Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

DESPITE ALL ODDS (it's All About Politics) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / DESPITE ALL ODDS (it's All About Politics) (1910 Views)

How To Get The Best In Career Despite Challenges By Oluwasegun / Politics Or Poligreed / Despite All Odds - (An Interesting Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

DESPITE ALL ODDS (it's All About Politics) by bamiradex(m): 2:18pm On Aug 22, 2016
Hey guys, i'm starting this new story tomorrow and you're all invited. I'll be posting 3-4 times a week.Each chapter will have 5 episodes. STAY TUNED

Onemansquad Psalmology Lildrizzle Bluestarry
macpetrus.
Uthman51 stuff46 seunviju kceemart kingsley18
nceedaga
therealbabe Costlybabe prettydiva89 Rounakid
IdyRaph
kingphilip Otupeluv heemah will007 aprilwise
demmy66
KOLITE93 missfaviy 1sikiru1 MhizTemmie
Missmossy
lovingangel Mimikathy JulietAKK faithomoh24
cheskabiney
Sirfrederick labaski Harmonyemerald ayodijex
Fembleez1
MissMalia mismore Omotayelolu.
Omotayelolu Sanmix2007 kenoz shoyemiayodeji
boladegreat shegs2009 ixora3 Kruzilano
Tholuwani
michaelmo11 Noela12 hadease sherryshitt
lhateaphart21
MsKaffy Feyikemi12 Maryofficial Tuljaking
underage
nceedaga abbiey Queening missuniverse
EllaGold35
Orlolahdey Klare fam24 loshybab clemz88
qhutetomsel
jaymomma nimat158 tizblink sheyflixy1 Israel23
lilbethlars
merasnipes
deslim Lobolintin bumsiee teelord1 ngona
Chivee latbas
rotluv famora d4real890 soniachuks
Niwdog amyvals SweetyZinta niffy102
Ormorlehwah
Frankzamani OlufemiWhit ChyEndowed
jeremie97
bamgbalaot leosmaria Chimdim silverx
teeman10
awesomebabe sbyna omobola200 ArrowAssassin
Preeteeshir GATED IamYhudii adeh39 chinedumo
adeodunsimilolu akugbemike Aipete2 Hicea1
Ashiat39
rollex4ever ritzeluv slimport Uthman2senior
mercydaniel
loveyP tizblink Felinize folake25 princessadeola
girly2020
umahi69 BlizzydoDo Dahprech Dahprech
SPDAZZY
Shoelace1 mimicious gunners160 Rajosh
Fumzybabe
Brozo1 will007 Coolfaze Omoalhaja7 Ronke001
Slingkey
FIDELITY24
chiboyo rhoseti1 totalhouse adefunke62
temilade20
jecigold happinessa517 pweetyoge donziller
gabrisunate
emtebe blossomic fabulousbrainzz
Holuwadharah
Executiveti loshybab GiftedAgwu juliejames
sodson11
Angelina996 Mj45 Airies Yungdamsel folalek
Godwinfriz
kemmyp michaelmo11 Damzy997 MrKIDO
raffyreuz
Damiewonder uniqueflash oluwasolajames
PEZMAN
Upnepaa GodWisdom Ashraf123 Itzemmyzone
Kakabliss
Pukka36 meekmiki6.
^^ You're all invited
ewawumi( f), ronkeenuf
(f ), hebenz(m ), Phunmmielurlar(f ), blueflowers
(f), Chi59 (f ),
Emmyedes , ayoshyne(m ), base83, Olibaby( f),
bado10 (m ),
luckingcurvy( f), ibksiv (m ), blueeyes1,
Qasaforlife , kaboninc
(m), TeenaMay (f ), johnwizey , chaberry( m),
sirAmeh( m),
richyluvu( m), peppyluv02 (f), RayAngel ( f),
wealthreviewme
( f), ERUDITEE, hardeydeb ( f), cyndylove64 ,
Oyinprince(m),
Profmaojo , deleskizy , Ruuchiinaa , Kherry (f),
freeDR(m ),
jessytra , kennylizzy(f ), hibeekay2015( f),
Joshthefirst(m ),
dotna (m ), temmie14 , Holuwarphemmy(m ),
celeboe(m ),
pwetynini
Re: DESPITE ALL ODDS (it's All About Politics) by bamiradex(m): 3:04pm On Aug 22, 2016
Copyright © 2016 by Bamiro Adewusi
adewusimichaelabimbola@gmail.com
All Rights Reserved:
This work exclusively belongs to the Author and
is protected under copyright laws.
The title, thoughts, plot, characters,
settings, and all its contents are properties of
the author.
No part of this work, either in parts or in whole
should be reproduced in any format, electronic
or otherwise without permission from the
author.
DISCLAIMER: Characters included in this story
are COMPLETELY FICTIONAL. No similarity to any
person either living or dead, places(real
locations) political parties and organizations is intended or
should be inferred.
Re: DESPITE ALL ODDS (it's All About Politics) by Oyinprince(m): 5:57pm On Aug 22, 2016
Seated

