Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,357 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) (40474 Views)

₦6million Can-Am Spyder Roadster Spotted In Lagos (Photos) / Accident Along Bida Road, Niger State - Graphic / A Car Constructed With Wood With Motorcycle Engine In Bida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by recievesense: 9:20pm On Aug 21, 2016
Can it withstand vibration?
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by teemy(m): 9:20pm On Aug 21, 2016
Emekamex:
Pathetic effort, the whole car will be toast once the engine is started. Wood and heat is a bad combination.
I wouldn't be so fast to judge till the inner parts are seen.
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by freesinzu(m): 9:20pm On Aug 21, 2016
pls have we nt seen enof cars wat happend to innovation, guess we nt as creative as we think we are.
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by victorazy(m): 9:22pm On Aug 21, 2016
Wow! Nice
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by biggie73(m): 9:24pm On Aug 21, 2016
Hmmm. What an effort! While the developed economy is now using Hyperloop transportation, Nigeria is developing a wooding car in this century. Na wa o.
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 21, 2016
In India...Nehi Mama grin grin grin grin
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by DjAduba(m): 9:29pm On Aug 21, 2016
I noticed something, Since the car was not an Aba made stuff the comments here are more of critics than advice except for few, kudos to the maker may God expand ur wishes broaden ur knowledge. 1 Love.

1 Like

Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by physicist5g(m): 9:34pm On Aug 21, 2016
all dis people talking about fire sef... My question is... What is the maximum speed of d car?
Because i swear, dat wood go heavy lyk lead... And wen it rains, it will get wet and now weigh a tonne!
I bet that d avg.speed wont surpass 5km/hr.
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by toidflex(m): 9:35pm On Aug 21, 2016
fuel -hot engine-wood,i wonder what kind of wasteful combination!
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by Rapaltar(m): 9:35pm On Aug 21, 2016
"Advance development"??. This wooden sh**t??

It's not ur fault... I blame it on buhari...
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by Rapaltar(m): 9:39pm On Aug 21, 2016
Zipopo:
Is not allow in Lagos state...
What about the "ed"?
Also not 'allow'?

2 Likes

Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by sixtus3606(m): 9:45pm On Aug 21, 2016
In as much that I'll commend the brain behind this creative piece; i still wonder what the fella was thinking that made him chose wood as his only resort.

More so, biko make government no encourage this ooOo!!
It will only result to deforestation which shocked
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by Engrobiorah(m): 9:47pm On Aug 21, 2016
Ku be lozun lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by BABANGBALI: 9:48pm On Aug 21, 2016
Lala don get hope of buying a car be dat
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by Engrobiorah(m): 9:49pm On Aug 21, 2016
Rapaltar:

What about the "ed"?
Also not 'allow'?
cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 21, 2016
Emekamex:
Pathetic effort, the whole car will be toast once the engine is started. Wood and heat is a bad combination.
How about plastic & heat?
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by Ralphdan(m): 9:54pm On Aug 21, 2016
Go theif person car come carry wood change the body come de show urself. undecided
Dumb people.
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by andyanders: 10:03pm On Aug 21, 2016
i hope it does not use fuel. If it does, the road safety corps should have the care confiscated as it could turn to be a very big hazard to road users or the general public.

People should understand the implication. When heated,explosion is unavoidable .
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by Bifwoli: 10:04pm On Aug 21, 2016
Car made of wood on Nigerian roads made of muddy tracks ,potholes and water ponds.

Such a great combination isn't it.
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by theadvocatus(m): 10:08pm On Aug 21, 2016
could buy the car for my proposed museum.
anything other than that is a no-no
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 21, 2016
This is Poly road. Weldone to the carpenter

