Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Diversifying Power - Fashola. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diversifying Power - Fashola. (1125 Views)

Minister Of Power, Fashola, Mc Abbey, Dayo Amusa Takes Selfie @ TVC / 2017 Budget: Nigeria Is In Big Trouble – Minister Of Power, Fashola Says / Minister Of Power, Fashola Visits Aba (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diversifying Power - Fashola. by 989900: 1:18pm On Aug 23, 2016
The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Raji Fashola, has revealed that the Mambilla Power Station in Taraba State has the potential of adding 3000MW of power to the national grid on completion.

He stated this while delivering his speech at the recently held conference of the National Association of Energy Correspondents.
Having made excuse to digress from the theme of the day which was, ‘Gas To Power: Challenges and Opportunities “, the minister noted that though gas is a major source of energy, it alone cannot be sufficient for the achievement of “ Incremental Power” under the Roadmap for Change strategy of the ministry.
“Mambila Power Station, for example, is likely to be our most defining in the road to incremental power. Situated in Taraba State, it will potentially add 3000MW to the grid and yet this is a Hydro-Electric project, not gas,’ he said.
Describing the roadmap as effective, the minister said, ‘It is a process driven road map that focuses on the problems and seeks to solve them in a pragmatic way.
‘In the short period between when we started work in November 2015 and February of this year, our generating capacity rose to 5,074 MW, the highest we have ever generated as a nation.’
According to him, the upward trend would have continued but for the vandalisation of the Forcado pipeline among others which led to a drastic drop by over 2000 MW.

He said this administration is not out to make promises regarding how many mega watts it will generate at a given time as was characteristic of past governments which never came to past, but would work round the clock and pursue a holistic approach to achieve the incremental, stable and uninterrupted power supply to Nigerians.

On why past governments failed, he explained: “The reality is that we have had a government -driven monopoly of power dating back to 1950 when it was known as the Electricity Corporation of Nigeria (ECN) to National Electricity Power Authority of Nigeria (NEPA) and later Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) up to November 2013.
”In those 63 years, between 1950 and 2013, do you know what our maximum generation was? 4000MW.’

The minister also explained that diversifying sources of power is a core part of the holistic approach.
“The ministry has recently publicised our Energy Mix, and coal forms a large part of our target fuel source. On this note, I am pleased to say that the Nigerian Bulk Electricity Trading Plc (NBET) is working on a suitable tariff for coal-to-power that that will form the basis of a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA).
“Solar and other renewable energies will also play a major role in our roadmap to incremental power. We have recently signed 14 PPAs for the delivery of 1,125MW of solar power.
“Other renewable energy projects, such as the 10MW wind plant in Katsina, are also in various stages of completion,” he explained.
Re: Diversifying Power - Fashola. by Izonpikin: 1:35pm On Aug 23, 2016
fashola we will judge your performance in 2019...just keep kwayet and work...talk talk... angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Diversifying Power - Fashola. by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 23, 2016
For some reason this guy thinks talking more will be interpreted by Nigerians as doing more. Nice speech though but not in the face of this two hours everyday in Niger State.

In the past years to 2015 Dec or Nov, when people talk about improvement or reduction I don't understand what they were talking about because it's always being from 9am-4pm and 8pm-5am. This has has been like this for years. That's a day off two days on

Now when people talk of improvement on Nairaland I don't understand either because it's now from 10:30am-11:15am or so and 11pm-12am. This is a new development. The PHCN just brought the bill for July and it's 229 naira. Lol. At least they were honest. Lol.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diversifying Power - Fashola. by Oasis007(m): 1:57pm On Aug 23, 2016
undecided

And the Numerical OP expects this to make FP?!

Where is the Source?!

Power supply is kinda improving, thanks to the Minister of Light! He's indeed a working Personality.

He performed excellently when he was a Governor, and he's definitely gonna perform better as a Minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Meanwhile.....Wailers should learn to appreciate a performing Government at least once in a while!