1 Like

Re: DESPITE ALL ODDS (it's All About Politics) by bamiradex(m): 6:11am On Aug 23, 2016
Oyinprince:
Seated
my oga at the top you're highly welcomed, so honoured to have you here
Re: DESPITE ALL ODDS (it's All About Politics) by bamiradex(m): 6:42am On Aug 23, 2016
INTRODUCTION

This story is mainly about the two major gubernatorial aspirants of Okuwa state from different political parties.

Sen.Gbolahan David is the aspirant from U.D.P-Unity Democratic Party with crisis partaining to Godfatherism in his party.He is a two terms senator and once a minister of the federation.He was a former SUG president of the state university.

Hon.Ismael Arogundade is the aspirant from S.I.P-Social Independent Party having what can be referred to as internal crisis with his family.He's a one term member of the House of Representative.

Can a person who cannot govern his family successfully rule a whole state?

Can someone with a bad past record-an ex-covict at that, rule a state successfully?

WHO WINS?
let the state decide...

This story is subject to constructive criticism and comments

This is my first story on nairaland
Re: DESPITE ALL ODDS (it's All About Politics) by bamiradex(m): 10:23am On Aug 23, 2016
CHAPTER 1

"BREAKING NEWS!!!
The national electoral committee just announced officially the political parties running for the gubernatorial election that has been scheduled to hold on the 25th of April,2030.
U.D.P - Senator Gbolohan David
S.I.P - Honourable Ismael Arogundade
M.D.P - Dr. Adigun Esupofo
D.D.P - Mr. Michael Adedokun
F.F.M - Professor Crown Bright
A.C.P - Engr. Esther Bamidele

The NEC chairman has officially announced the flag off campaign to start tomorrow 23rd of February, 2030"

Olaleye ibiyemi stadium is situated in the largest town called Oluyole in Araromi L.G.A, Okuwa state. The stadium is named after Barr. Olaleye Ibiyemi who played an important role in the process of Okuwa becoming a state. Okuwa is a division of the great Aiyedire empire and was created in year 2010. It's a city with many industrious people and this explains why Aiyedire people didn't want them to leave and stand on their own.

The stadium was filled to its brim with people from different part of the state to watch majorly the music superstar performing in support of the Unity Democratic Party gubernatorial aspirant, Senator Gbolahan David.

