Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks (29974 Views)

Naira Gains, Dollar Crashes At Parallel Market / Naira Firms On Black Market After Central Bank Action - BDC Traders / CBN Reinstates 9 Banks Suspended From Forex Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by DabuIIIT: 6:43pm On Aug 24, 2016
oyinkinola:

...it seems that you people have short memory I warn and insit os simply removed of Godwin Emefiele and it's not go well for you people?
after several warning I take you to the nearest countries surrounding Nigeria the Cfa zones, to make you reason on how the monetary system is manage! but who listened?
Nigerian keep managing your Emefiele action on Naira!
here is one of my warning:https://www.nairaland.com/3306047/godwin-emefiele-clueless-must-sacked#48737994

here is the conversion of fcfa to Naira and the equivalent of it's denomination to Naira, you see the difference:
Coins:
50k=1fcfa
50kx5= 250k =N2.50k
50kx10=500k=N5.00k..............Nigeria currency Note
50kx25=1250k=N12.50k
50x50=2500k=N25.00k
50kx100=5000k=N50.00k..........Nigeria currency Note
50kx200=10000k=N100.00k.......Nigeria currency Note
50kx500=25000k=N250.00k
Fcfa currency Notes:
50kx1000=50000k=N500.00k.....Nigeria currency Note
50kx2000=100000k=N1000.00k..Nigeria currency Note
50kx5000=250000k=N2500.00k
50kx10000=500000k=N5000.00k
What a consumer(buyer) will protect on an economy like our, where is the money in the market that the buyer will protect! and when the money didn't have saver it will lead to what!.....not inflation?

engrish yaff suffer..pls switch to vernaculer nah,haba!

Op,are u guys gonna be blaming gej forever?

1 Like

Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by DAramis: 6:44pm On Aug 24, 2016
Slowly moving to the #500/dollar projection.
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by Deepfreezer(m): 6:46pm On Aug 24, 2016
This is not good at all.
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by rusher14: 6:47pm On Aug 24, 2016
Mboi2:

Foolish. Soon it will hit hard those that feed you by then your eyes will clear.

Please try to bring foreign into the economy and enjoy the gains.
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by bigtt76(f): 6:47pm On Aug 24, 2016
This is long overdue. Maybe PMB restrain from firing the baga so as not to create panic but now it is back firing. I just don't understand this governor's understanding of the economy. He's just a a buffon. angry

oyinkinola:

https://www.nairaland.com/3306047/godwin-emefiele-clueless-must-sacked
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by tempest01(m): 6:48pm On Aug 24, 2016
Toeyoursea:

The banks violated the TSA agreement and they should be made to face the wrought of the law. The price hike is the price the government will have to pay for doing the right thing and I think it is worth it. They will learn to take Nigeria serious next time; THE ERA OF IMPUNITY IS OVER.

So there are no other ways of making punishment than to ban them from forex, when the forex market is shaky?
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by oyinkinola: 6:48pm On Aug 24, 2016
..I warn that Emefiele is biased, any reform that failed to take into consideration of 70% of Nigerian population will failed! emefiele is working for his elite colleague and left the traders who were made for profits the totality control of the market, it will collapsed!
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by franzis(m): 6:49pm On Aug 24, 2016
Onpeee .... Abeg anyone know if yahoo yahoo still dey pay

1 Like

Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by olafum1(m): 6:49pm On Aug 24, 2016
Toeyoursea:

The banks violated the TSA agreement and they should be made to face the wrought of the law. The price hike is the price the government will have to pay for doing the right thing and I think it is worth it. They will learn to take Nigeria serious next time; THE ERA OF IMPUNITY IS OVER.

Oga.. don't u think the banks can be fined just like NCC did for mtn, rather than banning them from transacting in FX which in-turn add salt to the already festered injury of Nigerians.

No body is saying the banks shouldn't be punished but the cluelessness of this administration is what had been and is still continue to bring hardship to Nigerians... They are so foolish..
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by ceejay80s(m): 6:51pm On Aug 24, 2016
Toeyoursea:

Best answer ever....
Only a thief will support the banks involved
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by divide9ja: 6:52pm On Aug 24, 2016
THE ZOO! grin grin grin
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by oyinkinola: 6:54pm On Aug 24, 2016
DabuIIIT:

engrish yaff suffer..pls switch to vernaculer nah,haba!

Op,are u guys gonna be blaming gej forever?
we are worried of serious issue that concern the life of people you defending other culture!
simply removed the emefiele that's all.
read this if that is too hard for you:
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by Adesiji77: 6:55pm On Aug 24, 2016
Speculators at work... angry

I don't believe that it has anything to do with the ban. The FX market is not liquid as it is.

Who says the banned banks have dollars to sell in the first place? kiss

Or are some interest group trying to blackmail/arm-twist CBN into lifting the ban? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by purplekayc(m): 6:58pm On Aug 24, 2016
Yahoo boys are smiling.

