Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? (48539 Views)

“my Sick Wife Denied Me Staying With Her. I Look After Her Business” – Man / How Can I Stop My Husband's Phone Addiction? / My Mother In-Law Checks My Phone, How Do I Stop Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by erubamidele(m): 9:11pm On Aug 26, 2016
If the guy is not in your house wont you do what you are supposed to do? Why bringing this kind of issue online?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by blazer234: 9:54pm On Aug 26, 2016
mikolo80:
nagging has nothing to do with right or wrong. You don't go repeating the same thing when your partner clearly will not do anything about it. There's are other ways to make someone you do what you want without creating animosity in your home. Direct approach is clearly not an option

Seems like your mind was biased even before you started reading the piece; this is why you missed all the points the poor lady raised.
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by gabe: 10:10pm On Aug 26, 2016
I'm a man,but i cant take that rubbish from my younger brother i love so much. I had to warn my close friend who visited and was ordering my pregnant wife. You, ur hubby n d guy need a sitdown.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nsonaso(m): 10:11pm On Aug 26, 2016
Alexgeneration:
. How does staying with one's in-law connotes "involve into their private affairs? From the OP's complain,the guy is not interfering in their private life.Rather, all I can deduce from her is that she wants to turn the guy to a househelp just because he is "eating her food" and "staying in her house".Will she make such complains if the guy is from her side of the family?
My brother keep telling them the truth... This new generation wives are nothing to write home about when it comes to the way they treat their hubby siblings.
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Lordkylie(f): 12:58am On Aug 27, 2016
Nsonaso:

My brother keep telling them the truth... This new generation wives are nothing to write home about when it comes to the way they treat their hubby siblings.
new generation wives right?Did you see the thread where the male op complaind of his mil's visits and a lot of male posters lyk u adviced him to kick her out.No talk about respect whatsoever!y'all need to stop being hypocrites.Courtesy demands that you clean up after yourself and nt constitute nuisance in someone else's home.
P.S if d guy were her relative she'd have dealt with him wella bt she's trying to form so she's not labelled a bad wife.sheesh!

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Obynolee(f): 7:06am On Aug 27, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
God forbid bad tin, I rebuke you and your type in the name of Jesus! grin grin lipsrsealed

Lol!,you dey fear like this?
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 27, 2016
Obynolee:

Lol!,you dey fear like this?
why I go dey fear? grin good morning smiley
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Obynolee(f): 7:17am On Aug 27, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
yes ke grin grin

OK,remember that what goes around comes around (law of karma),the same cup you used to meature for others will be used for you(biblical). This is how it goes and my prayer for you also;you will marry,chase your husband's relations away(because you need privacy), you will have children (both male and female),the male will get married and their wives will chase your children (including you) away because they need privacy as a couple.May it be so in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Obynolee(f): 7:26am On Aug 27, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
why I go dey fear? grin good morning smiley

Good morning

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by nifton(m): 8:45am On Aug 27, 2016
greatgod2012:

ko le to yen!
This life is very simple!
And the world is a global village.

He needs your help now doesn't mean you can't need his help in the future.

It may even be your children that he will render help to in the nearest future.

We shouldn't use today to destroy our tomorrow.

Instead of making life miserable to him, speak out your mind to him, ask him if he too can accept what he's doing to you from another person. Not with screaming or cursing or throwing tantrums but maturely and patiently.

Remember, nobody is totally bad!
Madam, these words gel like agarose.Thumbs up
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by nifton(m): 8:49am On Aug 27, 2016
greatgod2012:

Call him and talk to him like a brother. Assure him that he's safe with you. Let him know that you love him and that you will appreciate him if he can reciprocate the love by respecting you and doing the right thing at home.

Give examples of what he does that do not go well with you, and with anyone he might have to live with after leaving your place, which he too can never accept from anybody.

Share life experiences with him.

Hopefully, he will turn a new leaf.
Na Human Relationship Manager u be?
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 27, 2016
veave:

Awwwn. So happy for you. Did you get a ring yet? wink

Ring ke?
Marriage is a big deal to me or I'm taking it one step at a time. cheesy smiley
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by 2sexynet: 2:24pm On Aug 27, 2016
LynnPetra:

Ring ke?
Nne, buzz me so I can save number. I lost all my contacts after factory reset. sad

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by veave(f): 4:17pm On Aug 27, 2016
LynnPetra:

Ring ke?