The party chairman-Professor Ibrahim Yakub spoke to the crowd and later handed over to the governorship candidate.
"U.D.P!!!" Sen. Gbolahan in a pink and blue colored ankara sown into a buda and sokoto style, shouted.
"MOVING FORWARD!!! " was the response from the elated people in the stadium.
"We have had a glimpse of what our great party can offer you after ruling this blessed state and this federation for eight years. I can assure you that if i'm voted into office, my administration will complete all uncompleted project of this outgoing government and embark on new ones. I'll build a poultry farm in this local government, this will provides employment opportunities and production of eggs for consumption in the state. And as my party chairman has rightly said, the outgoing administration has met the expectations of the people of this great state and I am sure you don't want these good things to cease. I promise to make sure the motto of this party is put to use" Sen. Gbolahan ended his speech amidst shouts and claps from people in the stadium.
Re: DESPITE ALL ODDS (it's All About Politics) by bamiradex(m): 11:50am On Aug 23, 2016
Onemansquad Psalmology Lildrizzle Bluestarry macpetrus. Uthman51 stuff46 seunviju kceemart kingsley18 nceedaga therealbabe Costlybabe prettydiva89 Rounakid IdyRaph kingphilip Otupeluv donkris1 heemah will007 aprilwise demmy66 KOLITE93 missfaviy 1sikiru1 MhizTemmie Missmossy lovingangel Mimikathy JulietAKK faithomoh24 cheskabiney Sirfrederick labaski Harmonyemerald ayodijex Fembleez1 MissMalia mismore Omotayelolu. Omotayelolu Sanmix2007 kenoz shoyemiayodeji boladegreat shegs2009 ixora3 Kruzilano Tholuwani michaelmo11 Noela12 hadease sherryshitt lhateaphart21 MsKaffy Feyikemi12 Maryofficial Tuljaking underage nceedaga abbiey Queening missuniverse EllaGold35 Orlolahdey Klare fam24 loshybab clemz88 qhutetomsel jaymomma nimat158 tizblink sheyflixy1 Israel23 lilbethlars merasnipes deslim Lobolintin bumsiee teelord1 ngona Chivee latbas rotluv famora d4real890 soniachuks Niwdog amyvals SweetyZinta niffy102 Ormorlehwah Frankzamani OlufemiWhit ChyEndowed jeremie97 bamgbalaot leosmaria Chimdim silverx teeman10 awesomebabe sbyna omobola200 ArrowAssassin Preeteeshir GATED IamYhudii adeh39 chinedumo adeodunsimilolu akugbemike Aipete2 Hicea1 Ashiat39 rollex4ever ritzeluv slimport Uthman2senior mercydaniel loveyP tizblink Felinize folake25 princessadeola girly2020 umahi69 BlizzydoDo Dahprech Dahprech SPDAZZY Shoelace1 mimicious gunners160 Rajosh Fumzybabe Brozo1 will007 Coolfaze Omoalhaja7 Ronke001 Slingkey FIDELITY24 chiboyo rhoseti1 totalhouse adefunke62 temilade20 jecigold happinessa517 pweetyoge donziller gabrisunate emtebe blossomic fabulousbrainzz Holuwadharah Executiveti loshybab GiftedAgwu juliejames sodson11 Angelina996 Mj45 Airies Yungdamsel folalek Godwinfriz kemmyp michaelmo11 Damzy997 MrKIDO raffyreuz Damiewonder uniqueflash oluwasolajames PEZMAN Upnepaa GodWisdom Ashraf123 Itzemmyzone Kakabliss Pukka36 meekmiki6.
Re: DESPITE ALL ODDS (it's All About Politics) by bamiradex(m): 5:11pm On Aug 23, 2016
CHAPTER 1 Episode 2

