Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,809 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

What Pushed You To Repentance:the Love Of God/heaven Or The Fear Of Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Pushed You To Repentance:the Love Of God/heaven Or The Fear Of Hell? (478 Views)

Where Will Mad People Go To: Heaven Or Hell? / Archaeologists Find Gates Of Hell In Saudi Arabia / Are You Going To Heaven Or Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Pushed You To Repentance:the Love Of God/heaven Or The Fear Of Hell? by Nairastake: 11:41am On Aug 21, 2016
Happy Sunday nairalanders,

So I was listening to a sermon and was expecting to hear good news (which is the gospel), but the preacher spend most time declaring hell fire for all sinners if they don't repent, even describing how painful and gory that place will be.

Then I was asking myself, do people repent because of the fear of hell or because of the love of God/beauty of heaven?
Re: What Pushed You To Repentance:the Love Of God/heaven Or The Fear Of Hell? by timy22(f): 11:54am On Aug 21, 2016
To me, its d feelings and change that comes with repentance.
I feel more closer to God, and relate with him better.
Also I feel more secured.

(1) (Reply)

Is Sultan Palace Another State House, Was Kerry Invited By The Sultan? – CAN / How Do You Know If You Were Blessed In Church? / Top Saudi Cleric: Iranians Are Not Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.