Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary (26050 Views)

Youths Beat Customs Officer In Lagos Over Man's Death. Photos / Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment / Abia State University Graduate Killed By Gateman In Uturu, Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 23, 2016
jagugu88li:

The lady simply chose to stay by herself in her own house. I'm certain she has friends, neighbours, colleagues and family members too. Staying by yourself doesn't necessarily qualify as isolation and one is not obliged to have company. It's her house, her choice.
but it makes no sense.. Hw would her property be estimated at 300 mills yet she hired a rugged fool... If that was my mom that was stabbed.... Him and his family is goin down in one night angry

1 Like

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by osarenmwienda(f): 11:56am On Aug 23, 2016
very sad . may her soul rest in peace
Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by MadCow1: 11:58am On Aug 23, 2016
franciskaine:
no matter the background checks done, what will be will be! Both the killer and the killed got issues. 20k in such luxurious area is inhuman. What can 20k buy when a bag of rice is 18k+? Sometimes, taking the human-face dimension to life solves most problems. I don't think the woman will be happy if her son is paid meager 20k in present day Nigeria. Exploitation of the poor is the watchword of the rich.

Minimum wage is 19k last time I checked.

If he worked for a Security firm, he would very possibly be earning less for no accommodation and would incur transport costs in addition. And would have to put in 24hrs shit to make anything close to what he is asking for.

The woman did nothing wrong under the law.. It's business not personal. If you agreed the terms before joining, you can't complain when you are in.

2 Likes

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by ckmayoca: 11:59am On Aug 23, 2016
zeepatoprick:
well i guess she might have had an ugly chracter or not.. but being alone at 50 simply means u lack people skills... ive seen employers maltreat their employees and how most it affects them generally.. but it does not justify the murder.. we all should be wary of the way we treat eachoda especially those beneath us

Ok what if it was the other way round whereby the employee making demand when his or her work is not satisfactory to the employer? You don't call shorts for your oga.

1 Like

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by ckmayoca: 12:03pm On Aug 23, 2016
Pascalville:
but it makes no sense.. Hw would her property be estimated at 300 mills yet she hired a rugged fool... If that was my mom that was stabbed.... Him and his family is goin down in one night angry

Alot are doing it and they all leaves like one family
You never see where the person nephew go kill the owner of the house just cos she came home wit few millions. Bro anything fot happen anytime oh.

1 Like

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by blingxx(m): 12:04pm On Aug 23, 2016
kogistar:
see wetin igbo gate mAn have caused now

igbo and their love for money undecided
Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by Adamo84(m): 12:06pm On Aug 23, 2016
jagugu88li:

The lady simply chose to stay by herself in her own house. I'm certain she has friends, neighbours, colleagues and family members too. Staying by yourself doesn't necessarily qualify as isolation and one is not obliged to have company. It's her house, her choice.
And She has also chose to die without any clear trace... Her life, Her house my foot
Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by ckmayoca: 12:07pm On Aug 23, 2016
AlphaPegasi:
her stinginess killed her. someone megauards for you and washes your car and sweeps your compound and you give him just 20k ? she needs to be slapped . and you know hausa dont like igbo so he was happy to kill her. i dont think he would have killed his boss if she were hausa

Maybe under employed graduates working with civil service shld start killing the presido, gov and others incharge of thier pay. If pay no pay u quit.
Police assigned to politicians do kill them and go away with bag of cash so forget that story.

2 Likes

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by drss2(m): 12:11pm On Aug 23, 2016
Fortunehunter:

No be only promo my own never even reach one month web l subscribe before them cut am.
omo promo o. dem don block all my channels now now.
Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by AlphaPegasi: 12:12pm On Aug 23, 2016
ckmayoca:

Maybe under employed graduates working with civil service shld start killing the presido, gov and others incharge of thier pay. If pay no pay u quit.
Police assigned to politicians do kill them and go away with bag of cash so forget that story.
you gotta have people management skills and compassion or else you will get killed out here. people are not smiling. she lacked compassion and people management skills

1 Like

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by AlphaPegasi: 12:14pm On Aug 23, 2016
4nobody4every1:
20k was small in my opinion but killing the woman was barbaric on the part of the guard, so much insecurity in Nigeria, sighs sad sad
boys are not smiling lol. and in an atmosphere where boys are not smiling your sense of diplomacy has to be at an all time high or else you will get killed outcheaaa grin

