Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,666 members, 7,823,884 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

My Employers Abandoned Me After Truck Accident - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Employers Abandoned Me After Truck Accident (573 Views)

I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble / Why Employers Need To Empower Their Employees / Relevance And Appeal To Employers Of The FRM Certification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Employers Abandoned Me After Truck Accident by edunwablog: 8:23am On Aug 22, 2016
Usman Jamaa, a 35-year-old driver, used to be a virile young man. But right now, Usman, who hails from Southern Kaduna in Kaduna State, is no longer the man he once was. In fact, he says he’s going impotent. And for a man that is yet unmarried, his condition is a major concern.

“I used to last long in bed,” he told the reporter. “But since my ordeal started, I can’t even think of having sex anymore because of the excruciating pain that I experience anytime I try making love to my woman.”
Usman told the reporter that his problem started around November 2015 when he was a contract worker with Shalina Healthcare, a company owned by some Indian nationals in Oregun, Ikeja, Lagos. According to him, he was outsourced as a delivery truck driver to the company in 2014 by GKT Consults Ltd.
In his words, in the course of his work, he noticed and complained to the management of Shalina Healthcare that the two front tyres of the delivery truck he was driving were worn out, exposing him to hazards on the road. He noted, however, that nothing was done to change the tyres. Usman said he continued driving to different destinations with the worn-out tyres, although he knew he was putting himself at great risk.
He stated: “I have over 16 years experience as a driver, and I don’t want to be a victim of ignorance. The supply chain manager, Mr. Habinda, who is supposed to order for the change of tyres, was aware of my complaints. I told him everything about the dangers I faced. But he kept promising that he would change the tyres. He never did.”
But on January 27, Usman said he met what he didn’t bargain for. According to him, on that day, the truck was again heavily loaded with goods to be delivered at Ibadan. He said he protested to the authorities that the truck was being overstocked and that the tyres could not bear the weight of the tyres. But his protests were ignored, he noted.
“The tyres were already bulging badly under the weight of the load. But Mr. Habinda ordered that they continue to load the truck. Other workers that came to see it confirmed that the tyres looked dangerous. They spoke out that the tyres were indeed very bad. But, again Mr. Habinda said he would change it when I returned from my trip. I reminded him that he had been telling me so since last year. But he accused us that we were complaining because the company was owned by Indians, that if it were owned by Nigerians, we would not complain so much.”
Usman said he agreed to continue with the trip. But he said the tyres burst on the expressway as he approached Sapade in Ogun State. He said a trailer was approaching on the left while a truck was at the right side of the lane, forcing him to swerve into a bush. He said the bus rammed straight into a mango tree.
Said Usman: “The vehicle burst into flame immediately. I was trapped inside the burning truck and was unconscious. But thank God my motor boy escaped and was quick to drag me out of the fire. I would have burnt to death if I was not rescued on time. I was then rushed to a nearby hospital at Ibadan. I was unconscious for more than four hours. When I regained consciousness, I saw some staff of Shalina Healthcare and GKT Consults at the hospital.
Read full details at http://www.akelicious.com/2016/08/my-employers-abandoned-me-after-truck.html

Re: My Employers Abandoned Me After Truck Accident by utenwuson: 8:34am On Aug 22, 2016
haba

(1) (Reply)

Earn Up To N150K A Week As An Uber Partner In Abuja / Pass Your Cisco Certification With Ease 100% / 5 New Social Platform Updates You Need To Know About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.