Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? (8394 Views)

Catholics And Protestants Fight Inside A Bus In Anambra State (videos) / Catholics And Traditional Rulers Battle Over NYSC Camp In Imo (Photos) / How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by TomHagen: 6:49am On Oct 26, 2016
analice107:

You probably used the word 'Sneer' without knowing what it means and how it apply to a discourse.

To Sneer means an expression on a person's face that is like a smile but that shows dislike and a lack of respect for someone or something ; also : a statement, criticism, etc., that shows dislike and a lack of respect.

He started by Sneering at the Concept of "Bornagainism", i then asked him if being Born Again was my idea or Jesus'? He went on to say, " Born Again my foot" and that he pitied me for being Born Again. I went further to tell him indirectly to repent now or i will be the one to pity him after now.

If you are sincere to yourself, between i and him, who has sneered the other?
By Just mentioning hellfire, you blow off your top.
Sir, here are the words of the Master, " Except a man be born again, he can not SEE the kingdom of God, and except a man be born of water and of spirit, he can not ENTER the kingdom of God.

Believe it or yes, if you do not meet the requirements here, you'll be left outside the gate where there'll be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Exactly. You can't wait to return the favour.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by analice107: 8:14am On Oct 26, 2016
TomHagen:
Exactly. You can't wait to return the favour.
So, your bif is that i returned the favour. Guy, pls
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by analice107: 8:28am On Oct 26, 2016
Raphael81:
has ur mother repented yet
Yes sir, My mother gave her life to Christ and became Born Again in 1988 in Deeper Life Bible Church. I was a child then. She has been on fire ever since.
My Mum is a case study for a true Christian. Everyone points at her as proof of true repentance. My Mum is a living saint. Everyday, i wish to be like her.
Is your mum born again?

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by TomHagen: 8:34am On Oct 26, 2016
analice107:

So, your bif is that i returned the favour. Guy, pls
You haven't returned the favour yet. Allow him to enter hell first.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by Raphael81(m): 9:56am On Oct 26, 2016
analice107:

Yes sir, My mother gave her life to Christ and became Born Again in 1988 in Deeper Life Bible Church. I was a child then. She has been on fire ever since.
My Mum is a case study for a true Christian. Everyone points at her as proof of true repentance. My Mum is a living saint. Everyday, i wish to be like her.
Is your mum born again?

Did u not say ur mum died at childbirth Apostate
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by analice107: 12:36pm On Oct 26, 2016
Raphael81:

You'll have to quote me on that. Post it here.
I am an Apostate? hahahahahahahahahaha.
I follow the scriptures raw and pure. If that's your definition of Apostasy, No problem at all.

@TomHagen, I see you are quiet as this guy is going personal. How my Mum came into this discussion i don't know.
My comment here, did not mention Raphael, i don't even know if he exists, now he is all over the place mentioning my Mum.
My Mum is alive and well, though you wish her death, she wont die by your wish. The reverse shall be the case

Raphael i think its time you get a ban.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by analice107: 12:38pm On Oct 26, 2016
Raphael81:

If my mum died at Childbirth, how then did she give birth to me. You dey learn English?
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by TomHagen: 1:00pm On Oct 26, 2016
analice107:

I follow the scriptures raw and pure. If that's your definition of Apostasy, No problem at all.

@TomHagen, I see you are quiet as this guy is going personal. How my Mum came into this discussion i don't know.
My comment here, did not mention Raphael, i don't even know if he exists, now he is all over the place mentioning my Mum.
My Mum is alive and well, though you wish her death, she wont die by your wish. The reverse shall be the case

Sorry ma'am. I apologise on his behalf.
Raphael81 be careful sad
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by Ubenedictus(m): 3:33pm On Oct 26, 2016
Raphael81:
has ur mother repented yet
E don do, weytin concern e mama for this matter?
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by Ubenedictus(m): 3:43pm On Oct 26, 2016
biuti:

In summary, you mean Jesus was ordinary human being until "the holy spirit came upon him"?
Do you remember how bible says he was conceived? It wasn't the usual way woman conceive, it was through the word of God sent through the Angel.

So Jesus was God from the beginning because he's the word of God and John 1:1 says the word of God is God himself.
That is a funny heresy. It is called adoptionism, analice107 check d heresy out, if dat is what ur church is teaching then u are in trouble

1 Like

Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by Raphael81(m): 4:17pm On Oct 26, 2016
analice107:

oya ban me, i will open new accounts just for u
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by Raphael81(m): 4:18pm On Oct 26, 2016
analice107:

If my mum died at Childbirth, how then did she give birth to me. You dey learn English?

Go and sleep i can see how tired u look
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by Raphael81(m): 4:25pm On Oct 26, 2016
TomHagen:
Sorry ma'am. I apologise on his behalf.
Raphael81 be careful sad

Tom Hagen, a good counsellor doesn't apologise on a person's behalf, i have noticed her hatred for catholics that is why i will continue to tackle her, if she is into occultism or deeper life ish, why doesn't the old hag mind her business? At the end of the day the old hag doesn't know that we won't be judged according to our churches
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:02pm On Oct 26, 2016
Syncan:

Hahahaha, if you want to think that way, then consider the flight to Egypt, who protected the other between mother and child, Or was Jesus not God at that time?