1 Like

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by toprealman: 12:19pm On Aug 23, 2016
kogistar:
English comprehension seem not to be your thing Mr Kogi man.
Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by ckmayoca: 12:23pm On Aug 23, 2016
AlphaPegasi:
you gotta have people management skills and compassion or else you will get killed out here. people are not smiling. she lacked compassion and people management skills

You can't tell oh. Ppl can be crazy sometimes. You know nothing about the killer cos a sane person can just kill cos of that since he won't get even the 20k after the crime from her.

1 Like

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by free2ryhme: 12:23pm On Aug 23, 2016
It is not advisable to live alone in the house without a brother, sister or maid. She wouldn't have died if someone had taken her to the hospital. She must have died as a result of loss of too much blood. May her soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by Adamo84(m): 12:23pm On Aug 23, 2016
marv1:
So friends, neighbours, colleagues and family members are living inside the mansion with her? Yes she is not obliged to have a company even at 50, its her choice, her house and her life, yet she is dead now. May be she would have had the company at 70yrs but its too late. Keep deceiving urself. Who owns the house now? The company she did not want will now begin to use the house. How can u be living in a mansion and u can not be in good terms with ur domestic staff or better still employ from corperate security company just for her own security sake. If she had done this, perhaps it would have been avoided. Vanity upon vanity, all is vanity. Pls am not jurging anyone.
God bless you a million times, This "My life, My choice..." Has caused more harm to our Society than good. Our creator has left his creatures on a Natural instinct of companionship and not this live alone style we adopt from only God knows where it germinated from. How can someone leave all alone in such a house and we claim it's "her life, her house", whatever happened to her relatives from the maternal or paternal families. I just don't buy that thought. In life, we all are due to be corrected at one time or another by either family members and friends. If those people who are close to us refuse to correct us, those from outside will because we will all still have to coexist in the same community.

1 Like

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by Kfed4ril(m): 12:25pm On Aug 23, 2016
kogistar:

You are stupid

1 Like

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by Marrtynze(m): 12:26pm On Aug 23, 2016
Wicked world Lori 10k,Olorun shaanu
Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by dilini(m): 12:34pm On Aug 23, 2016
Her death was not justified, she's the boss. The employee only has the right to demand an increment on his/her pay and it is to the discretion of the Boss to accept either to increase or leave it the way it was. The gateman should have simply walk away or call it quits with the job by informing the woman that he will be resigning instead of murdering the woman for no just cause. He should be arrested for murder and be given a life jail term...

My 2cents sha...

2 Likes

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by MrGerald(m): 12:36pm On Aug 23, 2016
llade:
How can someone who has a property of over N300 million pay her gateman N20,000 and refuse to increase it. However, that also does not justify the action of the gate man.
so because you worth billions you have to increase everything or pay higher than you should?

1 Like

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by AyoolaIgwe(m): 12:43pm On Aug 23, 2016
Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by kennethik: 12:45pm On Aug 23, 2016
This is what would have happen to someone who wants to live alone,how could u have such property and u choose to live alone where they are many of your family members wallowing in poverty and u are happy living alone may God help us

1 Like

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 23, 2016
ckmayoca:

Alot are doing it and they all leaves like one family
You never see where the person nephew go kill the owner of the house just cos she came home wit few millions. Bro anything fot happen anytime oh.
true
Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 23, 2016
Pascalville:

The way I understand it is, with a 300m house one obviously resides in an affluent area with common security for all (alarm system). She probably decided to have an extra gate man or better yet someone to just be around when she's not there. Anyway, he is going to jail, finish.

Don't go-around killing people, I still need you to make me laugh grin

Adamo84:
And She has also chose to die without any clear trace... Her life, Her house my foot

Is this what you've reduced death to, your foot? Chai

1 Like

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by Adamo84(m): 1:01pm On Aug 23, 2016
jagugu88li:

The way I understand it is, with a 300m house one obviously resides in an affluent area with common security for all. She probably decided to have an extra gate man or better yet someone to just be around when she's not there. Anyway, he is going to jail, finish.

