Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,227 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

The Izuchukwus, The Death, And The Nigerian Drug Dealer - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Izuchukwus, The Death, And The Nigerian Drug Dealer (989 Views)

Four Nigerian Drug Dealers Declared Wanted In South Africa. Photos / Drug Dealer Buries Himself Alive In US To Escape Arrest (Photos) / Thailand Police Arrest 34-year-old Nigerian Drug Dealer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Izuchukwus, The Death, And The Nigerian Drug Dealer by RCINC: 12:26pm On Aug 23, 2016
Life is hard, I'm sure you must have heard this before, but how about life as a Nigerian?
I think the Nigerian system has been designed to fail from the onset, life as a Nigerian is burdensome, its grave, its harder, its tough
Life as a poor Nigerian? Is misery. I have never scented poverty before but I have seen the absence of abundance from afar and from I have seen it up close.
Only the poor knows what it means to be poor, to be in lack always, to be insecure, to be sometimes constrained by the size of your pocket, to be familiar to rude awakenings
Life as a poor Nigerian is hardest.
Recently, in circulation, has been the picture of an igbo man, Izuchukwu F. Ezimoha, executed in Indonesia for drug trafficking
Lots of people have asked why he did the things he did, how he felt, was he fulfilled, etcetera
Its evident from his face bowed that his waterloo was not a pleasant news to him
How he felt? Might be how anyone would feel knowing death was a few meters from them
One a certain thread I saw gory, bashing and cursing, a sentence to self righteous hate, arrows and arrows of thank God and he deserves it fired
And I shake my head for these one.
While a crime can't and should never be justified for any said reason, colonising the role of judge Judy shouldn't be either
I'm not about to say life was tough for a petty thief so he should be licensed to break a into home, but drug trafficking isn't the same as stealing, for trafficking involves two willing partners I believe.
No one should engage in drug trafficking either.
Drug trafficking isn't a solution, it would never be.
This is not why I am here although, I am here to talk about poverty, the youth and addictions
I am here to blame the government past and present for the death of a man
If you shoot an "its hard but I did not steal arrow at me" may it land on your judgemental chest and erupt into flames.
Nigeria is a terrible country, its been 55 going on 56 years of independence with nothing to show for it.
In a country where the life of the youth has been drafted in a repetitive pattern, for the most of the privileged;
Go to school
Get a job
Build a home
This cannot be said to be a bad plan, if employment wasn't such an inexistent myth in Nigeria
So the average Nigerian would struggle years on to be back home on a couch he was once lifted off at age six, checking the next vacancy on the punch.
How about the uneducated? Who accounts for them?
Some will never amount to anything! They would live out their drag of a life having kids who would feed them by hawking on the streets this pattern is a wash-rinse-repeat but for the intervention of God
You see the country is an endless hem of beautiful disasters, the northern kid gets married to an old hag, ends up with some disease, the northern boy probably becomes an uneducated herdsman or something
Maybe the Igbo child would serve a master, maybe the spare part boss would settle him, maybe he would start a shop at Alaba international, God willing have his own boy too.
There are those who would become maids, those who would stand the streets of lere and VI unashamed, those who would get transported to Italy and UK under a binding oath and there's the Izuchukwu
The ones who would succumb and bend to the desperation served by poverty
The ones who would cork their conscience in a bottle and turn the other cheek.
I was once told that desperation is the mother of all crimes, indeed it is.
You would not know till you are doing what it takes to make a loved one breath again or to escape the agony that life has mounted on you
The Izuchukwu's would tell themselves that they would do this just once, as a matter of fact that's what they are told also by their moguls so they practise day and night understanding the principles of how not to get killed.
Maybe some Izuchukwus would run away with a Martha when they get to the land of the unknown (that I doubt) so they would fight it out for a few millions in the bank
Then what is really enough?
Why won't he just stop?
He became a damn millionaire, why won't he just stop?
Why won't a 74 years old man stop too?
Why won't our ancestors leave the country to be led by the living?
Why won't those sitting on the throne of power push their butts off for the owners?
Why won't tomorrow come for the generational owners?
Why won't Izuchukwu stop?
It's the same thing!
A man who has found a means to escape the terror that is poverty and Nigeria would leave his mouth stuck to the nipple from which he draws his milk.
He would convince himself that the next would be the last. Until it actually is for good or for bad.
For this I blame the government
I blame the old retards who would never retire
I blame my father and his generation
I blame Lord Luggard
I blame Nigeria
I blame its soil
Its water
Its air
I blame the land of empty promises!
I blame the one that can't provide for its own
I blame them all
I blame Izuchukwu
As his soul rests in peace, may the souls of the many more who would choose to die like this to escape the misery called poverty and Nigeria rest in peace also.
You all in the end are to be blamed.

https://theadoraweb./2016/08/23/the-izuchukwus-death-and-the-nigerian-dealers/

www.theadoraweb.

