Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? (4108 Views)

Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church / Did Moses See God Or Was Timothy Wrong About No One Being Able To see God? / Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? by hahn(m): 5:18pm On Aug 20, 2016
winner01:
good boi grin

Thank you sir. Say hi to your people for me grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? by mcemmy0z: 5:21pm On Aug 20, 2016
winner01:
You don take your correction?
No be only you waka come this life. Wen you don finish, you go submit your life to the One wey give you.

Yeah, I know that, after that what's next?
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? by DeSepiero(m): 5:22pm On Aug 20, 2016
[quote author=winner01 post=48653897][/quote]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? by winner01(m): 5:23pm On Aug 20, 2016
hahn:

Thank you sir. Say hi to your people for me grin
Ehyaa, catholics shey. Ill put a call to your grandma who might know a catholic or two. grin

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? by winner01(m): 5:26pm On Aug 20, 2016
mcemmy0z:

Dont worry, just relax. You know whats next but you ignore it cos you dont like it. Just relax, you'll find out soon.

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? by hahn(m): 5:27pm On Aug 20, 2016
winner01:
Ehyaa, catholics shey. Ill put a call to your grandma who might know a catholic or two. grin

Wetin carry my grandma enter this matter? angry

What else can you expect from someone who thinks it is cool for his god to drown the whole world and leave only a drunk old man and his family alive? How christlike of you. Throwing around insults like it is holy. This is just proof that your religion teaches you no morals smiley

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? by winner01(m): 5:27pm On Aug 20, 2016
DeSepiero:

You do know christians read more books and have a long standing history of arguments than atheists right?

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? by hahn(m): 5:29pm On Aug 20, 2016
winner01:
Dont worry, just relax. You know whats next but you ignore it cos you dont like it. Just relax, you'll find out soon.

Your god only seems to show himself when bad things happen. Why can't we read that cancer has been eradicated "miraculously" or no one falls sick anymore as proof of the existence of it? undecided
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? by winner01(m): 5:29pm On Aug 20, 2016
hahn:

What else can you expect from someone who thinks it is cool for hid god to drown the whole world and leave only a drunk old man and his family alive? How christlike of you. Throwing around insults like it is holy. This is just proof that your religion teaches you no morals smiley
Ehyaa oya no vex grin

But who is "hid god"? undecided Is that the latest atheist god? undecided
Oh, I found something about catholics. grin

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? by EyeHateGod: 5:30pm On Aug 20, 2016
Aaronsrod:
The benefits is not for Nigeria. The things of this world will pass and fade. The benefits is that we may serve him and go to Heaven to dwell.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? by EyeHateGod: 5:31pm On Aug 20, 2016
winner01:
Ehyaa oya no vex grin

But who is "hid god"? undecided
Trolls with Empty brain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? by hahn(m): 5:31pm On Aug 20, 2016
winner01:
Ehyaa oya no vex grin

But who is "hid god"? undecided

E funny abi? I wish you could say that to my face smiley

Yeah, whatever. I meant to say his god. Even your god is not above mistakes since it created man and later regretted cheesy grin tongue

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? by hahn(m): 5:34pm On Aug 20, 2016
winner01:
Ehyaa oya no vex grin

But who is "hid god"? undecided Is that the latest atheist god? undecided
Oh, I found something about catholics. grin

Yes. I meant Christians. The foundation of Christianity. You guys have always been confused cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? by winner01(m): 5:34pm On Aug 20, 2016
hahn:

E funny abi? I wish you could say that to my face smiley

Yeah, whatever. I meant to say his god. Even your god is not above mistakes since it created man and later regretted cheesy grin tongue
No be by mouth oo. Well, Jesus has my heart now, you're safe.

How come i've heard "hid god" somewhere else before?
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? by hahn(m): 5:35pm On Aug 20, 2016
winner01:
No be by mouth oo. Well, Jesus has my heart now, you're safe.

How come i've heard "hid god" somewhere else before?

Lol. Yeah, whatever. grin
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? by winner01(m): 5:37pm On Aug 20, 2016
hahn:

Yes. I meant Christians. The foundation of Christianity. You guys have always been confused cheesy grin
Who is the foundation of christianity?
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? by hahn(m): 5:38pm On Aug 20, 2016
winner01:
Who is the foundation of christianity?

