Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? (8409 Views)

Catholics And Protestants Fight Inside A Bus In Anambra State (videos) / Catholics And Traditional Rulers Battle Over NYSC Camp In Imo (Photos) / How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics (2) (3) (4)

Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by Peacefullove: 4:08pm On Oct 01, 2016
analice107:

Funny you.

What you shd ask yourself is whether Jesus worshipped, honoured, venerated, or adored the Mary the way you Catholics now do?

Am done here, believe what u like

you are just inconsistent
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by analice107: 4:16pm On Oct 01, 2016
Peacefullove:

you are just inconsistent
Go on and refute my points nah.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by orunto27: 4:50pm On Oct 01, 2016
A Son becomes 18, very well educated, and competent to do things better than the Parents, why can't he be lonely and. not solitary?
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by Peacefullove: 7:34pm On Oct 01, 2016
analice107:

Go on and refute my points nah.

your points are totally nonsensical. Nobody is named Jesus in heaven , the person named Jesus was given birth to by Mary . for you to claim Jesus is God on other threads but to come here and say he is Son of God display your inconsistency .

you well know that admitting Jesus is God here too will mean Mary is the Mother of God ( Jesus ). but instead you will say he is Son of God just to save face . smh

Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:07pm On Oct 01, 2016
analice107:

Funny you.

What you shd ask yourself is whether Jesus worshipped, honoured, venerated, or adored the Mary the way you Catholics now do?

Am done here, believe what u like.
DONT DIVERT THE ISSUE, THE CHILD MARY GAVE BIRTH TO, IS HE GOD? YES OR NO
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:13pm On Oct 01, 2016
Peacefullove:

your points are totally nonsensical. Nobody is named Jesus in heaven , the person named Jesus was given birth to by Mary . for you to claim Jesus is God on other threads but to come here and say he is Son of God display your inconsistency .

you well know that admitting Jesus is God here too will mean Mary is the Mother of God ( Jesus ). but instead you will say he is Son of God just to save face . smh

THAT IS THE PROTESTANT DILEMA. They know Jesus is God, they know he was born by mary, but their doctrines of men, pride and arrogance will prevent them from admitting that mary gave birth to God and thus the mother of GOD.

When someone sees the truth but cannot say it, then he should know he isnt serving God but his pastor.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by analice107: 8:24pm On Oct 01, 2016
Ubenedictus:
No
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by analice107: 8:25pm On Oct 01, 2016
Ubenedictus:
No. Now that he has gone back to Heaven, is he still son of Mary?
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:21pm On Oct 01, 2016
analice107:

No. Now that he has gone back to Heaven, is he still son of Mary?
If u dont belive Jesus is GOD, then i certainly have nothing to discuss with u.
have a nice day.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:31am On Oct 05, 2016
Ubenedictus:

If u dont belive Jesus is GOD, then i certainly have nothing to discuss with u.
have a nice day.

Jesus came as a human. He did not come as God even though He was equal with God before He stepped out of eternity. cool
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by Syncan(m): 5:02pm On Oct 05, 2016
Peacefullove:

hahahahaha, you've not seen anything yet.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:37pm On Oct 06, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus came as a human. He did not come as God even though He was equal with God before He stepped out of eternity. cool
IN CHRIST DWELLS THE FULLNESS OF THE GODHEAD BODILY. he didnt stop been GOD when he came to each. he was still God and is still God. the Godhead didnt disappear from him when he came to earth.

Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by Syncan(m): 7:23am On Oct 08, 2016
Ubenedictus:
IN CHRIST DWELLS THE FULLNESS OF THE GODHEAD BODILY. he didnt stop been GOD when he came to each. he was still God and is still God. the Godhead didnt disappear from him when he came to earth.

Amen Amen. As a matter of fact, he is Emmanuel (God with us).

Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by biuti(f): 11:41pm On Oct 09, 2016
analice107:

Funny you.

Am done here, believe what u like.

Who worships Mary? Certainly, not Catholics. We honour her, we don't worship her.

Are you saying Jesus didn't honour his mother when he was physically on earth?

Let me show you some of the words we use in honouring her:
"Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you, blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus "

Luke 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

That is from Angel Gabriel sent by God, means the message is from God himself.

So, when has it become sin to repeat words that came from God himself? Even when we're sure she's still interceding on our behalf?
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by biuti(f): 11:45pm On Oct 09, 2016
analice107:

No

No? Do you read bible to understand?

Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by biuti(f): 11:56pm On Oct 09, 2016
analice107:

Jesus. the son of God.

When the spirit of God went into Mary and emerged as flesh, a name was given to him, JESUS. He took flesh and became as one of Us. flesh and bones.

That flesh couldn't do anything until the time appointed by Heaven. And, when that time came, he was baptised and afterwards, the HOLY SPIRIT CAME UP HIM.
To begin his ministry, he fasted. he needed the help of Angels when he was weak in the flesh. he ate, got tired and slept.

He was killed.

You are ignoring a very vital point here.
Was Mary the mother of Jesus while He was in heaven before coming to earth?

