Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,450 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Does God Exit? Let Us Ask Lalasticlala - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Exit? Let Us Ask Lalasticlala (2280 Views)

Does God Exist? A Debate / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? / Does God Scourge Us? 7 Reasons To Say No!! - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Exit? Let Us Ask Lalasticlala by Ranchhoddas: 8:33am On Aug 25, 2016
wirinet:

The universe does not exactly have an age. What is known is that the universe started its expansion some 12 - 15 billion years ago.
It is you religious people that are so arrogant in ignorance. You guys are so mentally lazy, that you are not ready to study and research any physical phenomena. Left to you guys, the sun, planets and moon would still be gods, and any unexplained phenomena would simply be allocated to a god.
What have you researched? Google researcher. Was the universe as we now know it in existence before the expansion? Think of it as a baby in the womb, the child is already in existence but you do not start counting it's age until it's born....and as for your drivel about unexplained phenomena, I never know wetin to tell you.
Re: Does God Exit? Let Us Ask Lalasticlala by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:47am On Aug 25, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
What have you researched? Google researcher. Was the universe as we now know it in existence before the expansion? Think of it as a baby in the womb, the child is already in existence but you do not start counting it's age until it's born....and as for your drivel about unexplained phenomena, I never know wetin to tell you.

Only atheists make daft claims to avoid acknowledging God . Only the atheists claim the universe is eternal with hot air from their arses as evidence .
Re: Does God Exit? Let Us Ask Lalasticlala by wirinet(m): 10:07am On Aug 25, 2016
-
Re: Does God Exit? Let Us Ask Lalasticlala by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:08am On Aug 25, 2016
wirinet:

The universe does not exactly have an age. What is known is that the universe started its expansion some 12 - 15 billion years ago.
It is you religious people that are so arrogant in ignorance. You guys are so mentally lazy, that you are not ready to study and research any physical phenomena. Left to you guys, the sun, planets and moon would still be gods, and any unexplained phenomena would simply be allocated to a god.

Please read this : http://www.hawking.org.uk/the-beginning-of-time.html
Re: Does God Exit? Let Us Ask Lalasticlala by donnffd(m): 4:06pm On Aug 25, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I said this Entity is CAUSELESS. The Universe has a beginning and something made it happen. The nature and workings of this Thing, I do not claim to know, but if you insist that nothing made the Universe, the burden of proof then falls on you...The Eternal Nature of this being is a logical assumption on my part.

If it is truly a logical assumption, then it is a big step from the universe must have a beginning to the creator is Eternal

What if the cause of the universe was impersonal, without an intention, an accident...

What if the cause of the universe was a community of Eternal beings working on a project just the same way groups of people build a space-craft or a skyscraper(which is far more logical than assuming the universe is created by one being, thats like saying a rocket was built by one person).

What if the cause of the universe is still subject to causality?, there is no rule that says everything outside the universe must be causeless and immaterial(its like saying because a locked room is full of air, if you step outside the room, you wouldnt find air anymore)

There are lots of logical assumptions that are far more reasonable than assuming that the cause of the universe is a timeless, immaterial, single being.
Re: Does God Exit? Let Us Ask Lalasticlala by Ranchhoddas: 4:54pm On Aug 25, 2016
donnffd:

If it is truly a logical assumption, then it is a big step from the universe must have a beginning to the creator is Eternal

What if the cause of the universe was impersonal, without an intention, an accident...

What if the cause of the universe was a community of Eternal beings working on a project just the same way groups of people build a space-craft or a skyscraper(which is far more logical than assuming the universe is created by one being, thats like saying a rocket was built by one person).

