7days fasting and prayer for every1 in d house am sure he will leave on his own b4 d seven days is over.
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Carter4luv(m): 12:35am On Aug 26, 2016
learn not to take family issues outside, try to solve dem. social media solution will not help u rite now instead u will get response dat will annoy u more. dat young man is like a younger brother to u, who is under ur roof struggling for his academy career, treat him d way u will like odas to treat ur siblings.
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Excuzeme: 12:40am On Aug 26, 2016
Hmm....

You will all be very surprised if we are to hear the same story, from the angle of the guy being thrashed here by the wife.

Until l hear the guy's version of events, l will just ask the poster to ignore him while praying that he will get a job in another part of town.

The fact that the Master of the house (hubby) refused to get excited at his wife's complaints, speaks volume!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Richiy(f): 12:47am On Aug 26, 2016
Rossy99:
Am even ready to accomodate him cos i knw his family is not financially buoyant to get accomodation for him while still in skul,i expect him not go beyond his limit but he refuse.he is not d 1st person dt wud stay wit us.He is now causing division btw i nd hubby cos dey see me as d bad person,wen he want to get money frm hubby he wait till am out or go to meet him at d gate,is not that i do ask him not to give him.even wen he see dt i av wash all d dirty dishes in d kitchen,is he not suppose to wash d one he jst used in eating,he drop it nd i still go to wash it without saying anytin.i dnt knw wat he expect me to do again.he see me as a subordinate dat can't authorise him to do anytin

The truth is that nothing that boy do will ever satisfy you. This is because you simply don't like him enough to accommodate him in your heart.

Having lived with 2 different women that were not my mom. I know what I am talking about. While one was always complaining even with the chores I do, the other was more accommodating and kind. She had me right on her palm and till date, when I visit her, I gladly do all her housework because I know she truly cares about me.

Maybe you should try to show him love and kindness and watch him fall over himself trying to please you.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by sagitariusbaby(m): 12:48am On Aug 26, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
the guy is not even her in-law angry he's a total stranger, living in a rent free house with free food and all, and he's been staying in the house for a year angry would you allow a stranger to stay in your house for more than a year, eating your foodl and not paying rent? angry

You are very wicked and I hope you learn life's lessons soon. My mum accommodated several strangers in our house and till now she has single handedly trained 16 graduates among which are 7 of us his biological children.
I just pity your kind of mentality
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by JustHere2Observ(f): 12:54am On Aug 26, 2016
Freiden:

Lol...u ladies go just kill una selves ooo. If the guy no dey...won't she do the chores?? Make she kuku ma pretend like say d guy no dey dey do her chores.

This reminds me of when I was growing up....all I did was study my books, go to school and read....no more no less. My mum did all the chores and my dad assists her too. In fact I didn't learn to wash my cloths until I wrote jamb.....if the guy leaves that house today...the chores will still be hers to do....

Well she is not his mum and he is not a baby but an adult. If she is to pretend he is not there, I guess she can skip feeding him since "he is not there". Its not right to live off people and not help out.
My own brothers cannot do that because they were brought up well so why should a total stranger not even related to my husband behave that way.
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Abasanto(m): 1:07am On Aug 26, 2016
the solution here is for ur husband to tell the guy what he's supposed to do or else he should find his way out of ur house.....maybe ur husband is I dont care type....even my blood sis/bros can't do that in my house....I don't tolerate trash....either u abide by my flexible rules in my house or u leave...period....u have complained enough to him so let him not allow the guy to disrespect u as his wife...
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by blazer234: 1:31am On Aug 26, 2016
Alexgeneration:
. How does staying with one's in-law connotes "involve into their private affairs? From the OP's complain,the guy is not interfering in their private life.Rather, all I can deduce from her is that she wants to turn the guy to a househelp just because he is "eating her food" and "staying in her house".Will she make such complains if the guy is from her side of the family?

You are a very unreasonable individual.

How can you be so callous?!

The woman only asked to be assisted and you start uttering rubbish about the poor lady!

Are you saying you will like to see your wife doing all the chores in your home while your family members staying with you will be watching TV or playing all day long?

Once more, you are very unreasonable.

The woman was pregnant and the stupid idiot of a boy couldn't even assist the poor woman and here you are defending rubbish and nonsense!