Listen, my point is I detest that thought "My life, My bla bla bla" living alone is too dangerous. Even if the "gateman" didn't kill her, she may have died from other forms of ailment without help. This is not to justify murder. She shouldn't have lived alone in the first place

1 Like

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 23, 2016
jagugu88li:

The way I understand it is, with a 300m house one obviously resides in an affluent area with common security for all. She probably decided to have an extra gate man or better yet someone to just be around when she's not there. Anyway, he is going to jail, finish.

awwn... I cant kill a fly.. But that was someone's mom that was stabbed... Does he deserve mercy... Am here to make u smile always

1 Like

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by touchmeder: 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2016
kogistar:

Please stop this! No tribe was mentioned.
Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by kayti(m): 1:06pm On Aug 23, 2016
when the Western world collects data for almost everything they do you think they worry too much,how can you employ someone without adequate information about the person.
who were his guarantors, did he fill a form with his pix on it and that of his guarantors.
these things are meant to check your behaviour. cos you know you are traceable.
so black should stop acting dumb and not attach sentiments to all we do

2 Likes

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by edebemba(m): 1:10pm On Aug 23, 2016
marv1:
How can a woman be living all alone by herself. No husband, no boyfriend not even adopted child in her mansion yet she could not pay 30k salary to a gateman. Some people have forgoten that there no how u can live ur life in isolation that when evil will happen the person will be consumed by it. I am not jurging pls. God doest not want us to live in isolation.
The gateman took advantage that she lived alone to destroy her. That's why it is not not proper to live in isolation.

2 Likes

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by Afroconnect: 1:17pm On Aug 23, 2016
donbenedict:
Increase his salary for what? What special duty has he achieved to demand such?

He sweeps the compound and washes her car... and is paid 20k. How many gadamn graduates are being paid same amt for less tedious work?

Greed will only lead people behind bars.
Which graduate collects 20k, stupid selfish fool.
Be wise or your greed will do you in.
Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by mrtayesynchro(m): 1:46pm On Aug 23, 2016
tuoyoojo:
a yeye gateman that is of no economic benefit to the nation decided to end the life of a another

its not by force to work for a person na

if they could not arrive at a price he tot he deserved ,he should have left the place.

now that he has murdered sleep, he shall sleep no more

I am not justifying d gateman' crime which is definetely going to pay for,but let us be frank;the way most of these "rich dudes" behave towards their domestic servants is unfair,the job of a gate man is to open d gate as well as keep an eye on the house but a situation where he watches ur cars,sweeps the compound amounts to multitasking and u as an oga or madam should be ready to part with extra money or u want to tell me that if she had hired private security guards from halogen or sheriffs deputy etc where she would pay close to 40,000 monthly would she have d liver to tell them to sweep her compound or more so watch her car.most downtrodden do not have joy o,as such if the feel oppressed they can go extra mile to avenge against the perceived oppressor just like in this case.
So I am using this medium to appeal to people that have the means to always make good provision for ur domestic servants,pay them well,eni ba lo mo.
Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by ifyalways(f): 2:20pm On Aug 23, 2016
There are people I never joke with : My driver, help and security. Treat and handle them with care as you would your own flesh and blood cos you and your entire household's lives are in their hands. Once you notice any of them is keeping bad company,not happy with you or wants to leave, find a soft landing, pay him/her off like a foooool and part with them amicably. . .not stupidity but wisdom.

@Topic, I do pray the culprit is caught and made to face the law.

2 Likes

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by Ezionye(f): 2:24pm On Aug 23, 2016
marv1:
How can a woman be living all alone by herself. No husband, no boyfriend not even adopted child in her mansion yet she could not pay 30k salary to a gateman. Some people have forgoten that there no how u can live ur life in isolation that when evil will happen the person will be consumed by it. I am not jurging pls. God doest not want us to live in isolation.

Moral of ur story is? We shd not live alone to prevent being killed by our gatemen

Uve not heard of a whole family being killed by som1?

Pls focus on the story. Som1 was killed

And stop giving reasons

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

29-year-old Man Arrested For Defiling An 11-year-old Girl Behind A Church / Man Brutalize His Brother In Delta State (Photos) / Employee Kills Employer In Edo State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.