Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,691 members, 7,820,413 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

John Kerry: Is His Visit Worth The Noise? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / John Kerry: Is His Visit Worth The Noise? (439 Views)

Osinbajo Speaks On His Visit To President Buhari In London (Photos, Video) / Aregbesola Bends To Greet Olubadan Adetunji During His Visit To Osun (Photos) / Angry Benin Residents Meet With Fashola During His Visit To Edo State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

John Kerry: Is His Visit Worth The Noise? by ariesbull: 8:28am On Aug 23, 2016
The Yankees are in town, we should all shout halleluya! John Kerry, secretary to sates of United States of America. He is in town and we will all roll out the red carpets, black carpets, blue caprpets even pink carpets to welcome him. Maybe , we will roll out our virgins and shout” HERE COMES THE SECOND VISIT OF KERRY”. The question and the issue is, is this visit worth celebrating? I say NO to that. A source said that “Kerry will meet with President Muhammadu Buhari to discuss counterterrorism efforts, the Nigerian economy, the fight against corruption and human rights issues.” He will proceed to Sokoto. “In Sokoto, he will deliver a speech on the importance of resilient communities and religious tolerance in countering violent extremism.”

Is this visit vital? to me, i do not think so. Is this visit good for friendly relationship between Nigeria and almighty USA, maybe to some people yes, but we have looked and we are looking East not West. the speech is not imperative now. He should reserve that counter terrorism speech for his home state that has seen terrorism and police shooting. Oh, if a police shoots an unarmed black man, maybe in his view hat can’t be likened as a terrorism, because the police is probably a white and a Christian. To me that is terrorism, because, the singular at of police killing a articular race,terrifies that community.

As of religious tolerance, I don’t know how America has started this, we have seen Trump act an we have heard him peak about immigrant deportation. Forgetting that his forefathers are immigrants and they (immigrants) displaced the natives Indians to conservation and reservations. We have heard them say some anti Islamic speeches and talk down on Nigeria, especially by Trump. I wonder how that is tolerance? So, Kerry should first tender an apology to the swipe that presidential candidate took on Nigeria.....https://etimesafrica./2016/08/23/john-kerry-is-his-visit-worth-the-noise/
Re: John Kerry: Is His Visit Worth The Noise? by bizz(m): 8:30am On Aug 23, 2016
W
Re: John Kerry: Is His Visit Worth The Noise? by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 23, 2016
Definitely not.

The Aliens are not welcomed on our soil. angry
Re: John Kerry: Is His Visit Worth The Noise? by Guyman02: 10:14am On Aug 23, 2016
He is going to preach 'religious tolerance' to the people who killed 8 Nigerians yesterday.
Let him come, he is inconsequential.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Must Not Swallow Abubakar Shekau's Story About Chibok Girls! / Must Read:ogah's 7 Grounds Of Appeal To The Supreme Court / Isn't President Buhari Power Enough???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.