Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Daily Reflections - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Reflections (369 Views)

Catholic Daily Reflections For February 2, 2018: Topic - Fulfilling Our Mission / DAILY REFLECTIONS. Theme: The Pollutters! / Philosophical Reflections: The Other Side Of Reality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daily Reflections by Mekky2010: 4:56pm On Aug 20, 2016
DAILY REFLECTIONS

FRIDAY, 19th August, 2016

THEME: THE GOOD IN ADVERSITY

TEXT: ROMANS 5:1-15

Day - Galatians 1-2 , Night- 2 Chro. 5-6

Memory Verse: Romans 5:3 "And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance"

What good could ever come from failing an examination, for the first time in one's life, or in the final year at the University? None, you might be tempted to say. I had the same inclination until my mentor shared his testimony with me. He was by any standard a brilliant student and so it was a rude shock when he went to check his final year result in the University in the United Kingdom (UK) and did not find his name in the pass list talk less of First Class (from which he started his scrutiny). Out of shame, he relocated to another university to retake the final year in order to obtain his first degree.

It turned out that the Firm which later engaged him as an Article clerk when he eventually graduated would not have been in the position of employing him a year earlier. He spent the 30 years of his professional working career, meritoriously, in that firm and its affiliate in Nigeria, rising to the pinnacle of the firm and making valuable friendship along the way.

When Romans 5:3 says "...we also glory in tribulations.." it does not mean that we rejoice in the trial itself. We rejoice in the knowledge of what God is doing in our lives through the trials that He allows us to experience. This is Apostle Paul's testimony concerning his 'thorn in the flesh' (2 Cor. 12:7-10). The trials you are passing through is not designed to destroy you. It will be your stepping stone to glory.

HYMN: Eng Methodist Hymn Book 527 - Sometimes a light surprises

PRAYER: Merciful Father, please reveal Your mind to me concerning the situation that I am going through and grant me peace. Amen.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

God-given Dreams / How To Make Faith Bring Resulted / Pray And Help Us Realize Our Christian School Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.