4:00pm
IFESOWAPO L.G.A
OKUWA STATE

"S.I.P!!! Chief Gabriel Chiamaka - the party national secretary shrieked into the microphone. He's a robust man with a pot-belly like that of a woman pregnant with triplet. He has a faint voice maybe resulting from the fat that has been stored in his body. He's an Ofo title holder in Onitsha where he hails from. He is putting on an expensive white cloth in an igbo style with a red cap decorated with feathers. He has a silver wristwatch and a shoe to match
"LIBERTY FROM OPPRESSION" the people inside the not -too -big party secretatriat responded raising and waving their palmfonds which is the symbol of the party.
"Now let hear from the horse's mouth the man of the people, a patriotic son of soil,the man to deliver the people of Okuwa from oppression... No other person than Hon. Ismael Arogundade" Chief Gabriel handed over the microphone to Hon. Ismael amidst clapping and shouting of the Honourable's name.
"S.I.P" Hon. Ismael who was putting on a grey agbada over a black shoe with a shining gold wristwatch and a grey 'abetiaja' cap, shouted in a weak voice ranging from the fact that he had spoken at several campaign in different towns in the local government this same day.

"LIBERTY FROM OPPRESSION " the crowd present in the campaign ground responded.
"I am so delighted to stand before you today " Hon. Ismael started. "We are tied of been in chains,the present ruling party have nothing good to offer us. They've only put us in bondage, people are suffering, people are dying. I promise to build a well equip health center, a primary and a secondary school in this L.G.A if elected as governor. I didn't fail you when i was a councillor of this town and I won't fail you as governor too......."

The campaign ended and gathering dissolved after several political dignitries gave their speech.
Re: DESPITE ALL ODDS (it's All About Politics) by bamiradex(m): 5:58pm On Aug 24, 2016
CHAPTER 1 episode 3

The U.P.D state party secretariat is a big one located in the state capital-Ikutamity city. The compound is large that it can accommodate more than a hundred hummer jeep. It is painted blue and white which is the party's colour with drawings of thumb-the party's identity on the white part of tge painted surface. The party's flag and national flag were hung on a flagpole in the compound security personnel are seen standing firmly at every corners of the building.
A bus white eighteen seaters bus with the party's identity is seen at the left corner of the building, towards the entrance. Inside the secretariat are five offices and a hall where party congress are held. One of the offices is for the state party chairman. The office is large with a three single seaters. A glass table and chairs are placed at the other end of the table.

"...... we will not fold our arms and keep looking at you, the national imposed him without asking for our opinion. We cannot accept him as our candidate ..." the state party chairman Mr. Wuraola shrieked at the top of his voice in anger.
"... but we conducted primaries and he won. I don't understand what you meant by 'imposed'..." Prof. Yakub responded looking confused.
"You shouldn't have gave him form in the first place, everyone here knows that there's no way he will contest in the primaries and not win." Ex. President Oluseun Agbalowomeri spoke in a loud voice. He was the president of the federation between year 2012-2020. He's a native of Okuwa state.
"But we can do nothing about it now, he's the people choice ..."
"People's choice my foot!! " Mr Wuraola cut in.
"I repeat people's choice my foot! Have you forgotten who this man is? If you've forgotten I 'll remind you, he slapped the senate president in the presence of everybody including the press! Is it that type of a person you want? He will start slaping everyone of us whenever he's angry! Never!!! Not when I 'm still the state chairman "
"But the people still love him, the crowd today was surprisingly, there was large turn out of peoples, i still don't understand why you didn't want him." Prof. Yakub said in a faint voice. It seems he was getting tired of the scene.
"I believe there are hidden fact about this" the national publicity officer who has been watching the whole scenario, said in an inaudible voice
Re: DESPITE ALL ODDS (it's All About Politics) by bamiradex(m): 7:24pm On Aug 25, 2016
the continuation of episode 3 will be posted tomorrow morning stay tuned...
Re: DESPITE ALL ODDS (it's All About Politics) by johnwizey: 11:04am On Aug 26, 2016
Present
Re: DESPITE ALL ODDS (it's All About Politics) by bamiradex(m): 12:36pm On Aug 26, 2016
Episode 1 chapter 3 (cont _d)