Good to know. Being in a happy state at all levels is what matters most. I've not given anyone chance to retwist my dada yet... Life should be one step at a time. Please make sure you have fun wink
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by favexx(f): 7:35pm On Aug 27, 2016
uote author=SleekyPosh post=48829525]

Yes Sweetz..TBT..Ive got a crush on you..Pardon my behavior...puleease.... kiss[/quote]gbam! I knew it!...sleeky posh tell me if i had insulted back would u b dis nyc?
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by SleekyPosh(m): 8:08pm On Aug 27, 2016
favexx:
uote author=SleekyPosh post=48829525]

Yes Sweetz..TBT..Ive got a crush on you..Pardon my behavior...puleease.... kissgbam! I knew it!...sleeky posh tell me if i had insulted back would u b dis nyc?

Aww...U such one extraordinare ...Jeez..Yeah i actually tested u dear...hmmm...DM me...@360events.ng IG..lol U got me 4 real cool
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 27, 2016
veave:

Good to know. Being in a happy state at all levels is what matters most. I've not given anyone chance to retwist my dada yet... Life should be one step at a time. P[b]lease make sure you have fun wink
[/b]

I'm still catching my fun, although in less crazier state unlike before cheesy.
At the end if the today, things will definitely fall in place. Steady does it. smiley
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Rossy99(f): 6:13pm On Aug 28, 2016
Tank u all for responding to my post,i enjoy some comment while some criticism here is also on point while som fall below d line.wud make adjustment.but i wnt to correct some views.1)d boy is nt hubby relation,if he is to be related to anyone it wud b me cos i nd d boy is frm same town.2) i didnt turn him to slave or houseboy i do my chores mysef but i only want him to atleast do something to help,even hubby help wit d chores.3)he is nt d 1st person to stay with us and he also went to stay wit hubby friend who is still single for a week wen we travel,wen we came bk,hubby fwend ask aw we are coping with him dt he can't cope.i also stay wit someone while growing up and i knw wat is expected.i wnt to try to shape him so dt wen he leave oneday he wud remember he learn aw ds tin here bt is difficult modelling him.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Rossy99(f): 9:32pm On Aug 28, 2016
akaballball:
Is there no hostel in d school?..... if there is find a way to pay hostel fee for him..... so may be he can come around only weekend.... by d time hunger for hostel hammer him he will appreciate.. ..Students stay in d .. explain that to ur husband..... bad behaviour repels pple.... somr guys even cook food... i know of a guy who cooks more than his madam...

That is y is advisable not to allow thembin d first place...... is better help them find a place bt pls not ur home... once had d issur of some distant relative stranded n wanted to spend d night... we paid d hotel fee instead.... so when d time is up.she goes.

Now d question is....... Do u really what him to leave ur house ? or do u just want him to change his attitude...?
shaaa
change his attitude
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 28, 2016
Rossy99:
Tank u all for responding to my post,i enjoy some comment while some criticism here is also on point while som fall below d line.wud make adjustment.but i wnt to correct some views.1)d boy is nt hubby relation,if he is to be related to anyone it wud b me cos i nd d boy is frm same town.2) i didnt turn him to slave or houseboy i do my chores mysef but i only want him to atleast do something to help,even hubby help wit d chores.3)he is nt d 1st person to stay with us and he also went to stay wit hubby friend who is still single for a week wen we travel,wen we came bk,hubby fwend ask aw we are coping with him dt he can't cope.i also stay wit someone while growing up and i knw wat is expected.i wnt to try to shape him so dt wen he leave oneday he wud remember he learn aw ds tin here bt is difficult modelling him.

Don't try to model him. He is not a child and not your child. Agree with your husband on the things he is supposed to assist you with in the house and lay them out to him in a friendly and polite way. If you feel that you can't communicate with him and maintain a friendly atmosphere, let your husband have a man to man talk with him. Make sure you don't take out your frustration on your husband.

