Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

iPhone 6S: Honest Review - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone 6S: Honest Review (69929 Views)

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included / Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much / Honest Review On Bluboo X550 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 11:25am On Aug 22, 2016
greenhulk:

There's no need to argue this. Yes the link is from brg.com but they stated that the test was carried out by phone arena. Oya post me ur own proofs that galaxy s7 edge has a better battery than iPhone 6s plus. I've used different Samsung phones, they suck at standby time. Out of the box iPhone 6s has better battery, don't even near the 6s plus.

I think @greenhulk sounds like a very experienced iPhone user. I seem to agree with him. Apple have something for optimization and believe me they do it so well! What kills Samsung Devices is the Android bloatware and their high demand AMOLED DIsplays. That is why I will prefer iPhone to stick to their IPS Displays. No need moving to AMOLED. We don't need it. iOS is sweet!!

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 11:30am On Aug 22, 2016
greenhulk:

If u have one of the newer Samsung flagship phones (from s6 upwards) and u don't have a gear vr headset then u are really missing. There's no way to explain vr unless u experience it urself. U ever wanted to watch ur favorite club play like u are in the stadium, or u are in the same dressing room with them? U want to visit the moon? U want to go to the cinema but don't have time? Yes u can visit world class cinema right from ur home using a vr headset, relax and watch movies in the big screen just like u are in the cinema. Gear vr is lots of fun bro.. If u have one of those Samsung phones then get a gear vr and unlock the full power of ur phone.

Apple may just reply with their own version of Gear VR soon.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Phonefanatic: 11:32am On Aug 22, 2016
greenhulk:

There's no need to argue this. Yes the link is from brg.com but they stated that the test was carried out by phone arena. Oya post me ur own proofs that galaxy s7 edge has a better battery than iPhone 6s plus. I've used different Samsung phones, they suck at standby time. Out of the box iPhone 6s has better battery, don't even near the 6s plus.

This is exactly from phonearena before Galaxy s7 edge was launched look and you can see the link.

I will always tell people if you want to buy a phone don't follow those pictures rather read review from users experience you will see comments online afterwards you decide.

I hope that gives you a clue.

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 11:34am On Aug 22, 2016
Phonefanatic:

This is exactly from phonearena before Galaxy s7 edge was launched look and you can see the link.

I will always tell people if you want to buy a phone don't follow those pictures rather read review from users experience you will see comments online afterwards you decide.

I can't see iPhone 6S in the list.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Phonefanatic: 11:37am On Aug 22, 2016
Bossmd:

I can't see iPhone 6S in the list.

Hold on its a longer screenshot not loading yet
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 22, 2016
Phonefanatic:

There's no iPhone 6s plus on that list.

Secondly, Samsung phones have a way of having good battery when bought new, but after a few months the battery becomes terrible. I've had first class experience and I k of what I'm saying. Iphones on the other hand maintain their normal battery life for at least one year before u start experiencing a drop in battery performance.

Having galaxy s6 at the top in ur picture is a joke. After like 3 months of use that thing cannot survive 3 hours of screen on time. Google it, search youtube and u will find out galaxy s6 is one of the phones with worst battery life.

3 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Phonefanatic: 11:44am On Aug 22, 2016
Well here is the actual link and you can see all the comparison you need about the 2 phones then decide which performs better.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/benchmarks
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Phonefanatic: 11:47am On Aug 22, 2016
greenhulk:

Secondly, Samsung phones have a way of having good battery when bought new, but after a few months the battery becomes terrible. I've had first class experience and I k of what I'm saying. Iphones on the other hand maintain their normal battery life for at least one year before u start experiencing a drop in battery performance.

Having galaxy s6 at the top in ur picture is a joke. After like 3 months of use that thing cannot survive 3 hours of screen on time. Google it, search youtube and u will find out galaxy s6 is one of the phones with worst battery life.

Bro no cause for alarm anyone can pay you to do a review the best way to go always is reading day to day user experience online. You see their reviews not those sites that test a phone and zoom to the next one I'm talking about user experience
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 11:50am On Aug 22, 2016
greenhulk:

If u have one of the newer Samsung flagship phones (from s6 upwards) and u don't have a gear vr headset then u are really missing. There's no way to explain vr unless u experience it urself. U ever wanted to watch ur favorite club play like u are in the stadium, or u are in the same dressing room with them? U want to visit the moon? U want to go to the cinema but don't have time? Yes u can visit world class cinema right from ur home using a vr headset, relax and watch movies in the big screen just like u are in the cinema. Gear vr is lots of fun bro.. If u have one of those Samsung phones then get a gear vr and unlock the full power of ur phone.