3 Likes

Re: The Izuchukwus, The Death, And The Nigerian Drug Dealer by fiftynaira(m): 12:44pm On Aug 23, 2016
Nice write up. Buh then again re u not brewing up tribal hate by labeling the bad eggs "izuchukwus's''?

1 Like

Re: The Izuchukwus, The Death, And The Nigerian Drug Dealer by QuotaSystem: 12:47pm On Aug 23, 2016
Only a shameless hypocrite will try to justify drug trafficking like the article above is trying to do by masking it under hardship.

The condemned drug trafficker that built the mansion below where his empty coffin was buried was not enduring any hardship but propelled by GREED.

I must however commend the author for at least trying to window dress this shameful attempt to rationalize drug trafficking, his ilk didn't even bother pretending not to support the evil crime.

Hardship indeed.

Re: The Izuchukwus, The Death, And The Nigerian Drug Dealer by RCINC: 12:54pm On Aug 23, 2016
QuotaSystem:
Only a shameless hypocrite will try to justify drug trafficking like the article above is trying to do by masking it under hardship.

The condemned drug trafficker that built the mansion below where his empty coffin was buried was not enduring any hardship but propelled by GREED.

I must however commend the author for at least trying to window dress this shameful attempt to rationalize drug trafficking, his ilk didn't even bother pretending not to support the evil crime.

Hardship indeed.

This isn't a justification, all I stated was the truth. The majority of us are already well trained judgemental folks, I just tried to see from the other side of life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Izuchukwus, The Death, And The Nigerian Drug Dealer by QuotaSystem: 12:59pm On Aug 23, 2016
RCINC:

This isn't a justification, all I stated was the truth. The majority of us are already well trained judgemental folks, I just tried to see from the other side of life.

And your truth is that the criminal that built that mansion was undergoing hardship?

Okay you've been heard.
Re: The Izuchukwus, The Death, And The Nigerian Drug Dealer by Uchexxy(m): 1:07pm On Aug 23, 2016
Nice write up@ op. indeed what u wrote up there is truth. some who spew trash here, don't know d amount of hard work it is to actually push drugs and why would anyone want to go through that if he actually has seen a better alternative in all ramifications?

1 Like

Re: The Izuchukwus, The Death, And The Nigerian Drug Dealer by sainttwist1(m): 1:42pm On Aug 23, 2016
nice 1 Op.....some people can judge ehn.....

1 Like

Re: The Izuchukwus, The Death, And The Nigerian Drug Dealer by simplex2: 4:39pm On Aug 23, 2016
Silly attempt at justifying crime! You can blame the govt, blame harsh economy, blame everything you want, but some of us are working hard to make ends meet and earn an earnest living, while some cowards have taken to drugs, just to build mansions and intimidate their peers with the biggest cars in town.

Yes, I am judging and I am not a fvcking christian so keep your "though shall not judge" sick quotation to yourself. That is how you people watch crime and encourage it despite claiming to be christians.

Of course he will rest in peace, there is already a mansion in heaven for him since he must have repented before being executed. That is why I have always chosen to spend my eternity in hell, together with the likes of Bill Gates and Steve Jobs. You hypocrites can enjoy your haven filled with repented drug barons that destroyed many lives with their greed and lust for money.

Rubbishhh!!
Re: The Izuchukwus, The Death, And The Nigerian Drug Dealer by RCINC: 5:49pm On Aug 23, 2016
simplex2:
Silly attempt at justifying crime! You can blame the govt, blame harsh economy, blame everything you want, but some of us are working hard to make ends meet and earn an earnest living, while some cowards have taken to drugs, just to build mansions and intimidate their peers with the biggest cars in town.

Yes, I am judging and I am not a fvcking christian so keep your "though shall not judge" sick quotation to yourself. That is how you people watch crime and encourage it despite claiming to be christians.

Of course he will rest in peace, there is already a mansion in heaven for him since he must have repented before being executed. That is why I have always chosen to spend my eternity in hell, together with the likes of Bill Gates and Steve Jobs. You hypocrites can enjoy your haven filled with repented drug barons that destroyed many lives with their greed and lust for money.

Rubbishhh!!

Is this a response to the post or a disguised rant against religion? Who hurt you child?
Re: The Izuchukwus, The Death, And The Nigerian Drug Dealer by 199122JY(f): 9:46pm On Aug 23, 2016
simplex2:

Rubbishhh!!

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Policemen Nearly Caused The Death Of An Anamnbra State Govt Lawyer / [serious Trouble For Two Ibadan Men Caught Red-handed Carrying A Human Skull ] / Graphic Photos: Boy Kills Self Over Heart Break

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.