1 Like

Re: Diversifying Power - Fashola. by simpleseyi: 2:01pm On Aug 23, 2016
Jonathan diversified looting. Looted through ATM-Dasuki and Boko Haram funds. Looted through NDDC's invincible projects. Looted through NNPC and JVC inflation of contracts and kick-backs. Looted through uncompleted power projects. Looted through embezzlement of yearly budgets by listing invincible projects and hyper-inflated contracts. Looted by giving millions of dollars to Cancer-Diezani and forcing several crook business men to donate money to be added to the one Cancer-Diezani kept at Fidelity Bank and at the end used the illegal money to bribe INEC officials.

1 Like

Re: Diversifying Power - Fashola. by comos: 2:11pm On Aug 23, 2016
Fashola work!!! and stop talking,

propaganda won't hide you this time
Re: Diversifying Power - Fashola. by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 23, 2016
Oasis007:
undecided

Where is the Source?!

Power supply is kinda improving, thanks to the Minister of Light! He's indeed a working Personality.

He performed excellently when he was a Governor, and he's definitely gonna perform better as a Minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Meanwhile.....Wailers should learn to appreciate a performing Government at least once in a while!
Improving? I don't understand. Where exactly do you live?
Re: Diversifying Power - Fashola. by 989900: 2:34pm On Aug 23, 2016
Oasis007:
undecided

Where is the Source?!

That is not my responsibility, and I can't paste links, I'd be auto-banned.

Nice input though.
Re: Diversifying Power - Fashola. by dunkem21(m): 2:49pm On Aug 23, 2016
989900:

That is not my responsibility, and I can't paste links, I'd be auto-banned.

Nice input though.

It's your responsibility .. Paste links or source joor.
Re: Diversifying Power - Fashola. by Oasis007(m): 2:56pm On Aug 23, 2016
Reyginus:
Improving? I don't understand. Where exactly do you live?

grin

Next Street to your Hood!
Re: Diversifying Power - Fashola. by pointstores(m): 3:00pm On Aug 23, 2016
grudually IS IMPROVING IN LAGOS BUT IN OGUN STATE NT IMPROVEING my OBSERVATION IN 2 STATE
Re: Diversifying Power - Fashola. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 23, 2016
Oasis007:

grin
Next Street to your Hood!
Come on, say it.
Re: Diversifying Power - Fashola. by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 23, 2016
simpleseyi:
Jonathan diversified looting. Looted through ATM-Dasuki and Boko Haram funds. Looted through NDDC's invincible projects. Looted through NNPC and JVC inflation of contracts and kick-backs. Looted through uncompleted power projects. Looted through embezzlement of yearly budgets by listing invincible projects and hyper-inflated contracts. Looted by giving millions of dollars to Cancer-Diezani and forcing several crook business men to donate money to be added to the one Cancer-Diezani kept at Fidelity Bank and at the end used the illegal money to bribe INEC officials.

Haba!bros..
If na so dem take loot am..naija for don dey olx. shocked
Re: Diversifying Power - Fashola. by Oasis007(m): 3:21pm On Aug 23, 2016
Reyginus:
Come on, say it.

Why do you care?
Re: Diversifying Power - Fashola. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 23, 2016
Oasis007:

Why do you care?
Okay. Don't bother.
Re: Diversifying Power - Fashola. by wristbangle: 3:29pm On Aug 23, 2016
We will get there one day
Re: Diversifying Power - Fashola. by 989900: 3:32pm On Aug 23, 2016
dunkem21:

It's your responsibility .. Paste links or source joor.

Read my comment again.
Re: Diversifying Power - Fashola. by dunkem21(m): 3:40pm On Aug 23, 2016
989900:

Read my comment again.

I got everything the first time. You put source for every article here. You're not new na cool
Re: Diversifying Power - Fashola. by 989900: 3:44pm On Aug 23, 2016
dunkem21:

I got everything the first time. You put source for every article here. You're not new na cool

You don't.
Re: Diversifying Power - Fashola. by dunkem21(m): 3:47pm On Aug 23, 2016
989900:

You don't.

OK, kindly explain again. .. No vex o cheesy

(1) (Reply)

fire 2 ministers, says ‘I fear being stoned because of this govt’s failure’ / Your Wish For Nigeria As She Turns 56 / El-rufai Condemns Attack On Shiites, Orders Arrest Of Perpetrators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.