But you cannot go everywhere with a gear vr
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 22, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Bro no cause for alarm anyone can pay you to do a review the best way to go always is reading day to day user experience online. You see their reviews not those sites that test a phone and zoom to the next one I'm talking about user experience

I have been using a galaxy s6 for over a year, great phone, terrible battery. I have to charge it at least 3 times a day. If I have 100% by 7am... By 12 noon it would be down to 20% with power saving on. If u use my iPhone 5s the same way I would still have 50% by noon without power saving on. IPhone 5s has a considerable smaller battery than galaxy s6. If that is not first hand experince enough then what is? If I have 100% battery by 10pm and go to bed, by the time I'm up by 6am I would have like 93%... On my iPhone I wouod still have 100%. This has been the case with the s5, s4 and s3 which I've used. The only Samsung flagship I didn't buy is the s7, but would probably get the note 7.

The area Samsung phones shine is while watching videos, but for Web browsing it consumes more battery than iphones.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 22, 2016
Bossmd:

But you cannot go everywhere with a gear vr

Of course u can't. Virtual reality is becoming popular.... Htc vive and oculus rift cost more than $1,000 to set up but those are the highest level of vr experince u can have. Playstation vr costs $400 and will be released in less than 2 months... That will be the average experiment and probably the most popular. Samsung gear vr is entry level and the best mobile experince u can have right now, costs $100. Google are going to release the daydream very soon which is supposed to redefine mobile vr.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Phonefanatic: 12:04pm On Aug 22, 2016
greenhulk:

I don't I now your experience about phones but let me explain what you likely don't know.

Most Samsung phones comes out of the box with moderate battery life you tend to get a far better battery life after a few cycle of charges. A cycle means draining your battery and giving a full charge.

Now this is the confusing part a site like phonearena and others will run their test as soon as the phone comes out they don't have the patience to go through a few cycle of charges because they want to be the first to break the news. Go on that site and you will see they have already given test on Note 7 lol.

Now when a user buys this phone and go through a cycle of charges they end up getting a far better battery life then leave a contrary review based on their day to day experience.

On the other hand Iphones comes out with best batter life out of the box. These are phones with different OS and architectural designs.

I don't know if this makes any sense to you and if you wish I can post my standby time of my phone by taking a screenshot you will be surprised I go the whole day on heavy user and still have about 40% left by 9pm.
My screen on time will tell you how long I made use of the phone.

4 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 12:15pm On Aug 22, 2016
greenhulk:

I have been using a galaxy s6 for over a year, great phone, terrible battery. I have to charge it at least 3 times a day. If I have 100% by 7am... By 12 noon it would be down to 20% with power saving on. If u use my iPhone 5s the same way I would still have 50% by noon without power saving on. IPhone 5s has a considerable smaller battery than galaxy s6. If that is not first hand experince enough then what is? If I have 100% battery by 10pm and go to bed, by the time I'm up by 6am I would have like 93%... On my iPhone I wouod still have 100%. This has been the case with the s5, s4 and s3 which I've used. The only Samsung flagship I didn't buy is the s7, but would probably get the note 7.

The area Samsung phones shine is while watching videos, but for Web browsing it consumes more battery than iphones.

I currently use the S4 and the battery life is now so embarrassing. On a full charge and going full throttles on Internet and heavy usage the battery cannot last more than two hours. I have used the device for about two years now. Samsung batteries tend to depreciate so fast. That is where Apple is better, simple. No need for any arguments on this one, it's an incontrovertible fact.

But when it comes to beautiful display Samsung completely outshines Apple with the AMOLED Screens and solid camera features. But if you need a durable product with good resale value the iPhone is it. I am fed up of Android and will hopefully wait for the iPhone 7, if the iPhone 7 doesn't cut it I will wait for the Apple 10th Anniversary iPhone 8.

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 22, 2016
Phonefanatic:

I don't I now your experience about phones but let me explain what you likely don't know.

Most Samsung phones comes out of the box with moderate battery life you tend to get a far better battery life after a few cycle of charges. A cycle means draining your battery and giving a full charge.

Now this is the confusing part a site like phonearena and others will run their test as soon as the phone comes out they don't have the patience to go through a few cycle of charges because they want to be the first to break the news. Go on that site and you will see they have already given test on Note 7 lol.

Now when a user buys this phone and go through a cycle of charges they end up getting a far better battery life then leave a contrary review based on their day to day experience.

On the other hand Iphones comes out with best batter life out of the box. These are phones with different OS and architectural designs.

