Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,803 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Please How Is This Prepared And What Is The Name. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Please How Is This Prepared And What Is The Name. (7004 Views)

I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! / How Sallah Meat Was Prepared In Sokoto At Night (Photos) / Big Monitor Lizard Caught By Soldiers, Prepared As Pepper Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Is This Prepared And What Is The Name. by Blessograo(f): 5:13am On Aug 24, 2016
Good day guys, Please there is this local drink that is locally made inside a big calabash usually served cold and sold in Nigerian market, it has a black or coffee brown colour. can you please prepare it give a hint of how to prepare it, it is made with fruit and i don't know if you know what i'm talking about but is you do know about it please help me with the name and how it is prepared. God bless you in advance. kiss
Re: Please How Is This Prepared And What Is The Name. by sseunth(m): 5:33am On Aug 24, 2016
the name is pito......

it is always black....served cold....put inside calabask or a black pot....

1 Like

Re: Please How Is This Prepared And What Is The Name. by GogetterMD(m): 5:57am On Aug 24, 2016
Pinto, the senior brother of adoyo is what you're referring to
The recipe has been kept secret for centuries, so I'm afraid I can't help you with that

2 Likes

Re: Please How Is This Prepared And What Is The Name. by mrbillz(m): 6:18am On Aug 24, 2016
GogetterMD:
Pinto, the senior brother of adoyo is what you're referring to
The recipe has been kept secret for centuries, so I'm afraid I can't help you with that
What is kept secret about the recipe? It's very simple, Get the fermented pap water omidun or omi ogi as its popularly called in Yoruba. Then get lemon grass. Put the fermented pap water in a pot and put the lemon grass inside and boil till you get your desired aroma. After that, you burn sugar on the fire and after it got burnt to dark brown or black. Pour the burnt sugar in the boiled fermented pap water and stir continuously. That's how your Pito is prepared. It's as simple as that. Get some iced block to cool it and enjoy smiley winkI hope this helped

11 Likes

Re: Please How Is This Prepared And What Is The Name. by GogetterMD(m): 6:20am On Aug 24, 2016
mrbillz:
What is kept secret about the recipe? It's very simple, Get the fermented pap water omidun or omi ogi as its popularly called in Yoruba. Then get lemon grass. Put the fermented pap water in a pot and put the lemon grass inside and boil till you get your desired aroma. After that, you burn sugar on the fire and after it got burnt to dark brown or black. Pour the burnt sugar in the boiled fermented pap water and stir continuously. That's how your Pito is prepared. It's as simple as that. Get some iced block to cool it and enjoy smiley winkI hope this helped
So that's how it's made? Pap water and grass? undecided embarassed

1 Like

Re: Please How Is This Prepared And What Is The Name. by mrbillz(m): 6:54am On Aug 24, 2016
GogetterMD:

So that's how it's made? Pap water and grass? undecided embarassed
as explained

2 Likes

Re: Please How Is This Prepared And What Is The Name. by tosinjay(m): 4:00pm On Aug 24, 2016
I last tasted that thing in ibadan, haven't heard pim of it around lagos. Usually those local people that sells it then. Name is pito but is that the English name if it's recognised?

1 Like

Re: Please How Is This Prepared And What Is The Name. by Blessograo(f): 4:32pm On Aug 24, 2016
mrbillz:
You did help to an extent but i usually see some fruits in the calabash like pinapple and grape fruit, but i want to know the fruits used in the process.

1 Like

Re: Please How Is This Prepared And What Is The Name. by mrbillz(m): 7:06pm On Aug 24, 2016
Blessograo:

You did help to an extent but i usually see some fruits in the calabash like pinapple and grape fruit, but i want to know the fruits used in the process.
They only add those fruits to improve the nutritional value of the drink, flavor and spice up the drink. I just told you the recipe and how it's made. I'm always ready to help if you have more questions

2 Likes

Re: Please How Is This Prepared And What Is The Name. by Blessograo(f): 7:28pm On Aug 24, 2016
mrbillz:
They only add those fruits to improve the nutritional value of the drink, flavor and spice up the drink. I just told you the recipe and how it's made. I'm always ready to help if you have more questions
Thanks so much, God bless you.
Re: Please How Is This Prepared And What Is The Name. by Blessograo(f): 7:30pm On Aug 24, 2016
Thanks guys for the help, you guys rock! kiss

1 Like

Re: Please How Is This Prepared And What Is The Name. by ucnwafor(m): 9:09pm On Aug 24, 2016
Blessograo:
Thanks guys for the help, you guys rock! kiss
who cares 4 your PM sef, who u epp??

Oloshi
Re: Please How Is This Prepared And What Is The Name. by mrbillz(m): 9:51pm On Aug 24, 2016
Blessograo:

Thanks so much, God bless you.
Amen!!! I'm glad I helped
Re: Please How Is This Prepared And What Is The Name. by Blessograo(f): 2:06am On Aug 25, 2016
ucnwafor:
who cares 4 your PM sef, who u epp??

Oloshi

Becaues i didn't reply doesn't mean you have to insult me, ok? If i choose not to or cannot reply due to anything going on it is my choice or i don't have the time to check pm.

3 Likes

Re: Please How Is This Prepared And What Is The Name. by Nobody: 12:06am On Aug 29, 2016
Blessograo:
Good day guys, Please there is this local drink that is locally made inside a big calabash usually served cold and sold in Nigerian market, it has a black or coffee brown colour. can you please prepare it give a hint of how to prepare it, it is made with fruit and i don't know if you know what i'm talking about but is you do know about it please help me with the name and how it is prepared. God bless you in advance. kiss
it's called Pito
Re: Please How Is This Prepared And What Is The Name. by MrCork: 9:08pm On Sep 08, 2016
Blessograo:

^^^story... Do u hav nyansh? undecided
Re: Please How Is This Prepared And What Is The Name. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 08, 2016
MrCork:

^^^story... Do u hav nyansh? undecided
but what's your problem with yansh in romance section self undecided undecided.

Iamnawty have yansh. You want her
Re: Please How Is This Prepared And What Is The Name. by IamNawty(f): 10:12pm On Sep 08, 2016
HateU2:
but what's your problem with yansh in romance section self undecided undecided.

Iamnawty have yansh. You want her
mrcork undecided
Re: Please How Is This Prepared And What Is The Name. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 08, 2016
IamNawty:
mrcork undecided
mrcork is always talking Bout yansh and punny and kondo undecided undecided. Chasing after girls here.
Re: Please How Is This Prepared And What Is The Name. by iphyjones(f): 9:40am On Feb 16, 2018
Please what is fermented maize water I want to make adoyo
Re: Please How Is This Prepared And What Is The Name. by iphyjones(f): 9:43am On Feb 16, 2018
mrbillz:
pleasevam interested in making adoyo. How do I get the fermented maize water
Re: Please How Is This Prepared And What Is The Name. by sayo147(f): 7:46pm On Feb 18, 2018
iphyjones:
pleasevam interested in making adoyo. How do I get the fermented maize water
You know the normal pap / akamu / ogi we take is gotten from maize right, So it's usually preserved by adding water to it which we change after some time. That water is what he is referring to

2 Likes

Re: Please How Is This Prepared And What Is The Name. by Qhalifah: 5:36pm On Apr 09
mrbillz:
One question boss, are there like measurements for the sugar and omidun

(1) (Reply)

Suya Meat / Whipped Cream In Lagos? And Milo In Sponge Cake? / Where Can I Get Indomie Distributors In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.