What if the cause of the universe is still subject to causality?, there is no rule that says everything outside the universe must be causeless and immaterial(its like saying because a locked room is full of air, if you step outside the room, you wouldnt find air anymore)

There are lots of logical assumptions that are far more reasonable than assuming that the cause of the universe is a timeless, immaterial, single being.
Like I said, the nature of this Creator is unknown to me, whether a Creator or a race of Creators, the point is that an Intelligence was required to birth the Universe we know today.
Re: Does God Exit? Let Us Ask Lalasticlala by donnffd(m): 5:48pm On Aug 25, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Like I said, the nature of this Creator is unknown to me, whether a Creator or a race of Creators, the point is that an Intelligence was required to birth the Universe we know today.

I understand you perfectly but i still think the logical conclusion is off...

Heres your argument:

-The Universe had a beginning
- Meaning the universe must have a cause
- Therefore the cause of the universe must be intelligent

Do you see the flaw of that argument?

There is nothing in the first two premise that leads to an intelligent cause...
Re: Does God Exit? Let Us Ask Lalasticlala by Ranchhoddas: 5:53pm On Aug 25, 2016
donnffd:

I understand you perfectly but i still think the logical conclusion is off...

Heres your argument:

-The Universe had a beginning
- Meaning the universe must have a cause
- Therefore the cause of the universe must be intelligent

Do you see the flaw of that argument?

There is nothing in the first two premise that leads to an intelligent cause...
Can there be an unintelligent cause for something as complex as the Universe.
Re: Does God Exit? Let Us Ask Lalasticlala by donnffd(m): 6:13pm On Aug 25, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Can there be an unintelligent cause for something as complex as the Universe.

Your idea of complex might be far-fetched...The universe is a very random and chaotic place with bodies colliding with one another, stars exploding, and black holes forming. 76% of its contents(Dark Energy) is expanding it at an exponential rate into Nothingness.

I really fail to see the design or complexity you talk about...
Re: Does God Exit? Let Us Ask Lalasticlala by Ranchhoddas: 6:32pm On Aug 25, 2016
donnffd:

Your idea of complex might be far-fetched...The universe is a very random and chaotic place with bodies colliding with one another, stars exploding, and black holes forming. 76% of its contents(Dark Energy) is expanding it at an exponential rate into Nothingness.

Na wa o. Is your anatomy not complex? I assume that you are a part of the Universe.
Re: Does God Exit? Let Us Ask Lalasticlala by donnffd(m): 6:45pm On Aug 25, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Na wa o. Is your anatomy not complex? I assume that you are a part of the Universe.

If life is your yardstick for complexity, then sorry but intelligence wasnt what was behind that complexity but Evolution.

It was discovered about 150years ago and the scientific consensus agrees on it because of the numerous wealth of evidence even if you might have a problem with it or reject it, but the truth remains that whether you accept it or not, it still doesnt change the fact that all life on earth evolved and ddnt require any intelligence at all.
Re: Does God Exit? Let Us Ask Lalasticlala by Ranchhoddas: 6:54pm On Aug 25, 2016
donnffd:

If life is your yardstick for complexity, then sorry but intelligence wasnt what was behind that complexity but Evolution.

It was discovered about 150years ago and the scientific consensus agrees on it because of the numerous wealth of evidence even if you might have a problem with it or reject it, but the truth remains that whether you accept it or not, it still doesnt change the fact that all life on earth evolved and ddnt require any intelligence at all.
Oh. The Milky Way is not complex enough for you, the rotation of the Earth isn't complex enough, what about the birth and death of stars; not complex enough? What then fits your criteria for complexity? An Iphone perhaps?
Re: Does God Exit? Let Us Ask Lalasticlala by donnffd(m): 7:32pm On Aug 25, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Oh. The Milky Way is not complex enough for you, the rotation of the Earth isn't complex enough, what about the birth and death of stars; not complex enough? What then fits your criteria for complexity? An Iphone perhaps?

Why should the rotation of the earth be complex when its explained simply, Gravity...the Suns gravity is what is pull the earth around...whats so complex in that?

The birth of stars is all gravity, large gases of hydrogen collapse on their own gravity to create stars...the death of stars isnt that complex also, its hydrogen fuel finished at the core there by making the stars surface unstable...