I don't know if this makes any sense to you and if you wish I can post my standby time of my phone by taking a screenshot you will be surprised I go the whole day on heavy user and still have about 40% left by 9pm.

I don't think Li ion batteries need a complete discharge and recharge cycle to get optimum result.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 22, 2016
Bossmd:

I currently use the S4 and the battery life is now so embarrassing. On a full charge and going full throttles on Internet and heavy usage the battery cannot last more than two hours. I have used the device for about two years now. Samsung batteries tend to depreciate so fast. That is where Apple is better, simple. No need for any arguments on this one, it's an incontrovertible fact.

But when it comes to beautiful display Samsung completely outshines Apple with the AMOLED Screens and solid camera features. But if you need a durable product with good resale value the iPhone is it. I am fed up of Android and will hopefully wait for the iPhone 7, if the iPhone 7 doesn't cut it I will wait for the Apple 10th Anniversary iPhone 8.

Exactly. Samsung batteries degrade too fast.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 22, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Actually I do not trust these battery statistics because it only counts when u have a full charge. That means when u top up ur phone let's say from 40-80% it won't reset the counter unless u charge to 100%. For example, I just unplugged my phone about 10 mins ago after charging from 30-83% and it is telling me I have used almost 2 hours on battery Wtf.

However, I get up to 7 hours usage time on my iPhone with over 25hrs standby time with WiFi connected. That is something a Samsung Phone would struggle to attain.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 12:41pm On Aug 22, 2016
greenhulk:

Its so disappointing that a premium phone like S6 touts such a bad review on battery life.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 12:43pm On Aug 22, 2016
@greenhulk, you mean iOS allows the use of VPNs?
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Phonefanatic: 12:46pm On Aug 22, 2016
greenhulk:

Actually I do not trust these battery statistics because it only counts when u have a full charge. That means when u top up ur phone let's say from 40-80% it won't reset the counter unless u charge to 100%. For example, I just unplugged my phone about 10 mins ago after charging from 30-83% and it is telling me I have used almost 2 hours on battery Wtf.

However, I get up to 7 hours usage time on my iPhone with over 25hrs standby time with WiFi connected. That is something a Samsung Phone would struggle to attain.

Which phone are you using? You have a horrible battery life from what I can see and you seems not to have a clue what is draining your battery.
I use wifi 24hours of the day and I go all day so figure out what is causing you the battery hog I can help you if you wish.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 22, 2016
Bossmd:
@greenhulk, you mean iOS allows the use of VPNs?

Yes of course.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 12:54pm On Aug 22, 2016
@Op the question is not whether to buy S7 edge or iPhone 6S but the question should be whether to buy iPhone 6S or 6S plus. Just forget Samsung they have poor battery life.

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by somehowpenis(m): 12:57pm On Aug 22, 2016
Greenhulk thumbs up mahn, nice analysis.. This dude simply do not know you are arguing from experience, while he is being a fan boy, because according to him, the 6s didn't give him room for his tweakings, reason why he optted for the s7 , which he currently uses and bliv me he will do anything to defend that s7...

Sadly to say this their are even some tecno and gioner phones that smokes the samsung s7 battery life..

On paper the s7 battery is higher than the 6s, honestly if an iphone 6s and s7 is used side by side for the same thing for a 8hrs straight, the iphone would go off first, but on a normal day to day use of smartphones, this is where the iphone wins the s7 in batterylife, because the battery won't just discharge if you don't tell it to discharge, the samsung battery would keep on discharging on its own, not that it discharges heavily though but it keeps going down... So if an iphone 6s is charged fully for a day and an s7 is charged fully for a day and given to two users of almost the same intense, before the day gets to an end the s7 would be needing a charge while the iphone 6s would still have up to 30% left... This is what iphone greatly optimizing standby means...

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 12:58pm On Aug 22, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Which phone are you using? You have a horrible battery life from what I can see and you seems not to have a clue what is draining your battery.
I use wifi 24hours of the day and I go all day so figure out what is causing you the battery hog I can help you if you wish.

How were u able to arrive at such conclusion? Because you saw 8% power left? Do you know how many hours of usage he got before that? Well you cannot judge based on what you are seeing there. Obviously that is an iPhone but i cannot say which it is.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by somehowpenis(m): 1:00pm On Aug 22, 2016
Greenhulk what vpn are you using open vpn? And what purpose is it serving you?
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 22, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Galaxy s6 and the screen is the culprit of the battery hog, followed by cell standby. My screen is always on around 40% which is not too much.