* * * * * * "
The driver drove slowly into the duplex and parked in the garage. The house is big with a large compound and a flower garden at the back of the house. It is painted sky blue and cream colour at the windows.
Hon. Ismael alighted and walked slowly to the entrance with his mind full of thoughts. As he placed his hand on the door knob, he exhaled and mutter to himself "here i come to the hell i call a home".
He opened the door and stepped into the living room. It has a brown complete set of chairs with a glass center table. On the wall is a plasma tv and there's a well set home theater. The wall is painted cream to match the brown chairs and curtains.
He walked in steadily trying to avoid raising his wives and children attention. Unfortunately for him, his second wife is in the sitting room watching the highlight of his just concluded campaign programme on the T.V.
"Olowori mi, you're welcome " Mrs fatimo Arogundade greeted her husband with a hug.
"Thank you dear" Hon. Ismael replied in a nervous way.
"I watched your campaign programme and I'm so proud of you. But I have a few things to contribute to help your campaign strategies ...."
"Fatimah, won't you even allow me to sit before you start to table your case? " He cut in.
"My husband, you see it is the anxiety of becoming the first lady that troubles me o jare. E ma binu (I'm sorry) maybe when we're having dinner we'll talk about it."
Hon. Ismael walked to his room slowly. As fate would have it, he met his first wife lying on his bed watching telemundo Africa on the T.V in his room.
"Ade orimi(my crown ) you're welcome " Alhaja Aishat knelt down to greet her husband in yoruba traditional way.
"Thank you my wife" He responded with a bit of happiness in his voice.
"You did well at the campaign today and i pray that in months time we'll be celebrating insha allahu"
"Amina ya allah"he said clapping his hands..
Re: DESPITE ALL ODDS (it's All About Politics) by bamiradex(m): 12:50pm On Aug 26, 2016
johnwizey:
Present
Thanks,you are welcome
Re: DESPITE ALL ODDS (it's All About Politics) by Aremu15(m): 6:50pm On Aug 26, 2016
I Love This Story Mehn Keep It Going
Re: DESPITE ALL ODDS (it's All About Politics) by bamiradex(m): 7:09pm On Aug 26, 2016
Aremu15:
I Love This Story Mehn Keep It Going
Thank you sir.
Re: DESPITE ALL ODDS (it's All About Politics) by bamiradex(m): 2:03pm On Aug 27, 2016
CHAPTER 1 episode 4
".... he's a tout and an ex-convict!! I still find it difficult to understand why people voted for him in the primaries" ex. President Oluseun said.
"But he is actually fighting for the people's right " the P.R.O said.
"Slapping the senate president _people's right, creating riots! People's right, everything he does is people's right. Do you think we're fools? Mr. Wuraola replied.
"So what do you want us to do now? "Prof. Ibrahim asked.
"Tell him to step down or eliminate him..." chief Oluseun replied in a low tone.
"JESUS!!!" the national publicity officer screamed with his hand on top of his head.
"Lah Ilah!!! But why do we have to do this? So it has come to the point where we have to start killing our party members not even our opponents. I now agree with the P.R.O that there's more to this. I'll have to report this to the president. " prof. Ibrahim concluded.
"If you are not ready to do any of the methods we laid down then expect the worse from us" Mr. Wuraola said in conclusive tone.
Prof. Ibrahim and the P.R.O stood up and left the office deep in thoughts. Just then Sen. Gbolahan arrived at the secretariat in the attire he wore to the campaign ground.
"Good evening my chairman, how was the meeting? I was late due to the press conference, I'm very sorry sir" Sen. Gbolahan said.
"The meeting didn't go well, it seems this people are really desperate. I'll report to the board of trustees and the president. "Prof. Ibrahim replied.
"Sir, are you assuring me that all will be well? " Sen. Gbolahan asked.
"We'll definitely find a solution to this problem " he responded.
"Hmmmm.. Gbolahan watch your back oooo". The P.R.O said
"Okay sir, thank you. Let me see if i can appeal to them. " Gbolahan said.
"Alright, I'll get back to you" Prof. Ibrahim said and walked straight to his car with the P.R.O.
Gbolahan walked into the office and prostrated to greet according to the yoruba culture. As the Ex. President spotted him, he started shouting on top his voice. "You fool, who gave you the audacity to interrupt this meeting ."
"You must be stupid you've been banned from entering this secretrait if don't know. Now, get out of my sight now." Mr. Wuraola also shouted.
Without giving Sen. Gbolahan a chance to say a word, he was push out of the office.