1 Like

Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by TuEase: 10:13pm On Aug 21, 2016
Ryde on with the creativity.
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by jsea(m): 10:13pm On Aug 21, 2016
Fear North
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by Pylony(m): 10:14pm On Aug 21, 2016
So far, this is not the first wooden car innovation in the world, it would have got on international news headlines, many have try their hands on similar eco-friendly cars over the years around the world already.
Even with that, it do not mean we should belittled one made by a fellow country man. We should learn to appreciate our very own Nigerian Innovators. All they need is our encouragement and patronage if what the have to offer gets into the market, being problem solvers as it were.
Some commentators here are like, "the car will get fried up as a result of the Engine heating up", well quite true a point, but how sure are we he (the innovator) did not take care of that issue right at the bud? We tend to forget that the first car when innovated was never perfect as it catches fire easily as well, but over the years with lots of improvements we now have cars as they are today. It will be a step at a time, we have got great problem solvers like the Innoson Motors who are making Nigerians proud.
LETS EMBRACE OUR OWN.
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by 4Qbitch: 10:15pm On Aug 21, 2016
Wood+Petrol+Engine Heat= Fire Risk

This design makes no engineering sense and should be urgently taken off our roads because it's a potential safety risk.
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by aleniboro(m): 10:23pm On Aug 21, 2016
omogidi234:
The designer has an idea. Kudos to him. If he has opportunity to read this thread, he may improve. So far I am not disappointed in the critique.
I normally appreciate this type of comment. Positive comment. Nowadays, ability to read or write if not complement with innovation and creativity is failure. That is what we are going through now in Nigeria.
andyanders:
i hope it does not use fuel. If it does, the road safety corps should have the care confiscated as it could turn to be a very big hazard to road users or the general public.
People should understand the implication. When heated,explosion is unavoidable .
You are only telling us about it's shortcomings. You should have suggested better alternative. We can notvgo far as a nation if we don't see anything good in the work of our hands.
Ralphdan:
Go theif person car come carry wood change the body come de show urself. undecided
Dumb people.
physicist5g:
all dis people talking about fire sef... My question is... What is the maximum speed of d car?
Because i swear, dat wood go heavy lyk lead... And wen it rains, it will get wet and now weigh a tonne!
physicist5g:
biggie73:
Hmmm. What an effort! While the developed economy is now using Hyperloop transportation, Nigeria is developing a wooding car in this century. Na wa o.
recievesense:
Can it withstand vibration?
priceaction:
am sure it will not have fire extinguisher
All the comments above are the results of our half baked education in which we can not see alternative way of doing things or think of alternative other than what we were taught in the class.
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 21, 2016
Emekamex:

People and bad belle sha.The de Havilland Mosquito, one of few operational front-line aircraft of World War II was constructed out of wood. Over 7000 units were built and it was infact nicknamed "The Wooden Wonder".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Mosquito

Hughes H-4 Hercules, popularly known as the "Spruce Goose", built and flown by Howard Hughes in the 1940s, was made entirely of wood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hughes_H-4_Hercules

So to say it is a pathetic effort is rather harsh.

1 Like

Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by abbeyty(m): 10:29pm On Aug 21, 2016
no sane country would allow this on her roads...
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 21, 2016
all dese engineless innovations
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by kingsBreed(m): 10:50pm On Aug 21, 2016
I must say this is impressive. What the man needs is a good work shop equipped with modern tools,I bet you this is the next INNOSON in the making in Niger state. To the young man,excellent well done
Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by biggie73(m): 10:51pm On Aug 21, 2016
aleniboro:

I normally appreciate this type of comment. Positive comment. Nowadays, ability to read or write if not complement with innovation and creativity is failure. That is what we are going through now in Nigeria.

You are only telling us about it's shortcomings. You should have suggested better alternative. We can notvgo far as a nation if we don't see anything good in the work of our hands.
All the comments above are the results of our half baked education in which we can not see alternative way of doing things or think of alternative other than what we were taught in the class.
...the world has drastically changed, Nigeria must change with it or perish. A wooden car or backward innovation is NEVER an alternative to highly sophisticated transportation system like Hyperloop. Though I appreciate his skills, I am just not impressed...

1 Like

Re: Car Made Of Wood Spotted In Bida Niger State (photo) by kingsBreed(m): 10:55pm On Aug 21, 2016
Emekamex:

What is pathetic about creativity?..There is no wasted efforts in the process of becoming great.. He only used the available resources at his disposal. He would do better with advanced materials. Thank you,and let's support local ideas,that's is the process of becoming great

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

All-new 2019 Toyota Rav4 Unveiled (photos, Details And Price) / SUV Climbs Over Another Car In Accident On Oshodi-apapa Road (photos) / Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.