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 22, 2016
somehowpenis:
Greenhulk what vpn are you using open vpn? And what purpose is it serving you?

Express vpn and snap vpn.. Both work for accessing content banned from nigeria ip. Express vpn is better but u need to subscribe, snap vpn is free.

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 1:07pm On Aug 22, 2016
somehowpenis:
Greenhulk thumbs up mahn, nice analysis.. This dude simply do not know you are arguing from experience, while he is being a fan boy, because according to him, the 6s didn't give him room for his tweakings, reason why he optted for the s7 , which he currently uses and bliv me he will do anything to defend that s7...

Sadly to say this their are even some tecno and gioner phones that smokes the samsung s7 battery life..

On paper the s7 battery is higher than the 6s, honestly if an iphone 6s and s7 is used side by side for the same thing for a 8hrs straight, the iphone would go off first, but on a normal day to day use of smartphones, this is where the iphone wins the s7 in batterylife, because the battery won't just discharge if you don't tell it to discharge, the samsung battery would keep on discharging on its own, not that it discharges heavily though but it keeps going down... So if an iphone 6s is charged fully for a day and an s7 is charged fully for a day and given to two users of almost the same intense, before the day gets to an end the s7 would be needing a charge while the iphone 6s would still have up to 30% left... This is what iphone greatly optimizing standby means...

Lol.....Bros you have laid the matter to rest. Thank you for the intelligent post. You always know Apple users when u see them, Intelligent, Posh, Calm and Experienced. Also you will know Android users when you see them, Razz, Lousy, always looking for tweaks everywhere grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Phonefanatic: 1:08pm On Aug 22, 2016
somehowpenis:

Sorry bro you call someone who can't read battery usage statistics an experienced user? You think battery drains automatically without a cause?

Well I've created on this forum how to get the best out of your Android phone battery so don't think it is all about Sammy.
I've used from iPhone 3 down to 6s plus likewise from galaxy s2 down to S7 Edge. Talking about experience? I will only debate with tumababa who I've once met and I know his wealth of experience about iphones colly227 is my former ID and I have been on this forum since 2005 so I know the right people with experience here grin........ You can imagine someone who claims he knows about iPhone asking if it uses VPN cheesy.

I'm sorry but I won't debate about phones with you until you use S7 edge only then can I sit you down and lecture you for free.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 22, 2016
somehowpenis:

Correct. That's what I been trying to explain. A phone is not meant to be used continuously until the battery dies. Where the iPhone shines is in standby time, like u keep ur phone in ur pocket for say 2 hour with 60% battery, it not drop a single % while the s7 might end up dropping up to 4-5%. So for normal usage under 24 hours the iPhone will have more juice than any Samsung phone.

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Phonefanatic: 1:11pm On Aug 22, 2016
Bossmd:

How were u able to arrive at such conclusion? Because you saw 8% power left? Do you know how many hours of usage he got before that? Well you cannot judge based on what you are seeing there. Obviously that is an iPhone but i cannot say which it is.

I was referring to his android battery screenshot which he couldn't read but I can tell you his battery is horrible from what I can see that's why I wanted to know the phone he is using.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by somehowpenis(m): 1:13pm On Aug 22, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Sorry bro you call someone who can't read battery usage statistics an experienced user? You think battery drains automatically without a cause?

Well I've created on this forum how to get the best out of your Android phone battery so don't think it is all about Sammy.
I've used from iPhone 3 down to 6s plus likewise from galaxy s2 down to S7 Edge. Talking about experience? I will only debate with tumababa who I've once met and I know his wealth of experience about iphones colly227 is my former ID and I have been on this forum since 2005 so I know the right people with experience here grin........ You can imagine someone who claims he knows about iPhone asking if it uses VPN cheesy.

I'm sorry but I won't debate about phones with you until you use S7 edge only then can I sit you down and lecture you for free.
thanks bro.. Read the thread carefully after your long epistle of hogwash , i answered you with a simple OK, because it was clear to me then you were just being a fanboy , since then I refrained from quoting you on the topic at hand, please do same.. I didn't quote you , i quoted greenhulk.. Good luck..

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 22, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Are u saying I'm not an experienced user? I laugh. Just because I gave up on tweaking doesn't mean I don't know what I'm doing. This is why I buy expensive phones because I don't want to start tweaking my phones just to get the best out of it. What's the point of buying expensive phones just for me to tweak it to get the best result? It doesn't make sense. If I can't get the best result out of the box the to hell.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

How To Convert Java Phone To Android / Samsung Replaces Microsd Card With UFS 2.0 / My Experience Using Tecno L8 + Few Specs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.