Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,172 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Is Sonips Resources Company Ltd Job Vacancies A Scam?! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is Sonips Resources Company Ltd Job Vacancies A Scam?! (6490 Views)

Jobs At Nigerian Bottling Company Ltd / Graduate Vacancies @ A Telecommunication Company [picture] / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Sonips Resources Company Ltd Job Vacancies A Scam?! by Nobody: 12:29am On Sep 29, 2009
Seems this scam thing on job seekers is now on the rise.

I saw a vacancy online and told a friend about it. The company supposedly is situated in Lagos but since I reside in Ibadan I decided to inform my friend there who is equally job searching to try out the opening. The application process requires any interested applicant to go to their office to pick up an application form.

The company's name is Sonips Resources Company LTD. They are meant to be located around Agidingbi Ikeja. The vacancies advertised includes Customer Service officers, Operations officers, Sales/marketing agents, Security agents and drivers.

My friend was interested in applying for the customer service officer position but on getting there he was asked to pay the sum of 1000naira. He was perplexed so he asked why. He was told that there were even other positions that were charged 2000naira so why was he complaining. And that there was no way he would be allowed to take the test if he was invited unless he paid the amount. He decided to pay because he felt it will help him stand a better chance.

The question is, is there any reason an employer should charge job applicants money for them to have a chance at the job? I see no difference between this Sonips' deal that job test scam in kaduna (Nobleone).

Anyone with any credible information about this Sonips company should please indicate. If not then I would advise everyone to stay clear. Scammers must not continue to thrive on the despair of innocent jobseekers.
Re: Is Sonips Resources Company Ltd Job Vacancies A Scam?! by 1forall: 8:59am On Sep 29, 2009
Never heard of sonips, their name sounds funny sef grin
Re: Is Sonips Resources Company Ltd Job Vacancies A Scam?! by nnemak(m): 1:51pm On Sep 29, 2009
asernalguy:

the resource company is not a fake.though they ask for #1000, a friend of my just got a job as a marketer with uba through them.

How come your 1st post is an immediate reply to these scam allegations,

I just hope you are not part of that company?
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Is Sonips Resources Company Ltd Job Vacancies A Scam?! by bestliner: 9:24am On Sep 30, 2009
it is definately a fake company. i was there myself the setting screamed scam. they asked me to pay #1000 too but i would rather use it to gp round v.i to submit my cv's. they are theives i say and next time please listen to your spirit it never lies, if it says scam, scam it is.
Re: Is Sonips Resources Company Ltd Job Vacancies A Scam?! by Temmiegirl(f): 2:17pm On Sep 30, 2009
The company is real. I was there, i paid the money, they actually recruit customer service pple and cash and teller for UBA nationwide and some micro finance banks. Although im still waiting for them to call me for an interview or smth.
Re: Is Sonips Resources Company Ltd Job Vacancies A Scam?! by niddamugu(m): 6:04pm On Oct 06, 2009
OLAJIDE,

this is now my vocation - exposing the evil in this forum and the society at large. the UBA you quoted has career column on their website and i am sure somebody in the HR is always looking into that periodically for suitable candidate(s). these guys now work like estate agents who put sign boards outside - TO LET: 2/3 bedrooms, mini-flat, duplex, etc. you just make the "mistake" of asking for inspection of anyone of the properties, then you would know you're in big trouble - extortion of various sums from you (okada, phone call, even pure water).

these recruitment agencies / vacancies are all (read my lips, ) FAKE.

thank you.
Re: Is Sonips Resources Company Ltd Job Vacancies A Scam?! by Carshopper(m): 6:18pm On Oct 06, 2009
Olajide. If they have contracts wit d companies u mentioned then .1.it wil be that they are hiring contract staffs for this companies and 2. You would not need to pay the sum of 1000k,cus when they hire you a large part of your salary goes to them.have you heard of icnl?they recruit contract staff for 1st bank and thats how they make their money.sonips smells!
Re: Is Sonips Resources Company Ltd Job Vacancies A Scam?! by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 06, 2009
@Olajide301
my dear friend, this is a free country and we live in an era of freedom of speech. If someone decides to contribute to this thread and criticizes so-called recruitment agencies like Sonips because of the experiences they might have had with them, how is that your headache? At least you claim the got you your job which means you are gainfully employed. What if you paid all that money and you didn't get the job? Won't you be equally as bitter?

Please, this is a forum for discussion. Ok? Let everybody feel free to speak their mind. At the end of the day, the truth shall prevail. Thanks for your contribution.

Note:
kempest:

Anyone with any credible information about this Sonips company should please indicate. If not then I would advise everyone to stay clear. Scammers must not continue to thrive on the despair of innocent jobseekers.

Re: Is Sonips Resources Company Ltd Job Vacancies A Scam?! by nnemak(m): 2:49pm On Oct 09, 2009
All these newbie Sonips Resources staff coming wit diff NL ID and trying to defend their( SCAM) source of income. Its easy to see you guys have one or two post!!!!
Its just so sad that job is getting difficult for people to get!
I would tell anybody to run 4 40 [b][/b]once you are told to pay money (even if its 50naira) when it come to job.

UBA recruitment bla bla bla my foooooooooooooooot
Re: Is Sonips Resources Company Ltd Job Vacancies A Scam?! by Toppiano(m): 12:32pm On Jun 11, 2010
This is an old thread, but anyway, I would like to say something. There is no registered company in Nigeria that is a scam, if CAC gave them Certificate of Registration. It shows their business is legal. It now depends on individuals to use their discretion in making decision. With all the companies mentioned above, one can easily go there to confirm if the Sonips story is real or scam, instead of allowing someone to brainwash you with fake stories. I am a sonips staff and if you care to know anything call the office line on 01-7368601, or send me a mail on mrbeoni@yahoo.com, or better still come to our office beside former Mama Cass office in Agidingbi. After all seeing is believing!!!

If you want to know Scammers go to their office. This is not e-breakthrough or something. Go to UBA, Connect Marketing, Top Crown , Fumman, etc find out yourself and stop yourself from being someone else fool. And if you want to confirm just fill UBA/GTB etc online application, and see how long it takes you to get a job, if it is easy. Such jobs are given to HR firm to do, and Sonips is just one of the major of such. Other are C&M exchange, Quantica, Excel and lots more. The fact that you have not been considered can only mean two things, either you are not good enough to be considered or you are still being kept in view.

Although this is Nigeria where anything can happen, yet every company would not be the same.
Re: Is Sonips Resources Company Ltd Job Vacancies A Scam?! by raybekah6(f): 5:17am On Sep 08, 2017
@Toppiano, So If you are doing a legitimate job that you would be paid for, then why first collect money from poor job seekers. That's already a SCAM!
If you guys are truly legit, then you should review your policy.

(1) (Reply)

Workforce Calling / Vacancy For Assistant Procurement Officer/electrical Engineer At Eko Maintenance / My Experience On The NIS Recruitment Screening Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.