You are a disgusting soul.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by blazer234: 1:33am On Aug 26, 2016
Yomieluv:
Without being told, the guy in question Is related to the hubby.. Woman, and unnecessary complain..

The woman does all the work and the guy does nothing and you call that unnecessary complain?!

It will be interesting to know the kind of upbringing you had.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Icon79(m): 1:41am On Aug 26, 2016
jhydebaba:
So after reporting to your hubby, he did nothing. You now reported to nairaland make we beat am abi You must be kidding me.

The time you are wasting here is enough for you to do your chores. Abeg! Enter kitchen go wash your plate.

You called him a glutton, make he no eat again Abeg, free the guy joor. Abi your husband dey complain say he no fit drop money again.

I know if the boy were to be from your family, you won't be here.

I really came here angling to beat up on Rossy99 but it looks like you guys had beaten me to it! If you look deep into this story, you'd realize that the dude in question must be the husband's brother or relative. She can't feel the same way about her own brother, trust me.

Tell you what, I lived with somebody like Rossy99 growing up (who happens to be my elder brother's wife). gosh, this lady showed me pepper, to put it mildly. I was in high school at that time but this woman turned me into a slave in my own brother's house! And all her siblings were also living at my brother's house at time time as well, but they all living like kings and queens whereas my mom and I were being treated ike slaves. It wasn't pretty but thank God that we just didn't survived but thrived. There is nothing bigger than God, indeed!

Meanwhile, Rossy99, I have one word of wisdom for you: Be Careful How You Treat People On Your Way Up…Because You Might Meet Them Again on Your Way Down!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by mikolo80: 1:55am On Aug 26, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
wow, the guy has no right to stay for that long angry what happened to privacy? Is he leaving soon? If not, complain to your husband and tell him your mind, if he doesn't listen, keep complaining to your husband until he tell the guy to leave. It's not right angry
when she finish nagging no get husband again I hope you get anoda remedy
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 1:58am On Aug 26, 2016
Adex097:
August Rose, why not meet me personally and pour out your mind instead of tabling my matter before Nairaland angry. Anyways, ah wee start packing my things first thing tomorrow morning sad. I thank you and uncle for the hospitality.

Hahaha, lol....you joking right?
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by mikolo80: 1:58am On Aug 26, 2016
blazer234:

The woman does all the work and the guy does nothing and you call that unnecessary complain?!

It will be interesting to know the kind of upbringing you had.
the kind that doesn't end in divorce due to nagging wife
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by barcaboi(m): 1:59am On Aug 26, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
wow, the guy has no right to stay for that long angry what happened to privacy? Is he leaving soon? If not, complain to your husband and tell him your mind, if he doesn't listen, keep complaining to your husband until he tell the guy to leave. It's not right angry
wonder why modern women have issues wt som1 staying with them.....advice her 2 learn to tolerate people. ..dude wldnt be there 4ever....wch 1 of us haven't stayed wt a relative or so in our lives....ignore him instead like u wld do all chores if he wasn't staying with you. ....works better
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by nrexzy: 2:00am On Aug 26, 2016
donbenedict:
First of all, he is not a full time house help. So you don't expect him to do all the chores alone at home.

You are a woman and you too should participate in the chores as well. He can decide not to eat your food. Because you are feeding him doesn't mean he must turn into ur househelp.

Dats one thing u modern wives just use to put up a fight with relatives.

Now since your husband isn't doing anythn abt it, u should not take laws into your hands.

U should giv him food, and tell him there and then he should wash his plates after eating.

If you are a full time house wife, den u shouldn't balance in d house an expect him to do all ur bidding, just as u pick up a broom and start sweeping the palour, guilty conscience will not allow him also to relax when he sees u doing it, he too will feel somehow and join u as well. That is how to solve such problems.

If I should ask, is he related to your husband?

Everythn shouldn't be by force. There are many ways to make someone do ur bidding
Baba u get sense....
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by youngest85(m): 2:24am On Aug 26, 2016
Rossy99:

What do i do?

And the guy is here commenting now!

Wait 4 his counter thread....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

See The Beautiful Gift God Gave To Me Through Facebook / Married Men Asking Single Guys For Help. / Chinese Woman Gives Birth To Twins From 2 Different Fathers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.