Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,771 members, 7,851,630 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:56 AM

Beauty Queen, Okunlola Plans To Alleviate Poverty - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Beauty Queen, Okunlola Plans To Alleviate Poverty (340 Views)

#TAPChallenge: Daddy Freeze Challenges Davido To Help Someone Out Of Poverty / Don Jazzy Denies Plans To Sign BBN Debbie Rise, Defends DNA Who Fans Trolled On / We Alleviate Poverty and Empower People- Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beauty Queen, Okunlola Plans To Alleviate Poverty by girlfromafrica: 10:47am On Aug 22, 2016
After winning pageants, beauty queens usually promise to help the needy with their office but most times, little is heard about them after the pageant. The Most Beautiful Girl In Eko Tourism Queen, Olawunmi Okunlola says her case will be different as she promises to assist selected youth who are living in poverty.

She said this while visiting the office of Independent Newspapers last week. According to her, there are many young people out there with a lot of talents but they are hindered by lack of funds and poverty. “Some of them do not even have food to eat, how can they display their God given talent?” she asked.

She says she already has a scheme and a selection process with which to assist needy youth. “I am still new in my position, but as time goes on, I will start to unveil my projects. We already have people that have promise to assist us. We also urge others to key into our dream,” said Okunlola.

Born in Oyo state, 18 years old Okunlola was very eloquent in explaining the importance of pageantry in the society. She also says she will be competing in other competitions as she moves on in life. “who knows, I may be the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria someday,” she says.

With her on the visit was Miss Taiwo Samson, the Executive Director of the Ereon Pageantry, the organisers of The Most Beautiful Girl In Eko. According to her, the pageant is a trade mark registered name under the trade mark laws of Nigeria in class 41 in entertainment, sports, cultural section since the year 2013.

“The pageant is basically to promote our culture. You will not see a bikini competition at our pageant. We are strictly Nigerian. Nigerians like to copy foreigners a lot. Because in the Western world they have bikini competitions, our pageants in Nigeria are also doing the same. We are looking forward to working with our culture leaders in order to use the pageant to promote ourselves. We are in talks with Lagos State government and we are also trying to reach the minister,” Samson said.

SEE HER PICTURE @ http://independentnig.com/beauty-queen-okunlola-plans-to-alleviate-poverty/
Re: Beauty Queen, Okunlola Plans To Alleviate Poverty by ojnnaco(m): 11:21am On Aug 22, 2016
make I kuku book here before e reach front page

(1) (Reply)

Falz The Badt Guy Officially Launch His Facebook Fan Page,like Now And Win $50 / For All Pac Fans..2pac's Biopic All Eyez On Me Full Trailer Released... / Oba Of Benin's Coronation Postponed To October 20th, 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.