After dinner, Hon. Ismael and his wives settled in the sitting room to relax.
" heehen...,Fatimoh I've been noticing that you don't put on your hijah anymore, is anything wrong? " Hon. Ismael asked.
"Nothing is wrong jaree, I've just started practising my dress code as the first lady to be. You know as the first lady i don't need to always put on my hijah." Mrs. Fatimah replied.
Hon. Ismael exhaled and blamed himself for asking the question in the first place.
Re: DESPITE ALL ODDS (it's All About Politics) by bamiradex(m): 4:34pm On Aug 27, 2016
"hhheeen, about the campaign strategies, I'll advice that you take me to your campaign as the intending first lady. You didn't pick a female as your deputy so it is not advisable you for campaign with only males. "Mrs. Fatimah said.
"My husband, she is right. You should always take me to your campaign. You know I'm your first wife and I'm entitled to that position of the first lady." Alhaja Aishat said in a persuasive tone.
"Why should be you? Remember you are not educated and your adult education classes, so you cannot have the time for campaign." Fatimah responded her.
"Where were you when we started? " Aishat asked.
"How do you think you can become the first lady? What do you know about press conferences? Can you even face the crowd? Are you bold? " fatimah asked ignoring her question.
"Stop this Fatimah! Shut your mouth. Don't you ever talk again! Everyone should go to bed. Good night." Hon. Ismael commanded......
Re: DESPITE ALL ODDS (it's All About Politics) by Uthman51(m): 11:58pm On Aug 27, 2016
present !!
I dey come back after my exams
Re: DESPITE ALL ODDS (it's All About Politics) by bamiradex(m): 6:26am On Aug 28, 2016
Uthman51:
present !!
I dey come back after my exams
okay sir
Re: DESPITE ALL ODDS (it's All About Politics) by bamiradex(m): 6:56pm On Aug 28, 2016
UP NEXT ; CHAPTER 2 Episode 1
STAY TUNE
Re: DESPITE ALL ODDS (it's All About Politics) by bamiradex(m): 7:02pm On Aug 28, 2016
you guys are not COMMENTING
please advice me if i'm getting it wrong

1 Like

Re: DESPITE ALL ODDS (it's All About Politics) by blueflowers(f): 12:28pm On Aug 29, 2016
Present. Let me read before I make a comment about the story
Re: DESPITE ALL ODDS (it's All About Politics) by SPDAZZY(f): 2:53pm On Aug 30, 2016
bamiradex:
Hey guys, i'm starting this new story tomorrow and you're all invited. I'll be posting 3-4 times a week.Each chapter will have 5 episodes. STAY TUNED

Onemansquad Psalmology Lildrizzle Bluestarry
girly2020
umahi69 BlizzydoDo Dahprech Dahprech
SPDAZZY
Shoelace1 mimicious gunners160 Rajosh
Fumzybabe
Brozo1 (m ),
dotna (m ), temmie14 , Holuwarphemmy(m ),
celeboe(m ),
pwetynini

Présent
Re: DESPITE ALL ODDS (it's All About Politics) by esthyope(f): 8:31am On Sep 03, 2016
hon.ishmael don enter one chance bus o
waiting for the next update
Re: DESPITE ALL ODDS (it's All About Politics) by Oyinprince(m): 11:27am On Sep 16, 2016
Have you abandoned this story? bamiradex

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Breakups 18+ / The 48 Laws Of Power / Short Story: My Street

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.