Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,224 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

As A Blogger, See What ‘news Agency Of Nigeria’ Sent To Me (photo) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / As A Blogger, See What ‘news Agency Of Nigeria’ Sent To Me (photo) (877 Views)

Why You Must Do Keyword Research Before Writing An Article As A Blogger / I Can't Access Some Blogs,please Help Me(photo) / If You Are A Blogger, See Best Way To Get Instant Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Blogger, See What ‘news Agency Of Nigeria’ Sent To Me (photo) by BrainnewsNg(f): 4:39pm On Aug 22, 2016
By Eyo Nse,

On the 19th day of August 2016 i got a call from one, Mr. Dada Gbenga Joseph, according to him he called from ‘News Agency Of Nigeria’ (NAN), Lagos Operations.

According to Gbenga he described himself on the phone as a Senior Marketing officer with NAN.

He informed me that NAN has a service for my news platform, brainnewsng.com, he proceeded to revealed to me that NAN will charge me N1.5M to offer a news delivery service ranging from Politics, entertainment, education, tech, sports updates and lots more all to my email or NAN will get me access to their secret website where all this will be available for one full year if the amount above is agreed.

Am finding it hard to believe if this is really from NAN, from my personal observation, the mail i got from this man was from his personal email account and not from a custom email as it suppose to be; like, info@brainnewsng.com.

Also, as a federal government owned news agency like NAN, its services suppose to be at a minimal rates.

Due to the rate of cyber crimes on the internet in Nigeria one needs to be very careful about his or her dealings especially from the internet and from strangers.

Can a NAN Correspondent/staff, or any blogger that is familiar with NAN services humbly elaborate on this?

Source: http://brainnewsng.com/as-a-blogger-see-what-news-agency-of-nigeria-sent-to-me/
Re: As A Blogger, See What ‘news Agency Of Nigeria’ Sent To Me (photo) by Firefire(m): 4:42pm On Aug 22, 2016
cheesy

You don harmer.... tongue

Pure and undiluted 'Advance fee fraud'

For more details check Nigerian Criminal Code Act, Chapter 38, (419, 419A & 419B)

http://www.nigeria-law.org/Criminal%20Code%20Act-Part%20VI%20%20to%20the%20end.htm
Re: As A Blogger, See What ‘news Agency Of Nigeria’ Sent To Me (photo) by BrainnewsNg(f): 4:44pm On Aug 22, 2016
Photo: The Proposal Sent To Us from Mr. Dada Gbenga Joseph via email

Re: As A Blogger, See What ‘news Agency Of Nigeria’ Sent To Me (photo) by BrainnewsNg(f): 4:52pm On Aug 22, 2016
Firefire:
cheesy

You don harmer.... tongue

Pure and undiluted 'Advance fee fraud'

For more details check Nigerian Criminal Code Act, Chapter 38, (419, 419A & 419B)

http://www.nigeria-law.org/Criminal%20Code%20Act-Part%20VI%20%20to%20the%20end.htm

Hmmmmmmmm

How i take hammer?

Have you even read the full article yet?

Lalasticlala must see what you just did
Re: As A Blogger, See What ‘news Agency Of Nigeria’ Sent To Me (photo) by Dullahi(m): 4:55pm On Aug 22, 2016
This has fraud written all over it. Thought they wanted your services till I read further.
Re: As A Blogger, See What ‘news Agency Of Nigeria’ Sent To Me (photo) by FastestTech(m): 10:36am On Aug 23, 2016
Dullahi:
This has fraud written all over it. Thought they wanted your services till I read further.

Thanks

But, it seems NAN do not even charge for their services? Right

lalasticlala
Re: As A Blogger, See What ‘news Agency Of Nigeria’ Sent To Me (photo) by Dullahi(m): 11:18am On Aug 23, 2016
FastestTech:

Thanks
But, it seems NAN do not even charge for their services? Right
lalasticlala
I'm not sure honestly. You can mail them to find out.
Re: As A Blogger, See What ‘news Agency Of Nigeria’ Sent To Me (photo) by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:22am On Aug 23, 2016
Dullahi:

Hmmmmmm

This is serious ooooo

I Nearly fell for them

Even Lalasticlala could had been laughing at me by now
Re: As A Blogger, See What ‘news Agency Of Nigeria’ Sent To Me (photo) by Dullahi(m): 12:01pm On Aug 23, 2016
BrainnewsNg:

Hmmmmmm

This is serious ooooo

I Nearly fell for them

Even Lalasticlala could had been laughing at me by now

Lol.. I was wondering what services they'll be providing. He thought you'll be an easy target.
Re: As A Blogger, See What ‘news Agency Of Nigeria’ Sent To Me (photo) by Ewizard(m): 4:49pm On Aug 23, 2016
From experience, dos niggas/scammers don already attempt to hijack ya blog but dey gat no skill.

Get me dier number, I could offer em a fair charge for some Linux classes
Re: As A Blogger, See What ‘news Agency Of Nigeria’ Sent To Me (photo) by muid33n(m): 9:17am On Aug 25, 2016
My Brother,

God just saved you...

Firstly, I don't think NAN charges for news update. This is because, as you already know, once a news breaks, it doesn't take much time before it pops up on different websites with different versions, modifications, etc. The most important thing in news publishing is giving credit to the source. Which I believe that's what you do when you sourced news from Agencies such as NAN, AFP, CNN, etc.

So, please, don't fall for this scammer. Don't even attempt to reply the email...

Godspeed.
Re: As A Blogger, See What ‘news Agency Of Nigeria’ Sent To Me (photo) by Victorakats(m): 9:38am On Aug 25, 2016
Hahahahahahahahaha.. Scammers are not smiling at all!
Re: As A Blogger, See What ‘news Agency Of Nigeria’ Sent To Me (photo) by zixit(m): 10:06am On Aug 25, 2016
Re: As A Blogger, See What ‘news Agency Of Nigeria’ Sent To Me (photo) by Edroom: 10:33am On Aug 25, 2016
Omo run! run!
Re: As A Blogger, See What ‘news Agency Of Nigeria’ Sent To Me (photo) by ediman: 10:56am On Oct 05, 2016
Scam

(1) (Reply)

Blogging Help Needed Urgently / How The Internet Is Changing And Will Disrupt Everything / I Need 20,000 Facebook Likes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.