We understand all these things,its a normal thing, no intelligence is needed for it, i dont get the complexity you are talking about o....
Re: Does God Exit? Let Us Ask Lalasticlala by Ranchhoddas: 7:36pm On Aug 25, 2016
donnffd:

Why should the rotation of the earth be complex when its explained simply, Gravity...the Suns gravity is what is pull the earth around...whats so complex in that?

The birth of stars is all gravity, large gases of hydrogen collapse on their own gravity to create stars...the death of stars isnt that complex also, its hydrogen fuel finished at the core there by making the stars surface unstable...

We understand all these things,its a normal thing, no intelligence is needed for it, i dont get the complexity you are talking about o....
What in the Universe meets your criteria for complexity?
Re: Does God Exit? Let Us Ask Lalasticlala by donnffd(m): 7:53pm On Aug 25, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
What in the Universe meets your criteria for complexity?

If you noticed, i said your "idea" of complexity is far-fetched.

I do not claim the universe is overly simple, on the contrary, i believe it to be extremely beautiful even among the chaos, but i dont see any sign of intelligent work, for example, look at life, at first glance, you would argue that Life had to be the work of a designer, and so we thought for centuries, until Darwin showed us the wonderful work of Nature and its illusion of Design.

Now you cant argue that Life is the most complex Natural thing in the universe as we know it and still it came about Naturally without any intelligent help, now why now claim that the universe which in comparison with Life is far less complex and disordered was a product of intelligence?
Re: Does God Exit? Let Us Ask Lalasticlala by Ranchhoddas: 8:01pm On Aug 25, 2016
donnffd:

If you noticed, i said your "idea" of complexity is far-fetched.

I do not claim the universe is overly simple, on the contrary, i believe it to be extremely beautiful even among the chaos, but i dont see any sign of intelligent work, for example, look at life, at first glance, you would argue that Life had to be the work of a designer, and so we thought for centuries, until Darwin showed us the wonderful work of Nature and its illusion of Design.

Now you cant argue that Life is the most complex Natural thing in the universe as we know it and still it came about Naturally without any intelligent help, now why now claim that the universe which in comparison with Life is far less complex and disordered was a product of intelligence?
I can't disagree with this. But which is more logical; that these natural processes began spontaneously or that they were kickstarted by something?
Re: Does God Exit? Let Us Ask Lalasticlala by donnffd(m): 8:06pm On Aug 25, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I can't disagree with this. But which is more logical; that these natural processes began spontaneously or that they were kickstarted by something?

Even if something started it, it still doesnt mean that that something was intelligent or even had intentions...
Re: Does God Exit? Let Us Ask Lalasticlala by Ranchhoddas: 8:15pm On Aug 25, 2016
donnffd:

Even if something started it, it still doesnt mean that that something was intelligent or even had intentions...
Something unintelligent unintentionally kickstarted the Universe. Very logical bro. Makes a whole lot of sense.
Re: Does God Exit? Let Us Ask Lalasticlala by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 25, 2016
@op . maybe you should drop the word GOD and ask the question again. This time u can use creator. Then the argument can now start.

As for me, if am to use the word God, i will say he exist., but not the same God as the God in religion. Thats my reason for saying you should drop that word. I prefer to use CREATOR.
Re: Does God Exit? Let Us Ask Lalasticlala by wirinet(m): 8:57pm On Aug 25, 2016
donnffd:

I am proud that some Nigerians like you have sound knowledge of physics, instead of celebrating ignorance in the guise of religion.
The universe is indeed a very chaotic place. The semblance of order is isolated and short lived ( astronomically). Galaxies are distributed in a highly random and disorderly manner.
Re: Does God Exit? Let Us Ask Lalasticlala by MrMontella(m): 10:20pm On Aug 25, 2016
GoodMuyis:
The existence of God remained unresolved debate on nairaland, but I came up with this simple analogy using our famous lalasticlala.