The catholic church. They invented the story of Jesus abi no be so?
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? by winner01(m): 5:42pm On Aug 20, 2016
hahn:

The catholic church. They invented the story of Jesus abi no be so?
Did the catholic church tell you this themselves or did you read it in another science textbook? grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? by DeSepiero(m): 5:43pm On Aug 20, 2016
hahn:

What else can you expect from someone who thinks it is cool for his god to drown the whole world and leave only a drunk old man and his family alive? How christlike of you. Throwing around insults like it is holy. This is just proof that your religion teaches you no morals smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? by winner01(m): 5:46pm On Aug 20, 2016
DeSepiero:

Nice meme, the guy in yellow is Zod right?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? by hahn(m): 5:48pm On Aug 20, 2016
winner01:
Did the catholic church tell you this themselves or did you read it in another science textbook? grin

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? by DeSepiero(m): 5:49pm On Aug 20, 2016
winner01:
You do know christians read more books and have a long standing history of arguments than atheists right?
Really?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? by EyeHateGod: 5:50pm On Aug 20, 2016
winner01:
U want to deny Roman Catholic undecided or do U think everyone Is as ignorant as U are?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? by johnydon22(m): 12:25pm On Aug 21, 2016
One of the reasons i find it difficult to induldge in such childish shows that is going on on this board lately.

everyone just left the subject of the thread and induldged in some nonsensical infantile trolling war of meaningless memes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? by winner01(m): 6:31pm On Aug 27, 2016
mcemmy0z:

Relax, you'll find out.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? by mcemmy0z: 7:02pm On Aug 27, 2016
winner01:
Relax, you'll find out.

Fucck you and your god

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? by winner01(m): 7:24pm On Aug 27, 2016
mcemmy0z:

Fucck you and your god
No matter what happened you my dear, God is still able to turn your story around. Dont forget that while there is yet life, there's hope.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? by Weah96: 11:36pm On Aug 27, 2016
johnydon22:
One of the reasons i find it difficult to induldge in such childish shows that is going on on this board lately.

everyone just left the subject of the thread and induldged in some nonsensical infantile trolling war of meaningless memes.

Memes everywhere. It's the latest form of expression, apparently writing words is too exhaustive an exercise.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 28, 2016
mcemmy0z:

And when you get to that heaven you will be shouting hallelujah from morning to night. That's worst than hell o

cheesy
This cracked me up
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? by hahn(m): 1:51pm On Dec 09, 2018
Bump
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Believing In God Or Religion To Nigeria? by ChiefOkporghe: 12:25pm On Nov 17, 2023
hahn:
Yesterday, Friday, millions of Muslims also went to mosque to pray to Allah.

Tomorrow, Sunday, will be another day when people from all over the country will go to different churches to "serve God". The Christian god, Jehovah/Yaweh depending on what denomination you belong, precisely. Some Christians even believe that Sunday is not the right day of worship but that is a discussion for another day.

And while in church, different pastors are going to scold members for not coming to church more often or for paying their tithes or for not being close to God and will threaten their congregation with eternal damnation, first class accommodation in hell, poverty, failure, a withdrawal of "security services" by god from witches and wizards or the devil in order to get members more compliant with "the word".

But the question is "what exactly is the benefit of believing in God (especially the Christian and Muslim gods) to an average Nigerian?

Let take a deeper look into this question. Does the belief in "God" or being Muslim or Christian help us:

- Love each other more? Do Nigerians now love each other more despite being enormously religious? I do not think so. From experience, despite the tenets of their religion, theists have not been able to show unconditional love for each other. In fact, the gap seems to get wider with each day.

Members of RCCG detest members of JW and likewise. Christians and Muslims also show intolerance towards each other. Christians are happy with the fact that every single Muslim and any other person who does not believe in THEIR god is going to hell. Same with the Muslims. Christians burn down shrines, label old men, women and children witches and torture them. Muslims recently killed a female Christian pastor simply because she was preaching in the morning. Christians and Muslims keep "house girls/boys aka modern day slaves"(although the bible and quran both support slavery). Christians and Muslims burn thieves without a proper trial and it is even considered a normal thing in our society.

Be more honest? Every single corrupt politician who has ever stolen or looted Nigeria's funds has either been Christian or Muslim and lots of well known men of god have supported these people. As a people, we subscribe to bribery, African time, parents proudly register their wards in "special centers" during national examinations, our civil service in dipped in corruption, we are known worldwide for drug peddling, internet fraud, con artistry and other illegal money making schemes. These people have always proven to be very religious.

Develop our infrastructure? We all know that NEPA/PHCN cannot deliver 24 hour constant power to save their lives. Our health care is in shambles and we have to provide for our own power, water and even road network.

Make us more law abiding? Just take a trip to Kirikiri, at least 98% of criminals there are religious. Same with the corrupt prison warders who care for visiting even though "visiting is free".

Make us a more prosperous nation? Even though Christians and Muslims share a large percentage of the world's wealth

Religious nations are also among the world's poorest. Aside from the US. How ironic? undecided

Putting all into consideration, you tend to wonder, why is it so difficult for Nigerians to be more focused, honest, united and loving of each other despite having a church on every street and a mosque at every junction? undecided

And what exactly is the benefit of religion, aside from tithe and offering money, to the average Nigerian?

Mature opinions please.

Source: Na me write am tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bill Gates Regrets Promoting Covid-19 Vaccine. Calls For Its Withdrawal. / Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. / If You MISS Heaven,you'll Cry!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.