In summary, you mean Jesus was ordinary human being until "the holy spirit came upon him"?
Do you remember how bible says he was conceived? It wasn't the usual way woman conceive, it was through the word of God sent through the Angel.

So Jesus was God from the beginning because he's the word of God and John 1:1 says the word of God is God himself.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by biuti(f): 12:00am On Oct 10, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

If it is not written then it is not scripture.

And what if it's written but not in the bible?
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by biuti(f): 12:03am On Oct 10, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus came as a human doesn't mean he's no more God. He was conceived by the word of God which is still God himself.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:20pm On Oct 14, 2016
Ubenedictus:

So was Mary at any point in time more powerful than God since mothers at some point are more powerful than their children? undecided
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:38pm On Oct 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
What are the differences between Catholics and Protestants? Why is there so much conflict between Protestants and Roman Catholics?

We know that there are several important differences between Roman Catholics and Protestants. While there have been many attempts in recent years to find common ground between the two groups, the fact is that the differences remain, and they are just as important today as they were at the beginning of the Protestant Reformation. So what are the differences between them?

Suggested answer:

https://gotquestions.org/difference-Catholic-Protestant.html
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by Raphael81(m): 7:54am On Oct 25, 2016
analice107:

I think what he meant to ask was, do you believe Jesus was God before he was manifest in the flesh (that is before he was born here) ? If you say yes, then the question

"Was Mary his mother while he was in heaven before he was manifest in the flesh?

You know, Jesus made us to understand his pre-existence before coming to earth.

So, in Christ's pre-life, was Mary his mother?

And will Mary be his mother when he comes back?

Smh, so?
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by Syncan(m): 8:09am On Oct 25, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

So was Mary at any point in time more powerful than God since mothers at some point are more powerful than their children? undecided

Hahahaha, if you want to think that way, then consider the flight to Egypt, who protected the other between mother and child, Or was Jesus not God at that time?
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by analice107: 3:31pm On Oct 25, 2016
Raphael81:

Smh, so?
What is so? Didn't you see those questions?
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by Raphael81(m): 7:07pm On Oct 25, 2016
analice107:

What is so? Didn't you see those questions?
with ur type of radical misdirected mindset and anti- catholicism, people will never see the need to become christians "born again" my foot
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by analice107: 8:19pm On Oct 25, 2016
Raphael81:
with ur type of radical misdirected mindset and anti- catholicism, people will never see the need to become christians "born again" my foot
Na me tell you to become born again or Jesus?
lol. inside your mind now you don say something reasonable. Dont be born again let's see who will loose at the end.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 25, 2016
mary was just a sinner like every one else but she was saved by grace.
I urge catholics to turn to the creator rather than the created.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by Raphael81(m): 9:17pm On Oct 25, 2016
analice107:

Na me tell you to become born again or Jesus?
lol. inside your mind now you don say something reasonable. Dont be born again let's see who will loose at the end.

i pity u smh
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by analice107: 9:46pm On Oct 25, 2016
Raphael81:

i pity u smh
Why is that? You pity me for being Born Again? Okay nah, pity me now, i will pity you if you don't repent. Turn by turn ba?
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by analice107: 9:55pm On Oct 25, 2016
Raphael81:

i pity u smh
Why is that? You pity me for being Born Again?
Okay nah, pity me now, i will pity you later wen i see you in hellfire, if you don't repent. Turn by turn ba? Its your turn now, Pity me.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by TomHagen: 10:22pm On Oct 25, 2016
analice107:

Okay nah, pity me now, i will pity you later wen i see you in hellfire, if you don't repent. Turn by turn ba? Its your turn now, Pity me.
Chai... I know you just can't wait to sneer ''I told you so'' at people in hell.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by analice107: 10:51pm On Oct 25, 2016
TomHagen:
Chai... I know you just can't wait to sneer ''I told you so'' at people in hell.
You probably used the word 'Sneer' without knowing what it means and how it apply to a discourse.

To Sneer means an expression on a person's face that is like a smile but that shows dislike and a lack of respect for someone or something ; also : a statement, criticism, etc., that shows dislike and a lack of respect.

He started by Sneering at the Concept of "Bornagainism", i then asked him if being Born Again was my idea or Jesus'? He went on to say, " Born Again my foot" and that he pitied me for being Born Again. I went further to tell him indirectly to repent now or i will be the one to pity him after now.

If you are sincere to yourself, between i and him, who has sneered the other?
By Just mentioning hellfire, you blow off your top.
Sir, here are the words of the Master, " Except a man be born again, he can not SEE the kingdom of God, and except a man be born of water and of spirit, he can not ENTER the kingdom of God.

Believe it or yes, if you do not meet the requirements here, you'll be left outside the gate where there'll be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Re: What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? by Raphael81(m): 3:58am On Oct 26, 2016
analice107:

Okay nah, pity me now, i will pity you if you don't repent. Turn by turn ba?
has ur mother repented yet

T.B. Joshua Donates N10m To Less Privileged In The North / Finally, Atheists Can Be Proven Wrong! / Don't Beat Your Wife - Pastor Chris

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49