Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,810 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Philosophical Reflections: The Other Side Of Reality - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Philosophical Reflections: The Other Side Of Reality (477 Views)

Philosophical Reflections - Understanding The Concepts Of Beliefs / Why Is There Something Rather than Nothing.... Let's Talk Philosophical / Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Philosophical Reflections: The Other Side Of Reality by prettydpri: 7:01pm On Jul 07, 2016
The Other Side of Reality
[img]http://3.bp..com/-vfAqzlcAHKM/UEzgTz0QnZI/AAAAAAAAAQc/7YWiCtMlai8/s1600/senses.jpg[/img]

Reality maybe defined as real existence, all that exists or happens, a type of existence, totality of real things. This may be a dictionary definition of reality, but what actually is reality.
Some philosophical schools of thought say that for something to be real, it has to exist in the now. So can you regard all that happened in the past as not real? What about events in the future? Can’t you consider them as real before experiencing its reality in the present? I fault this view because it is coined from a third person perspective ruled by time and limited by space, which infact limits the already limited theory to the ambits of this time ruled sphere.
Another view that is widely accepted is that for anything to be real, we must be able to see it, feel it and touch it. But elementary physics tells us that the color we actually see isn’t the real color, but a reflection of another color that isn’t absorbed by the object. This explains why under a different kind of light the color of an object changes. Another typical example is air. In a closed room, you may not notice the presence of air because you cannot touch or feel air, but when the air is in motion by virtue of a fan or ventilation, you cannot deny its reality.
What then is reality? What is that side of reality that makes it actually real? How can you know what is real? What isn’t ?

To answer this question, we need to understand some basic ‘realities’ about reality

Beyond Time

Reality is beyond time. It relates with the past, interacts with the present and determines the future. Reality functions independent of time. Infact when time ceases, reality still remains. The reality of Jesus is beyond the fact that he walked the face of the earth 2000 years ago(past). But that, he is “…the same yesterday, and today(present), and forever(beyond time)”(heb 13:cool.

When moses encountered The lord in the burning bush, and he asked whom should I say sent me, the lord replied, “… I AM THAT I AM …”(Exod 3:14) This was a remarkable statement the Lord used to describe his reality. I AM is beyond time. Whatever exists now( or has existed before), and would with time cease to exist, I dare to say unto you reader IS NOT REALLY REAL.

Beyond the Senses

Reality is beyond the senses. Mystics would agree with me that There is a realm that is beyond this sphere which is more real than what you see. In fact this world you see is just one of the worlds that exist; the scriptures supports this too “Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.”(Heb 11:3) . it talks about “worlds” , not just the “world” you can see. Faith is an attribute of the human spirit. It is through the human spirit that we relate to things that are unseen. The earth is an off-shoot of the spiritual. It is the physical eco-department of the universe. Physical beings live on the earth which is in the spirit world. Everything you see and relate with physically, either real or unreal was first conceived in the spirit. You may not be conscious of this but you are actually living out a script that is already written(and re-written ) in the spirit. The scope of this piece is not on the spiritual but on reality, Either way , I cannot talk about one without mentioning the other.

Durable

Reality is durable. It not only stands the test of time or is beyond time, it stands at the end of time. Everyone is talking about the end of the world, about the great destruction that may occur. Some have said the end would come by winter 2012, even if I or you do not agree. There is one thing we all must agree at, and that is the end will surely come. This piece is not about the end, but about Reality (what will remain at the end of time). The bible supports the theory of the end, it states that “Heaven and earth shall pass away…”(Math 24:35) the earth shall pass away, it is indeed passing away. The question now is ,what will remain after the passing? I will answer this question in a coming article titled PHILOSOPHY OF THE HUMAN SPIRIT
FULL ARTICLE AT http://www.st-princex.com/2012/09/the-other-side-of-reality-part-1.html

(1) (Reply)

Photos From Pastor Adeboye's Condolence visit To The Family Of Murdered Preacher / We’re Hungry, Workers Of Oyakhilome’s National Daily Cry Out / 3 Types Of Christians Jesus Might Turn Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.