1 Like

Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by DabuIIIT: 6:59pm On Aug 24, 2016
oyinkinola:

we are worried of serious issue that concern the life of people you defending other culture!
simply removed the emefiele that's all.
read this if that is too hard for you:

swerve
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by oyinkinola: 7:00pm On Aug 24, 2016
...NL am still waiting for a single person, who will confirm my warning!
it's just the beginning until Godwin emefiele is fired!
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by DabuIIIT: 7:02pm On Aug 24, 2016
oyinkinola:
..I warn that Emefiele is biased, any reform that failed to take into consideration of 70% of Nigerian population will failed! emefiele is working for his elite colleague and left the traders who were made for profits the totality control of the market, it will collapsed!

chai!!! My ppl,see english?see who is 'suggesting suggestion'! Chai! Engriss yaff die.
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by tunde1200(m): 7:07pm On Aug 24, 2016
Miles300:
I just said naira will be heading to 500 yesterday it's simple to forcast it .. Foolish govt

Clap for your self
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by oyinkinola: 7:10pm On Aug 24, 2016
DabuIIIT:

swerve
swerve?. no wonder why Nigeria is backing, who is the governor of the CBN today...Godwin Emefiele, if he can't discharge his responsibility why hang to to office?
https://www.nairaland.com/3304223/godwin-emefiele-intentionally-killed-aira
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by DabuIIIT: 7:14pm On Aug 24, 2016
oyinkinola:
too hard for you, here is the simpler: https://www.nairaland.com/3304223/godwin-emefiele-intentionally-killed-aira
emefiele for president
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by Standing5(m): 7:15pm On Aug 24, 2016
blueto:
This is what happens when the govt is so clueless and myopic to foresee and evaluate the future effects of their decisions.

meanwhile, we are still waiting for the Yuan deal.
The Presidency has every right to do what is constitutionally right. HoR, Senators, govs are busy exploiting this same constitution to thwart the efforts of the presidency, so why can't the presidency act according to the constitution? People are being lynched because the constitution permits their religion. Until the constitution is purged of fraud and protected there will continue to chaos.
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 24, 2016
This regime baffles me o. They're blaming GEJ for past economic woes and still hanging on to one of the man(Emefiele) at the center of the economy then. This government will only deceived the foolish ones.
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by alexarelano(m): 7:21pm On Aug 24, 2016
Have you blamed Buhari 2day?
grin cheesy
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by EbolaParasite: 7:26pm On Aug 24, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Ope ooooo......this is a good news. That little change i use to collect from western union will worth it now. Thanks to Buhari...if it can also move to 500, it will favour mi o

If only life was that sweet. Inflation is ripe. That your little change that you think has increased in value due to dollar approaching 400 naira na fabuu. The price of the goods and the joints that you will spend it have also gone up my friend!!!

3 Likes

Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by folks4luv(f): 7:28pm On Aug 24, 2016
Toeyoursea:

i don't like calling people zombie, but ur comment is out of this world.
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by kinibigdeal(m): 7:29pm On Aug 24, 2016
You wont understand

EbolaParasite:

If only life was that sweet. Inflation is ripe. That your little change that you think has increased in value due to dollar approaching 400 naira na fabuu. The price of the goods and the joints that you will spend it have also gone up my friend!!!
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by Sammig1(m): 7:31pm On Aug 24, 2016
send in your funds and cash it in naira. no stories...no fuss. call, sms or whatsapp 08037495005 or email uniquesammig@gmail.com
A trial will make you stick to me.
get started now!!!
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 24, 2016
Toeyoursea:

Not a buhari supporter , but agreed.
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by Demainman1: 7:34pm On Aug 24, 2016
oyinkinola:

...when am warning you, you take me as lunatic, go through those threads again, and realize I never honk for nothing!

This guy, e be like say madness dey your lineage. Lunatic.
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by Bluffly: 7:34pm On Aug 24, 2016
blueto:
This is what happens when the govt is so clueless and myopic to foresee and evaluate the future effects of their decisions.

meanwhile, we are still waiting for the Yuan deal.
Just as the citizens are clueless. What bits are you doing to help your country, I'm sure nothing. The Banks are sabotaging efforts and you are saying thrash. Let everyone be plain and create value and not expecting some sort of silver spoon from the government.

You are talking of Yuan deal what do you have to offer in return.
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by Bluffly: 7:38pm On Aug 24, 2016
Angelparadise:
Are we heading to equate Zimbabwe dollars? Those that voted for change how far ?
Of course you will have Naira competing with ZimDollars because you all are not creating value. You prefer to be a slave to other countries than build yours.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

As A Student, What Business Can I Start With 117k? / Mark Zuckerberg Loses 17. 6bn Plunge To World's Sixth Richest / Shipping Agents From London To Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.