Whoever you talk to, remember, it's not what you say but how you say it. wink

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by 2sexynet: 6:01am On Aug 29, 2016
gabe:
I'm a man,but i cant take that rubbish from my younger brother i love so much. I had to warn my close friend who visited and was ordering my pregnant wife. You, ur hubby n d guy need a sitdown.
aaaahhhhh... some people get mind o. That your friend is a complete idiot.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Oyehomie(m): 7:19am On Aug 29, 2016
katerine7:
my own be say if bros chop make he wash him plate if not next time wey I go put food for am na dat same plate I go use, I am not his maid, i don't need him for anything else other than wash your own plate(no be after I cook finish give u food chop u go kan dey expect me to wash your own plate wen bomb no dey your head), sweep d room u r sleeping in and fetch your own damn water u want to use, if he does all these then I don't have a problem with him staying, op am i making sense?
Off I go
Are ukiddn me...u re nt even nice

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by katerine7(f): 8:04am On Aug 30, 2016
Oyehomie:

Are ukiddn me...u re nt even nice
Bros me no time to be nice
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by DabuIIIT: 11:45am On Aug 30, 2016
farouk0403:

plsssssssss stop

from the way you speak I can bluntly say you leave a sad life, so you can't help someone for free right?
some women are selfish and arrogant, don't forget you are a lady you will also have children's and you you don't know what the future will behold for them, may be they will find their self in the same situation.

Helping a single soul won't do you any harm neither will it reduce your monthly income,
it will just clear any obstacle that will try to block your way in the future.

art thou talking about the achmeds in delta? Kindly let us know..i need a pal in delta.
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by doskie(m): 4:30pm On Aug 31, 2016
Oyind17:
why involve my family ? If I talk now I go get ban cos I go make sure sey I finish work but I go pass. You no worth my precious time.
e be like say na you ban me. Or you know person wey dey help you ban your enemies. No wahala. I don serve term finish. I no go ever follow anybody talk again. But wait oh! Still on the matter.. Watin concern you concern my comment? As per the busy body wey you get... Why you no just pass waka comot.
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by eyinjuege: 6:20pm On Aug 31, 2016
Obynolee:

OK,remember that what goes around comes around (law of karma),the same cup you used to meature for others will be used for you(biblical). This is how it goes and my prayer for you also;you will marry,chase your husband's relations away(because you need privacy), you will have children (both male and female),the male will get married and their wives will chase your children (including you) away because they need privacy as a couple.May it be so in Jesus name. Amen.

Why does your prayer sound vindictive?

Is that how prayer is done these days? Is the name of the Lord being called in vain or what?

Pls, prayers should be taken seriously, and not in jest. It should be edifying.

Just my 2kobo to you. No offence should be taken
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by QueenofAfrica: 1:21pm On Sep 02, 2016
Well I am also a victim to this. But in my own case, the visitor helps with chores sometimes and he is working but doesn't contribute anything to the house or even send money to his family that he left in the village, he tells them that he has not making money. He refuses to attend church service, spends all his money on alcohol, keeps late nights and sometimes when my husband confronts him, he shouts back reminding my husband that they are both age mates. when I talk to him, he will calm down for some days and resume afterwards and when I suggested to my husband to ask him to rent a house and leave, the guy will go ask people to beg my hubby not to send him away that he will change, which he did.

so just ignore the guy and alway pray for him....he will either change or leave your house in peace or in pieces.... or he will change his attitude.
That is my candid advice
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by Obynolee(f): 8:28pm On Sep 05, 2016
eyinjuege:

Why does your prayer sound vindictive?

Is that how prayer is done these days? Is the name of the Lord being called in vain or what?

Pls, prayers should be taken seriously, and not in jest. It should be edifying.

Just my 2kobo to you. No offence should be taken

"Pastor" your advice is not needed, if I sinned let God judge me or are you His advocate?,don't come here to teach me nonsense.
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by robosky02(m): 9:10pm On Sep 06, 2016
PrincessAnna:
Lol, I read in between the lines.
undecided
Re: How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? by joinnow: 1:08pm On Oct 17, 2017
Create a chore schedule and past on the fridge and boys room door.
Also include your children on the schedule.
Also print this out for him as one of the house and kitchen rules.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Man Accused Of Ordering Househelp To Unleash Dogs On His Wife In Lagos / Indonesian Man Forced To Show Joystick To In-laws To Prove He Didn’t Kill Wife / No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.