Are you saying that it was Mary that protected God? Is Mary more powerful than God? undecided
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:04pm On Oct 26, 2016
analice107:

Is your mum born again?

Praise God for your mum! You must be blessed and highly favoured to have a mum such as that. cheesy
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by analice107: 7:06pm On Oct 26, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Praise God for your mum! You must be blessed and highly favoured to have a mum such as that. cheesy
Am so happy to have her as a mother. She has almost prayed us all into the kingdom. Few are still holding unto Mary, but will eventually come home.
Praise God.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by TomHagen: 7:09pm On Oct 26, 2016
Raphael81:

Tom Hagen, a good counsellor doesn't apologise on a person's behalf, i have noticed her hatred for catholics that is why i will continue to tackle her, if she is into occultism or deeper life ish, why doesn't the old hag mind her business? At the end of the day the old hag doesn't know that we won't be judged according to our churches
I won't call it hatred, just uneccessary aggression. I understand that tempers can fly off the roof in these situations, but una need to just chill...and she's not a hag. Trust me on this. 8-)
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by Raphael81(m): 8:03pm On Oct 26, 2016
Ubenedictus:
E don do, weytin concern e mama for this matter?

how u bro
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by Syncan(m): 6:16am On Oct 27, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Are you saying that it was Mary that protected God? Is Mary more powerful than God? undecided

Mr man, stop being silly. I asked you a question to show the ridiculousness of your line of thought, why don't you answer it.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:20am On Oct 27, 2016
Syncan:

Mr man, stop being silly? I asked you a question to show the ridiculousness of your line of thought, why don't you answer it.

Is it not your line of thought or rather belief, that Mary is the mother of God?
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by Syncan(m): 6:24am On Oct 27, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Is it not your line of thought or rather belief, that Mary is the mother of God?

I wasn't the one that started comparing Jesus and His Mother, with other men and their mothers. Why not answer the question, during the flight to Egypt, was Jesus God?
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:53am On Oct 27, 2016
Syncan:

I wasn't the one that started comparing Jesus and His Mother, with other men and their mothers. Why not answer the question, during the flight to Egypt, was Jesus God?

Jesus came as a man not as God. He came in His humanity leaving behind His glory as God. Do you believe Mary is the mother of God? undecided
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by Syncan(m): 7:05am On Oct 27, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus came as a man not as God. He came in His humanity leaving behind His glory as God. Do you believe Mary is the mother of God? undecided

Matt. 2:11 ..And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him:

Who did the three wise men worship, man or God?
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:31am On Oct 27, 2016
Syncan:

Matt. 2:11 ..And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him:

Who did the three wise men worship, man or God?

In other words what you're really saying is that Mary is the mother of God, right? undecided
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by Syncan(m): 7:52am On Oct 27, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

In other words what you're really saying is that Mary is the mother of God, right? undecided

It's just scripture i quoted. So you mean the three wise men worshiped God...the child of Mary?
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by raphieMontella: 8:02am On Oct 27, 2016
Syncan:

It's just scripture i quoted. So you mean the three wise men worshiped God...the child of Mary?
guy..you wicked!
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:22am On Oct 27, 2016
Syncan:

Who told you there were three wise men in the first place? undecided
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by Syncan(m): 12:13pm On Oct 27, 2016
raphieMontella:

guy..you wicked!

angry
Naah. Just being my brothers keeper.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by Syncan(m): 12:13pm On Oct 27, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Who told you there were three wise men in the first place? undecided

At least we agree there were wise men who gave three gifts,(how I got three is beside the point) stop chasing shadows, or have you not found any page to copy and paste for me.

Oga, So you mean the wise men worshiped God...the child of Mary? Matt.2:11
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:27pm On Oct 27, 2016
Syncan:

At least we agree there were wise men who gave three gifts,(how I got three is beside the point) stop chasing shadows, or have you not found any page to copy and paste for me.

Are you not the one quoting scriptures? Why don't you quote where you saw 3 wise men who worshipped God? undecided

Syncan:

Oga, So you mean the wise men worshiped God...the child of Mary? Matt.2:11

If the wise men worshipped God...the child of Mary, what stops you or your '3 wise men' from worshipping the [i]more powerfu[/i]l mother of God? undecided
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by Syncan(m): 1:19pm On Oct 27, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Are you not the one quoting scriptures? Why don't you quote where you saw 3 wise men who worshipped God? undecided

If the wise men worshipped God...the child of Mary, what stops you or your '3 wise men' from worshipping the [i]more powerfu[/i]l mother of God? undecided

Mtchew. Deception engulfs you. Can't even say what you believe from what you read. Keep going round and round.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:22pm On Oct 27, 2016
Syncan:

Mtchew. Deception engulfs you. Can't even say what you believe from what you read. Keep going round and round.

Says the one who couldn't quote where he got "the 3 wise men" from in Scriptures. Let me repeat my question: Since you believe the "3 wise men" worshipped God, what stops them or you from worshipping the mother of God? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Christians Can Overcome Depression / When You Attend The Feast Of A Great King / Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.