Just like God, Lalas remain a mystery till today as a matter of fact, many nairaland member may not know that lalas do create his how topic that never made Front Page, ok lets leave story who e epp.

Lalas remain unknown to 99.9999% but only known for pushing Topic to FP, despite unknown does not invalidate his existence, in fact it will be foolishness for someone to wake-up one day and begin to say Lalas is nonentity.

If Nairaland atheist who have never met or seen Virtual Lalas before, create a Topic and pray to #FPgod quoting relevant incantation like snake, fayose, or any trending and expect the Topic to be at front page, WHY should it be difficult to believed God existed even if He remain unseen

There are many who create either worthy/non-worthy FP Topic and still pray to Lalas and their prayer remain unanswered, those with worthy topics considered Lalas action as wickedness and evil, YET that does not mean a Keyboard Warrior monikered lalastic.lala doest not exist.

LIKE GOD Like lalastic.lala
Remain Unseen to many but few - but existed
Post un-sources BREAKING NEWS, Topic with Strong Word or Hate and your FP prayer remain unanswered - except you follow DueProcess

Some atheist will say waris dis what nonsense! well thats same way a deist look at you when you say God does not exit.

I hope with this little nonsense am able to help your night or morning
poor analogy..
Simple question..
How many lalasticlalas' are on nairaland claiming to be lalasticlala?

1 Like

Re: Does God Exit? Let Us Ask Lalasticlala by GoodMuyis(m): 7:16am On Aug 27, 2016
AnonyNymous:
I don't understand how somebody will sit down and compose this nonsense undecided
mml
No he was laying down, when he was typing. Because you guys are slices of jokers
Re: Does God Exit? Let Us Ask Lalasticlala by ValentineMary(m): 12:05pm On Aug 27, 2016
GoodMuyis:
[s] The existence of God remained unresolved debate on nairaland, but I came up with this simple analogy using our famous lalasticlala.

Just like God, Lalas remain a mystery till today as a matter of fact, many nairaland member may not know that lalas do create his how topic that never made Front Page, ok lets leave story who e epp.

Lalas remain unknown to 99.9999% but only known for pushing Topic to FP, despite unknown does not invalidate his existence, in fact it will be foolishness for someone to wake-up one day and begin to say Lalas is nonentity.

If Nairaland atheist who have never met or seen Virtual Lalas before, create a Topic and pray to #FPgod quoting relevant incantation like snake, fayose, or any trending and expect the Topic to be at front page, WHY should it be difficult to believed God existed even if He remain unseen

There are many who create either worthy/non-worthy FP Topic and still pray to Lalas and their prayer remain unanswered, those with worthy topics considered Lalas action as wickedness and evil, YET that does not mean a Keyboard Warrior monikered lalastic.lala doest not exist.

LIKE GOD Like lalastic.lala
Remain Unseen to many but few - but existed
Post un-sources BREAKING NEWS, Topic with Strong Word or Hate and your FP prayer remain unanswered - except you follow DueProcess

Some atheist will say waris dis what nonsense! well thats same way a deist look at you when you say God does not exit.

I hope with this little nonsense am able to help your night or morning [/s]
Pls tell me u gave your 2 year old brother to type this for u. If u did it urself, then am disappointed how sensless this thread is.
It is so senseless that it does not deserve a response.
Re: Does God Exit? Let Us Ask Lalasticlala by Logicbwoy: 12:22pm On Aug 27, 2016
lalastic thread grin grin
Re: Does God Exit? Let Us Ask Lalasticlala by GoodMuyis(m): 12:01am On Aug 29, 2016
ValentineMary:

Pls tell me u gave your 2 year old brother to type this for u. If u did it urself, then am disappointed how sensless this thread is.
It is so senseless that it does not deserve a response.

It doesnt have to be sensible, Its all Joke from the first Letter, if u cant laugh to it, them you must be sadisticlala

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Nairaland Atheists Behave Silly Sometimes? / A Loving God / Children Of GOD Pray For Nigeria At This Time. PRAY.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.